Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Stelas posted:

Kinda flash gamey. Low on plot, high on grind, high on little button-pressing minigames to get the best benefit for your skills, but pretty cute overall. The online component is probably already dead. There's a fairly good demo iirc.

Sounds like not for me then.

Here's what I'm gonna pick up:

Tearaway
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
FFT: WotL
WDIDTDT my lord 2

Tactics Ogre looks great but I think I'm gonna hold off for now, maybe wait for it to go on sale. It's probably better than WotL but I need to scratch that nostalgia itch for now. Thanks for the recommendations, Vita thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
World of Final Fantasy demo's out on PAL PSN networks now, should be NA within ten hours.

However, Not compatible with PlayStationŽTV.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ceramics posted:

Buy Dragon Quest Builders you fucks. It's so good.

I have it on PS4, but I'm wondering: how is it on the Vita? I remember hearing some minor complaints on the demo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

As someone who loved FFTA and Ogre Battle 64 I really have no excuse for not playing Tactics Ogre now that I have a device capable of it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

go play tactics ogre, it's a very good game

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Picked up prinny on sale. PSP apparently had a bunch of really good games. Shame that Sony couldn't keep it up with the PSP2.
With luck they'll turn it around with the PSP3.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

leper khan posted:

Hope you like Android Phones... :(

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

minusX posted:

Hope you like Android Phones... :(

And streaming game services.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

leper khan posted:

Picked up prinny on sale. PSP apparently had a bunch of really good games. Shame that Sony couldn't keep it up with the PSP2.

lol

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MrLonghair posted:

World of Final Fantasy demo's out on PAL PSN networks now, should be NA within ten hours.

However, Not compatible with PlayStationŽTV.

Not up until Friday for some reason.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Good news for fans of the best dead system: Atelier Shallie Plus is coming West in January. There will be a physical release -- LE in the US, LE and standard physical release in Europe!

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/atelier-shallie-plus-coming-west-january

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't cope, no more games in Jan/Feb please

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
With that schedule Sony can take their sweet time replacing my fried PS4, Trails of Cold Steel is too good to be true and after that I have the sequel.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Too bad, my vita's battery seems to be no good, after less than an hour of using it, I get the notice to recharge it.
Is there a way to fix it beside buying another on or not playing at all?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

today i bought some compressed air and tried to remedy the issue with my left stick ghost-pressing up. now it only does it a third as much. my stupid anime handheld will live forever.

I'm struggling with this too, it's annoying as hell. Had the same problem with my PSP a while ago. These loving analog sticks man.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ryoji posted:

Too bad, my vita's battery seems to be no good, after less than an hour of using it, I get the notice to recharge it.
Is there a way to fix it beside buying another on or not playing at all?

Charge it to full and let it drain a few times, if it's still no good, you need a new one.

Also, RIP vita, nintendo now (finally) has a better screen.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Charge it to full and let it drain a few times, if it's still no good, you need a new one.

Also, RIP vita, nintendo now (finally) has a better screen.

Yeah, now I'm not feeling bad at all about the Vita death. The most high powered portable ever is coming out, probably unopposed to take over all the hunting games. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a new monster hunter on the first year of release. It basically kills all the complaints about MH only coming out on weak portables and the lack of console versions.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
But where will all the anime games go

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They are going to switch consoles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They're going to Steam and phones, actually.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ps4, mobile, the void as midsize publishers and developers evaporate

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
If I had to guess, (assuming it sells) the anime games will probably hop to the Switch if they even stick on a console since the smaller Japanese developers still haven't really caught up to the PS3 graphics level.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its the switch or phones at this point

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There's plenty of garbage on Steam and even PSN now so who knows, maybe all the anime will land on the PS4.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

or ps4. most jrpg are ps4/vita now, they could just drop the vita part. falcom already said they're not sure if they're gonna do a vita version of CS3

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

could this herald the triumphant return of the flight simulator

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

for real i think either the switch will succeed, and we'll see them there, or it'll bomb and they'll put out a 3ds successor and we'll see them there

along with some ps4 presence too. hell almost all these games could probably run on both the switch and ps4

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 21, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

or ps4. most jrpg are ps4/vita now, they could just drop the vita part. falcom already said they're not sure if they're gonna do a vita version of CS3

That would suck pretty hard for Vita owners but honestly the Vita ports have been getting genuinely worse for a while. There are several I've played recently where the portability it outstripped by the insane loading time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wonder whether the Switch has potential as an emulator box though

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Well yeah, at $3-9 per game.

in two years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish they would drop the PS4/Vita thing since all it usually means is the Vita version runs like crap and the PS4 version looks like an upscaled Vita game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish they would drop the PS4/Vita thing since all it usually means is the Vita version runs like crap and the PS4 version looks like an upscaled Vita game.

tbf in a lot of these case im not sure the vita version is really the limiting factor on the ps4 version, more the dev capabilities. i dont think falcom is suddenly putting out modern graphics if they ditch the vita

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also the PS4 still not being a relevant platform in Japan, unless sales increased by more than 100,000% this month, means you're even more limiting your customer base.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Isn't the PS4 now doing really well in Japan?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it finally surpassed the wii u just last month

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
With a two year difference between their releases.

And then there's the Bone.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Isn't the PS4 now doing really well in Japan?

For a console it is.

I just doubt Switch will get all the creepy poo poo and the anime poo poo and the creepy anime poo poo, especially if it foregoes touch. And then we'll see if they stick to their idea of how a game should be localized for the west. And then batterylife. And then if we're actually going to get a Vita2 with the advances in battery tech that have come since the Vita was finalized.

e: batterylife claimed sub-Vita but we'll see about that when retail units come, touch-screen is for system functions such as menus and painting only, games have to be fully playable while docked so maybe optional.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 21, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
All the creepgames will migrate to PS4 Asian English.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

All the creepgames will migrate to PS4 Asian English.

PSVR will get them after Sony drops support early 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Most anime creep games stopped using the touchscreen I think.