Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

*posts picture of team killing*

hurr pubbies am i rite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
he deserved it

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i have come to believe that anyone who plays this game must be sterilised for the good of our species

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
severe mental deficiency combined with giant laser robots is a disaster waiting to happen

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
in fact skip the sterilisation, someone hack :pgi:'s database (shouldn't be hard) so they can be rounded up and herded into ovens

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
just dangle some concept art of a giant robot man with a gun for a dick over the entrance

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

BattleMaster posted:

*posts picture of team killing*

hurr pubbies am i rite

Are you trying to insinuate that the pubbies did not deserve it :colbert:?

I am torn between :stare: and :vince:

E:

Ahdinko posted:

He wasn't driving an LRM oxide by any chance was he? We had a run in with probably same bloke last night who got his friend to TK me for shooting my flamer at him. I saw him in the next game so proceeded to light him up with all 4 of my MG's.

It was a group of four one of which was an LRM oxide. The one I dealt with was running a crappy cataphract.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm installing. Do we use discord now?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Poopiest of the socks. Also, bonus Baby Hitler.

Also, http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/10/1643-haunted-hunted-event

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I've just bought my first Kodiak. Holy poo poo guys. Holy poo poo. You were not kidding. I haven't even got the good one.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kazvall posted:

I'm installing. Do we use discord now?

Same mumble as always

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Event looks supremely unfun. Skipping.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Artificer posted:

Event looks supremely unfun. Skipping.

Parts of it don't look that bad. 500 match score is like 2-3 wins.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Azuth0667 posted:

Parts of it don't look that bad. 500 match score is like 2-3 wins.

Depends on how lucky you get with teams sometimes, and that can take some time.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Theyre also doing the lootbag event again. No mechs as prizes but you can get CB, mc, etc for getting 80 match score (easy).

Artificer posted:

Depends on how lucky you get with teams sometimes, and that can take some time.

Participating on a loss will get you more than 100 easily, since match score is based on personal performance instead of win/loss.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

6 flamer Locust. My game consisted of flaming our executioner till our marauder shot me with a gauss, then flaming him till he shot me again and i died.
Still no loss in skill rating.
Also, I got the cache.
What the poo poo do i have to do to lose rating?!?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You can't lose rating if your team wins the fight, at worst you'll go neutral.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You definitely can lose rating on a win; I think the game sets the bar for PSR increase at different levels depending on your weight class. I have losses in assaults where I do 600+ with multiple solo kills and don't go up; but 400 damage in a light feels like a guaranteed increase.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Holy poo poo you guys made it big time!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/5811ss/wol_and_girl_lick_my_taint_you_potato_cnts/

For posterity.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Its beautiful.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
lol if this what some mg tickling gets i'm loading up ppcs

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We're from Goonswarm, guys.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Skoll, you're such a potato oval office.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lonjon posted:

Skoll, you're such a potato oval office.

Most goons and pubs alike agree.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

That guy that rage posted a reddit thread has shamefully deleted it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I came back to this game after months and just took part in a match where the last person left alive on my team was a 1 ER large sniping locust and he killed 2 other mechs and then brawled an LRM Night Gyr for 3 minutes and won.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I'm so glad you captured an image of this. Made my day.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Oh wow, what a great reward, a whole 250 MC, that will get me what, a 1/4th of a color? 1 decal? And all I have to do is to play every day for 10 days. As if I wasn't already bored from playing every single day for 17 days.

Pretty obvious the new "play ever day" challenges are there to inflate the active player numbers. And why do they create "get a kmdd on the new mech" challenges? Do they want to punish the people that actually spent money on their game?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Alternatively 250 MC buys you 3x one-shot paint jobs on whatever mechs you like. :eng101:

You should choose Fractal and clown colors of course. (I assume you have purple, green and red unlocked already)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

MechWarrior: Online - you guys are some serious potato's

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

DancingShade posted:

Alternatively 250 MC buys you 3x one-shot paint jobs on whatever mechs you like. :eng101:

You should choose Fractal and clown colors of course. (I assume you have purple, green and red unlocked already)

Actually, there is a new best camo in town.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

hell, which one is that?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The flames camo is the best, got it on most of my mechs already. The Warhammer looks really sweet using that skeleton camo too. At work so I can't show pics but you better believe my mechs look fabulous.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

I'm really sad I dropped 1 game before he absolutely lost his mind. Sounded like it was an amazing meltdown.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Oh wow, what a great reward, a whole 250 MC, that will get me what, a 1/4th of a color? 1 decal? And all I have to do is to play every day for 10 days. As if I wasn't already bored from playing every single day for 17 days.

The actual c-bill payout of the Mektoberchallenge is less than 80k per match (possibly even lower than 50k for most players). And that's IF you want to do all challenges. If you're annoyed by "being forced" to play MW:O daily. Perhaps consider a break.

TjyvTompa posted:

Pretty obvious the new "play ever day" challenges are there to inflate the active player numbers. And why do they create "get a kmdd on the new mech" challenges? Do they want to punish the people that actually spent money on their game?

Yeah, though the new challenge has even lower requirements and is doable even with skipping a few days. Even though MW:O has Macrotransactions, their event rewards are okay. And they tend to do the KMDD vs. new Mech events on each new Mech.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Time to get rewarded for blowing disposable income

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Stringbean posted:

Time to get rewarded for blowing disposable income

I've read a couple of gaming threads about the Red Dead Redemption 2 teaser, and apparently there's a TON of gamers out there who bought GTA V twice, first on console and then on PC, because they couldn't wait three piddly months to play their tank hijacking/ hooker murdering simulator. Many bought it a third time just to have it in both last- and next-gen consoles.

So to sum it up, I'm feeling considerably less embarrassed than I did this morning about the eighty-five of my hard-earned spondulix that PGI holds.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

New terra therma looks like a hot version of polar highlands :mad:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bjjef5FDyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The fire tornado seems to have some promise.

• Locked thread