Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, if there's a whole nation of them and they're killing lots of other people, sure. Otherwise it's probably not necessary.

Why not? After all, fascists have historically killed people all the time. Surely we should preemptively kill them first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I would believe the attack more if the graffiti said NAZI POLS gently caress OFF

oh yeah, GO BACK TO /POL/ is graffiti I'd believe.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Iron Rose posted:

Oh I doubt it. Hillary Clinton and I align in foreign policy almost perfectly. I'm an advocate for American Hegemony, which I believe is best secured through sane, considered policy that doesn't bring blowback upon us ten years down the line.

So what's wrong with the Obama Doctrine? Are you part of the Stupid poo poo Caucus? :v:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OwlFancier posted:

Is it treason if you seceded?

I'm like, 99% sure the US government did not actually see the secession as legitimate.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

A map made by someone who has never been to Santa Cruz, Pima or Apache counties.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

"Go and beat the poo poo out of fascists who are going to beat the poo poo out of other people."

The "going to" part is where you make your first mistake.
How do you know what they're gonna do in the future? How do you know when it's not just empty machisimo?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

OwlFancier posted:

Is it treason if you seceded?

Secession is treason.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

computer parts posted:

Why not? After all, fascists have historically killed people all the time. Surely we should preemptively kill them first?

Because generally they can be contained by an application of equivalent force, or ideally, a state monopoly of force.

Like just because I think violence has a place doesn't mean I want to nuclear bomb everything 24/7.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Supercar Gautier posted:

Here's how I'd break the NCGOP fundraiser situation down from a coldly strategic perspective:

PROS
-Neutralizes the incident as something for republicans to cudgel democrats with
-Generates goodwill by appealing to voters' sense of fairness
-Will make Trump look foolish, petulant, and ungracious if he keeps trying to pin the incident on Clinton

CONS
-That office can get back to doing repugnant state-level work faster

I think the pros outweigh the cons here. It's not like the GOP ground game was doing a competent job in NC to begin with; they've already been getting smoked in early voting.

None of those PROS are actually true.
-First, the Republicans are going to use it as a cudgel even if you offer them a billion dollars in restitution, because that shows you're guilty.
-Second, no one gives a flying gently caress about whether or not some random Democrats gave money to the GOP to feel good about themselves.
-Third no matter what you do Trump is going to look foolish, petulant, and ungracious. There is no upside.

Additional CONS
-Literally helping fund GOP assholery with a shiny $13k donation.
-They were going to be made whole by other sources, like insurance, anyway so you've giving them extra money.
-Seriously, you are helping bigots promote bigotry, this is a lot of cons just to show people what a dope you are.

Every time a traitor flag is destroyed an angel gets it's wings.

FuzzySlippers posted:

How much in the real vs theoretical spectrum were the 3 trump supporters about to torch some Somalis and a mosque? Where does doubling down on cops murdering minorities and keeping the DoJ out of it if Republicans win fit into that?

Months of planning, creating bombs, and emphasizing just how important it was that even the babies were shot to poo poo. A bloodbath of their own admission in service of White Nationalism and Trump.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm definitely not urging anyone to participate in donating (although if you do, I do urge you to spend at least twice as much on an actual good cause). I'm just saying that optics-wise, this is pretty effective mitigation on the Democrats' part.

Nobody sane blames Democrats for it, and there is no appeasing the insane.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Koalas March posted:

What about after they threatened to cut off my "friend of the family nose"

Please tell me when it's ok to defend myself you loving shitstain

You have the right in such a situation to blow their brains out. Also I am not being ironic. While I generally abhor racism, that is a threat to your person. Stand your ground.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

why the gently caress are people so eager to call this a false flag attack? are you guys left-wing freepers or something?

I've been getting that vibe as well. I thought it was just freep that was full of idiots, but apparently this thread is just as bad since 80% of it jumped immediately to FALSE FLAG

To be fair, Republicans in the past have very stupidly tried the false flag thing a few times, but that's not a good enough justification for brushing off this incident as yet another false flag

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KiteAuraan posted:

A map made by someone who has never been to Santa Cruz, Pima or Apache counties.

Oh yeah, you can tell from the fact that Dallas is labeled "nice stuff" that it's not an accurate map

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stacks posted:

haha this is why I loving hate democrats so much.

You'll have to be a little more specific.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Augus posted:

The "going to" part is where you make your first mistake.
How do you know what they're gonna do in the future? How do you know when it's not just empty machisimo?

If they're roving around in gangs being threatening at people I'm willing to say that's probable cause.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

OwlFancier posted:

Because generally they can be contained by an application of equivalent force, or ideally, a state monopoly of force.

You already admitted that fascists are killing people. (Preemptively) killing them is the application of equivalent force.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Like just because I think violence has a place doesn't mean I want to nuclear bomb everything 24/7.

So why don't you let the state do its job?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If the burning of a GOP office appears on your list of "Top 100 Acts of Violence in America" you're concerned about tonight then your priorities are super screwed up. And Trump supporters have regularly been engaging in violence against their opponents and "others" for a minute now so the idea that this act is what's going to be the one that legitimizes political violence is silly.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

So what's wrong with the Obama Doctrine? Are you part of the Stupid poo poo Caucus? :v:

I think the red line was one of the worst moments of his Presidency, and the lack of a Syrian no fly zone cost hundreds of thousands of lives, sparked massive hatred against the United States, and encouraged the rise of jihadist groups. I think Kerry is a hilarious failure as Secretary of State and Lavrov runs circles around him.

Other than that I don't have a lot to criticize.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

QuarkJets posted:

I've been getting that vibe as well. I thought it was just freep that was full of idiots, but apparently this thread is just as bad since 80% of it jumped immediately to FALSE FLAG

To be fair, Republicans in the past have very stupidly tried the false flag thing a few times, but that's not a good enough justification for brushing off this incident as yet another false flag

naw it's a false flag

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Neo_Crimson posted:

why the gently caress are people so eager to call this a false flag attack? are you guys left-wing freepers or something?

Are you talking about the graffiti or the firebombing?

The graffiti is just my first instinctual reaction to the scene but I could be very wrong and I'm not creating any elaborate scenarios.

The firebombing sounded like it was possibly done by Trump supporters because they hate the GOP even more than Democrats do right now, thanks to Trump's rhetoric.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

If they're roving around in gangs being threatening at people I'm willing to say that's probable cause.

Wait are we talking conservative fantasies or wannabe leftist fantasies I can't remember anymore

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!
You want to know a great thing you could do instead of donating to the NCGOP Fundraiser?

Make a donation to RAINN or Planned Parenthood or the NAACP in their name ,

You do a good thing, you recognize that the thing occurred, and that you are condemning it, so you get to cluck your tongue at what has happened, pad your cred as someone who admonishes the senseless actions, and then also NOT have given money to a bunch of fuckers who are trying to advance harmful legislation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

So why don't you let the state do its job?

The state doesn't do a very good job oftentimes.

I would much prefer it did, but it seems to be mostly staffed by people who think "well it's very important that people have the right to say "exterminate all the muslims" because that's integral to free exprfaaaaaaaaart"

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Augus posted:

I don't get the sense that you're following this conversation very well.
I am. I just remember all the other times a GOP location/ predominantly white church / totally trustworthy white moron totally swears that they were attacked by "The Blacks".

If I'm wrong about it then that would be a twist but usually rightwing targets that are attacked have an actual body count. Historically when they don't it's usually some lame attempt to energize their base to feel persecuted.

Course it's a derail and a chance for your usual suspects to poo poo all over the thread as usual. Never mind actually waiting for the enevitable report that it's self inflicted. It's still a great chance to fleece money off people.

But really donate to PP or similar organization. The money donated to them is better served.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sharkie posted:

If the burning of a GOP office appears on your list of "Top 100 Acts of Violence in America" you're concerned about tonight then your priorities are super screwed up. And Trump supporters have regularly been engaging in violence against their opponents and "others" for a minute now so the idea that this act is what's going to be the one that legitimizes political violence is silly.

Why can we not do both? We can and often do condemn violent rhetoric and violence from Trump's supporters, just like we can condemn the firebombing of a GOP campaign office.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Thought experiment: name a dumber use of cash than donating to the GOP in hopes that it'll score Clinton points at a Fox debate.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Trabisnikof posted:

Wait are we talking conservative fantasies or wannabe leftist fantasies I can't remember anymore

Five thousand pound whites are playing "the knockout game," and making hasty getaways on their Medicare scooters.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Motto posted:

Thought experiment: name a dumber use of cash than donating to the GOP in hopes that it'll score Clinton points at a Fox debate.

Donating a million+ bucks to Trump's campaign at this point in time?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

computer parts posted:

You already admitted that fascists are killing people. (Preemptively) killing them is the application of equivalent force.

Individual fascists generally don't, at least, not when contained by police/antifa.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Neo_Crimson posted:

No. We seriously have a low enough opinion of the far right to think that some crazy rear end in a top hat would do this short of thing and hope it gets blamed on 'them filthy Dems'.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

The state doesn't do a very good job oftentimes.

I would much prefer it did, but it seems to be mostly staffed by people who think "well it's very important that people have the right to say "exterminate all the muslims" because that's integral to free exprfaaaaaaaaart"

So any specific examples where the state has failed to crack down on right wing terrorists under Obama?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I think the red line was one of the worst moments of his Presidency, and the lack of a Syrian no fly zone cost hundreds of thousands of lives, sparked massive hatred against the United States, and encouraged the rise of jihadist groups. I think Kerry is a hilarious failure as Secretary of State and Lavrov runs circles around him.

Other than that I don't have a lot to criticize.

I was referencing the Obama Doctrine stated as "don't do stupid poo poo", but okay, fair enough. I have some quibbles but I rescind my remark about us being on fundamentally incompatible parts of the American imperialist spectrum. :911:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

GalacticAcid posted:

Five thousand pound whites are playing "the knockout game," and making hasty getaways on their Medicare scooters.

Lazy, white drug addicts are abusing government assistance and creating a crime wave across this country.

Oh wait...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Political violence belongs in the hands of only those responsible enough to wield it: police officers who belong to unions that back Trump and private security firms.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

Trying to swallow an equivalent amount of one dollar bills.

Edit: without a sufficient quantity of water.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

So any specific examples where the state has failed to crack down on right wing terrorists under Obama?

He's on TV a lot and has a live ferret glued to his head.

Also, they dress in blue and go around shooting black people for fun.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Motto posted:

Galaxy note 7, literally melts you into Harvey Dent

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

OwlFancier posted:

Individual fascists generally don't, at least, not when contained by police/antifa.

Oh, so all you need is a group of fascists and it's ok to kill them. Good thing they hang out in groups all the time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OwlFancier posted:

What country do you live in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I think this goddamned election has broke a few of y'alls brains. Jesus Christ, I can't wait for this to be over.

The fact that in about two years the whole presidential election cycle starts all over again fills me with loving dread. :smith:

• Locked thread