Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Who here listens to Still Buffering? I like it for some background stuff while working, but Teylor needs a new mic or at least a windscreen. Anyone else getting bugged by this? I'd tweet at them but it seems like something they must have heard by now considering how many podcast listeners are audiophiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Who here listens to Still Buffering? I like it for some background stuff while working, but Teylor needs a new mic or at least a windscreen. Anyone else getting bugged by this? I'd tweet at them but it seems like something they must have heard by now considering how many podcast listeners are audiophiles.
I still do, I didn't notice, but thanks for ruining Still Buffering for me too, now.

Tey improved the show's format quite a bit with her addition so I guess it kind of evens out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I need to listen to more of Still Buffering. I'm still catching up on TAZ and right now the only ones I consistently listen to each week as they're released is MBMBaM, Rose Buddies, and Interrobang.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I subscribe to still buffering but only listen to roughly 1/3 the episodes, if it's a topic that sounds interesting.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Asiina posted:

I need to listen to more of Still Buffering. I'm still catching up on TAZ and right now the only ones I consistently listen to each week as they're released is MBMBaM, Rose Buddies, and Interrobang.
Interrobang is starting to lose me, although that's something I think that's bound to happen eventually when it's a podcast about kvetching with two hosts that are more feelers than thinkers.

I can't really explain why I like Still Buffering or Interrobang but not every podcast needs to be 100% club bangers to be worthwhile.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there much difference between Interrobang and Trends Like These?

Because I haven't tried Interrobang yet but I stopped listening to Trends Like These for the same reason.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

greatn posted:

Is there much difference between Interrobang and Trends Like These?

Because I haven't tried Interrobang yet but I stopped listening to Trends Like These for the same reason.
As someone who still also listens to TLT it's a pretty big difference and the ambit of the show isn't really the same thing at all. That being said you might still not like it for approximately the same reason.

TLT is very much a pseudo-informational reaction to pop-culture type show, where ?! is more personal/emotional and only sometimes touches pop culture. The shows are about the hosts' baseline approach to the world, and you can only relate how much you relate. ?! is more about the hosts' stories as well. Finding out more as the show goes on tends to either pull you in or push you out, accordingly. Neither show is "funny" which does nothing to slow the train from coming off the tracks, once you feel like that's started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Tybee nailed it at the end of last week's Interrobang that they've gotten a little off track in that they're just bitching and not really coming to any meaningful conclusions. The last few episodes have felt less like "let's have an honest conversation about difficult topics" and more "man this very specific thing happened to me and it pissed me off". They do seem to realize it though, so hopefully they can turn it around, cause I do like them both and I liked their early conversations. I've felt really engaged with the show enough to actually have pretty long twitter conversations with Tybee about topics.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Rileigh always surprises me in Still Buffering by being funny and insightful, whereas when I was 16, I was basically a goblin. It's a sweet podcast.

I've been listening to Travis's other podcasts, and they make me want other shows that are just griffin and justin bullshitting about their lives.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I was making a post about how Travis is the Vermouth in the MBMBAMartini before realizing how pretentious and irrelevant it was so here is me farting in the wind.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I was making a post about how Travis is the Vermouth in the MBMBAMartini before realizing how pretentious and irrelevant it was so here is me farting in the wind.

but to finish this thought Griffin is the gin (potent goofs) and Justin is the chill-as-gently caress-ice it all gets shaken over

edit: the listener is the olive

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I'm the drunk

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I was just listening to an old MBMBAM from like five years ago when they still did Twitter shoutouts and one of the them was @Babylonian from years before he was at Polygon

Has Nick been stalking and slowly infiltrating his way into the McElroy family?

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I was just listening to an old MBMBAM from like five years ago when they still did Twitter shoutouts and one of the them was @Babylonian from years before he was at Polygon

I listened to an ep in the pre to early hundreds that had a yahoo submitted by Nick, so yeah he's been in the mix for a while.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I've finally caught up on TAZ but are still about 200 eps behind in MBMBaM, Still Buffering is interesting as a male only-child in his 30s to hear a lot of stuff that's basically from a different world, and Shmanners is more than occasionally interesting when they hit upon a question I've wondered about. Cool Games Inc is interesting for the occasional listen, but would get old fast if I tried to listen to a bunch in a row.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

iajanus posted:

I've finally caught up on TAZ but are still about 200 eps behind in MBMBaM, Still Buffering is interesting as a male only-child in his 30s to hear a lot of stuff that's basically from a different world, and Shmanners is more than occasionally interesting when they hit upon a question I've wondered about. Cool Games Inc is interesting for the occasional listen, but would get old fast if I tried to listen to a bunch in a row.

I thought the same thing about CGI but the latest run they've been on has been really good. I think that show is going to get really really good. Also I think people are going to take them up on their invitation to make some of these games real soon.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

What the gently caress I was just about to post this because I also just heard that

:tinfoil:

I thought the same thing about CGI but the latest run they've been on has been really good. I think that show is going to get really really good. Also I think people are going to take them up on their invitation to make some of these games real soon.

They keep accidentally coming up with really good game ideas. Goddamn, would I play Yummy and Wild.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My favorite stuff nowadays is the YouTube content. Car Boys is the absolute highlight of my week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So at work today, I had an idea for a musical based on MBMBAM where the brothers would take questions from other musical theater characters and I think I need to get Lin on the line.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

purple death ray posted:

My favorite stuff nowadays is the YouTube content. Car Boys is the absolute highlight of my week.

I caught up on that and Griffin's Nuzlocke run last week and now I'm marathoning Monster Factory. They're all so great.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Monster Factory has made me laugh harder than anything I've ever seen on TV, it may be the best show ever made

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Monster Factory has made me laugh harder than anything I've ever seen on TV, it may be the best show ever made

There were a couple of times that I could not breathe from laughing so hard.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Colonel Whitey posted:

I still think the Mass Effect one, though early, is the best one and easily one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sims 4 or possibly the first wrestlegame, the one with Christopher Christopher Christopher Christoper, is my favorite.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

poo poo all up on my steaks
there wasn't a single one left unshitted
gonna try eating these boots i guess

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
just

Bart

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Nick was an intern at Giant Bomb while Griffin and Justin were at Joystiq (and making occasional GB podcast appearances) so maybe he learned about MBMBAM through that connection. The gaming website community is a small and incestuous world.

Edit: Jesus, I completely forgot there was an Intern Podcast at GB that Nick hosted. He was really laying the groundwork early.

Hargrimm fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 18, 2016

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I listen to CGI not because it's super funny(honestly isn't a lot of the time), but because I enjoy both of their personalities

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hargrimm posted:

Nick was an intern at Giant Bomb while Griffin and Justin were at Joystiq (and making occasional GB podcast appearances) so maybe he learned about MBMBAM through that connection. The gaming website community is a small and incestuous world.

Edit: Jesus, I completely forgot there was an Intern Podcast at GB that Nick hosted. He was really laying the groundwork early.

This is all of Nick's design...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Asiina posted:

I think Tybee nailed it at the end of last week's Interrobang that they've gotten a little off track in that they're just bitching and not really coming to any meaningful conclusions. The last few episodes have felt less like "let's have an honest conversation about difficult topics" and more "man this very specific thing happened to me and it pissed me off". They do seem to realize it though, so hopefully they can turn it around, cause I do like them both and I liked their early conversations. I've felt really engaged with the show enough to actually have pretty long twitter conversations with Tybee about topics.
I queued up where I was in the most recent ep and yeah I was a minute away from where she said that. Encouraging news.

I'll probably stick with them a bit longer if they can turn things around a bit. In fairness, it's been buck wild for Travis for the past couple months and if any show is going to be affected by that it's ?!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
One day nick will completely devour griffin and take his place in the mcelroy house. The big gulp was his attempt to call for help

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Raserys posted:

One day nick will completely devour griffin and take his place in the mcelroy house. The big gulp was his attempt to call for help

Yeah, if Nick eats Griffin, it's a power move on Nick's part :rolleyes:

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I don't think Griffin would complain, either way.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Still Buffering is sweet without being too sweet so I generally listen. It took me a while to get used to it being a three person podcast but it's good.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Is not picking up dog poo poo in your yard weird? Maybe I'm just used to big yards full of deer poo poo but it seemed like wasted effort.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah dude that's weird

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ChumpsForChange posted:

Is not picking up dog poo poo in your yard weird? Maybe I'm just used to big yards full of deer poo poo but it seemed like wasted effort.

dog poo poo is about a million times worse than moose/deer poo poo, mostly due to dietary differences. So yes a yard full of dog poop is bad if you ever plan on walking on it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you should probably handle deer poo poo if it's like, a big issue but I'd much rather deal with a yard full of deer turds than dog landmines if I had to walk it.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I used to live on the third floor of a brownstone where the family on the first floor let their dogs poo poo in the fenced-in patio area and never cleaned it up. When I looked out my window and down, it was just a kaleidoscope of turds.

Don't be that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Anyone else not into all the vape material? I just don't get it or find it funny, and they keep doing more goofs on it. I've gotten to the point where I start skipping when they start talking about vaping and vape rigs.