Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually it'll be funny if absolutely no major character can ever have a relationship. They're just loving doomed to be single, forever. Probably because they know that relationships always go tragically in their world. Pretty realistic imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Mia is the only major character that had a long-term relationship. :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well not that long-term...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Dead at 27, also her boyfriend hates himself and now is in prison and is blind or something.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm glad someone made this so I didn't have to. :allears:

Also, here's some Case 5 spoiler art which I'm going to assume is canon.

Honestly it'd be cold as gently caress if Apollo got left out on the family bonding at this point and I hope that they acknowledge that connection at least a bit in the next game, have Rayfa remind him Sunday dinner's at 7:00 or some poo poo.

In fact, forget Lamiroir and that dumb family situation entirely, she can't face him after 2 years with her memory back, Dhurke keeps him away for 10 because he has to fight a goddamn revolutionary war and the first thing he wants to do the moment he realizes his ticket's up is do what he couldn't do all those years and see his son. Forget the Gramaryes, the Kuh'rains are Apollo's real family. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pick posted:

Dead at 27, also her boyfriend hates himself and now is in prison and is blind or something.

I thought he died?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I thought he died?

Y'know, it was very unclear!

E: In all seriousness though, Godot's dead as gently caress and the ending of 3 with Larry's sketch of him Mia and Misty makes it pretty clear

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 17, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure he's in the slammer.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The main evidence either way is the group portrait in the ending. (AA3) Godot's on the top screen with Mia and Misty, while everyone else is on the bottom screen

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dongicus posted:

apollo and ema probably banged

I'm glad somebody had the guts to say it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly it'd be cold as gently caress if Apollo got left out on the family bonding at this point

He's getting the napkins, of course.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pick posted:

Pretty sure he's in the slammer.

they execute every guilty prisoner swiftly in the United States

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mabels big day posted:

it's not funny cause it's not a joke :smith:

edit: minus the swiftly part

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

AlphaKretin posted:

The main evidence either way is the group portrait in the ending. (AA3) Godot's on the top screen with Mia and Misty, while everyone else is on the bottom screen

Y'know, another way to interpret it is the old Diego is dead in the past and now there is only GODOT.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Godot Gobot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mabels big day posted:

Frank Sahwit is serving out a sentence and expected to be released someday in AAI2.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zaa Boogie posted:

Y'know, another way to interpret it is the old Diego is dead in the past and now there is only GODOT.

Mia's just waiting for Godot

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pick posted:

Frank Sahwit is serving out a sentence and expected to be released someday in AAI2.

That prison was corrupt as hell, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pick posted:

Pretty sure he got leniency since it wasn't a premeditated crime.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i'd imagine someone like redd white could make an appeal because of how rich/connected he is

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they killed Godot immediately because he said something mean to Franziska.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Is Ema's older sister, who was an accessory to murder, still in jail 10 years later?

Edit: also, "the death sentence for all murders ever" idea would help explain that one guy who thought that framing himself for grand larceny was a good alibi for murder.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Patter Song posted:

Is Ema's older sister, who was an accessory to murder, still in jail 10 years later?

No one knows, but Adrian got at most 6 months for mutilating a body and tampering with the crime scene, so Lana is likely free now.

More importantly though, I'm wondering why Angel Starr was not given her old job back since as far as we know, the only thing she was fired for was seeing through the real culprits.

Death Priest fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 17, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Patter Song posted:

Just a general remark about this game:

Does Capcom understand what the words "rebel," "revolutionary," and "insurgent" mean?

They do, but in true Ace Attorney fashion, it's a bloodless revolution. :downs:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Patter Song posted:

Edit: also, "the death sentence for all murders ever" idea would help explain that one guy who thought that framing himself for grand larceny was a good alibi for murder.

It wasn't grand larceny. The vase was a literally priceless object so the sentence couldn't have been that large. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ROFL Octopus posted:

It wasn't grand larceny. The vase was a literally priceless object so the sentence couldn't have been that large. :v:

Presumably getting busted for the vase theft would have lead to convictions for all of DeMasque's other thefts, which were the other kind of priceless.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

AlphaKretin posted:

Presumably getting busted for the vase theft would have lead to convictions for all of DeMasque's other thefts, which were the other kind of priceless.

Oh, forgot about that small detail :downs:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

He actually did get charged with all of the thefts, but the prosecution only focused on the one that he really didn't commit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Phoenix and Iris dated for longer than Mia and Diego.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Phoenix and Iris dated for longer than Mia and Diego.

In fairness the breakup was Dahlia induced.

I mean so was Phoenix and Iris but still! :v:

E: And it pissed Mia off enough that she made sure Dahlia hung for it and everything else she did.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I mean Larry's drawing has Diego, Mia and Misty chumming it out in the afterlife so I think it's all ok :unsmith:

(There's the small matter of Godot killing Misty through revenge by proxy but hopefully they sorted that all out)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She abandoned her two daughters because of her lovely pride, she deserved what she got.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
She can't be that pissed at Godot, given that she did ask him to murder her if she ended up threatening Maya's life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still get a little annoyed that Pearl not following people's instructions is part of why Misty died. The kid's supposed to be smarter than that.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I assumed Godot died from his medical condition rather than anything else.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Continuing case 5 now and Nayna just took the stand. Yeah, that turned out just as i expected. I didn't expect so see another extremely dumb makeover. You can just take off the baggy clothes!!!

So now that it's out i'm wondering what the motive behind all this is. I still dunno why Amara would go along with all of Ga'ran's bullshit and i don't believe that her trying to get away from Dhurke is true. So why are Inga and (probably) Dhurke dead now?
Thinking about it, i figure that she saw Inga kill Dhurke and killed him in revenge, maybe? But the times don't add up at all, since Inga was dead before we arrived at the tomb with Dhurke.
Or it could be something out of left field again that I cant know about, like her killing Inga for Ga'ran's sake (he was planning a coup after all), question still is, what's her motive for helping Ga'ran?

Leaving this here for future reference.

edit: Just before she took the stand and it was revealed, i briefly entertained the notion that Amara was constantly channeling the founder to be "Nayna", since the founder probably died as an old woman, but the actual answer was of course that anime age doesn't matter.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 17, 2016

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Dongicus posted:

apollo and ema probably banged

Ema would never cheat on me, her boyfriend

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

We all love Gumahoe but Ema is a pretty cool and likeable character so I don't mind so much. Honestly was a little scared they were dumping her when she didn't appear in DD.

Although, I feel like a problem this game has is that it sometimes bends characters to fit the role they're filling in each case. Ie, if a character is a "helper" they'll act goofier than they do if you're playing as them etc. It felt a couple times like Ema was being a bit too Gumshoe-ish in this game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember how Rayfa seemed like a serious, no-nonsense kind of character when she was introduced.

And then she's calling people "phoney baloneys" come Case 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

We all love Gumahoe but Ema is a pretty cool and likeable character so I don't mind so much. Honestly was a little scared they were dumping her when she didn't appear in DD.

Although, I feel like a problem this game has is that it sometimes bends characters to fit the role they're filling in each case. Ie, if a character is a "helper" they'll act goofier than they do if you're playing as them etc. It felt a couple times like Ema was being a bit too Gumshoe-ish in this game.

Ema genuinely likes all of the attorneys and in both cases 2 and 3 where she was heavily prominent in she had a very strong conflict of interest going where people she quite liked were on trial, if that's what you meant by Gumshoe-ish.

She definitely wasn't a bumbler in the cases or anything, though.

E: Like goddamn it's a good thing she's so much more chipper in AA6 because between helping sign an idol's death warrant, having to work to convict a good friend (who's still just a kid) and having to be the one to present the news to another good friend that his dad really is dead she gets put through the wringer so much more than AJ.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 17, 2016