Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jeep posted:

Speaking of super depressing r/relationships, is it possible to get a cache of posts on reddit?

There is a brutal post (https://m.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4nj9ni/i_34m_am_a_recovering_alcoholic_who_has_been/4nj9ni) where a dude throws up in his nephew's coffin and I feel like it hasn't ever been posted in one of these topics, but the original post was deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

DOMDOM posted:

I am a terrible person who did a very lovely thing and now I feel bad, how do I stop feeling bad?

Me [30s F] with my husband [45 F] of 7 years, husband sacrificing my morals to get ahead

She was a little cryptic, how bad could it have been? Luckily she elaborated in the comments

What the gently caress lady, this is some evil, and illegal, poo poo.

This is basically just Shakespeare does The Office.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

That sucks the guy has tried his best to make amends but won't ever be able to fix that. My sister disowned my father several years ago because he was an alcoholic and bipolar rear end in a top hat, and even though he's much better now and medicated, she'll have nothing to do with him. He's on the path of death very soon, due to his still alcoholism, even though he's medicated and everything.

It sucks when he asks if she's changed her number or asks for general stuff about her life with a real vested interest and I can't basically tell him "you really hosed up in her eyes and you'll never speak to her again" and I'm sure when he dies she won't attend his funeral. I don't hold it against her or blame her at all.

It's a lovely thing. My mom is an alcoholic but has been sober for 13+ years now and I'm sure still suffers guilt from being a lovely parent to my sister and me when we were growing up.

It's brutal. Is what I'm saying. RIP that guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I gotta wonder what this guy is expecting to hear from Reddit or why he wrote the post at all

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Will farts cheer you up? Because farts are destroying several relationships.

I am sad that the ages on #1 and #2 don't quite line up. I want to believe :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Straight White Shark posted:

I am sad that the ages on #1 and #2 don't quite line up. I want to believe :(

They It's possible they got married over the course of a few months that closed the age gap. Now I kind of want to see if I can find two people complaining about each other anonymously.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

my gf said i needed to sleep on the couch because i fart too much in my sleep and wakes her up

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carrion Luggage posted:

my gf said i needed to sleep on the couch because i fart too much in my sleep and wakes her up

What the hell thats bullshit, you have to wake up to fart. Maybe she's farting. :shrug:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

And nothing, that's probably just how she got to that age with that attitude. She has a secret inferiority complex because deep down she knows she can't do anything on her own.

quote:

My [25 M] wife [25 F] of 4 years gets angry whenever I fart. (This is a relatively light post.)

light my rear end and loving :sever:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

lmao that guy was metal as hell

My [21F] brother [20M] is disgusting and I'm afraid to be in my own home.

quote:

For starters, yes, I'm still loving at home. My family has 3 cars between us- my dad's truck, mom's sedan, and mom's old car (that my brother and I share). Between my brother and I, my mom's old car gets a lot of use during the week (He's a pizza delivery driver but we both pay for gas separately as we take the car out).
Today being the 'holiday' that it was, my brother the stoner made it clear that his intentions were to be with his friends and veg out all day. So before I left for work, I offered him a ride to wherever he wanted to go so that I could use the car. He quickly got defensive and said I couldn't use "his" car. Fine, whatever. I went to ask my mother if I could borrow her car because my brother had plans. She had needed to go shopping in anticipation of a trip she's leaving for tomorrow, so she shouted me down and insisted I take her old car. Assuming my brother would fall in line and figure out his ride situation, I left for work without a second thought.
I got home a few hours ago and of course I immediately head to bed after a long day. I go to sit and notice my bed was damp. At first I thought I might have left a wet towel on my bed by mistake, or that my dog had drooled there in my absence. But the smell was unmistakable - someone had pissed in my bed. I immediately jumped out and ran to tell my dad. We stripped back the sheets to find it was all over the mattress.
My dad went to wake up and confront my brother. Of course, he denies it and tried to blame our (housebroken) dog with a poo poo - eating grin. Finally he broke down and admitted it was in response to my taking "his" car, even after he was offerred rides from my parents as well.
I honestly don't know what to think right now. I made him wash my sheets and my parents made him load up my mattress in the trunk to throw it out and are going to make him buy me a new one. But I still feel violated and disgusted. What's worse is that my parents are leaving for 2 weeks in Europe tomorrow, so it's just going to be my brother and I. I'm afraid of what he or I might do, because honestly, I wanted to break his nose. I'm also unsure of what else he could have done in my room while I was gone.
tl;dr: Laugh all you want, I'm afraid to be in my own home. Please give me some advice.
Edit: Filing a police report, getting a lock, staying with a friend and investing in a new toothbrush. Got it, thanks.
Edit 2: successfully installed a deadbolt, filed a police report ('domestic dispute' because I didn't technically own the mattress, but whatever), got a new toothbrush, and have plans to stay with a friend and take care of my puppy. Thanks to you all.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Regulation Size posted:

lmao that guy was metal as hell

My [21F] brother [20M] is disgusting and I'm afraid to be in my own home.

Holy poo poo he filed a police report on his brother for that? It's incredibly hosed up and juvenile to piss on his bed but holy poo poo that's an escalation.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Menstrual Show posted:

Holy poo poo he filed a police report on his brother for that? It's incredibly hosed up and juvenile to piss on his bed but holy poo poo that's an escalation.
gently caress that brother. He deserves it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Menstrual Show posted:

The true response is to piss on everything the brother owns. One up his pissmanship and assert dominance.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Menstrual Show posted:

Bet he won't ever piss on her bed again though

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

please knock Mom! posted:

Did someone post the one where some wiccan idiot sacrificed someone's pet

link please

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is really sad

quote:

My wife works so much I never see her anymore, now I can't look at her without crying

My wife and I have jobs in the food industry. I work on the institutional side, and so my hours are 45-50/week and very regular. She works on the artistic side as a sous chef for a chef that does a lot of pop-up restaurants and events. She works constantly, with as little as one or two days off per month. Often she just crashes on his couch after an event, and doesn't even come home. When she is home, it's to change clothes, update her calendar, and work on plans for the next event. We haven't done anything besides go to Starbucks or fall asleep to a cartoon for weeks. I'm beside myself; I literally can't look at her without crying anymore. She prides herself so much on "being a workhorse" that I can't ask her to slow down. I really think she'd leave me. I don't want to be another item on her to do list, but she's too tired and absent for us to ever do anything together. I know that a few years of this, and our marriage will be done. I feel like there's nothing I can do but watch helpless while our relationship dissolves. I've tried to talk to her a couple of times about these feelings, but she never has an answer or offers anything to help the situation.

I don't know what I can do. I'm not ready to lose her, and I don't understand why she doesn't seem to miss me. It's an open marriage, so "infidelity" wouldn't bother me, it's that I can't get time/affection from my own wife.

Me: 26m

Her: 26f

relationship: 7 years

TLDR Wife is working a ton and never home, I'm miserable, and she doesn't seem care enough to change anything.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Time is the currency of all relationships, romantic and otherwise. I learned that too late in some cases.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

corn on the cop posted:

this is really sad

This relationship is dead. I hope someone tells this guy that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

this is really sad

Is it really, though? Dude's too dumb to realize they don't even have a relationship anymore. She's probably closer to the people she works with now than she is to him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

Is it really, though? Dude's too dumb to realize they don't even have a relationship anymore. She's probably closer to the people she works with now than she is to him.

True, but work friends are a different kind of friend. Not even because of them, it can be because of you too. Obviously, you have to behave differently with those you work with than those you don't. So she's going to be in for a world of disappointment if she thinks they're the same thing either.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm not really afraid of spiders but after reading that 'boyfriend threw spiders on me' story in this thread yesterday I had crazy nightmares all night last night about people throwing spiders at me. Thanks, thread :mad:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I [21F] cannot stand my [23M] live-in boyfriend of 4 years and don't know how to get out.

Yup. We've been together for 4 years, and lived together last year as well (which went awful - I broke up with him once, etc.) and did not necessarily want to live with him again but he convinced me to.

And 2 months into the lease, here I am again - upset, hating my living situation (never inviting friends over).. none of my friends like him and neither does my mom. I am not attracted to him, and am growing to resent him more and more every day. There are "good days" where I feel cuddly/appreciative of him, but other days, I am just completely turned off.

Being so young, I am not going to lie - I find other guys attractive. More attractive. And I know the grass is not always greener on the other side - we had actually broken up for a month and although I did get hurt by another guy (got over it in a week or so), I still do not want to be back in my old relationship.

Problem is though, we are on a shared lease and have two parking spots here. I am not technically the main lease signer, but I am his cosigner.

My only way out so far seems to be if I can get this job opportunity in another state and move away. Whenever I try to talk to him about moving out in general, he gets REALLY mad and is very mean (telling me he'll lock me out of our shared bedroom, etc.) and does not handle the conversation maturely. He says HE wants to move out in that case and have ME take over this spot. I don't want to be here. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading if you got to this far.

TL;DR boyfriend and I live together and share a lease (I am his cosigner); I hate our relationship and want out but he is mean when we talk about it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Let's play a game. Guess the ages of the participants.

Gaunab posted:

I [30m] received a 'lewd' pic from a friend [33F], how to handle

Hi reddit,

First some background. This summer I met Louise [33F], through a common hobby we have. We exchanged numbers and kept in touch after that. (note: I also did this with the rest of that group, both male and female)

A few weeks ago she also came over for a visit (and slept on our coach) related to the hobby. My girlfriend, Jessica [28F] knew about this and as fine with this. She did express some jealousy, because, well, she's another girl.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon when I got a picture from Louise, in her bath. It only showed her feet, but you could see more in the reflection. Its not super obvious, but its there. I just replied "enjoy your bath" or something like that.

Now, reddit, how do I further handle this? I have the feeling she was already a bit flirty with me.

I havent told my girlfriend about this, and not sure I should. I deleted the picture, of course.

Do I tell her? Do I tell Louise it was inapropriate? Or was it an innocent mistake?

Tl;dr: Got lewd pic, maybe, how to handle?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jack Trades posted:

Let's play a game. Guess the ages of the participants.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think the primary question to ask there is does Louise know there's a girlfriend, because that sounds like information she should probably be presented with in the near future

How do you reach that age without knowing this

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

I think the primary question to ask there is does Louise know there's a girlfriend, because that sounds like information she should probably be presented with in the near future

How do you reach that age without knowing this

He says that she slept on 'our couch' so I'd assume the GF was there but who knows.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
How do people get into these horrible relationships and decide that kids are a good idea?

quote:

Pregnant (f/29) and my boyfriend (m/27) and his family aren't compassionate to my morning sicknessRelationships

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and like the title says, my boyfriend takes my morning sickness personally. I am nauseous all day and have been so exhausted I sleep most of the time I'm not at work. I finally got a prescription for the nausea and while it takes the edge of, it makes me incredibly drowsy and I still feel sick. In the last week, my nausea/drowsiness has caused me to miss 2 of his dinners with his family. The first time he sent me a text while he was at dinner asking if I hated his family. The second time, his mom said she thinks I don't like her and I'm avoiding dinners because of her.

I have explained my sickness to my boyfriend and he lives with me so he sees me unable to eat or my face after I've thrown up. I told him it has nothing to do with them and I personally think it's pretty inconsiderate and lacking compassion to make my sickness about them. I want to feel well again! They think I'm exaggerating or being too weak that I'm letting it control my life but it really is in control of my life right now. I've had some complications already with this pregnancy and stressing about their feelings and opinions of me makes me feel even worse. What do I do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend and his family are making my morning sickness about them and think I'm using it as an excuse to not be around them. It's not about them, I am so sick and don't know what to say or do about that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bonzo posted:

How do people get into these horrible relationships and decide that kids are a good idea?

The top rated suggestion is to show up at his family's dinner and :barf: all over everything and then go "Believe me now?"

I'm in favor of it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

quote:

My [23M] girlfriend [22F] who I have dated for a year, has aggressive angry outbursts when something I do "triggers" her

So this started as soon as we started living together and tends to be worse during 'that time of the month' . We are avid online gamers so a lot of the time its due to her losing in a game and getting triggered when I say anything that might make her feel like losing was her fault. The nature of online gaming can be frustrating, I get it, but sometimes she will yell at the top of her lungs at me and throw things around the house. I have to physically restrain her so she doesnt break my stuff.

I've told her she needs therapy but says she will only go to couples counseling. I told her that its not my behavior that is the problem, and I dont think there is something I can do different that will help. Its not just gaming too, its also other random arguments that we have that can escalate, but gaming is the primary "trigger". The longer we've been together she has reduced the frequency of these outbursts but they seem to be getting worse. Seems like repressed emotions. Shes a wonderful girlfriend in almost every aspect besides this but after a particularly bad outburst today where she dented our wall, I dont know anymore.

Any advice as to what I can do would be appreciated.

Tl;dr girlfriend and I are gamers who play online games together and if she gets triggered she will become extremely angry with borderlime violent outbursts. What do I do?
Edit: She also had an outburst a while back when I won a card game. She barely lost to me but when I won she said "Alright no more blowjobs for you" and stormed out of the room in front of my friends. I have no idea why I stayed with her after that. Shes super immature and has no emotional control. Not to mention a sore loser at just about everything. I dont really have another easy living situation unfortunately so a break up will be hard on me but if she refuses therapy I probably will bite the bullet and leave her for my sanity.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
She's a great girlfriend except for this one thing!

edit: She's super immature and has no emotional control!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's not what 'triggered' means

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bonzo posted:

"no blowjobs for you"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Dude needs to start playing 1 on 1 competitive games and just dunk on her until things come to a head

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Hey, at least he recognizes the problem and sees that he's probably going to have to leave his gf v:shobon:v

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I like the idea of couples counseling, like any therapist is gonna look at this situation and say "hm yes the boyfriend needs to make a lot of changes to make this work"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KomodoWagon posted:

That's not what 'triggered' means

The upside of the Internet is that people can share a lot information extremely quickly

The downside is that they can share misinformation which enables their own immature behavior even quicker

CharlestonJew posted:

I like the idea of couples counseling, like any therapist is gonna look at this situation and say "hm yes the boyfriend needs to make a lot of changes to make this work"

Maybe she's hoping the therapist is gonna say something like "maybe you should let her win at things all the time, because being a huge whiny baby about poo poo is her prerogative and something you need to adjust to"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

The top rated suggestion is to show up at his family's dinner and :barf: all over everything and then go "Believe me now?"

I'm in favor of it.

Agreed, but I have a feeling the mom will blame her for being inconsiderate for coming to the dinner while sick.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

It's because abusers are always on the offensive. She wants couples counseling so when her issues are brought up she can distract from them with her list of "here's all the stuff you do wrong and until you fix them all I'm under no obligation to change."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bonzo posted:

Angry Gamer

Getting frustrated about video games is fine, I'm guilty of that myself, but come on! Doesn't she have any restraint what so ever?
Don't loving smash poo poo, you've got seemingly function boyfriend to vent to.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Dude needs to start playing 1 on 1 competitive games and just dunk on her until things come to a head

Genuinely good idea. Because that's probably the quickest way to realize and accept the fact that it IS your fault when you lose, and learn to be more zen about it.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Some women have mild morning sickness and somehow draw the conclusion that women who complain about morning sickness are whiny babies, not suffering more severely.