Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ghost Dog posted:

bad teams playing badly but in a way that ends up with a lot of points just isnt exciting and never will be

it is actually exciting, I love it babie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

OSheaman posted:

I dunno why everyone's complaining about TNF, this week it will be two bad teams battling hard for second place in the division just like God intended. I think you all have unreasonably high expectations here.
I'm pretty hyped for the Packers' all-white Color Rush unis for some reason

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

are you a packers fan cause i see two words that would excite you if so

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
nah I just like the unis

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

all of those games were insanely boring, i didnt even look at the list my eyes just glazed over and i had thoughts of the endless hell that is the same nfc east primetime game thats on every single week, the weeks between being a sort of halftime where everyone convinces themselves the poo poo they just consumed was not, infact poo poo but High Quality Steak and then hypes themselves up for the next bucket of poo poo to scorf down, and maybe reminisce about how awful Great all those other terrible games were. bad teams playing badly but in a way that ends up with a lot of points just isnt exciting and never will be

Clownball clownball CLOWNBALL clownBALL CLOWNball clownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownball

Clownball

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

In the last 52 weeks the Browns are 1-16. Winning pitcher in that 24-10 victory over San Francisco? Johnny Manziel.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

Since the start of the 2015 season, Rodgers, at a moribund 6.63 yards per attempt, is 33rd among all NFL passers (minimum 200 pass attempts).

Johnny Manziel (6.73) is better.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

Clownball clownball CLOWNBALL clownBALL CLOWNball clownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownballclownball

Clownball

got em

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a neat cape posted:

WRs and QBs begging/calling for flags is the dumbest thing and should be flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct if they do it

Please remind me again Ross...

Is a certain Mr. Philip Rivers a professional football player in the Quarterback position?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pubic works project posted:

Please remind me again Ross...

Is a certain Mr. Philip Rivers a professional football player in the Quarterback position?

It annoys me when he does it too

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers are going to lose on Thursday.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Niners couldn't hit for poo poo against Manziel. His curveball was nasty that day.

Also the NFL flagging Davis' TD celebration (the jumpshot) when they've literally used it in commercials and highlight packages is some next level bullshit.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Leon Einstein posted:

Packers are going to lose on Thursday.

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize it was a Thursday game. Only four days to unfuck Aaron's head? :lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So Browns are gonna go 0-16, right?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Browns are gonna go 0-16, right?

do they have a cleo lemon game in them?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Sounds about right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Texans CB/2015 first round pick Kevin Johnson broke his foot again, out indefinitely

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

It annoys me when he does it too

Sometimes egregiously uncalled penalties occur.

I feel you though, seems like every time a catch it made or not made, a CB or a WR is looking at a line judge pantomiming throwing a flag.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chilichimp posted:

I feel you though, seems like every time a catch it made or not made, a CB or a WR is looking at a line judge pantomiming throwing a flag.

I think this is more the rules' fault than the players' fault, really

There's so many ticky tack things that can be called that players are conditioned to expect a flag on a big catch or no-catch (especially if the Packers are involved :v:), might as well look to the ref right away to see if a flag is gonna come out

gently caress Peyton Manning and Bill Polian

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Calling for a flag is no different than when receivers come up pretending they caught the ball when everyone knows it hit the ground, or when sideline players/coaches insist a catch was in/out when it was easily out/in. Do everything you can to win as long as it isn't illegal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since we're griping about stuff. Shout out to whomever at the passport office fat fingered in my first name so 10 hours before my flight I get to haul my rear end into Boston to get it fixed

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gynecolojustice posted:

Calling for a flag is no different than when receivers come up pretending they caught the ball when everyone knows it hit the ground, or when sideline players/coaches insist a catch was in/out when it was easily out/in. Do everything you can to win as long as it isn't illegal

*Crosses your name off list of posters who are Bill Belichick*

drat.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

*Crosses your name off list of posters who are Bill Belichick*

drat.

Or how the ball carrier puts the ball on the ground a full yard past where it was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not mad though because holy poo poo does the patriots offense kick rear end right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Flikken posted:

Or how the ball carrier puts the ball on the ground a full yard past where it was.

It's really funny when defensive players move it back though. Like that gif of the jets dude and some running back swapping it back and forth

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh yeah congrats on not having to face one of the only 2 good QBs the Pats have to face on their entire schedule. As per usual.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Oh yeah congrats on not having to face one of the only 2 good QBs the Pats have to face on their entire schedule. As per usual.

Imagine the Seahawks or Packers playing in the AFC instead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Can't say I'm too sad about that. I'm gonna be on hotel wifi in Hong Kong though so I'm pretty iffy to actually get to see the game. Unless I can find a sports bar that's open all night

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Can't say I'm too sad about that. I'm gonna be on hotel wifi in Hong Kong though so I'm pretty iffy to actually get to see the game. Unless I can find a sports bar that's open all night

I'm sure there's something open in Hong Kong.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

It's really funny when defensive players move it back though. Like that gif of the jets dude and some running back swapping it back and forth

You would think the refs would be wise to that, then I remember a ref awarding a fumble to a team in a scrum while the ball was clearly being held in the air by a player not even in the scrum.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

Imagine the Seahawks or Packers playing in the AFC instead.

Seahawks 14-2
Packers 8-8

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Seahawks 14-2
Packers 8-8

Seahawks are in the South, Packers are in the East?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think the answer to bad primetime games is to only schedule divisional games during primetime but also to never schedule AFCS games ever.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Am I a bad opinion haver for thinking Ryan Clark is a good quality talking head on espn?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a new study bible! posted:

I think the answer to bad primetime games is to only schedule divisional games during primetime but also to never schedule AFCS games ever.

Make the #1 overall team, the Vikings, the primetime game every Sunday. Problem solved.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The only thing that bothers me more than players whining for a flag is when there's a fumble or false start and all the players on both teams start pointing. What the gently caress are you doing? The refs don't care which team is pointing more.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Championship belt prime time games. The winner of the previous week's gets to have that day of prime time until someone else takes it from them.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Overall this season so far has just felt off, like the entire league has this weird cloud hanging over it impacting a ton of games.

I don't necessarily think it's all due to the celebration rules but it feels like there's something out of place leaguewide

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Goodell is killing your childhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

Overall this season so far has just felt off, like the entire league has this weird cloud hanging over it impacting a ton of games.

I don't necessarily think it's all due to the celebration rules but it feels like there's something out of place leaguewide

The Curse knows no bounds

• Locked thread