Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Which part of the EU is G Gundam? Asking for a friend.

The Jedi Price stuff obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Tag and bink are dead is g Gundam.

Unicorn is Skippy the jedi Droid.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, I really am looking forward to the movie and crossing my fingers we'll get a slightly more focused less main character obsessed EU for the future with it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tag and bink are dead is g Gundam.

Unicorn is Skippy the jedi Droid.

But Gundam has Tag & Bink stuff already with a shitload of gag manga.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Rochallor posted:

This is going to be the best sci-fi movie Forest Whitaker's done since Battlefield Earth.
ker-BANGO? Heh heh

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, I really am looking forward to the movie and crossing my fingers we'll get a slightly more focused less main character obsessed EU for the future with it.

If you've been following the comics at all, we are about to get a Dr Aphra solo comic written by Kieron Gillen. Which is hopefully a good sign for the EU to come.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SeanBeansShako posted:

The Jedi Price stuff obviously.

"I rebel."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

If you've been following the comics at all, we are about to get a Dr Aphra solo comic written by Kieron Gillen. Which is hopefully a good sign for the EU to come.

Nice, big fan of the man he was one of my favourites when he wrote for UK PC Gamer back in the day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Trojan Kaiju posted:

G-Canon, obviously

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gm cannon? Those things sucked!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The most activity this thread has seen in months and it's because somebody decided to stink it up.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

The most activity this thread has seen in months and it's because somebody decided to stink it up.

You know you can speculate more about the newly posted trailer right? nobody going to stop you man.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So blind staff guy is totally a jedi in hiding. Only question is if he's going to use the lightsaber hidden in his staff.

Whats the over/under on Jan being Rey's mom or otherwise connected to the new trilogy?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kind of hope he sticks with the staff, it would be honestly more drat impressive.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Canemacar posted:

Whats the over/under on Jan being Rey's mom or otherwise connected to the new trilogy?

Four.

But I did post in the CD thread about the "Jyn as Rey's mom" thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Kind of hope he sticks with the staff, it would be honestly more drat impressive.

He uses a staff because his lightsaber is meant for a more civilized age. Also, Donnie Yen is totally going to go into a duel with Vader in the film to buy time for the others to complete their mission.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Arcsquad12 posted:

He uses a staff because his lightsaber is meant for a more civilized age. Also, Donnie Yen is totally going to go into a duel with Vader in the film to buy time for the others to complete their mission.

If that happens, I might just lose my goddamn mind.

I hope Vader's got a good part in this film. I really don't want his small appearances in the trailer to be it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

We honestly need something that is the opposite of Obi-Wan's sacrifice in terms of old Jedi on former Jedi fights.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

We honestly need something that is the opposite of Obi-Wan's sacrifice in terms of old Jedi on former Jedi fights.

How do you mean? Like some schlubs take the bullet so the jedi escapes? The closest I've seen to that is Trask ulgo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

How do you mean? Like some schlubs take the bullet so the jedi escapes? The closest I've seen to that is Trask ulgo.

I mean in terms of an old Jedi can kick rear end a lot more impressively that lightly awkwardly tapping lightsabers with the bad rear end cyborg dude that killed loads of dudes like that. Even if Obi-Wan is playing for time, It still looks quite silly.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Casimir Radon posted:

Has anyone started reading Ahsoka yet? I didn't preorder and now Amazon is out of stock.

I thought it was OK, but I've only ever seen a handful of random clone wars episodes. A lot of the book was her remembering things that happened in the show so I didn't get all of the references.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Someone in C-SPAM found this gem on Wookiepedia:

mormonpartyboat posted:

Vader wore a ribbed, padded, multi-ply body glove that covered everything below his neck. This flexible, quilted suit was blast-dampening, and was made of a fireproof material that provided some protection against flames and corrosive gasses. There was also a gasket within a suit that accesses the cartridge containing kouhunin chemicals to lessen Vader's perception of pain. The suit was also lined with sensors plugged to diagnostic systems to monitor Vader's pulmonary, respiratory, and neural interfaces and feed the data to the central chest box. The suit's temperature is likewise regulated via a heating unit installed on the back.[10] On his hands he wore black gloves,[5] the right glove being a Mandalorian crushgaunt fitted around one of Lord Kaan's indestructible Sith amulets, and modified to include grip-augmentation circuitry.[16][10] The gloves, or more accurately gauntlets,

Yep! Someone had to fit "The Glove of Darth Vader" into the overall canon

EDIT: Anyone got a copy of the Bounty Hunter Wars backstab chart?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 16, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

We should probably just put it in the OP

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 16, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SirPhoebos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SirPhoebos posted:

That would be Abel Peña, one of the writers of a lot of reference and RPG material who loved inserting references to obscure or otherwise ignored works. He did a lot of other stuff with Glove of Darth Vader as well.

thrawn527 posted:

"I rebel."
Why is R2 wearing a pope hat?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

He and 3PO were disguised so they could go to an Empire rally.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Lord Hydronium posted:

That would be Abel Peña, one of the writers of a lot of reference and RPG material who loved inserting references to obscure or otherwise ignored works. He did a lot of other stuff with Glove of Darth Vader as well.

Looks like Q9-X2 but I don't remember him being in the Jedi Prince books.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

On a suspiciously not a potatoroid Kessel.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

On a suspiciously not a potatoroid Kessel.

Just more evidence that the new Disney canon is actually based around Glove of Darth Vader!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Has anyone started reading Ahsoka yet? I didn't preorder and now Amazon is out of stock.

I just finished reading it, and I enjoyed it. It was a pretty quick read, and not mind blowing, but another decent entry in the new canon.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Casimir Radon posted:

Ah yes, it's all coming back...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Ah yes, it's all coming back...

DARK GREETINGS

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Vader: "I have no time for you, old man." [starts force choking Chirrut]
Chirrut: [gasping] "Good, this will take but a moment." [triggers explosives on his belt and staff]

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In all honesty though, as cool as it would be to see a duel between Donnie Yen and Darth Vader, I think Vader needs to curbstomp him. So much of the EU pussified Vader to the point where he was a walking corpse. He needs a good win under his belt.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You'll probably get your wish. I doubt any of the main characters are gonna make it to the end credits.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

I just finished reading it, and I enjoyed it. It was a pretty quick read, and not mind blowing, but another decent entry in the new canon.
The Ashley Eckstein narrated audiobook finally showed up on Audible a couple days after the book released, with no real announcement.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You'll probably get your wish. I doubt any of the main characters are gonna make it to the end credits.

I have a big feeling that the scene in the trailer of the ship outrunning a wall of rock and dust is actually them trying to escape a Death Star test fire attempt that merely causes the planet to implode rather than kaboom. I'd be down with their fates either being sealed by that, or leaving it a mystery as to whether the ship escaped.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

The Ashley Eckstein narrated audiobook finally showed up on Audible a couple days after the book released, with no real announcement.
Y'know, I've never tried Audible before...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Supposedly, part of the reason for reshoots is that there's a sequence where Vader turns into a slasher movie villain on a Rebel strike team and Disney thought it was too intense and scary for the younger audience.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Supposedly, part of the reason for reshoots is that there's a sequence where Vader turns into a slasher movie villain on a Rebel strike team and Disney thought it was too intense and scary for the younger audience.

Awwwwwwwww.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
That's the beginning of Lords of the Sith too. It's a cool scene, it'd be nice to see it in a movie.