Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cythereal posted:

Didn't the dev talk about adding post-marriage events for 1.1 that then got dropped?

CA has about a million things he's either wanted to implement or started implementing but it's not in a playable state yet (spouse weapons for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want to use Shane's Polearm Of Might and it's just a bunch of beer cans stacked on top of each other

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Do I have to sign up for the Beta to get the new content?

Do I have to start a new game?

The new farm layouts are New Game only, but everything else is available with your old file.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I just wanna hire Shane and Kent - Honest work and good pay goes a shitton towards healthy self-esteem.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Omnicarus posted:

And you can make Truffles the only crop you need. A barn of pigs will find between 15k and 30k of truffles a day. An iridium truffle is actually worth more than truffle oil.
I think that's only true if for some reason you didn't go the Artisan route with farming. Admittedly, it's not a huge markup -- you get 1250 for an iridium truffle, but 1491 for an artisan-grade truffle oil.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

WarpedNaba posted:

I just wanna hire Shane and Kent - Honest work and good pay goes a shitton towards healthy self-esteem.

Kent sent me a bomb in the mail. Where is the town police anyway?

Edit: Probably Kent himself in a future patch.

Also RIP Demitrius with Kent as town Sheriff.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 17, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zephyrine posted:

Kent sent me a bomb in the mail. Where is the town police anyway?

Edit: Probably Kent himself in a future patch.

Also RIP Demitrius with Kent as town Sheriff.

"But Tomatoes are a frui-"

Kent: *Has flashbacks about being tortured with Tomatoes* "WHOA WHOA WHOA Put that fucker down!" *bang*

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Supremezero posted:

"But Tomatoes are a frui-"

Kent: *Has flashbacks about being tortured with Tomatoes* "WHOA WHOA WHOA Put that fucker down!" *bang*

And no one who saw that scene would convict him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

And no one who saw that scene would convict him.

well yeah, it's a cop shooting a black guy

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Really Pants posted:

:vince:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Really Pants posted:

:drat:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I picked this up last night (finally) and good Lord I haven't been this addicted since I was a kid on the first Harvest Moon.

Should I dick around on my first playthrough and go for complete Min-Max the second time around, or is it not that hard the first time?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dick around! There's no time limit and you can reset the game's 'ending', so do whatever and have fun.

e: There is one missable: Sam has a heart event you can only see on Year One. I think it's the three heart one, and you see it in summer. Youtube it if you're past that though, it's not super important.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 17, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's really easy to feel pressured to do tons because you have options at first but seriously, just take things at your own pace and enjoy! Don't worry about going overboard just yet.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Just play it the way you feel like playing. For me this is a game where I wanna chill and build pretty farm things and I don't have any interest in going minmax but if you wanna do that then go hog wild. You really don't have to though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I had everything planned out on the farm planners. Then my friends pointed at me and laughed. Since then I've let things flow much more organically. I ended up making a fruit orchard with a campfire in the middle with nice decorations. And since this is the riverlands map I started the "isle of fermentation" where I started my preservation jar and keg operation. That has since moved to some shacks but I still am fond of the idea and hum "Pure Imagination" when I walk past it.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Elukka posted:

Just play it the way you feel like playing. For me this is a game where I wanna chill and build pretty farm things and I don't have any interest in going minmax but if you wanna do that then go hog wild. You really don't have to though.

Yeah, I just did some reading after playing it last night and it was all about "mining is worthless, do nothing but make wine" and I was a little concerned that, if I don't go the cash money route, the game will prove too much of a grind.

But gently caress that, I love mining, and killing poo poo, and I want chickens. Can you actually be a wizard? I just met him for the first time, I think I'm 16 days in total.

This game owns so hard. Such a breath of fresh air compared to No Man's Sky, I was so disappointed.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

crime fighting hog posted:

Yeah, I just did some reading after playing it last night and it was all about "mining is worthless, do nothing but make wine" and I was a little concerned that, if I don't go the cash money route, the game will prove too much of a grind.

But gently caress that, I love mining, and killing poo poo, and I want chickens. Can you actually be a wizard? I just met him for the first time, I think I'm 16 days in total.

This game owns so hard. Such a breath of fresh air compared to No Man's Sky, I was so disappointed.

"Do nothing but make wine"? Good lord, no, that's boring. I fish a lot, and it may not be the world's most perfect minmax setup, but who cares! I like selling carp by the dozen! I'm saving up for a stable now that I have my axe upgraded enough to get more hardwood, and I don't feel deprived or bored because I'm having fun.

Chickens are great, man. Fried eggs are great snacks for mining trips, mayo sells well, and they're just really cute. Makes sure you build a silo soon, though, so you can store a lot of hay!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Now that I have a metric fuckton of berries to keep my jelly and wine operation going I am considering selling my cows and goats in favor of pigs.

Are they useless during the winter? Figured they would stay inside the whole time.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
You can have void chickens and make spooky evil mayo. Or get lucky and find a dinosaur egg which hatches a dinosaur that clucks.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I wish to make the dinosaur ranch

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSlam posted:

I wish to make the dinosaur ranch

It's makes me sad the dinosaur stays so little :(

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Someone asked pages ago: Having Robin's ax and Linus's basket in your Fair display does not cause a reaction. Only Lewis's underwe weird red lettuce does.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dinosaurs are the best! They're adorable, they only lay one type of egg, and it sells for more than gold star mayonnaise. Or, since all the villagers inexplicably hate being given dinosaur eggs, throw them in the machine and make friends with mayonnaise!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

This train of thought fails to mention that you need to mine in order to make wine anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sono posted:

Someone asked pages ago: Having Robin's ax and Linus's basket in your Fair display does not cause a reaction. Only Lewis's underwe weird red lettuce does.

drat. Well I know what I want CA to put in for the next patch then!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Sono posted:

Someone asked pages ago: Having Robin's ax and Linus's basket in your Fair display does not cause a reaction.

CJacobs posted:

drat. Well I know what I want CA to put in for the next patch then!

Linus just looks at the screen as it slowly zooms in.
"Why? Why would you do this? Why?"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What accessories work well for the dungeons? Seems like iridium band/burglar ring are the best combo. The vampire ring is nice, but is easily replaced by carrying a bit of extra food.

And what's a good replacement for the burglar ring outside of combat?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

it's important to keep in mind that by the game's standards, 1 million gold in 2 years is the upper mark for prosperity. which is to say, after you've made 1MM bux it stops giving you credit for making bux. you strictly speaking don't even need to make it in 2 years, even that's just to make it in time for your first free evaluation, which you can trigger again at any time by using a Diamond.

there's literally no task you can undertake in the game that will not make you 1 million in 2 years if you're diligent about it. you could do nothing but farm bats in the mines and hit that. so if you don't care to become a lovely sonoma valley knockoff then don't be one, do whatever the gently caress you want to do.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have never considered comparing Stardew Valley to No Man's Sky before

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Meridian posted:

Now that I have a metric fuckton of berries to keep my jelly and wine operation going I am considering selling my cows and goats in favor of pigs.

Are they useless during the winter? Figured they would stay inside the whole time.
Yeah, pigs take Winter off. It's actually kind of nice if you're already flush with cash, since it saves you a trip to the barn.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

That was probably just the last game he played tbh.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

If I grow trellis crops do they need to be in rows or can I push past them if I grow them in blocks?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Trebuchet King posted:

If I grow trellis crops do they need to be in rows or can I push past them if I grow them in blocks?

You can't push past them, no. But if you have the Scythe Harvesting mod, you can use that and harvest through them.

Of course, you'd need an upgraded watering can anyway to water them, but hey.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Its amazing how similar NMS is, when you think about it. And its double amazing how much WORSE NMS is than the sprite-based game built by a single person.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What accessories work well for the dungeons? Seems like iridium band/burglar ring are the best combo. The vampire ring is nice, but is easily replaced by carrying a bit of extra food.

Two iridium bands :eng101:

On my first playthrough I used the slime ring instead of the second Iridium band because immunity to slimes makes the skull cavern easier (the ring makes you immune to the slowing effect as well)

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

MrSlam posted:

Linus just looks at the screen as it slowly zooms in.
"Why? Why would you do this? Why?"

Better yet, while you're talking to Lewis to set him off judging the displays, Linus comes along and is all "Oh THERE'S my basket" and swipes everything else on the stand while he's at it. Lewis just sees your empty display stand and gets incredibly confused.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Two iridium bands :eng101:

On my first playthrough I used the slime ring instead of the second Iridium band because immunity to slimes makes the skull cavern easier (the ring makes you immune to the slowing effect as well)

Huh, I would have assumed the burglar's band would be the best first option. If it's basically another roll at loot, including iridium from purple slimes, how does a second iridium band outweigh that? The glow and magnetism stack, but one does the job. Another 10% dmg is nice, but with only a few swings per enemy that won't be decisive :shrug:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Huh, I would have assumed the burglar's band would be the best first option. If it's basically another roll at loot, including iridium from purple slimes, how does a second iridium band outweigh that? The glow and magnetism stack, but one does the job. Another 10% dmg is nice, but with only a few swings per enemy that won't be decisive :shrug:

I run Iridium band and Burglar's band. Loot is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The real iridium comes from going in there with 100 bombs and just blowing up, magnet pulling everything and then heading to the next floor while mostly ignoring enemies.