Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's been a while; why aren't Ted and Sally talking?

With Hillary away at summer camp, Sally and Ted generally promised that they'd have a fun and exciting summer together. They quickly realized that, while Ted talks a big game, he doesn't actually act on any of his ideas. Sally, on the other hand, dyed her hair and had lunch with some people, and now they are questioning the foundation of their relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

At least Snooty made it out the deathtrap okay.

So they just locked a bunch of people in shipping containers like a third rate human trafficking scheme? Why did this grand plan require an engineer and like a year of planning?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (August 19, 1929)

Peanuts (October 20, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 13-14, 1929)

Thimble Theater (May 6, 1930)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TyrsHTML posted:

So they just locked a bunch of people in shipping containers like a third rate human trafficking scheme? Why did this grand plan require an engineer and like a year of planning?

Bribing OSHA to ignore your total lack of a basic evacuation path takes time, you know.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
1. Mopsy is great.

2. Really into this Triangle Shirtwaist-ish turn of events in JP.

3. Politics aside, the McCoys' art is incredibly ugly and mean-spirited, can't stand it. At least Dustin has great artwork.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

TyrsHTML posted:

They had to maximize the amount of old people they could cram into each container, and how many containers they could fit in the warehouse.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really want to know who to blame there.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Asaekkiga abandons the traditional narrative

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

At least Snooty made it out the deathtrap okay.

Oh my, :allears: .

What's up with the red splotch on Hank's and Neddy's hands though? ( frame 3, & 6 ) Colourist fuckup?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Legolas, what do your elf-eyes see?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Hey, will you look at that, (something) Scott Adams (will confuse with) fan art.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

and if you were wondering, yes, Adams really did write that. While huffily insisting that his earlier "Trump is totes going to crush Clinton because he's a super salesman" thesis was still totally correct.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

SubNat posted:

Oh my, :allears: .

What's up with the red splotch on Hank's and Neddy's hands though? ( frame 3, & 6 ) Colourist fuckup?

It's the Stigmata.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

EasyEW posted:

Bloom County

I may be too invested in this election, and needed some release, but I laughed out loud at these.

Esplanade posted:

How about now?

This I like.

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True (August, 1915)

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

Banana Oil! (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (January, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (January, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Jaf (1967)

Feiffer (1969, click for big)

Andy Capp (September, 1970, click for big)

Tweedy (September, 1970, click for big)

Wee Pals (November, 1970, click for big)

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

It happened.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

:allears:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (October 20, 1969)

Peanuts really sucked a lot of the time, didn't it? I mean this is like two weeks of this "Head Beagle" poo poo. Every day it's the same joke. "Oh no, the Head Beagle!"

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (May 6, 1930)

This is beautiful though.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Johnny Walker posted:

Peanuts really sucked a lot of the time, didn't it? I mean this is like two weeks of this "Head Beagle" poo poo. Every day it's the same joke. "Oh no, the Head Beagle!"

This is the sort of Peanuts I grew up with and it's why I've never liked the strip and don't understand why it still lingers on in newspaper pages everywhere. The earliest years seem alright, even funny at times, but I think I agree with the oft-expressed sentiment that the best days were before Snoopy took over the strip, which this particular series of strips exemplifies clearly.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Tomorrow's strip has Hank and Neddy continuously re-enacting the "This is Sparta!" scene from 300.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Join us for more breathtaking action with "Norm Thumber & The Case Of The Rotten rear end".

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

This was funny. You win this day, Chickweed Lane.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there any reason English Wonk needs Xiulan's father's approval, or is it just Brooke's ridiculous olde-fashioned-wannabe weirdass morality cropping up again?

The Classic Dinette Set gets into the spirit of the season.

Working Daze is completely wrong.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix may or may not be banana oil.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there any reason English Wonk needs Xiulan's father's approval, or is it just Brooke's ridiculous olde-fashioned-wannabe weirdass morality cropping up again?

You want them to... NOT act like the woman is property of her father? Forsooth, the correctness political has become overbearing.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think she made a big deal about how it's part of her culture so he's going along with it if I'm remembering right from however long ago this interminable story started.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

"Air pirates." :allears:

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This is the sort of Peanuts I grew up with and it's why I've never liked the strip and don't understand why it still lingers on in newspaper pages everywhere. The earliest years seem alright, even funny at times, but I think I agree with the oft-expressed sentiment that the best days were before Snoopy took over the strip, which this particular series of strips exemplifies clearly.
Snoopy was much, much better back when he was a dog.

And the Very early Peanuts being posted in this thread has already started transitioning away from that, with actual thought balloons being attached to snoopy and such.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom Meets :smug:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

phantom creepin

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think she made a big deal about how it's part of her culture so he's going along with it if I'm remembering right from however long ago this interminable story started.

And then they took a transpacific flight that was FOURTEEN WHOLE HOURS and everything! He better get approval after that ordeal!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

And then they took a transpacific flight that was FOURTEEN WHOLE HOURS and everything! He better get approval after that ordeal!

If he went the other direction it'd only have been ten hours

:byoscience:

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (September 25, 1951)

Nancy (November 9, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (July 9, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (August 7, 1923)

Lil' Abner (April 6, 1937)

Barney Google (August 8, 1922)

Alley Oop (November 7, 1933)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Hi and Lois

So, never?

Kliban's Cats

The Lost Bear

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

One Big Happy

Pooch Café

Reply All

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

Mikeyj said, 1 day ago
@Three Steps Over Japan
Yes, I love manga, since the early 90s

quote:

husky51 said, 1 day ago
hahaha, I have about a hundred volumes of manga, Sumomo (from “Chobits”) on my arm along with Totoro and a Kodama, having about 200 anime discs… Just turned 70 last month.. when I got the Sumomo tat…

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 22 hours ago
Somehow I Think the REAL ‘Surprise’ is Gonna be Fire Hoses Aimed at Our Unsuspecting Couple…..,

quote:

seismic-2 GoComics PRO Member said, about 22 hours ago
Brad + Toni = Boring. This “wedding preparation” story arc has taken up for too many weeks of the strip already, and here we go again. Let’s get back to whatever is happening to Luann at Pitt CC (other than the ridiculous contrivance of her designing a bridesmaid’s dress for academic credit!).

quote:

German shepherd 4 ever said, about 22 hours ago
@Mikeyj
SURPRISE!! More crap about the WEDDING! Geez, Evans, is someone in your family getting married? GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!

fort knox

Flying McCoys

Shoe

Dustin

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I don't understand this. she wanted her dad to intimidate him?

also can you spergs not understand why you would want to meet someone's parents before marrying them and have them like you even if you don't "need" their permission

I don't like this comic but am strangely compelled to read it because it appeals to my fantasy of being a white guy and marrying an asian female

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom Meets :smug:

Judging by the art, he literally put his eyes on his son.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Slammy posted:

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

What's with the neck-brace?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix may or may not be banana oil.

If tomorrow is an Office Hours or Fieffer parody, then Bolling definitely reads the thread, right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

If tomorrow is an Office Hours or Fieffer parody, then Bolling definitely reads the thread, right?

I think they're actually reruns of strips he made years ago. He was parodying a number of the more notable legacy strips that were bound to be posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

• Locked thread