Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

:3:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

This could be a funny thread

you know, while I agree that something funny could be done with it, it's also pretty cool just hearing people's real proposal stories in this thread. every one posted so far has been awesome.

vanisher posted:

Truth time: this is my secret fear when creating new threads, that I'm reliving old posts, doomed to haunt the forums as a less funny afterimage of the posters before me

to some extent, it's true that a large numbers of ideas have been done before - but it's nbd, nobody expects you to have encyclopedic knowledge of an increasingly obscure comedy forum, and maybe something new and cool will come out of it. we like new threads here (unless they fall into a few categories that from experience don't really work, see FluffieDuckie's rules sticky), and the worst that can happen is either you get few or no responses and the thread just sort of falls off the front page, or it gets gassed in one of the moderators' housecleaning passes. in either case it's just part of the thread life cycle in the yob and shouldn't keep you from trying out an idea.

but if you have questions about a specific possible thread, you can always pm a mod/ik!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

#EngagementStories I took her to the place of our 3rd date - the pgh natural history museum!

Flashback to 3rd date: There's an incredible hall of minerals and gems with mirrored walls to make it look infinite, and we both geek out about minerals so it's extra cool and probably the best thing after the dinos. So on that date I pulled a cheesy move where I said "hey before we get to the dinosaurs, do you wanna see my favorite thing in this whole museum?" and then I turned her to look straight at one of the mirrored walls!! you see the wall itself wasn't my fav thing (though it's up there), it was her, she was my fav thing, and she was being reflected in the mirror you see

Fast forward to the actual engagement, long story short we went to the same museum and I repeated the gesture knowing she'd remember it, but this time sneakily produced a ring too :ninja:

loquacius

Ok one more update on the interview, apparently the guy whiffed hard on both of his tech interviews so we're not hiring him, but it was still valuable experience for me so v:v:v

alnilam posted:

#EngagementStories I took her to the place of our 3rd date - the pgh natural history museum!

Flashback to 3rd date: There's an incredible hall of minerals and gems with mirrored walls to make it look infinite, and we both geek out about minerals so it's extra cool and probably the best thing after the dinos. So on that date I pulled a cheesy move where I said "hey before we get to the dinosaurs, do you wanna see my favorite thing in this whole museum?" and then I turned her to look straight at one of the mirrored walls!! you see the wall itself wasn't my fav thing (though it's up there), it was her, she was my fav thing, and she was being reflected in the mirror you see

Fast forward to the actual engagement, long story short we went to the same museum and I repeated the gesture knowing she'd remember it, but this time sneakily produced a ring too :ninja:

Aww :3: I was considering using the Boston Museum of Science for either the proposal or the wedding, but I'd want to use the lightning show birdcage and she's made it clear that going up in that thing would absolutely terrify her so that was right out

I was also considering proposing up in a hot air balloon because going up in one was a lifelong dream of hers, but it turned out to be infeasible what with all the driving we'd have to do super early in the morning and the fact that they can cancel on you with no notice if it's too breezy and you have to share your balloon with like ten other people. Also, we eventually went up in one later (on our minimoon) and it turns out that I'm actually terrified of hot-air balloons once I'm in one so having the added pressure of knowing I was going to propose marriage would be the last thing I needed :v:

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
I went rock hunting at the tourmaline mine for my birthday this weekend but my wife found all the cool rocks because she is part magpie. I found a really neat hole with a rattlesnake in it and jumped down a hill, but it was cool outside so I think the snake was sleeping. I am going to my rock class tonight and will post the good stuff when I have a moment to sit down, but here is a preview. I might post stuff in my rock thread.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you got stoned on your birthday?

nice

City of Glompton

Luvcow posted:

nice

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Luvcow posted:

nice

Yeah, it rocked!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Arkanomen posted:

Yeah, it rocked!

nice, i like your stone work

deep dish peat moss

I quit smoking again and I need more hobbies that fill up 5-10 minutes of time to replace smoke breaks. So far I've only been exercising, before I was just lifting but now I'm also doing regular routine stuff like pushups and I've started running at night too. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in but I need to find other things because after too much focus on getting swole I need a break. Does anyone have any cool 5-10 minute hobbies that keep you physically engaged to share?

Manifisto

dang son you got moves like STONE cold steve austin . . . I bet you had to GRAVEL for your wife to give you the good rocks, ORE maybe you were a little BOULDER . . . but it's CRYSTAL clear you are a good match, she sounds like a GEM . . . your marriage has a good BEDROCK and wasn't just COBBLEd together . . . sorry man I don't mean to SLAG off on you, I am just IGNEOUS . . . um, losing my MARBLEs . . . erm something something SEDIMENTARY . . . okay that's all I got

deep dish peat moss

Manifisto posted:

dang son you got moves like STONE cold steve austin . . . I bet you had to GRAVEL for your wife to give you the good rocks, ORE maybe you were a little BOULDER . . . but it's CRYSTAL clear you are a good match, she sounds like a GEM . . . your marriage has a good BEDROCK and wasn't just COBBLEd together . . . sorry man I don't mean to SLAG off on you, I am just IGNEOUS . . . um, losing my MARBLEs . . . erm something something SEDIMENTARY . . . okay that's all I got

gneiss

Piso Mojado

deep dish peat moss posted:

I quit smoking again and I need more hobbies that fill up 5-10 minutes of time to replace smoke breaks. So far I've only been exercising, before I was just lifting but now I'm also doing regular routine stuff like pushups and I've started running at night too. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in but I need to find other things because after too much focus on getting swole I need a break. Does anyone have any cool 5-10 minute hobbies that keep you physically engaged to share?

:jerkbag:

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

Manifisto posted:

You are a Gneiss person and it is a Marble to share this planet with you.

deep dish peat moss

That just triggers a cigarette craving when I'm done :(

Ace of Baes

suckong on weiners

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Macnult

shadowboxing. find a mirror and throw punches at it and try to block them while countering. you learn a lot about yourself this way

don't actually hit the mirror though because it'll hurt and also doom you to seven years of bad luck.

vanisher

I like to lift... a slice of pizza to my mouth
I'm also really focused on working out... of my garage
Generally I like the to use freeweigh...ys for long distance travel by car
Jumping jacks is slang in my house for a late night run for 99c tacos
Stretching is the most important feature in pants I purchase

edit for response: have a kid they make you do tons of squats

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

maybe instead of smoking you could do 5-10 minutes of cleaning, or 5-10 minutes of being nice to yourself, or 5-10 minutes of petting somebody's good dogge.

i recommend all of the above.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

al you are a true romance and also it is good to know there are multiple other rockhounds itt because gently caress yeah i love shiny rocks. and non-shiny because there's nothing wrong with appreciating the gently caress out of something even sedimentary or igneous, nobody can judge you.

Matoi Ryuko

What kind of reflective gear/lights do you wear when you run at night?

deep dish peat moss

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What kind of reflective gear/lights do you wear when you run at night?

I have some bright orange reflective Nikes and my untanned arms that shine like the moonlight.

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
we were drunk and fooling around on her couch and i discreetly popped the ring in my mouth and then passed it into her mouth while kissing, she pulled it off her tongue and looked at it and i giggled and said something like "how bout it babe?" and she squealed and hugged me and we both laughed and continued fooling around and at some point she dropped the ring and later on she was like "ummm gently caress what did i do with that ring?" and we had to dig around in the couch to find it

we ended up splitting up though before we actually got married :( and she kept the ring which bummed me out because it was fairly expensive and i hadn't even paid it off yet

i saw her many years later and she had since married another schlubby guy who looked like an off-brand Gatekeeper which made me feel kinda good but she still had the ring, like she was still wearing it but on her right hand, and that made my tummy feel like i'd been kicked right in the fruit stand

deep dish peat moss

Soon she'll place a new ring beside it, adding to her trophy collection...

MiracleWhale

alnilam posted:

i love the "favorite thing in the whole museum" thing :3: really well done; she's lucky to have you

MiracleWhale

Gatekeeper posted:

we were drunk and fooling around on her couch and i discreetly popped the ring in my mouth and then passed it into her mouth while kissing, she pulled it off her tongue and looked at it and i giggled and said something like "how bout it babe?" and she squealed and hugged me and we both laughed and continued fooling around and at some point she dropped the ring and later on she was like "ummm gently caress what did i do with that ring?" and we had to dig around in the couch to find it

we ended up splitting up though before we actually got married :( and she kept the ring which bummed me out because it was fairly expensive and i hadn't even paid it off yet

i saw her many years later and she had since married another schlubby guy who looked like an off-brand Gatekeeper which made me feel kinda good but she still had the ring, like she was still wearing it but on her right hand, and that made my tummy feel like i'd been kicked right in the fruit stand

that is weird honestly. she's either secretly still carrying a torch for you, or she's stone cold af

vanisher

Gatekeeper posted:

Oof- what a bunch of beeswax

Ace of Baes

use free apps/websites to learn a new language

Matoi Ryuko

I have some bright orange reflective Nikes and my untanned arms that shine like the moonlight.

Hope you're staying on pedestrian paths. You should wear more gear if you're running on roads!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

clash royale get addicted to the mobile game rear end

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gatekeeper posted:

sorry, gatekeeper. love is cruel, and so are people.

FAT32 SHAMER

play hearthstone and use ur cig money to buy booster packs

it's what I do

vanisher

To lighten the mood please enjoy this image

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Rocks did not go well tonight. All my stones cracked and the survivors did not hold a polish. Not unexpected, just disappointing. Too stressed from work. :( I'll try again Saturday. Sorry guys.

MrWillsauce

I hope I find love some day. she can propose to me though because it's the 21st century and I'm a modern man

vanisher

MrWillsauce posted:

I hope I find love some day. she can propose to me though because it's the 21st century and I'm a modern man

Gal: MrWillsauce let's just look in here really quick for fun
(pulls MrWillsauce into a jewelry store at the mall)
MrWillsauce: Oh what is this I don't need anything...
Gal: Let's just find out your ring size.. like as a joke
MrWillsauce: *blushing* :3:

MrWillsauce

ok fine I'll marry you vanisher

vanisher

MrWillsauce posted:

ok fine I'll marry you vanisher

awe :3:

I became fairly obsessed with diamond cuts and quality when I went through this to the point where I was giving tips to friends who didn't ask for tips

Chunky Salsa

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

symbolic posted:

that being said, the Undertale LP Ross and Barry did on the channel is probably one of the best I've seen, so what do i know :shrug:

That was super good, so I gave their other videos a try

Turns out most of those are them not actually reading anything about the game and loudly talking over cut scenes, then getting frustrated when they don't get very far. It's pretty frustrating to watch most of the time, honestly, so I don't.

On ring chat: when I got engaged, my grandmother gave me her antique ring that she got from her mother. I just had to pay to get it sized and was very happy about it.

That was until I took it off to wash my hands one day and then somehow lost it :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Browsing the forums. Wait, you said physically engaged. Um. Posting on the forums?