Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Cautiously optimistic. Both episodes have been...good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Aphrodite posted:

It's supposed to lead to him asking Ollie for help, which presumably brings him back.

It sort of looked to me like the Diggle stuff was a flashback for some reason. Not sure why I thought that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Kilson posted:

It sort of looked to me like the Diggle stuff was a flashback for some reason. Not sure why I thought that.

For me it's the blue filter they had over everything. Gave me mad flashback vibes.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Hollismason posted:

Diggles advice in this episode is loving teerrrrrrrrible. " Don't worry about right or wrong just follow orders!"

I kinda thought his advice sprang from his bad experiences on Team Arrow. He's trying hard to lean into a comfortable Good vs. Evil mindset after the moral ambiguity of working with Ollie for several years.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He's not joking. Though it's Flashpoint bullshit.

Flashpoint done gone undid. Unless Arrow is still back on Timeline #2 or whatever, if Laurel comes back, it's for good.

If they give her the Black Siren CGI effect and a similar (comparatively) subdued costume I will be back on this poo poo like yesterday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint done gone undid.

No it didn't.

He left the Flashpoint universe. But he explicitly failed to return things to how they were. It's all a setup for more changes revealed down the line.

It is supposed to be Laurel and not just Black Siren though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just caught a trailer for next week's Arrow. Are they doing Snowflame of all people?
E: Wait, that's Cody Rhodes

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 14, 2016

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint done gone undid. Unless Arrow is still back on Timeline #2 or whatever, if Laurel comes back, it's for good.

Worth noting for anyone who doesn't watch The Flash, the only difference for Arrow since Flashpoint is that Diggle's daughter has been replaced by a 4 year old son, which I guess means he and Lyla were never on the outs? And Barry has decided to leave the timeline alone (for now) so that might actually stick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It'll remain until a out of their mind feminist loses their poo poo over it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Diggle had a son in Legends of Tomorrow anyways. :shrug:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Barry Allen: Literal Sexist Babykiller

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Be real with me -- does LoT s1 get better? I think I've seen up to episode 7/8 but kind of fell off. Is it worth watching so I at least know what's going on in s2/why cold is back on Flash?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Be real with me -- does LoT s1 get better? I think I've seen up to episode 7/8 but kind of fell off. Is it worth watching so I at least know what's going on in s2/why cold is back on Flash?

No.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Season 2 they seem to have abandoned trying to be responsible custodians of Time and just Mr. Mcgoo their way into saving the time stream . Also they seem committed to Sara Lance: Time Lesbian which is great.

But no, I wouldn't say you need to see the remainder of Season 1 because I didn't and seem to be doing fine.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

It does not get better really.

https://youtu.be/b95uzAfRET4
A much better implementation of series designated villian escapes every week than LoT managed.
Makes me really want a Danger 5 season 3.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

omg chael crash posted:

The LoT s1 finale is one of the greatest feat of stupid television put to film. "We must kill him in three different time periods, simultaneously.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Doktor Per posted:

The LoT s1 finale is one of the greatest feat of stupid television put to film. "We must kill him in three different time periods, simultaneously.

They just copied the Star Trek:TNG finale.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Black Siren, Mr. Terrific, Wild Dig, Ragman, The Human Target - it occurs to me that Arrow is actually learning from the big budget errors of the previous season [Magic and Metas] and the Superman vs Batman flop and trying to go smaller. Hell, it almost strokes me a they're attempting a lower budget variation on 'Batman & The Outsiders'. Yes, for those of you who remember the reference, I'm not implying a literal adaptation and for those of you who don't get the reference, they were the not-JLA 'street' team Batman assembled at one point w/ great success (and many had powers).

Oliver Queen & his rag tag band of vigilantes is an appealing notion for at least half of this season. I'd love to see Nemisis in the mix as well if possible. We're already getting Vigilante .

For those of you driven nuts by Felicity getting to keep the apartment, I'm driven to distraction that City Hall suspiciously is using the same green marble floor tiling of Queen Consolidated/STAR Labs.

oh and then there's this...

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

omg chael crash posted:

Nope.

It is stupid fun, with a heavy emphasis on stupid. The stories rarely make any sense at all, and contribute nothing which will help you fill in any gaps in understanding of the overall plot of any of the other shows. You can safely skip it if you aren't into Wentworth Miller or Caity Lotz.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

EricFate posted:

Nope.

It is stupid fun, with a heavy emphasis on stupid. The stories rarely make any sense at all, and contribute nothing which will help you fill in any gaps in understanding of the overall plot of any of the other shows. You can safely skip it if you aren't into Wentworth Miller or Caity Lotz.

Also, this week they set some nazis on fire.

If that doesn't sell you immediately then no, this is not the show for you.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hey, guys? Um, I think Flashpoint may have affected more than we thought.

I've been looking through the posts in this thread, and apparently I quit watching this season? I definitely remember watching the episodes so far. Barry might have hosed up worse than we thought :ohdear:

Seriously though confirmed they're bringing Laurel back in some form, I'm back on board :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The fake Canary from last season is going to be Artemis, not Black Siren.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Last season was a bit crap, but this season is kicking rear end so far. I'm so happy🐼

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

The fake Canary from last season is going to be Artemis, not Black Siren.

Well yeah, but they've already flat announced Laurel's back, and we've already hit the reset button from Flashpoint.

If they kill her off again though I will laugh and laugh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but he's talking about the current members.

Laurel probably isn't going to be full time when she comes back anyway.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I guess the reason the statue looks nothing like Katie Cassidy is due to flashpoint changing how Laurel looked.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My prediction is that one of the new guys is gonna almost get killed, Oliver is gonna go see Laurel's statue to wonder if he's doing the right thing, and then, very softly, he'll hear a whisper, "...oil can..."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oil...icity...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
In the crossover they fight Majin Buu and learn that he turned Laurel into that chocolate statue and she's been spending 12 episodes eating her way to freedom.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

Oil...icity...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

pee out my butt posted:

In the crossover they fight Majin BuuRas A Lghul and learn that he turned Laurel into that Dharhk chocolate statue and she's been spending 12 episodes eating her way to freedom.

FIXED!

Or changed, at least.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Finally caught up last night and mostly agree with the general consensus that it's better than last season so far. One thing that is killing me is the whole "no secrets" bullshit. It totally makes sense that Oliver wouldn't want to reveal who he is to these people right away, they don't really know these people at all. It admittedly worked out ok in the end as it is a good way for them to trust him but the whole thing about Felicity and Curtis being so mad about it felt like an extreme overreaction. Speaking of Felicity, the queen of "no secrets, ever" is certainly doing a band up job of keeping her own. She has a boyfriend that either lives in Oliver's old loft or at least has a key, that from what I can gather from the episodes, no one knows about. Secret boyfriend doesn't know what she does with her spare time (is it even spare time at this point?). She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Overall the comic book action side of things is pretty good but the relationship drama continues to drag the show down.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kilson posted:

But it can't be since evil general talked about genesis day and magic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ouhei posted:

Speaking of Felicity, the queen of "no secrets, ever" is certainly doing a band up job of keeping her own. She has a boyfriend that either lives in Oliver's old loft or at least has a key, that from what I can gather from the episodes, no one knows about. Secret boyfriend doesn't know what she does with her spare time (is it even spare time at this point?). She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Felicity Smoak, huge hypocrite? Why I never!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ouhei posted:

Finally caught up last night and mostly agree with the general consensus that it's better than last season so far. One thing that is killing me is the whole "no secrets" bullshit. It totally makes sense that Oliver wouldn't want to reveal who he is to these people right away, they don't really know these people at all. It admittedly worked out ok in the end as it is a good way for them to trust him but the whole thing about Felicity and Curtis being so mad about it felt like an extreme overreaction. Speaking of Felicity, the queen of "no secrets, ever" is certainly doing a band up job of keeping her own. She has a boyfriend that either lives in Oliver's old loft or at least has a key, that from what I can gather from the episodes, no one knows about. Secret boyfriend doesn't know what she does with her spare time (is it even spare time at this point?). She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Overall the comic book action side of things is pretty good but the relationship drama continues to drag the show down.

She went to visit him at work so it doesn't seem that secret.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Chokes McGee posted:

Also, this week they set some nazis on fire.

This is your pitch?

How about "This week while most of the team was trying to keep Louis XVI from being murdersassinated by laser-gun-armed Inquisition-type dudes, Sara Lance was busy seducing Louis' soon-to-be wife"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds terrible.

Just stealing scripts from the Doctor Who dumpster I guess.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Sounds terrible.

Just stealing scripts from the Doctor Who dumpster I guess.

The difference between Doctor Who and Legends of Time is that I think with this season the Legends of Time writers realized that the show they're making is stupid

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

This is your pitch?

How about "This week while most of the team was trying to keep Louis XVI from being murdersassinated by laser-gun-armed Inquisition-type dudes, Sara Lance was busy seducing Louis' soon-to-be wife"

They. Set. Nazis. On. Fire.

gently caress yes that's my pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Chokes McGee posted:

Felicity Smoak, huge hypocrite? Why I never!

I know, I too, am shocked.

I just find the whole situation with her still around awkward as hell in general.

Aphrodite posted:

She went to visit him at work so it doesn't seem that secret.

There has been no mention of him amongst team arrow, there was even a line in one of the episodes (I watched back to back so they blend) where someone asks Oliver if going back to normal means he and Felicity get back together and he says he doesn't know. They can of course change this at any point but in the first 2 episodes we have 0 indication that Oliver or anyone else on the team knows about this guy.

• Locked thread