Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

That costume could've saved Christopher Reeve's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

TheChaosPath posted:

Especially considering that if McPantserson is willing to spend a year and a day building a robot suit, they should be willing to spend a year and a day not eating sugar

She, and do not use me as an excuse to shame people for having a hobby with the body that they have.

E. I'm a way faster builder than that as well, and I will consume as much or as little garbage as I want while I do it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Pull Up Thread! Pull Up!

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

(/\This is RIck Boer, he also did a really great Venom Snake cosplay)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Nice Varys :kimchi:

Edit
Also, those Vader and Harley armors are legit awesome! Anybody have any more of those ''character-themed'' WH-type armors?

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Oct 17, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:allears: I love Hammy Hams cosplay. :allears:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Love the tiny t-rex arms on them hams.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BgRdMchne posted:

What should I go as for halloween as a short, skinny-fat, bald man this year?

As a fat dude I've been thinking of making a Monarch Henchman/Fluttering Horde outfit. They're even canonically all out of shape!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Blackchamber posted:

Love the tiny t-rex arms on them hams.

lol if your arms aren't 3/4ths pauldron

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hard counter posted:

lol if your arms aren't 3/4ths pauldron

With a short enough lens and a huge loving ladder, this could appear correct.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

ro5s posted:

It looks like an Irish Wolfhound, so very.

efb

These guys were originally bred to fight poo poo like lions and bears and to knock people off horses during war, badass.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God drat the vader one looks like the saber isn't even supposed to BE a lightsaber, just a red club he beats the gently caress out of peopleheretics with.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

THE HERETICAL JEDI CULT WILL BE PURGED IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR PALPATINE

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nordick posted:

THE HERETICAL JEDI CULT WILL BE PURGED IN THE NAME OF THE GOD-EMPEROR PALPATINE
Fantastic cosplay from a paper page.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm the AT-ST Dreadnought.

Wait, wrong Warham thread.

\/\/\/It's cool. Just joking. I'm a sucker for ridiculously over the top warhams, too.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Oct 17, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I know, not cosplay, I just figured it was relevant to the 40k Vader costume and a cool-rear end picture so no harm in posting it, right? :shrug:

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

I see no harm. If anything, it'll hopefully inspire a crafty goon, and maybe we'll see another pic of the real thing in a year or however long it takes to make one of those huge monstrosities.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm waiting for someone to make this Hulkbuster R2D2:

In the meantime here's these:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pfft, a non-robot cosplaying as Bender. :rolleyes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

are those jojos?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Jojo is love, Jojo is life.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

You could throw those into a fashion mag and no-one would be the wiser. All it's missing are the bits of text identifying the designer (and the impossible price points).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8MzQFS7yo

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Nailed it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

You could throw those into a fashion mag and no-one would be the wiser. All it's missing are the bits of text identifying the designer (and the impossible price points).

Araki is a weird guy, Jojo-dachi (what they call those iconic poses) are basically ripped straight from the Italian fashion scene from when he was younger and made a trip to Italy. As for the outfits, well, that's all him. Those pictures are actually from an art exhibit celebrating the opening of a new Sheseido building (a Japanese beauty product manufacturer).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I also tried to make a shiny silver costume when I was a kid by unloading 6 cans of silver spraypaint onto black fabric. Not only did it turn out a lovely dull grey just like this but it rubbed off on every surface I brushed against.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Hooooooooooly poo poo!

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

poptart_fairy posted:

I think you're projecting a little bit there, buddy. People designing and wearing costumes designed for their body type is not the same as laughing at someone for being fat/skinny/runty/roided up, etc. You don't plonk someone who's 5'2 and 60lbs into a store bought Batman costume and not expect it to look goofy.

Phimosissy posted:

I mean, sure, but if you are at all referring to me, I don't much care about people's bodies or clothing but was merely discussing whether their cosplay was "good" or not. It's an art. People are not immune to criticism of their art because of a cultural bugaboo about their body size or whatever.

If a midget wanted to high jump or a 400lb woman wanted to be a trapeze aerialist or a three-fingered man wanted to play concert piano, well, it would be fair to judge their craft as bad (if it was) and fair to point out why without making a judgement about them as a person.

Obviously it's fine to critique *anyone's* cosplay from a technical standpoint, say "this doesn't fit you properly" or whatever. What I'm taking issue with is the concept (which has been restated more than once in the past couple of pages) that you should pick a cosplay that is quote-unquote "appropriate" for your body type. Anyone should feel free to dress up as whoever they want regardless of their size, gender, race, etc. Sure, a bigger person should make sure that their costume fits them well, but if they want to dress up as Tifa or Quiet or whatever, more fuckin' power to them! It's not anyone else's business to say "I don't like the way you look in that costume" purely because of their body type.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Patattack posted:

Obviously it's fine to critique *anyone's* cosplay from a technical standpoint, say "this doesn't fit you properly" or whatever. What I'm taking issue with is the concept (which has been restated more than once in the past couple of pages) that you should pick a cosplay that is quote-unquote "appropriate" for your body type. Anyone should feel free to dress up as whoever they want regardless of their size, gender, race, etc. Sure, a bigger person should make sure that their costume fits them well, but if they want to dress up as Tifa or Quiet or whatever, more fuckin' power to them! It's not anyone else's business to say "I don't like the way you look in that costume" purely because of their body type.

Completely agree. 99% of the time nobody's paying me to do this poo poo, I don't owe anybody anything. I'm not sure why I got dragged into this by name because I don't cosplay to body type basically ever (which is good because I'm a pretty chubby lady), I pick whatever the gently caress I want and make it.

But you know. Here's a costume that I am in loving love with by RedRock Cosplay And Props. This thing is just indescribably insane.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Completely agree. 99% of the time nobody's paying me to do this poo poo, I don't owe anybody anything. I'm not sure why I got dragged into this by name because I don't cosplay to body type basically ever (which is good because I'm a pretty chubby lady), I pick whatever the gently caress I want and make it.

But you know. Here's a costume that I am in loving love with by RedRock Cosplay And Props. This thing is just indescribably insane.

If that's the same one I am thinking it is, the visor is fully articulated.

Let's see if this works...

https://www.facebook.com/MartinWongPhoto/videos/10157556440840032/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Reminder that pilerud cosplay still has the greatest spess mahreen costume ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxiuZGLbKsw

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Oct 17, 2016

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

McPantserton posted:

This is the first time I've seen a huge bulky costume in this thread and immediately reacted with I WANNA WEAR IT OH GEEZ PLEASE

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Mezzanine posted:

Edit
Also, those Vader and Harley armors are legit awesome! Anybody have any more of those ''character-themed'' WH-type armors?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Arcsquad12 posted:

Reminder that pilerud cosplay still has the greatest spess mahreen costume ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxiuZGLbKsw

0/10, can see the elbows.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Thank god she's holding up that pillar!

Stay strong cosplay lady!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

LingcodKilla posted:

Thank god she's holding up that pillar!

Stay strong cosplay lady!

What is that cosplay other than "My costume is held together with tape and prayer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Glagha posted:

What is that cosplay other than "My costume is held together with tape and prayer"

Birdy Cephon from Birdy the Mighty: Decode. Believe it or not, despite initial appearances it's actually a really good Sci-Fi series.

• Locked thread