Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

Doubles is the worst. So the worst.

loving grimoire score gently caress.

Doubles is the best game mode by a goddam mile; If you wanna git gud, that's the place to be. Also you get poo poo like this: http://imgur.com/a/sik83

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BattleTech posted:

Doubles is the best game mode by a goddam mile; If you wanna git gud, that's the place to be. Also you get poo poo like this: http://imgur.com/a/sik83

It's my fault for solo queuing it but I still hate it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Skeleton keys are good because I got a flayer cloak immediately after getting diddly poo poo all of year 2. And the awful darkblade helmet.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Seriously if anyone has some links to videos of strats for trials this week I'd really appreciate it. I ain't looking for lighthouse victories I just want 7 wins for some guns.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Seriously if anyone has some links to videos of strats for trials this week I'd really appreciate it. I ain't looking for lighthouse victories I just want 7 wins for some guns.

We got to 7 pretty easily. C side you push party room by heading left side and hold the area around boxes. If they push party room use grenades to time your push.

If they go A rail you can rotate into party room and use the gun hallway to escape if needed.

If you spawn a side we had good success sending 2 to A rail and one flank and gank through party room or we'd do the pick and push if they sniped from mid crates into A.

Going into the courtyard near a special and tossing lightning around was good too. I also had some success pushing down A rail to the boxes overlooking B and sniping into party room.

If you have to slow play some sweatlords try rotating to gun hallway it makes it a little easier to avoid shotguns and get picks.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
Guys quick question

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:popeye:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Well I'm down to run with either your warlock or hunter providing we get one of whatever else. When would you be cool to do some killing?

I'm awake now so whenever you want just send me a message on PSN: Phorrum.

Udenpah posted:

It was a rad raid with rad folks. DopeGhoti: very patient and tolerant of lushes.

I'd be happy to pay it forward to goons and help folks with the OP quest with either a hunter/titan.

"MAKE JOKES FOREVER GUARDIAN" - Shaxx (probably)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

I'm awake now so whenever you want just send me a message on PSN: Phorrum.

"MAKE JOKES FOREVER GUARDIAN" - Shaxx (probably)

This guy helped me clear the nightfall so I endorse him.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Skeleton keys would be nice if the guns I wanted didn't come from strikes with unique class items so the game can throw double class items at me instead of Imago Loop or Grasp. :argh:

They really just need to drop more. I'd be fine if they didn't come at mad light if they'd let us get them at all. Especially with how hard it is to even pull what you want out of the drat chests.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Imago loop is kind of pointless. I'd save em for grasps or if you get artifact gated.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got carried by two European dudes, both did jug shotty with NLB, and one of them actually ran really high strength and discharge, which I've never seen. He got a double melee kill to win a round from the collateral damage.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't think any of the strike guns are super noteworthy anyway. Malok is an interesting archetype but there's better options in that class out there. Devil's Dawn is curious for its absurd impact but there are mountains of good pve snipers out there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I don't think any of the strike guns are super noteworthy anyway. Malok is an interesting archetype but there's better options in that class out there. Devil's Dawn is curious for its absurd impact but there are mountains of good pve snipers out there.

Theres 1 better option in the class and if you didn't get one in IB youre outta luck unless you want to pray to RNGjesus for a great roll from the fwc.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

BlindSite posted:

Imago loop is kind of pointless. I'd save em for grasps or if you get artifact gated.

The RNG is too high for a good one. I lucked out with a sureshot/outlaw/smallbore/firefly that I use alot in PVE but YMMV.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Outlaw seems pretty much required for handcannons.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The items may not be that good but strike chests are one of the only ways to narrow down what slot you want a >365 in (mostly, thanks RNG).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone pulled ophidians from a chest on our raid just now. somewhere, rasheeds dick shrunk a little and now he knows why.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

I got carried by two European dudes, both did jug shotty with NLB, and one of them actually ran really high strength and discharge, which I've never seen. He got a double melee kill to win a round from the collateral damage.

Did you go to Mercury? It'd be cool as poo poo if they carried you there while running NLBs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Emron posted:

Did you go to Mercury? It'd be cool as poo poo if they carried you there while running NLBs

Yeah, they didn't always use that, they were just really good with it

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

Grasp of Autism is the best gun in that archetype if you're a sweatlord, the only guns that can compete is a well rolled FWC Waltz or maybe the IB one. Thing is stupid and way harder to get now with the Omnigul cheese being gone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Awesome! posted:

someone pulled ophidians from a chest on our raid just now. somewhere, rasheeds dick shrunk a little and now he knows why.

I got ophidians with about 60 coins into the Xur slot machine.

It ain't the best looking exotic in the world but I'm comfortable saying that my warlock is, in fact, baller.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Grasp of Autism is the best gun in that archetype if you're a sweatlord, the only guns that can compete is a well rolled FWC Waltz or maybe the IB one. Thing is stupid and way harder to get now with the Omnigul cheese being gone.

Oh oops I had it in my head that blind perdition was 4 impact too and figured that it was THE GUN everyone has to have now.

I mean it still is, but it's a different archetype.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

It ain't the best looking exotic in the world but I'm comfortable saying that my warlock is, in fact, baller.

Not with that ugly raid jacket on she ain't.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Awesome! posted:

This pleases me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Not with that ugly raid jacket on she ain't.

It's kind of grown on me, I mean it's not the best thing ever with the weird rear end gap in the front, but I don't hate it as much as I used to.

But I got options for space barbie if needed.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Just did phase 2 in one attempt with a pick up group off LFG. It included someone who had never gone past the archpriest.

Rasheed shrinks more.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
My raid team switched hosts on me after a disconnect and checkpointed me at Phase 1 when we were at Zamboni before. I was the only one running a fresh character. :negative:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

It's kind of grown on me, I mean it's not the best thing ever with the weird rear end gap in the front, but I don't hate it as much as I used to.

But I got options for space barbie if needed.

Pallas Victorious best shader :respek:

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Had a fun clear on Aksis just now, we wiped as he died, and got the quest clear but no chest. When we spawned at the checkpoint the drops were sitting down in front.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Pulled two Ophidians from the raid tonight :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Destiny Fashion: The new vendor shaders are pretty awesome, so is being able to use the level 1 class items again.

"You think they can still see us?" - Ghost (probably)

Skorri's harmony kinda ruins the stealth. (It doesn't actually ruin the stealth)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Is Bad Counsel IV a good shotgun at all, I'm leaning towards no since no one mentions it. It has full auto, hammer forge, and quickdraw.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
I miss being decent with sniper rifles, but my sidearm has saved me far too many times to count now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYGxuCjJ-Zk

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Need a titan to help out with the OP quest, don't need to have it to help out if you want to be generous. PSN: Phorrum. Also on the IRC chat.

Edit: Need a hunter too now. I'll be online all night.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 17, 2016

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Pulled two Ophidians from the raid tonight :v:

Just gift one pair to a buff gay dude. Heard he didn't get them yet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Special Weapon Conundrum: I'm finding myself in a no-man's-land, utterly unsure of what to use. My first two instincts are fusion and sniper, but those are far less viable to me for fusions being unreliable at best given the status quo for my connection quality to the game, and flinch being asinine now.

As such I am reevaluating shotguns and sidearms. Shotguns I am not a fan of and am perplexed by the new meta as it seems this is now no longer a roll for the pantheon:

Agg Balls, Rescue Mag, Rifled Barrel, Underdog

It's losing to Matador consistently. So, I have this Matador which I found some light success with in Trials with despite my shotty skills being piss at the moment. Is it good enough for now?

Smart Drift, Full Auto, Reinforced Barrel, Final Round

Should I accept the no-fun and run shotgun until the wheels fall off?

Then there's sidearms, which I'm a huge fan of but are consistently work. Trespasser doesn't interest me at all for some reason and Dreg's is a kill trade given my connection issues leaving me two options. One is the recent vendor Ironwreath:

Sureshot, Zen Moment, Hot Swap, QuickDraw

Killer roll but it feels squirrelly as hell when aiming. Then there's this, which I feel is perhaps even more godly than before given HCR:

SteadyHand, Zen Moment, Hot Swap, High Caliber Rounds

Aiming feels much tighter with the Jabberhakke, like Ironwreath's AA is so much lower that Sureshot can't nearly close the gap. But that's why I'm asking, because factors have made it so I can't just pick my weapons of choice and go.
What should I do? Go outside my comfort zone and stay competitive, if also staying salty, or carve myself a new playstyle that is comfy if dangerous?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

What should I do?

:gitgud:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kiranamos posted:

Is Bad Counsel IV a good shotgun at all, I'm leaning towards no since no one mentions it. It has full auto, hammer forge, and quickdraw.

It's too low of impact to be useful in PVP. It's ok for PVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only thing that really matters for shotguns is hitting 32 range and 68 impact. Only a few guns can do that, and once you reach those values any other perks come down to preference. If you have to choose, go for 32 range over 68 impact.

Sidearms, who the gently caress knows/cares. Wave gun towards enemy and give yourself RSI trying to mash the trigger fast enough. You'll probably wreck some dudes and die some bullshit deaths, life goes on.

• Locked thread