Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
T Football C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Tittfy-loving Chuggo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Total loving clean, fc

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

jyrka posted:

T Football C

Lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Turd Fart Crap

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it seems they may have changed their minds, but originally "FC" was not an abbreviation. the full team name was toronto FC, not toronto football club.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ephex posted:

Tittfy-loving Chuggo

play your cards right

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

wicka posted:

it seems they may have changed their minds, but originally "FC" was not an abbreviation. the full team name was toronto FC, not toronto football club.

lol if true

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

there was some team in MLS, i'm fairly certain it was TFC but i might be wrong, where someone asked a club exec if FC stood for football club and he responded, "no, we call the sport soccer"

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

my favourite MLSism is Real Salt Lake, apparently the King of Spain takes a keen interest in Utah professional sports. Who knew?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

my favourite MLSism is Real Salt Lake, apparently the King of Spain takes a keen interest in Utah professional sports. Who knew?

I always preferred the NY/NJ MetroStars. Nothing says low-rent quite like a dual-state team. The XFL had the NY/NJ Hitmen.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

wicka posted:

there was some team in MLS, i'm fairly certain it was TFC but i might be wrong, where someone asked a club exec if FC stood for football club and he responded, "no, we call the sport soccer"

Still better than "Inter Toronto FC," an actual name they considered

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Rayo OKC would like a word with you all

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Weaponized Cum posted:

Rayo OKC would like a word with you all

Rayo OKC isn't as bad cause they're part owned by Rayo Vallecano. Real Salt Lake has no excuse.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

camoseven posted:

Rayo OKC isn't as bad cause they're part owned by Rayo Vallecano. Real Salt Lake has no excuse.

its only like 0.1% less ridiculous

colorado rapids were almost arsenal colorado btw

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I like the guys called the Mutiny.

Or the ones that have tassels on their shirts

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ewar Woowar posted:

Or the ones that have tassels on their shirts

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

I always preferred the NY/NJ MetroStars. Nothing says low-rent quite like a dual-state team. The XFL had the NY/NJ Hitmen.

if you want your sporting venture to be seen as legitimate, you definitely want to remind them of the XFL.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Amazing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

I like the guys called the Mutiny.

that was tampa bay, who folded after like four years in MLS because no one in florida gives one single gently caress about football, but european players seem to love miami, so MLS will continue to throw money into that particular bottomless pit. tampa's current team is called the rowdies and they have joe cole.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Best uniform in the history of the sport hands down.

Rodney Marsh (or some other Englishman who played for the Tampa Bay Rowdies) gave an interview talking about playing that team and watching the leather tassels (yes, that was actual leather on the shirts) bouncing around all over the place whenever a Colorado player moved and he said it was the most ridiculous loving thing you've ever seen.

wicka posted:

tampa's current team is called the rowdies and they have joe cole.
And they have an owner who is totally hip

How can you not want to hang with this guy

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 19, 2016

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ESPNFC: Lionnel Messi Curses at Valencia Vans Who Threw Objects at Barcelona

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Say what you want about Rooney, but today he would have made a massive difference. His incisive passing and impact would have helped utd so much in this match. If he was fit the fans would still be wanting him on the bench even though he should be named on the first team WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT. I'm absolutely loving sick of everyone wanking off herrera the elf when rooney is clearly Utd's best player on his day. He brings another dimension to the playstyle with his passing and movement. You could see that against zorya where he played a gorgeous ball to ibra and against fenerbache. His intensity was second to none. In summary Utd should list rooney on the first team every week once he's back as he is the best player in the squad when given the chance.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

What am I missing here?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I've said this on here at least once before but I'll say it again: Ferguson will be loving what is happening at United right now. I don't care about any influence that he has behind the scenes, I don't care that he attends most games and is still a fan. Forget all of that. Ferguson will be loving loving it. Like it or not Alex Ferguson knows a hell of a lot about football. He picked Moyes as his successor and he knew by doing so that it would set of a chain of events that would make people clamour for the Fergie days. His ego wouldn't have had it any other way.

He picked Moyes knowing that he would be on a hiding to nothing. He picked Moyes because he knew Moyes would fail. Ferguson left an ageing and scarred squad that needed overhauling. His short-term decisions in the last couple of seasons of his reign served only to clinch him another league title. He isn't really interested about the wellbeing of Manchester United, he's only interested in the wellbeing of himself and his own success.

Ferguson is a c*nt. But I applaud him for his decision to appoint Moyes and what followed.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Come on man if a post is 100% right surely it doesn't belong here, even if it's quite funny.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

http://deadspin.com/the-premier-league-has-never-been-better-1788155526/amp

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I’ve said it multiple times on Deadspin: my interest has entirely shifted from the NFL to soccer this year. No commercials, very few stoppages and unbelievable skill of the players just makes it so much more entertaining.

Plus, I’m French by blood and the spinoff from the recent Euro has transitioned to the club leagues. I’ve completely jumped on the ManU bandwagon since they have Pogba and Martial; my two favourite players.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this man is clearly american and yet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wicka posted:

this man is clearly american and yet

sinking feeling he's probably canadian, whoever he is

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

sinking feeling he's probably canadian, whoever he is
You can blame California for Billy Hailey

And somehow he's even worse when he tries to write about other sports.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

not not luvd posted:

I’ve said it multiple times on Deadspin: my interest has entirely shifted from the NFL to soccer this year. No commercials, very few stoppages and unbelievable skill of the players just makes it so much more entertaining.

Plus, I’m French by blood and the spinoff from the recent Euro has transitioned to the club leagues. I’ve completely jumped on the ManU bandwagon since they have Pogba and Martial; my two favourite players.

:five:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

You can blame California for Billy Hailey

And somehow he's even worse when he tries to write about other sports.

Worse yet, he supports Arsenal and doesn't shy from it. His masterpiece is this piece on how Arsenal were going to catch the Foxes and beat them to the title.

Source

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

you'd be hard pressed to find a purer distillation of why arsenal beat leicester than the goal they scored to give them more goals than leicester

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Worse yet, he supports Arsenal and doesn't shy from it. His masterpiece is this piece on how Arsenal were going to catch the Foxes and beat them to the title.

Source

Nah. His two masterpieces:

His literal ten-thousand word thesis on Mourinho and Iker Casillas
That time he wrote another multi-thousand word epic dedicated to arguing that Kevin Durant was an Uncle Tom.

Also that time he wrote a 250-word sentence.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

The second half of that sentence is one of the most poorly written things I've seen in some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Still B.A.E posted:

The second half of that sentence is one of the most poorly written things I've seen in some time.

I've read it like 5 times and still no idea what he's talking about TBH.