Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Seeing some middle aged guy's "I'm a cool dude" fanfic put on camera is always super depressing.

But still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

People are tired of talking about Mary Sues but GetEven is seriously Mary Sue: The Movie.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Zzulu posted:

What if you're on an isolated island and have no laser-guided cruise missiles OR cluster bombs in your pocket? Like in that movie?

oh whoops look no cell phone reception for some reason hey ho whoa

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah theres like no spot left on this gay earth that obama cant drone bomb in under a day

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome back to Aaron's Website Review

- you have to drag the dvd cover into the basket
- tiny video flash player
- tab for the shimi slide
- starfield plays over video on the slide tab

I give that website 5 stars!

This has been Aaron's Website Review!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Just saw the new BOTW thumbnail has Mike, Rich and both Canadians. Hell to the yes

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ghostbusters 2016 bombed pretty hard but it's still going to be Sony's best performing film of the year (in the US market).

They really should stick to electronics and vidya

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Goddamn, the imdb.com listing for the movie has a review from way back in 2010 that gives it 10 stars. It's also the only review that member has ever written and it's got random capitalised words and super awkward grammar exactly like the synopsis from the GETEVEN DVD cover. Hmmmmmm.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169183/

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 17, 2016

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Goddamn, the imdb.com listing for the movie has a review from way back in 2010 that gives it 10 stars. It's also the only review that member has ever written and it's got random capitalised words and super awkward grammar exactly like the synopsis from the GETEVEN DVD cover. Hmmmmmm.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169183/

I want to believe there is another man with the exact same mental illnesses as Hart who felt a touch of kinship seeing this movie. Then he went to make a review!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently he also registered a bunch of fake female imdb memberships and rated his own movie over and over so he could mention "All the women who rated this movie gave it a 10!" in several of the fake reviews

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I just love that he's such a rebel that he refuses to space "get" and "even" on his website. He adheres to the spacing rules of noman!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
TINY CANADIAN :nyan::pcgaming::yosbutt::wooper:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am looking forward to the sequel. GetOdd.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'll never stop being amazed at the endless king kong and universal monsters and tarzan and hercules reboots that fail spectacularly but no one will give Guillermo Del Toro money because his bigger and more ambitious movies underperform in the US but make their money back in Asia and home video.

Sony will spend $600,000,000 on Ghostbusters but won't bankroll Pacific Rim 2 or Mountains of Madness because the $100M movie might only do $80M domestically.

How are these idiots saying "oh that's too risky" while pouring the GDP of midsized African nations into loving Ben Hur, Gods of Egypt, and Ghostbusters?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'll never stop being amazed at the endless king kong and universal monsters and tarzan and hercules reboots that fail spectacularly but no one will give Guillermo Del Toro money because his bigger and more ambitious movies underperform in the US but make their money back in Asia and home video.

Sony will spend $600,000,000 on Ghostbusters but won't bankroll Pacific Rim 2 or Mountains of Madness because the $100M movie might only do $80M domestically.

How are these idiots saying "oh that's too risky" while pouring the GDP of midsized African nations into loving Ben Hur, Gods of Egypt, and Ghostbusters?

I'm just happy Ghosbusters was banned for retarded reasons in China, ensuring Sony doesn't get any of that sweet Chinese BO money.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Because they haven't quaffed any of Jayscum obviously.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sir these explorers have discovered a very large ape, this specimen is incredible, this challenges our very perception of modern scie-

DRONE BOMB IT

but sir

DRONE BOMB IT

WITH NUKES

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

a bone to pick posted:

I'm just happy Ghosbusters was banned for retarded reasons in China, ensuring Sony doesn't get any of that sweet Chinese BO money.

Ghosts are nothing to joke about in China! The movie mocks the very real problem of ghosts.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
King Kong isnt about a large ape defeating the modern military

even in the original -33 film Kong is defeated by a gas bomb, shackled up, and then shot to death by airplanes

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If hollywood would just divide up those millions and give 150 gamblers a million dollars each they'd probably make their money back I don't know statistics enough to be sure tho.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

If hollywood would just divide up those millions and give 150 gamblers a million dollars each they'd probably make their money back I don't know statistics enough to be sure tho.

Whoever made Ben Hur could have literally put it all on red at a roulette table and that 50/50 chance would have been better odds than thinking someone in 2016 would want to watch a lovely CGI Ben Hur with nameless actors.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Baronjutter posted:

Ghosts are nothing to joke about in China! The movie mocks the very real problem of ghosts.
China's spiritual purity will not be compromised by 4 unmarried women wielding lanterns. Pray our pious ancestors never spy such a calamity.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What makes me laugh is that this exists too, so I guess Asylum even thought it might work

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I imagine every time they cracked a joke at parole violator's height a single tear fell from Jay's eye onto the camera viewfinder.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I'm mad they didn't notice that the actor who plays the bad guy in Future Force also played the side kick in Deadly Prey

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Typical Pubbie posted:

I'm mad they didn't notice that the actor who plays the bad guy in Future Force also played the side kick in Deadly Prey

I'm mad that you did

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This was a good and funny botw and large Canadian is bad at talking

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
and aside from in the credits they don't mention david pryor directed it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rubellavator posted:

This was a good and funny botw and large Canadian is bad at talking

Not normally a huge large Canadian fan, but his rousing "Even the smallest person can change the course of history" speech at the end sold me. :patriot: (but with a Maple Leaf)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was the common theme this time ex-cops? Or I guess current cops too, sorta?

I'm still amazed at the future force remote control scene because he's just loving pushing the same goddamn button over and over so apparently they had that entire sequence pre-programmed somehow. Which of course then begs the question of why not just make it one button press for the whole thing?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Light Gun Man posted:

Was the common theme this time ex-cops? Or I guess current cops too, sorta?

I'm still amazed at the future force remote control scene because he's just loving pushing the same goddamn button over and over so apparently they had that entire sequence pre-programmed somehow. Which of course then begs the question of why not just make it one button press for the whole thing?
Somebody realised early oin that they only had 35 minutes of actual movie, so every thing needed to be padded out, and it adds tensiiiiiooon....

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I read an article earlier this year about how the Chinese box office is a real house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapsing. Lots of instances where someone buys a ticket to movie A but the theater says instead they bought a ticket to movie B because that one is being pushed by the people who own the studio that did co-production, because they also own the theater chain.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

spooky like this! posted:

I read an article earlier this year about how the Chinese box office is a real house of cards that is constantly in danger of collapsing. Lots of instances where someone buys a ticket to movie A but the theater says instead they bought a ticket to movie B because that one is being pushed by the people who own the studio that did co-production, because they also own the theater chain.

Hmm, that doesn't line up with the Chinese business practices I'm familiar with.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
tom waits.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Watching the new BoTW Colin from Canada has definitely been working out.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

What makes me laugh is that this exists too, so I guess Asylum even thought it might work

I think Asylum is targeted at confused grandpas getting something keep the grandkids quiet for a bit. Confused grandpas would be the biggest demographic that still cares about Ben Hur so Asylum might be onto a winner.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
If Asylum are trying to confuse people, why do their covers always look like badly photoshopped hot garbage? You'd think they'd hire a competent graphic designer to better sell their turd movie.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
loving money. Also confused grandpas don't see too well anyway.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I really want to know if they somehow worked that submarine set into the Ben Hur knockoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Berious posted:

I really want to know if they somehow worked that submarine set into the Ben Hur knockoff

Doesn't look like it, but they did get a ninja in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiH5xWJmn5w

• Locked thread