Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thankfully Maul* got rid of them all. And amusingly Grand Inquisitor, despite being dead, had more character development/depth in Season 2 than they did.

* cptn_dr: "Formerly Darth, now just Maul." :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
New Adventure module for Force & Destiny, Ghosts of Dathomir announced. Looks like the Inquisitor spinny sabers are coming to the game.

Announcement article all but confirms that a new Force Power will be included.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
That fuckin gestapo toydarian.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
On an unrelated note, I built an NPC Toydarian for my Colonist game that had Brawn 5 or 6...flavored it that he actually walked around on his legs because he was a huge gym rat and actually bulked up enough to not need to fly.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

jivjov posted:

On an unrelated note, I built an NPC Toydarian for my Colonist game that had Brawn 5 or 6...flavored it that he actually walked around on his legs because he was a huge gym rat and actually bulked up enough to not need to fly.

I tried building a Toydarian Marauder once. I ultimately dropped the character because I couldn't visualise what he'd looking like as a ripped toydarian.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Turns out binge watching Rebels is a great way to get motivated to run EotE. I've put together a very rough folio for the planet I'm going to set my game on, but I do like the idea of making a "Welcome to drizzly Arkanis" in-character document to give my players. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now all I need to do is get less poo poo at using photoshop.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Splicer posted:

Darkside
Nooooooo
Fighters of the Lightside
Nooooooo
Champion of the Sith
Nooooooo
You're the master of the Deathstar
With force chokes
For everyone

Think about it. She’s out in the middle of space with some Sith she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but cold vacuum. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

‘Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no…because of the implication.

...The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to give up the location of the Rebel base. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Think about it. She’s out in the middle of space with some Sith she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but cold vacuum. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

‘Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no…because of the implication.

...The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to give up the location of the Rebel base. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.

lmao

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

cptn_dr posted:

Turns out binge watching Rebels is a great way to get motivated to run EotE. I've put together a very rough folio for the planet I'm going to set my game on, but I do like the idea of making a "Welcome to drizzly Arkanis" in-character document to give my players. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now all I need to do is get less poo poo at using photoshop.

This is cool.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I wish my EotE game wasn't put on death rowindefinite hold so I could steal this. :smith:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So for a F&D game I recently ran for some friends irl who had never played a tabletop game before, I have some highlights:

The party was a bunch of street kids brought together by a Mysterious Old Man who was teaching them about the Force, on Taris [which is rebuilt into a middle ground between gleaming coruscant and seedy nar shaddaa, city planet wise]

Inquisitor shows up first thing, and starts lightning-ing old man, so the teens split and run for the loving hills.

They come face to face with a bunch of storm troopers, and one of the kids decides to rat out the inquisitor + old man inorder to talk their way past.

They proceed to use guerrilla tactics to take out the two guards of the imperial shuttle that the storm troopers were from, and take the shuttle.

One of the girls in the group tries to talk their way past the imperial flight control, fails, shoots out the comm system while going "SCHHK WE'RE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES SSCHHHK". Rolls 5 total successes on her deception... and 2 threats +1 despair.

The transport is tractor beamed in to a star destroyer, the entire team puts on uniforms to try and blend in.

Had a short encounter with a locked door because none of them had credentials they should have had, fixed by the droid expert.

Left off with them on the star destroyer, in full storm trooper armor, with no easy way to escape, but also no one knowing they are there.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
You know they are going to commandeer the whole thing right? :allears:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Well, they'll need to fake catastrophic reactor leaks or somehow convince the Imperials to abandon ship, then figure how to run the thing with nothing but a skeleton crew. They can either sell it to the rebels or start their own pirate fleet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

So for a F&D game I recently ran for some friends irl who had never played a tabletop game before, I have some highlights:

The party was a bunch of street kids brought together by a Mysterious Old Man who was teaching them about the Force, on Taris [which is rebuilt into a middle ground between gleaming coruscant and seedy nar shaddaa, city planet wise]

Inquisitor shows up first thing, and starts lightning-ing old man, so the teens split and run for the loving hills.

They come face to face with a bunch of storm troopers, and one of the kids decides to rat out the inquisitor + old man inorder to talk their way past.

They proceed to use guerrilla tactics to take out the two guards of the imperial shuttle that the storm troopers were from, and take the shuttle.

One of the girls in the group tries to talk their way past the imperial flight control, fails, shoots out the comm system while going "SCHHK WE'RE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES SSCHHHK". Rolls 5 total successes on her deception... and 2 threats +1 despair.

The transport is tractor beamed in to a star destroyer, the entire team puts on uniforms to try and blend in.

Had a short encounter with a locked door because none of them had credentials they should have had, fixed by the droid expert.

Left off with them on the star destroyer, in full storm trooper armor, with no easy way to escape, but also no one knowing they are there.

Please continue this game I am irrationally invested in their fates now :ohdear:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

wiegieman posted:

Well, they'll need to fake catastrophic reactor leaks or somehow convince the Imperials to abandon ship, then figure how to run the thing with nothing but a skeleton crew. They can either sell it to the rebels or start their own pirate fleet.

Fess up...are you reading or writing for the ongoing Marvel Star Wars comic? This is literally the current storyline.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

wiegieman posted:

It would be more convincing if thet just up and caused the leak.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It would be more convincing if thet just up and caused the leak.

I think that's mostly(?) unlikely, because one of them was like 'lets just rig this place to blow and gently caress over the imperials, think of how big a blow that would be' (same guy who told the stormtroopers about 'crazy old guys with laser swords throwing each other around with magic') and the others were all like 'Uhm, that's like, fifty thousand people being killed, i am not doing that'.

It's pretty nice to be in a game group that has thus far been like, super non-murderous. Even the storm troopers they went guerrilla on they were specifically going for non-lethality, just stripped them naked, tied them up, and took all their gear. Most of them have been all 'well, these are peeeoople'. It's very different compared to groups conditioned with D&D who I watch just try to shoot everyone dead the second they look funny.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

'Uhm, that's like, fifty thousand people being killed, i am not doing that'.

LOL. Is your game set pre-Yavin?

*Has a crisis of conscience about the millions of lives on the Death Star, aborts his trench run.*

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

KittyEmpress posted:

I think that's mostly(?) unlikely, because one of them was like 'lets just rig this place to blow and gently caress over the imperials, think of how big a blow that would be' (same guy who told the stormtroopers about 'crazy old guys with laser swords throwing each other around with magic') and the others were all like 'Uhm, that's like, fifty thousand people being killed, i am not doing that'.

It's pretty nice to be in a game group that has thus far been like, super non-murderous. Even the storm troopers they went guerrilla on they were specifically going for non-lethality, just stripped them naked, tied them up, and took all their gear. Most of them have been all 'well, these are peeeoople'. It's very different compared to groups conditioned with D&D who I watch just try to shoot everyone dead the second they look funny.

I've found this game to be significantly easier to teach to people who haven't been playing D&D/WoD/PF for years and years.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

I've found this game to be significantly easier to teach to people who haven't been playing D&D/WoD/PF for years and years.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

While reading and writing stuff up for my Arkanis game, I was also struck with the urge to run a police procedural style game about CorSec officers. Has anyone here done that before? How did it turn out? I might add it to the list of "campaigns I will run one day".

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

cptn_dr posted:

While reading and writing stuff up for my Arkanis game, I was also struck with the urge to run a police procedural style game about CorSec officers. Has anyone here done that before? How did it turn out? I might add it to the list of "campaigns I will run one day".
If you do a PbP of that kind of thing, definitely mention it in here! :D Since that actually sounds really interesting.

Especially if they're like a "special" unit/team (i.e. one that's filled with officers who pissed high-up people off for various reasons like trying to uncover corruption) who deal with all the random and lovely assignments, basically to just keep them busy/out of the way*. Cue lots of "I'm too old for this poo poo" and "fuckin' Empire/Rebellion" lines, (for when they need to deal with fallout caused by either side within CorSec's jurisdiction, likely involving a shootout with lots of collateral damage, with CorSec needing to investigate what actually happened, as the Empire is stonewalling and not giving any information about it.) between taking drags from a space-cigarette, or shots of alcohol.

*Sort of like in The Wire I guess, where one of the characters was transferred to a police pawn shop investigation unit, and another was moved to a boat-based unit - which they both hated.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

jivjov posted:

Fess up...are you reading or writing for the ongoing Marvel Star Wars comic? This is literally the current storyline.

Who cribbed it from The Hunt for Red October.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

cptn_dr posted:

There was some talk earlier in the thread about a "Playing the cops on Nar Shaddah" game, I think, but I'm not sure if that actually went anywhere or was just a set up for extended riffing on "Hutt Fuzz" as a campaign name.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting my copy of Endless Vigil this afternoon. Info requests welcome!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
New Lightsaber mods?

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
Any new species?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LongDarkNight posted:

New Lightsaber mods?

Damping Emitter - Makes a saber deal stun damage, decreases damage by 2, increases crit rating by one, loses Breach

Overcharge Power Cell - Spend one Advantage to increase damage by 1; GM can spend 2 Threat to decrease damage by 2

Pistol Hilt - Have you watched Rebels? Congrats, you can now build Ezra's first saber. Stun only shots, Dam 6, Crit 3, Range Short.

Reflex Grip - Suffer one additional strain, but count ranks in Parry and Reflect as one higher

Shien Reverse Grip Customization - Add 1 Adv to all Lightsaber (Cunning) checks, Add 1 Threat to all other Lightsaber checks. Become the protag of Force Unleashed

Etaan Crystal - Saber gains Base Damage 6, Crit 2, Gains Breach 1 and Sunder. Improved Reflect increases Damage by 2. Blade makes really loud clashing noises and flashes really bright.

Ghostfire Crystal - Blade is nearly soundless and almost translucent. Saber gains base Damage 6, Crit 2, Breach 1 and Sunder. Spend 4 Adv or 1 Triumph to prevent target from using Parry.

Savidudeosoo posted:

Any new species?

As far as I know, we already knew the three species from the preview articles; but they are Gand, Muun, and Pantoran

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Any 2 Force Rating Trees?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mechayahiko posted:

Any 2 Force Rating Trees?

All 3 specs only have 1 +1 Force Rating talent, New power only requires FR 1

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is this the one that has the Inquisitor roto-saber in it?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It also has the cross guard saber FWIW.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is this the one that has the Inquisitor roto-saber in it?

That one is on the cover of the upcoming adventure module, not this career supplement.

PantsOptional posted:

It also has the cross guard saber FWIW.

And so it does; I was looking at the mods section, not the weapons section.

Crossguard sabers, Lightwhips, and Philaxian Phase Knives are all new saber options!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

jivjov posted:

Pistol Hilt - Have you watched Rebels? Congrats, you can now build Ezra's first saber. Stun only shots, Dam 6, Crit 3, Range Short.

Ummmm well thats going to be hilarious in a few months and explains a lot. How many hardpoints/cost and mods for it?

kingcom fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 20, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

kingcom posted:

Ummmm well thats going to be hilarious in a few months and explains a lot. How many hardpoints/cost and mods for it?

750 credits, 2 hard points required, Rarity 5, no modification options

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

jivjov posted:

750 credits, 2 hard points required, Rarity 5, no modification options

lol goddamnit ffg devs, you're still hilarious.

EDIT: Random Question: How many weapons have the concussive quality

kingcom fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 21, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

kingcom posted:

EDIT: Random Question: How many weapons have the concussive quality

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/weaponqualities/1389/

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I was talking about in Endless Vigil >.>

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
The GLX Firelance, a blaster rifle with no picture and an impenetrable description, has Disorient but that's as close as the weapons get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Are Ewoks in this game? Right now I only have the three core books, and I really want to play an Ewok Marauder.