Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Who gets that loving mad about online video games on that level? I can't even imagine the absurdity (and ensuing divorce) if I got owned in dark souls then started trashing and breaking my wife's poo poo over it.

Why and how do you even put up with that? This dude has to physically restrain his girl because someone didn't stay in their lane in league of Legends lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm our teenage years I lost two keyboards to my brother's fist-pounding rage over online matches of Warcraft 3.

loving Night Elves!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
my bro is 31 and still has screaming rage fits over dota it blows my mind

if I get mad at a game it lasts about 2 seconds then I'm immediately over it. unless you're playing it for money or professionally who cares?? none of it actually matters

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he's also a goon so if he sees this hey you really need to stop it's annoying as hell also please wear deodorant

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Is he single

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My friend/roommate in college got so mad at Final Fantasy X he punched the wall and broke his finger. I found it hilarious since he didn't break anything of value and he had to lie to everyone about the reason he broke it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That would only make sense if he were doing the lightning dodging side quest, gently caress that for real

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

That would only make sense if he were doing the lightning dodging side quest, gently caress that for real

:lol: It was exactly that quest.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

True, but work friends are a different kind of friend. Not even because of them, it can be because of you too. Obviously, you have to behave differently with those you work with than those you don't. So she's going to be in for a world of disappointment if she thinks they're the same thing either.

It's an open relationship and she often 'crashes on this chef dude's couch'. Are we sure that isn't more like 'is impaled on his dick' i.e. it's already more than a work friendship?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The part that struck me was the thing where she rage-quit a physical IRL card game, in front of their friends :psyduck: I feel like that's the kind of socialization problem that should be caught by the school counselor in first grade

WampaLord posted:

My friend/roommate in college got so mad at Final Fantasy X he punched the wall and broke his finger. I found it hilarious since he didn't break anything of value and he had to lie to everyone about the reason he broke it.

was it the lightning bolt thing, I bet it was the lightning bolt thing

Oh, or the chocobo race, gently caress that thing

e: how am I so slow :( Brb, punching wall, at hotspital, lost fingat, post mote later

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Lol I'll never understand people who find some sort of in-game achievement that is both super-boring and frustrating and has nothing to do with anything fun about the game, and then get super-frustrated trying to do it anyway because it's one of the things on the Big List of Things to Do. Just because rockstar hid pearls underwater in san andreas doesn't mean you gotta swim around looking for all 50.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol I'll never understand people who find some sort of in-game achievement that is both super-boring and frustrating and has nothing to do with anything fun about the game, and then get super-frustrated trying to do it anyway because it's one of the things on the Big List of Things to Do. Just because rockstar hid pearls underwater in san andreas doesn't mean you gotta swim around looking for all 50.

But my gamerscore.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

But my gamerscore.
achievement unlocked: notice that you don't have to collect all the +2 rings to have fun in dark souls 3

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What's that? I can spend hours and hours doing a repetitive and boring task to earn the game's weakest ultimate weapon for the game's worst character? And I have to do it 100 times in a row, and if I gently caress up one single time I have to start over from the beginning? That sure does sound like a good use of my time, I'll go straight back to this aesthetically unattractive map with annoying music immediately!

That said though the chocobo racing sidequest was almost as bad and I did that one so

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

achievement unlocked: notice that you don't have to collect all the +2 rings to have fun in dark souls 3

My most cherished Dark Souls series achievement wasn't an actual "worth points" achievement.

It was the red-white invader aura is DS2 :getin:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

loquacius posted:

The part that struck me was the thing where she rage-quit a physical IRL card game, in front of their friends :psyduck: I feel like that's the kind of socialization problem that should be caught by the school counselor in first grade

Maybe her boyfriend isn't so innocent in this, how do we know he wasn't running a really tedious engine deck in Dominion and took half an hour of deck shuffling to do anything

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Maybe her boyfriend isn't so innocent in this, how do we know he wasn't running a really tedious engine deck in Dominion and took half an hour of deck shuffling to do anything

it was one of those pokemon TCG decks where you end up dumping your whole hand every turn because there are a half dozen popular, no-cost, play-anytime-on-your-turn-as-much-as-you-like cards where you do that and I wouldn't want to suck the dick of a woman who ran that kind of deck either.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Regulation Size posted:

...and I wouldn't want to suck the dick of a woman...

Hate to break it to you chief, but...

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I just assumed he was tabbing between this and the Bailey Jay thread

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

WampaLord posted:

:lol: It was exactly that quest.
I got laid up for the better part of a month with pneumonia and I did literally everything there was to do in that game save that one stupid lightning quest. Even when I had literally nothing else to do I still looked at that one and said "nah gently caress that." IIRC it wasn't even for anything remotely good. You get an item you can combine with 2 other items to make an ultimate melee weapon for a mage character. It is the dumbest loving thing in the world and that game can go to hell.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

*Loses in Overwatch the most banal and flavorless game that is without penalty. Right hooks the dog and has to be restrained before obliterating the IKEA furniture.*

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

For some people it's that lingering feeling that if you don't do absolutely every challenge the game throws at you then you haven't actually "beaten" it

I used to be one of those people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I got laid up for the better part of a month with pneumonia and I did literally everything there was to do in that game save that one stupid lightning quest. Even when I had literally nothing else to do I still looked at that one and said "nah gently caress that." IIRC it wasn't even for anything remotely good. You get an item you can combine with 2 other items to make an ultimate melee weapon for a mage character. It is the dumbest loving thing in the world and that game can go to hell.

Oh poo poo, it was for Lulu, I thought it was for Wakka, ok I take back the "worst character" thing from that other post

but you can still make her a perfectly acceptable endgame weapon from scratch, especially if you don't need the crafting items for anyone else since none of the other ultimate quests are as bullshit as that one, which just makes it even more not worth doing

e: I 100%ed the Godfather game for PS2. Your final reward for 100%ing the game is unlimited ammo on every weapon. But if you 100% the game, there are literally no enemies left in the entire game world. Meaning that even with all of your infinite ammo, there is no one left to shoot. For my money, that is the most existential statement a video game has ever made by accident. It was some serious stone-cold Sartre poo poo.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 17, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

For some people it's that lingering feeling that if you don't do absolutely every challenge the game throws at you then you haven't actually "beaten" it

I used to be one of those people
You haven't beaten it until you've distilled the fun parts from the not fun parts and minimized your engagement with the latter.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Both me and my boyfriend sometimes get really mad at video games. We then walk off and do something else, or go outside to walk the beach, or go have dinner together, or watch something funny, or do literally anything besides have a screaming toddler tantrum over the loving video game.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Dude needs to start playing 1 on 1 competitive games and just dunk on her until things come to a head

But she's already ruled out head.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

extra row of teeth posted:

Both me and my boyfriend sometimes get really mad at video games. We then walk off and do something else, or go outside to walk the beach, or go have dinner together, or watch something funny, or do literally anything besides have a screaming toddler tantrum over the loving video game.

That's a shame. A real curvy goonette would try to punch his teeth and need to be held down like an unhooded pit bull.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

That's a shame. A real curvy goonette defuse the tension by romantically sharing a floor pizza.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Yes, with the cardboard of the box haphazardly torn to be used as a plate. Smells like romance.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
People are terrible (if true)

quote:

We purchased my house a year ago, just after we found out my husband would be relocated cross country. We fell in love with the house immediately. It was once a church (built in the mid 1800s), but was converted to a home in the 1970s. We have a huge yard which borders the town park, we are only two blocks from the schools, and the house features a ton of beautiful architectural details. It was shuttered back in 2000 when the old owner was put in a nursing home, but didn't get put on the market until last spring, after the owners death. We bought it in March, and hired contractors to do some necessary construction to fix problems from it being unoccupied so long. My husband lived in a hotel room in the meantime, but the kids and I didn't move until summer when school ended and the bulk of the construction was finished.
We had no idea that the house and property have been popularly used as though they were public property for the last fifteen years.

The first hint of problems was the contractor told us people kept wandering into the house while it was being worked on. He was so bothered that he put up aggressive "No Trespassing" signs. My husband felt these were too alienating (after all, we want to live in this community), so he removed them. When he moved in, however, he found people peering through the windows on several occasions, wanting to see what we were doing with the place. He hung heavy curtains throughout the downstairs.

In the period he was living there alone, he heard voices outside one night, and came out to find a group of eight men smoking on our patio. When he questioned them, they said it was tradition to smoke and sober up there after hitting the local bar. My husband told them they absolutely were not allowed to sober up outside what will be our child's bedroom. The next week, they came back (drunkenly saying they forgot when asked to leave). My husband installed motion sensor lights before the next week, and when they were suddenly flooded with lights, they stood outside yelling and cursing.

Another time, a woman I met in the community asked to see the inside of the house. I was showing her around and showed her the renovations we will be doing to the kitchen. She started crying, saying it wasn't the kitchen she always envisioned in the house, and that I was ruining her dream home.
Our lawn was in terrible shape, which we attributed to neglect. My husband started work re sodding it. A day or two later, neighborhood children were playing on the freshly seeded lawn (and on my kids swing set), and we asked them to stay in the town park area. A parent started yelling at me that it was unfair my kids could play on my property, but her kids couldn't.

Then, Fourth of July there was an event at the football stadium (a block walk from our house). We went with the kids early in the day, and came back to cars parked on our lawn. Not just one or two, there were easily thirty cars parked across our lawn and driveway. We called the cops, and the local policeman basically told us that "everyone" used our lawn as overflow parking, and that it would be like this every Friday through football season. He seemed to think it was no big deal. We pushed the issue and he half heartedly told a few returning people that it was now private property, but he left with dozens of cars still parked there. The lawn afterwards was destroyed.

We added more motion flood lights. Around the perimeter facing the street, we added a three foot rock wall and pine trees. It's pretty, and it prevents people from driving on the property, (but still allows parking along the side of the street). Along the lawn facing the park, we are installing a trellis that we plan to plant with roses, but makes it so there's a visible divide of our property from the edge of the park.

The response has been terrible! Part of the rock wall was knocked down by a guy in a truck during a football game. We had our trash cans spray painted. The play set has been graffitied with drawings of penises and lewd phrases. (All this reported to police, who either won't come take a look at the damage, or chuckled at us on the phone)

When we take our kids to the park playground, parents have told our kids to go back to our lawn, that the park isn't there for them. My oldest child is bullied at school by kids saying we have kicked them off their land. I've met new people, only to have them go "oh, you're the folks who bought the old church" and refuse to associate with me.

I don't want to be a social pariah, but I want my property to be MINE. How do I solve this?

tl;dr My neighbors treat my home and land as public property, and I'm facing social stigma and vandalism.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How do I [20F] make it clear I no longer want to babysit her [30sF] children [6M and 2F]?

quote:

I'm a uni student and a frequent casual babysitter. I do it ad hoc, I'm not with an agency or anything, I get new clients through word of mouth. I've babysat for a couple of years and I love being able to meet and play with kids.

Six months ago, my most regular client recommended me to a good friend of hers. I received a text from this lady, Jenny, asking if I could babysit her two kids. I said sure.

The whole evening was an absolute nightmare. I just had no control over the older brother. He threw screaming tantrums, punched me, kicked me, kept trying to pile up furniture and climb across cabinets and stovetops to get candy, just point blank refused to listen to me. Took two hours to get him to bed. Didn't care when I tried to be stern, threaten to tell his parents, etc. I couldn't deal with holding him off and also making sure the younger sister wasn't getting herself into any trouble. I thought I was great with children, but maybe I've just had super obedient kids this whole time??

When Jenny came home, she asked how the evening went, and I panicked. I just said there had been some trouble getting them to listen to me and get to bed, and left it at that. I now regret not being more honest at the time. I thought it would be better to just keep saying I wasn't able to babysit every time she texted me, and fade out, but it's been 6 months and she keeps asking. I've probably declined her about 10 times since. I feel awful because she's evidently hoping every time that I can make it, when I'm never going to say yes. I don't want to be honest because I don't want to hurt her feelings, especially so long after the fact. I don't want to say I no longer babysit because of the issue of Jenny's friend, the original client, who I still babysit for very frequently and more than willingly. If that gets back to Jenny, she might be wondering why I'll babysit one and not the other.

I know Thomas isn't the worst kid in the world. Maybe Thomas just hasn't warmed up to me. But I just don't want to sit for this client any more. It's not worth it and I don't need the job. How do I communicate this to Jenny in a nice way? Or should I just continue to do what I'm doing?

tl;dr: I babysat a spoilt child once in April and never again. Is there a way I can express this to the mother in a way that won't hurt her feelings, or should I just make up excuses every time she texts me?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

That's a shame. A real curvy goonette defuse the tension by romantically sharing a floor pizza.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yes, with the cardboard of the box haphazardly torn to be used as a plate. Smells like romance.

Sounds like a great start to my new, completely original erotic novel called "50 Shades of Goon".

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I hope this is fake.

quote:

Thinking about leaving my SO (32m) of 19 years, because of his attraction to young girls. Advice needed.(32F)

Some backround: My SO and I have been together for 19yrs (since 12yrs old), and it has not been an easy ride. Multiple incidences of cheating that resulted in a child outside of our relationship. We have two children of our own (11f & 12m). Then after 10 years of fidelity, he request an open relationship due to the need to sleep with a skinny woman, because I'm obese. Which I understood logically, not emotionally. I have since lost 50 lbs, and continuing to move forward to a healthier self. But by this point in the relationship...I am broken. No self esteem, or self worth...

Over the years I've discovered my husband has a young girl fetish. I'm talking teenagers (younger end of the spectrum 13-15ish). Over the years I would discover porn he downloaded, usually pictures of very young girls..and each time I would delete what I felt was inappropriate, and talk to him about it. A few months ago, when I was auditing his porn..and discovered more inappropriate pictures, I immediately woke him up and stated I would divorce him if this continues. And it still has continued.

Here's my main issue. We have a daughter who is 11yrs old, but looks at least 14. Knowing my husbands fetish, I've always been concerned about him trying something with her. I've had separate conversations with my daughter about what to do if someone touches you inappropriately, and thought she would always come to me if something occurred. Well I was wrong...

This past weekend it came out that a good friend of ours (31m), had acted inappropriate with her, two weeks ago when he watched the kids for us. She didn't tell us, and when he came over this past weekend it all came out because she was acting weird and distant because he was there. I felt sick. If she would have told me, we could have went about this very differently, and made things better for her sake. I will be getting her into counseling.
There's so many things. We've been betrayed by a friend who we've known since 3rd grade, my daughter was violated..and I now more than ever don't trust my husband to not act in the same manner. For full disclosure..my husband has made comments about her body that made me feel uneasy. I'm just stuck and don't know how to proceed. I have no friends I can bounce off of, and this is not something easily spoken about with family. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

TLDR:My husband is attracted to younger (teenage) girls..we have a pre-teen who has been violated by a close friend. Considering leaving my husband because of his fetish/protection of my daughter Edit: to specify the teenagers ages my SO is attracted to

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lockback posted:

People are terrible (if true)

Americans are garbage people

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

How do I [20F] make it clear I no longer want to babysit her [30sF] children [6M and 2F]?

tl;dr: I babysat a spoilt child once in April and never again. Is there a way I can express this to the mother in a way that won't hurt her feelings, or should I just make up excuses every time she texts me?

Using words? Preferably words put into a coherent sentence that conveys that exact information?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is one of the most suburban :911: stories I have ever read. At that point I would embrace the pariah status, wait til someone really crosses the legal line, take them and the town for all its worth and move the gently caress out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bonzo posted:

I hope this is fake.

:suspense:

There's no way that's not a fake....right?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bonzo posted:

I hope this is fake.

If it's not then it's :siren: time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Jack Trades posted:

:suspense:

There's no way that's not a fake....right?

The comments are disturbing. She bought up "the incident" to her husband who dismissed it as voyeurism and doesn't seem to think anything is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That post is the start to a mediocre horror movie. Straight-up.