Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

QuarkJets posted:

Pretty sure he fucks an Irish woman in the Irish episode

"Get these drunk Irish and their whore women off my ship!" -- Capt Jean Luc Picard
Are you saying THAT'S why Beverly was gone for Season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

That time Troi gets impregnated by a space dandelion seed and all the men argue over what should be done about it while she just kinda sits there silently fuming

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

What about the one where the go to the Black Planet where everyone has spears and loin cloths?

Nah that one was cool

lol just kidding Star Trek is trash television

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

What about the one where the go to the Black Planet where everyone has spears and loin cloths?

lol season 1 TNG doesn't exist and you know it

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ah I feel slightly better for not remembering the title.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Star trek is bad

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Worf, having shown no sign of being spiritual or religious throughout the entire series, suddenly needs to go on a spiritual journey and meets Klingon Jesus -- An actually accurate synopsis of a TNG episode

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Ah but what about the time Paris and Janeway went faster than infinity, de-evolved into lizards, and hosed?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
DS9 best Star trek.

If you ignore the dumb boring Bajorans.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Lol. The only way this could be more stereotypically Klan is if they burned a loving cross instead.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

freckle posted:

DS9 best Star trek.

If you ignore the dumb boring Bajorans.

Cardassia did nothing wrong.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Bajorans are pretty poo poo, there were way too many episodes featuring their bullshit space religion and way too few episodes with Cardassian spycraft mind-loving everyone

At least Quark was cool just because it was like the show writers said "what if we basically go whole hog on the libertarianism angle and show how supremely stupid and abhorrent libertarianism is"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Lol. The only way this could be more stereotypically Klan is if they burned a loving cross instead.

hopefully this time they remember to take it out of the campaign office first

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Which episodes were your favorite? My favorite was the one where the doctor has sex with a 500 year-old ghost who lives in a candle.

Hi yeah I didn't understand this episode. Beverly didn't have a daughter, what was the ghost's survival plan after she died.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Honestly I wouldn't have been too mad if the Federation went "you know what gently caress these dumb people" and let the Cardassians roll back into Bajora, maybe firebombing a few Bajoran field offices on their way out of the system just for laughs

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Hi yeah I didn't understand this episode. Beverly didn't have a daughter, what was the ghost's survival plan after she died.
Seduce Wesley? Nag Wesley into getting some daughters on?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

hopefully this time they remember to take it out of the campaign office first

It's secret testing for the new Trump yard sign.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Dude don't ask those kinds of questions, Star Trek isn't about having a consistent plot or keeping the details of your world straight, it's about paying people to write the shallowest poo poo possible while maintaining enough of a veneer of intellectualism to draw in the large fraction of the nerd population who think they're much smarter than they actually are.

e: Maybe the ghost impregnates her and then bangs the offspring. Didn't think of that did ya smart guy?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nessus posted:

Seduce Wesley? Nag Wesley into getting some daughters on?

But he already ascended to another plane of existence by then, how is she going to get him on the phone to badger him about granddaughters.

Even if that's the plan, he'd have to figure Wesley would just get bored with being a creepy god and show up unannounced one day in a Starfleet uniform like nothing ever happened.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

QuarkJets posted:

Dude don't ask those kinds of questions, Star Trek isn't about having a consistent plot or keeping the details of your world straight, it's about paying people to write the shallowest poo poo possible while maintaining enough of a veneer of intellectualism to draw in the large fraction of the nerd population who think they're much smarter than they actually are.

I am actually a genius (which is why I know B5 is better than Trek)

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

TNG is for chumps, Stargate SG1 is where it's at.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

e: Maybe the ghost impregnates her and then bangs the offspring. Didn't think of that did ya smart guy?
So it's like the Democratic Party.

Which one's the Republicans?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flowers For Algeria posted:

TNG is for chumps, Stargate SG1 is where it's at.

Stargate Universe got really loving good before Syfy murdered it :smith:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nessus posted:

So it's like the Democratic Party.

Which one's the Republicans?

Republicans are the ferengi obviously

Trump Deplorables are the cardassians

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

What should I watch to reassure myself that I actually am as smart as I think I am.

MSNBC?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Best episode is the one where he gets his mind taken over by a probe that makes him live out the memories of a long dead guy from a dying planet. I saw a rerun of that when I was like 5 and I still think about it sometimes.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/787748100324503552

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So Assange probably lost his internet because he's a gross wannabe kiddie diddler

Corny posted:

https://twitter.com/SandraEckersley/status/787918450547044354

so uh guess we know what julian assange has been up to :wow:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/787814223720120320
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/787648499496128516
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/787672780296814592
https://twitter.com/sissenberg/status/787653948832354305
https://twitter.com/joshuadarr/status/787654420498485249
https://twitter.com/andeehannah/status/787786356898410496
https://twitter.com/byjoelanderson/status/787791324602773505
https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/787796169154002944
https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/787753718124978177
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/787790558190329856
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/787789720340144128
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/787755182792794112

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

What should I watch to reassure myself that I actually am as smart as I think I am.

MSNBC?

No, you listen to NPR. You sit there and you listen to old reruns of Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion and you donate during their pledge drives and you wear that loving tote bag like a badge of honor, as it is your verification to the rest of the world that "yes, I am an intellectual"

And then for further assurance you use your iPhone (holy poo poo you better not have an Android) and you search for "famous quotes" in google and then when you find some cool smart sounding ones you post one of them to twitter every day for a month. That lets everyone know that you're a serious intellectual. Look at this guy; he quoted Payne and Gandhi on two subsequent days! What a genius

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ghetto Prince posted:

Best episode is the one where he gets his mind taken over by a probe that makes him live out the memories of a long dead guy from a dying planet. I saw a rerun of that when I was like 5 and I still think about it sometimes.

And then from then on they make callbacks to the fact that he plays the flute now. That was a legit cool episode and a cool persistent detail of the world, which makes me think that it wasn't the writing staff responsible but like the janitor coming in after hours and editing the scripts himself to include that level of persistence

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The firebombing in North Carolina can't be divorced from the context where it happened. Arson was one of many weapons used to enforce white supremacy in the South, especially against a business or property combined with further threat against the person if they didn't leave town. These are literally some of the KKK's favorite tactics, just used against someone other than their usual targets. The only difference is that they never bothered with expository graffiti because it was deadly clear what they wanted.

So when a building gets firebombed complete with a "We don't want your kind around these parts" message, yeah it's possible that some random leftist managed to get the tactics pitch-perfect except for that little bit where it's the emptiest threat in human history. The whole point of it is to prove that local law enforcement lets you operate with impunity and nobody is going to believe that in this case. It's also possible that some right wing nitwit decided to use the tactics they learned from hanging out with a bunch of older people tied up with white supremacist groups to launch their own false flag operation.

the problem with this analysis is orange county is the most liberal place in the south

it's politically similar to vermont or massachussetts

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Who the gently caress would go to an Amy Schumer show and expect to hear positive opinions about Trump?

Very stupid people...so yeah, Trump supporters

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The episode where Riker has a forbidden romance with an androgynous alien who's obviously played by a female, thus losing all the impact of the point about gay tolerance that it was supposedly making.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

the problem with this analysis is orange county is the most liberal place in the south

it's politically similar to vermont or massachussetts

Even the most liberal places in the south still have plenty of conservatives who have lived there for decades and are resentful of newcomers invading what they see as their rightful territory. They want to paint liberal Orange county as the exact same as Jim Crow except aimed at people like them and this is exactly what you'd end up with.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I've been without contact with the outside world for about two days, someone catch me up?

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

The episode where Riker has a forbidden romance with an androgynous alien who's obviously played by a female, thus losing all the impact of the point about gay tolerance that it was supposedly making.

remember that the actor was like poo poo YEAH, CAST A DUDE, I'LL USE TONGUE ON HIM LET'S GET QUEER AS FUUUUUUUUUCK for that ep but the writers/producers chickened out

jonathan frakes kinda owned

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Magres posted:

I've been without contact with the outside world for about two days, someone catch me up?

Just go back into hiding.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

jonathan frakes kinda owned

Wait, is Frakes dead? Google says no. Did he do something to lose his ownage status? Cause Riker's open-door, equal opportunity boning policy was one of the coolest things about TNG. Dude was down for anything, with anyone, at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Magres posted:

What is your opinion on whether or not the GOP is 100% white supremacists?

• Locked thread