Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

sucks to your rear end-mar posted:

I would probably not eat brownies that guy made for me even if they looked hella tasty.

C'mon, who you kidding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like how the only person to have called the police amidst all these murder schemes and child molestations is the lady whose brother peed on her bed.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 17, 2016

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

HardDiskD posted:

I think my (F38) ex (M40) is planning to kill someone

OOh, what if he's planning to commit suicide and frame her for his murder?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

he's 21, she's 18, and they're in the same class in school? so either this girl's been in college since she was 14 or that guy's a 21 year old high schooler

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I like how the only person to have called the police amidst all these murder schemes and child molestation is the dude whose brother peed on his bed.

Can this be the thread title?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

he's 21, she's 18, and they're in the same class in school? so either this girl's been in college since she was 14 or that guy's a 21 year old high schooler

One of his responses includes the phrase "Who gets to marry their highschool sweetheart anyway..." So he's not dating female Doogie Howser I'm pretty sure

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It was a woman whose brother peed in her bed

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was a bit unsure about that, but in my defense, it was like several pages ago and I didn't want to doublecheck.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

gentle pete posted:

My parents (60F/62M) has all but forced me (27MTF) out of the family because my presence triggers my sister (24F)

Rather complicated situation here and I'm not sure if I can do it justice, but I'll do my best.

My sister and I both have serious health issues. I have PTSD, high functioning autism and gender dysphoria (MTF), while she has extreme depression, PTSD and chronic migraines. For as long as I can remember they've always put her needs ahead of mine to a ridiculous extend, and accomidated her in ways they refused to for me (For example, I was not allowed to transition until I moved out of the house for fear it'd upset her, and they let her lounge around the house doing nothing while I'm still required to go to school and get a degree).

The last year, they've gone to the step of basically prohibiting me from being involved in family activities at all, refusing me to come over to their home, even on holidays, and saying I can't go anywhere my sister goes because just being around her apparently is a trigger for her. They won't tell me why that is (from what I've gathered by reading between the lines, it apparently has to do with something that happened when we were both in elementary school) nor will they consider any alternatives or compromises to the situation.

The trick is to just save a whole jar of trans people for a month and then tip the jar over her at dinner.

MageMage fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 17, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This relationship seems destined for success.

quote:

I'm (29m)a viet dating a black girl(25f) who accused me the other night of liking her better with curly hair because she is appears weaker.

We've been together for about 3 weeks. She got her hair straightened 3 days ago. This is the first time I've seen her with straight hair. This came completely out of left field for me and I was a little offended but assured her that I like her for her personality so I would like her no matter how her hair is styled. But she seemed genuinely upset at the time. Is this a cultural thing? Was it something I said?

As a side note: The other day I asked her if she liked my haircut in a video text and she sent me a video saying she didn't and that I shouldn't have cut my hair. I replied back sarcastically "man stop talking poo poo😂😂" because I thought she was kidding. She told me later that night if I don't want her opinion don't ask for it. And I was thrown off but later she said oh I didn't know you we're being sarcastic but I thought it was pretty clear that I was?
We've never had problems before this and we get along great so I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong. Thanks guys

tl;dr: My girlfriend recently got her hair straightened and after got upset at me for liking her better (as a person) with curly hair than with straight hair. I am not sure what happene

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Boyfriend (36/M) wants to downgrade our relationship back to casual. I'm heartbroken (36/F) about this and don't know how I should be taking this news. I know I'm handling it wrong though.

Been seeing each other since February 2015 on a casual basis. He works away and we only saw each other a small amount last year. This year we got a little more serious. I thought that we were starting to develop feelings for each other. When the time came for him to go working again I kept pushing him to have a talk about where we were going, what would happen while he was away. He was reluctant to have the discussion and reluctant to commit. I asked him outright if he wanted to be in an exclusive relationship and he said "it would be nice but I can't ask you to wait around". I said I wanted to and would do and that was that.

He came home for the winter time last month and we planned a trip together. Before the trip he was quiet and it got to the point I was outright asking what was wrong with him. He kept saying he was busy at work and didn't have time to reply.

On the trip we had a brilliant time. Every day was perfect. I forgot I was worried about us and decided it must have been work stress. One day we were laying around our apartment and he kept pushing me to go out to the local bar. I said I didn't really fancy a beer just yet and kept saying I wanted to just relax but he insisted. We got out and after a few drinks he ended our relationship. Sat in a beer garden, surrounded by strangers.

I was devastated. I am an emotional person and I immediately felt tears. He was waffling on and I could barely hear. I just wanted to leave. I felt like everyone was watching this car crash.

We went for a walk on the beach and tried to talk. I was still sobbing like a little bitch and couldn't form sentences. I just stopped talking. He waffled on and on trying to fill the silence.

He basically said it's not me it's him. He doesn't think a relationship is possible. He doesn't want that. He says he wants to live in a different country and there may be opportunities for him to work on the other side of the world and he wants to apply for that. He says I don't want that. (He's never asked what I want). He says we aren't in love (I think I am). He cried too. Said we are amazing friends and he didn't want to lose that. He said I am "the best friend he has". We decided that we would have some time apart and then go back to the friend thing.

I messaged him on the day we got home because I was miserable without him and feeling sorry for myself and he said we should talk face to face and not via messaging. We arranged to meet the very first night he was home from work a week later. Just as we would have if we were still together. We met at a hotel, we talked and drank. Again he said we wasn't in love and that he didn't want a relationship. However "boxsets and poo poo there's no one I would rather be with". After the chat it was like nothing changed. We watched some boxsets and poo poo, we people watched and belly laughed. We had sex (I know). We spoke about doing stuff in the future, I'm buying a house and he was offering to help with things in the house. It was just like before. He has text me every day since, which he didn't do before.

That was this weekend. This morning I'm devastated again. I've cried all the way to work and I'm struggling to hold it together.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to cut him out of my life because I genuinely saw him as part of my future. You know, potential husband material. We are great friends and I've never felt so comfortable with a man.

However, he is going to go away again and he has outright said he doesn't want a relationship but he is happy to talk all day long and have sex. He's getting all the good bits and I'm getting no commitment.

I don't want to tell him I love him after he has told me he doesn't love me. I haven't reached out to him, he has been the first to text all week and that's unusual. I want us to be a happy, normal couple that wake up next to each other each day and that's very unlikely.

What do I do? How do I feel better? I'd love to say how do I make him realise how fabulous we were but I'm not a little girl anymore and realise my options are pretty much limited to sucking this up.

Sorry for the wall of text. I haven't really talked this through with anyone as yet.

Tl;dr Boyfriend doesn't see a future for us but wants to boxset and bang.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lockback posted:

I cannot for the life of me parse anything meaningful from that story.

Lockback posted:

I'm (29m)a viet dating a black girl(25f) who accused me the other night of liking her better with curly hair because she is appears weaker.

What?

Lockback posted:

This is the first time I've seen her with straight hair. This came completely out of left field for me and I was a little offended

What?!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lockback posted:

Nothing better than a partner who freely offers criticism but cannot take any in return. Like, combine this lady with the "sore loser tantrum" one and the "superior to normies" lady and, boy, I'm getting excited just thinking of it!!

I didn't read all the way through since it just seems like a run-of-the-mill "my relationship is not as serious as I thought it was" post, but any 36-year-old trying to do a netflix and chill pun deserves to be downgraded to casual.

im cute fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 17, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The warning signs were there, boxsets are like Netflix without the commitment of a monthly subscription

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lockback posted:

People are terrible (if true)

this lady wants to live in the community but didn't bother learning jack poo poo about it before moving there. make friends with the people on your lawn, goddamn.

e: this thread went some dark places.

Strep Vote fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 17, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I don't know what kind of idiot buys a dilapidated property next to a public park and is surprised that there is interference or trespassing, but I hope she embraces her inner arsonist and denies that lovely community their monumental hobo hump shack/public toilet/teenage drink n' gently caress spot permanently.

Or just install some cameras, call the police, and then sue the city when the police refuse to do anything when presented with hard evidence of criminals doing criminal poo poo.

OR just burn it all down. Move to the coast where human beings live.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Let the cat drunk stranger in

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Charge for parking.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

Charge for parking.

Two pints of blood.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Strep Vote posted:

this lady wants to live in the community but didn't bother learning jack poo poo about it before moving there. make friends with the people on your lawn, goddamn.

"people are destroying and vandalizing my property a bloo bloo"

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Lockback posted:

People are terrible (if true)

There is only one solution.

:killdozer:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh no, I missed the angry nerd chat and couldn't share my "funny" story of a former friend who tackled me down a flight of stairs over PSO.

quote:

My[23F] bf[33M] of two years won’t let me shave when he’s away
Like the title says. My bf won’t let me shave down there, or even the arms and legs while he’s away on business trips. Which like 4 times a year is several or more weeks. He says so I won’t be tempted to cheat.

I wouldn’t cheat anyway (and I don’t think some hair would deter most men if I wanted), and I’m blonde so it’s not like there’s even a whole lot of noticeable hair to begin with, I’m just worrying if it may be a sign of controlling behaviour. It also kinds sucks since I like to go to the pool and do become a bit self-conscious.

TL;DR; bf is controlling my razors.
Aside from just going to the store to buy more razors. What is it with guys and being creeps? I haven't managed to find many, if any, examples of women being much older than their partners and being really weird about it yet.

quote:

My [24/F] boyfriend [31/M] is obsessed with my body hair/constantly asking me to shave, and it's driving me nuts.
I was really hoping to find some guys with gross beards on this search.

quote:

My [20 F] boyfriend [21 M, seven months] resents me because I don't shave my armpits, but I have a legit medical reason
but there was only one beard post on the first page of the search. But it wasn't interesting or funny because it was just "I don't like his beard" "he shaved his beard".

quote:

My [26 F] petsitter/sister [27 F] shaved my dog without my permission.
:eyepop: good enough.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:

quote:

My [26 F] petsitter/sister [27 F] shaved my dog without my permission.

This raises more questions then it answers

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Agentdark posted:

This raises more questions then it answers

quote:

Jasper is my rescued wolf/husky/malamute mix. He doesn't have much wolf in him, so he's a great companion but those who are familiar with wolfdogs will know that they are easily stressed. As a result, I hire petsitters to watch him when I go away instead of kenneling him.

He LOVES my sister. So when I made it known I was going away for a couple of days, she volunteered to watch him for me. I agreed since she is responsible with her own dogs and it would save him some stress (and save me some money!)...

So, Jasper still has some of his winter coat, but it sheds naturally and leaves him with a short summer coat. It's a natural process, and after having him for 5 years I would have expected my sister would realize this. Unfortunately, when I got home, he had been shaved. She had done it herself with a pair of clippers for men.

You are really not supposed to shave a dog with a coat like his because there's a chance the coat will not come back properly. He also looks absolutely ridiculous, like a thin greyhound with a giant fluffy head. It's horrible. People who already know him and know what he used to look like are laughing at him on walks and asking me why on Earth I would do this to him. To make matters even worse she texted me this afternoon and asked me to reimburse her for the clippers because the store wouldn't take them back in used condition. She said I should do that since a professional shave costs $60, and the clippers were $20, so I saved $40.

I have not told her how upset I am. She claims she shaved him because he was "hot." He lives inside with central air!

I feel like I'm going to literally scream. I have not seen her since I got home - she was not there to greet me. I did respond to her a little bit this morning and didn't bring up the shave job. I have not responded since she asked me to pay her for the clippers.
How can I talk to her about this while saving our relationship?

tl;dr: Sister shaved my dog without permission and I'm enraged.
I am very disappointed she did not post a picture of the dog with his dumb haircut.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

quote:

[23F] bf[33M] of two years won’t let me shave when he’s away

I don't get this at all. Sure, tell your girlfriend that you'd rather she has longer hair because it looks nicer etc, but disallowing her from shaving... How broken do you have to be? :eyepop:

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

"I only shaved a dog one time with these clippers, but the assholes at the store still wouldn't take them back!"

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
How does he even manage to prevent her from shaving in the first place? She talks about not being able to shave before going swimming like there is an actual impediment and he can somehow stop her even though he's out of town.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I am very disappointed she did not post a picture of the dog with his dumb haircut.

Poor dog. I know someone who shaves their dog like that (short coat, fluffy head) and it makes their dog look even more retarded than usual.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

check out my Youtube posted:

How does he even manage to prevent her from shaving in the first place? She talks about not being able to shave before going swimming like there is an actual impediment and he can somehow stop her even though he's out of town.

Probably because if she shaves while he's away he's going to throw a fit saying that she was cheating on him and will leave her and she doesn't want that because she loves him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I don't get this at all. Sure, tell your girlfriend that you'd rather she has longer hair because it looks nicer etc, but disallowing her from shaving... How broken do you have to be? :eyepop:

Because if she decides to cheat on him with a younger guy they'll see the Pussy hair and immediately stop trying to bone her, that's the #1 defense against young horny guys

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

check out my Youtube posted:

Presumably he'd get into a big fight/argument with her if he came back from being away and she was shaved? :shrug:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlestonJew posted:

Because if she decides to cheat on him with a younger guy they'll see the Pussy hair and immediately stop trying to bone her, that's the #1 defense against young horny guys

Exactly. That's what I was thinking. As a former young horny guy and current older horny guy, not having pussy hair probably ranks in the top 3 worst possible defenses against men imaginable. Or ya know, maybe don't treat your girlfriend like poo poo???

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 18, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Gaunab posted:

Probably because if she shaves while he's away he's going to throw a fit saying that she was cheating on him and will leave her and she doesn't want that because she loves him.

WampaLord posted:

Presumably he'd get into a big fight/argument with her if he came back from being away and she was shaved? :shrug:

There is a recurring theme of people who go to insane lengths like this are actually cheaters themselves and are driven to do crazy poo poo like that by a mix of paranoia, greed, and guilt

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

People that suspect everyone to be cheaters are usually cheaters themselves.

That's why I always suspect everyone to be a secret moron.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lmao that dog story is the best, I'm glad you posted the whole thing because a grown rear end woman buying clippers from the store, shaving a dog with them and then expecting the store to take them back makes it twice as good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gaunab posted:

I think there was an episode of The League where the morally worst character on the show discovers his wife has shaved for seemingly no reason and assumes she must be cheating

lazorexplosion posted:

lmao that dog story is the best, I'm glad you posted the whole thing because a grown rear end woman buying clippers from the store, shaving a dog with them and then expecting the store to take them back makes it twice as good.

Work retail, that woman's story is surprisingly common

Khorne
May 1, 2002

lazorexplosion posted:

WalMart probably would. Not sure if they sell clippers though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It's a well known scientific fact that a giant 70s bush is a 100% deterrent to both rape and infidelity.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

scrubs season six posted:

It's a well known scientific fact that a giant 70s bush is a 100% deterrent to both rape and infidelity.

can confirm. no one will gently caress my scalp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeeesssssss, here is the good stuff

quote:

Should I (F 40’s) tell my friend that her (F 40’s) new appearance change is unflattering and will hurt her upcoming job interviews, and if I so, how do I tell her without hurting her feelings?
I have a new friend, (1 ½) year, I value her friendship and in no way want to upset her.
She moved to NYC 2 years ago as her company moved their headquarters here from Boston. So she is normally conservative. She is the #2 finance person in her firm, reports to their CFO, makes 250k+.
She is attractive/pretty/conservative dressing/style.
We had lunch yesterday, and she shaved her eyebrows and has either tattooed or inked in eyebrows above her real eyebrow line. They look terrible/weird/unsettling/freaky.
The ink/tattoo wasn't "reshaping" over her natural brow line, the new ink/tattoo was above her natural eye brow line.
I have no idea what she was thinking or why she did this.
Because I’m a senior executive in a major ad agency in NYC and hire high level managers, she asks me about interviewing advice, both content and context.
We are soon going to go shopping for the right “interview’’ suit, (I suggested St. John’s) and the right bag, (Tory Burch), but none of that will matter now, because of her face/what she did to her eyebrows.
I feel disingenuous giving her interview advice NOW because no matter what she wears it doesn’t change the problem she created. She will be interviewing for CFO and senior finance positions.
I’m in shock and genuinely concerned but I don’t want to overstep and ruin a relatively new and nice friendship.
How would you handle this?
tl;dr New friend shaved her eyebrows and inked them in, going on interviews which I know will end badly because of this new look, she is asking me for interviewing advice, we are clothes shopping for new interview suit, should I say something about her eyebrows & and if so how?