Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I burged my favorite thing yesterday: A burg with a burg on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
a whiter shade of pale

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
the Aryan bun

do you even toast, bro?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I cannot abide a bun that pale

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

that bun aint right

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
That Neo Big Mac looks amazing. It's 9:05am and I'd eat the poo poo out of one right now.

Nation posted:

hot diggity dog

Speaking of this, my friends bought me a hot diggity dogger as a gag gift 15++ years ago. It can be a bitch to keep clean but it's pretty drat cool. It definitely doesn't get dedicated shelf space but every once in a blue moon it's pretty cool to hot diggity dog a hot dog with a toasted bun.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 16, 2016

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Let's say I was thinking of getting some bison. What would I do with it?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Loki_XLII posted:

You need a lot of grazing space.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Tyson Tomko posted:

That Neo Big Mac looks amazing. It's 9:05am and I'd eat the poo poo out of one right now.

Speaking of this, my friends bought me a hot diggity dogger as a gag gift 15++ years ago. It can be a bitch to keep clean but it's pretty drat cool. It definitely doesn't get dedicated shelf space but every once in a blue moon it's pretty cool to hot diggity dog a hot dog with a toasted bun.

My dad bought one of those when I was a kid and I'd swear it was one of his favorite all time purchases. The old man just fuckin loved that thing and I haven't seen one since some time in the 90s. Thanks for the smile. :)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Loki_XLII posted:

Grind it into a patty I guess?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Hopper posted:

Grind it into a patty I guess?

It is very lean, just a heads up.

Maybe mix in some chopped bacon?

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Decided to make a big mac of my own after seeing beerinator's post.

Used Kenji's 'A Better Big Mac' recipe from seriouseats
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/05/a-better-big-mac-mcdonalds-burger-recipe.html

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Glambags posted:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/05/a-better-big-mac-mcdonalds-burger-recipe.html

very nice

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Glambags posted:

Nice!

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Sometimes I wish I could eat more than one burger per meal. Also, I hate layering with double burgers; poo poo gets too unstable.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Esposito posted:

Sometimes I wish I could eat more than one burger per meal. Also, I hate layering with double burgers; poo poo gets too unstable.

Not a tomato guy myself, but aside from that I'd eat the hell out of that burg.

I made some last night, with butter lettuce, sauteed onion, bacon and colby jack but I didn't take pictures. I'll have to do that next time. I did the patties by hand with a teaspoon each of coarse black pepper and I think I'm gonna do that all the time from now on, they were fantastic.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Free 5 guys meal= a good burg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

I keep waiting for Kenji's 'A Better Noah's Ark' recipe, but it never comes.

And related to the out of season tomato talk recently, I've thought about using diced up oven roasted tomatoes like one might for bruschetta. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/canned-tomato-bruschetta-recipe.html

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

My wife is the head of the pta at our kids school. We bought all the food for the recent festival, and they overbought on burgers and they can't be returned.

Gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of five boxes of costco frozen burger patties.

Gunna make a fatty mcfatty 3x3 on grilled sourdough for dinner tonight.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Ron Jeremy posted:

My wife is the head of the pta at our kids school. We bought all the food for the recent festival, and they overbought on burgers and they can't be returned.

Gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of five boxes of costco frozen burger patties.

Gunna make a fatty mcfatty 3x3 on grilled sourdough for dinner tonight.

Be sure to post a pic thanks.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

^^ What this guy said. Bonus points for before during and after.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Where I live has no real burgin options other than the national chains, so, the other day I was out and someone else was buying, so I tried this...

as a double.

And, all in all, I was quite pleased. The patties were somewhat on the dry side but quite flavorful, all the ingredients worked nicely together flavor wise. If I have one regret (other than living somewhere WITHOUT decent burg options) is that you are better off mess-wise getting the single or thickburger options over the double. It was hard to eat even vaguely neatly.

I would give it a 6 - 7/10.

And here is an annoying YouTuber reviewing it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ3CaLQYdk

I don't know what freaking beer aftertaste he was talking about, BTW.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 7, 2016

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Stop calling me a muchacho

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

One of my favourite parts of going to PAX Melbourne each year is getting to have a Merrywell burger; this year I went for the Creation (Beef Patty, Buttermilk Battered Chicken, Bacon, American Cheese, Pickles, Habanero Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Mustard). loving delicious.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure how I feel about that big rear end slab of breaded chicken. I mean, yeah, I'd totally eat that but it just seems like a strange decision.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

It gave it a nice bit of variation in the texture and flavour with each bite; it also wasn't as thick as it appeared and compacted well when picked up. Always annoying when the bun is rock hard so it's inedible - in this case it was nice and squishy so was easy to devour.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Oh my god, gently caress this guy

[edit] These loving food reviewers are repulsive.

Esposito fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 7, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Esposito posted:

Oh my god, gently caress this guy

[edit] These loving food reviewers are repulsive.

The other one was worse, in a way. Looked 14, wore an illfitting suit, and the burger was more expressive than he was.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Samizdata posted:

The other one was worse, in a way. Looked 14, wore an illfitting suit, and the burger was more expressive than he was.

That guy owns though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tV9JIJ6G4

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I'm not particularly fond of cats, but I'd rather watch a video hosted by that cat, because I don't think I'd feel as much like it was thinking about the best way to wear my skin.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Truthfully, I just skimmed both the burger reviews to see if they showed the burger better than the still pic I had to work with. I don't normally follow YT food reviews.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
anyone been burgin' recently?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

atothesquiz posted:

anyone been burgin' recently?

Nothing exciting. Did a 2/$5 Quarter Pounder with Cheese deal at McD's the other day. They were quite edible. No fancy schmancy burger places in my town and I work late, so I didn't feel like cooking.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Samizdata posted:

Nothing exciting. Did a 2/$5 Quarter Pounder with Cheese deal at McD's the other day. They were quite edible. No fancy schmancy burger places in my town and I work late, so I didn't feel like cooking.

I found quarter pounders much better if you decide to be a jerk and ask for one fresh off the griddle. Still salty as gently caress, but the meat tastes way better.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I had shake shack on New Year's Day. It was a thin and greasy burg, which hit the spot while hungover.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

I found quarter pounders much better if you decide to be a jerk and ask for one fresh off the griddle. Still salty as gently caress, but the meat tastes way better.

Or you go at an odd time like I did. They were fresh.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
We've just had a new place open up called HalfMan HalfBurger gave it a try the other day and it is pretty drat good, the only real issue I had was that all the burgers have 2 small patties instead of one larger one.
They are also really loving popular due to a good selection of vegan/vegetarian options and that the meat is sustainably sourced.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

Or you go at an odd time like I did. They were fresh.

Yup. Show up at 12:45 AM and ask for one with no ketchup and it'll always be right off the griddle.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Yup. Show up at 12:45 AM and ask for one with no ketchup and it'll always be right off the griddle.

Aren't the patties cooked in batches then held in plastic bins? Don't think the ketchup hits it until the order comes in. The time seems hit or miss. There's not going to be a big batch sitting in the bins, but more likely there are a few closer to the max hold time. If you're going to ask, ask for one fresh off the griddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I burged the other day:

there's some raw onion hiding in that lettuce, with some coarse brown mustard and spicy ketchup on the buns

• Locked thread