Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Really wish there was an option to filter out certain maps, cause if there was such an option there would be several maps I'd never play again, Lijang Tower being one of them, if only because the second part of the map is complete horse crap to play(part one is one of my favorites and part three is okay), honestly at least half of the maps in this game would be improved if at least one part of them was excised

Also I'm really starting to hate Zarya, because she's pretty much the one hero in the game that when played by someone competent that I can't effectively counter at all with any hero, at least not without either burning through an Ultimate or having several teammates focus fire on her(this is made all the worse as she's literally the one hero I'm incapable of playing with any competence, as I am completely incapable of comprehending her mechanics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Lijang Tower being one of them, if only because the second part of the map is complete horse crap to play(part one is one of my favorites and part three is okay)

KOTH map sets like Lijiang Tower are played in random order.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Zarya will only win 1v1s when she's all juiced up. Just don't fire at her when she is shielded as you will turn her into a monster. Of course, sometimes it makes sense to burn through her shield and kill her before she can make use of the damage.

Reaper can just straight up burn through her shield and health with no worries.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

KOTH map sets like Lijiang Tower are played in random order.

Well then whichever of the three that has the capture point in that large temple like building

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Zarya will only win 1v1s when she's all juiced up. Just don't fire at her when she is shielded as you will turn her into a monster. Of course, sometimes it makes sense to burn through her shield and kill her before she can make use of the damage.

Reaper can just straight up burn through her shield and health with no worries.

That wasn't how it went for me, could barely scratch her as Reaper in a 1v1 situation

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

That wasn't how it went for me, could barely scratch her as Reaper in a 1v1 situation

You are doing something wrong then. Reaper should melt every tank, including Zarya.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Andrast posted:

You are doing something wrong then. Reaper should melt every tank, including Zarya.

I'm shooting her point blank and it still does barely anything, although to be honest I'm meh at best with any Offense character besides Genji(and I'm barely average with him), except McCree who I'm completely terrible with, which is odd cause I'm pretty decent with pretty much all Defense characters, and all Tanks except Zarya and to a lesser degree Reinhardt, and all Supports besides Mercy and Symmetra

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

pretty sure he meant just for the event. that's what tf2 does

but yea I'd be surprised if it weren't volskaya with legendary skins for mei and zarya

Santa Reaper is a must....

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Must have been missing or only partially hitting your shots. If I'm Zarya and a Reaper gets up in my grill I'm toast unless I have charge and my barrier is off cooldown and I can juke a couple of his shots.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

Santa Reaper is a must....

Only if it turns his ult callout into "HO! HO! HO!"

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Christmas legendaries will probably only be for characters who haven't had any seasonal legendaries yet. So probably not Reaper or Zarya.

Mei and Winston are the only ones who haven't had any seasonal skins whatsoever, so they'll most definitely get something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Usually what determines if I win a 1 v 1 while playing Zarya is whether or not I can drop them before I reload and if I'm going to get shield during the fight.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Mei and Winston are the only ones who haven't had any seasonal skins whatsoever, so they'll most definitely get something.
I would be highly surprised if the cold-themed heroine didn't have some sort of legendarywinter/holiday skin.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Mei hasn't even been in a comic, has she? I'd be pretty surprised if she didn't get an animated short or something as well.

Gimnbo posted:

We're going to find out that Genji's actually Jewish.

Genji's "Merry Chrismasu" line was found by data miners. He could be saying it ironically, of course. Tracer didn't get a Halloween skin, so there's no way she won't be an elf. Winston will be Santa Claus.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Pyzza Rouge posted:

Mei hasn't even been in a comic, has she? I'd be pretty surprised if she didn't get an animated short or something as well.

Genji's "Merry Chrismasu" line was found by data miners. He could be saying it ironically, of course. Tracer didn't get a Halloween skin, so there's no way she won't be an elf. Winston will be Santa Claus.

Santa Torbjörn

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Santa Reinhardt, because Reinhardt gets every good skin

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Goodfeila posted:

Santa Torbjörn

Elf TorBjorn to Roadhog Santa

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm not super upset or anything, it can just be a little frustrating when you lose because the 3 Hanzos on your team didn't feel like running onto the point to stall or reset the overtime clock or anything.

Quick Play is a safe haven from meta W/L SR loss anxiety where a man can live out his legolas ninja samurai sniper fantasy 10 miles from the cap point, fully pants down with junk flapping in the breeze.

Last 2 players to pick automatically volunteer for tank and healer role but because its QP, they will probably genzo hanji too. No fucks given, just gold medal elims all day.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Santa Reinhardt, because Reinhardt gets every good skin

Coldhardt, best hardt :colbert:.

Except for maybe the Eichenwald Castle skins. And the Lionhardt.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Pyzza Rouge posted:

Tracer didn't get a Halloween skin, so there's no way she won't be an elf.

There are a bunch of characters who are due for their first seasonal legendary before Tracer gets her second. Torb and D.Va are likelier candidates for elf skins.

I think it'd be fun for someone to get a Christmas sweater skin. "Casual clothes" skins are the number one silly thing I think is missing from the game right now.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 17, 2016

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I also want some hero(es) to just have a skin that's basically your everyday guy/gal in the midst of all this craziness. Like just give me a soldier 76 without any mask, scar or anything and just put him in jeans and a t-shirt. It would be kind of funny in contrast to all the robots and scientist monkeys flying around.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Kehveli posted:

I also want some hero(es) to just have a skin that's basically your everyday guy/gal in the midst of all this craziness. Like just give me a soldier 76 without any mask, scar or anything and just put him in jeans and a t-shirt. It would be kind of funny in contrast to all the robots and scientist monkeys flying around.

The Serious Sam skin

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kehveli posted:

Only if D.Va's uses a cardboard MEKA.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Really wish there was an option to filter out certain maps, cause if there was such an option there would be several maps I'd never play again, Lijang Tower being one of them, if only because the second part of the map is complete horse crap to play(part one is one of my favorites and part three is okay), honestly at least half of the maps in this game would be improved if at least one part of them was excised

Also I'm really starting to hate Zarya, because she's pretty much the one hero in the game that when played by someone competent that I can't effectively counter at all with any hero, at least not without either burning through an Ultimate or having several teammates focus fire on her(this is made all the worse as she's literally the one hero I'm incapable of playing with any competence, as I am completely incapable of comprehending her mechanics)

KotH maps are great fun. 2CP maps are complete butt.

Also Reaper counters Zarya within a certain range. Unless she has 60+ charge there is no way she will win against a Reaper if the Reaper is within 5ish meters. Just shoot her, reload when she pops barrier and shoot her again when it drops.

I met my first legit aimbotter last night. He was on our team, picked Soldier and said he was "elo boosting" the people he had grouped with. Enemy team started calling out his aimbot pretty quickly and since he got PotG we all got to see it in action. It was ridiculously obvious that he was botting with the crosshair being like a magnet on every enemy. Unsurprisingly, he was a complete rear end in voicechat too.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Only if D.Va's uses a cardboard MEKA.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Foxhound posted:

I met my first legit aimbotter last night. He was on our team, picked Soldier and said he was "elo boosting" the people he had grouped with. Enemy team started calling out his aimbot pretty quickly and since he got PotG we all got to see it in action. It was ridiculously obvious that he was botting with the crosshair being like a magnet on every enemy. Unsurprisingly, he was a complete rear end in voicechat too.

Or he was pro-player slumming down with you to Elo-boost mates, like he claimed?

Sufficiently advanced Pro-player is indistinguishable from magic aimbot and all that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, forget all other new skin ideas. Once more, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things shows the way :allears:.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

adhuin posted:

Or he was pro-player slumming down with you to Elo-boost mates, like he claimed?

Sufficiently advanced Pro-player is indistinguishable from magic aimbot and all that.

No I've seen plenty of pro players with amazing tracking and it looks nothing like an actual aimbot. The reticule follows the enemy's center of mass perfectly.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
My guesses are Mei as Ms.Claus, Soldier:76 as Santa Claus (with the required "HoHoHo, now I have a machinegun!" voice line), Torbjorn as an elf, Winston as the Abominable Snowman, McCree as the Nutcracker, Bastion as a real christmas tree, Symmetra as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Roadhog as the Mouse King, Junkrat as Jack Frost, Reinhardt as the Toymaker.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Doctor Junkenferter :getin:

Seriously I'd love a Rocky Horror Themed skin

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

sugar plum fairy roadhog or nothing

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Looke posted:

sugar plum fairy roadhog or nothing

Hey man I wanted Pirate Ana, Helsing McCree, Viking Torb and Admiral Reinhardt but we don't always get what we want :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

No, give everyone a cheap mall Santa skin. Everyone is bad Santa.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

No, give everyone a cheap mall Santa skin. Everyone is bad Santa.

Well you could have the following

Bastion: Robot Santa (from futurama)
Zenyatta: a snow cloud
McCree: Nothing
Mei: Mrs Santa skin with jingle bells instead of footsteps
Lucio: Ice Skates instead of roller blades
Mercy: Sexy Mrs Santa skin
Tracer: naughty little girl skin
D'Va: nice little girl skin
Soldier: nothing
Junkrat: nothing
Roadhog: Santa skin
Reaper: santa skin HoHoHo instead of Die DIe Die
Rein: Misseltoe on a wire over his head
WindoMaker: Nothing
TolBjörn: Elf skin
Genji: nothing
Hanzo: nothing

Map: Hybrid map Kings row and the payload is now a sleigh with Robot Reindeer

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Was there ever any easter egg found with the glowing eyed ravens in the brawl?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think the easter egg is you shoot them and they explode into a cloud of feathers

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I meant by bad Santa that everyone has a lovely and ill-fitting beard and s76 has a whiskey chug straight from the bottle emote. D.va's mech has a dumb beard strapped on to it, and torb just has a beard on top of his beard. And they're not just lovely beards. They're those ones that hang like 6 inches too low and have nicotine stains.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Zarya needs the Snegurochka skin for Christmas. They could use her winter coat legendary as a base. The hat needs to be replaced with her crown and the coat can be blue and white.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Coldhardt, best hardt :colbert:.

Except for maybe the Eichenwald Castle skins. And the Lionhardt.

Axe is much cooler than hammer, though. I wish they'd expand the mix-and-match weapons-skin-and-body-skin tech so I could swing an axe as coldhardt or griefhardt.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Idia posted:

Zarya needs the Snegurochka skin for Christmas. They could use her winter coat legendary as a base. The hat needs to be replaced with her crown and the coat can be blue and white.

Who gets to be Krampus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

FaustianQ posted:

My guesses are Mei as Ms.Claus, Soldier:76 as Santa Claus (with the required "HoHoHo, now I have a machinegun!" voice line), Torbjorn as an elf, Winston as the Abominable Snowman, McCree as the Nutcracker, Bastion as a real christmas tree, Symmetra as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Roadhog as the Mouse King, Junkrat as Jack Frost, Reinhardt as the Toymaker.

Oh god, I want Bastion to transform into a christmas tree in sentry mode with his chaingun sticking out like normal. Especially if there are christmas lights.