Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

neongrey posted:

Something being a joke doesn't automatically make it okay,

Actually it does, that's the whole point of jokes, you're not supposed to see or hear something and sit down on the political and racial implications of it, you either laugh or don't and go about your day.

But glad it was settled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

lol @ somebody spending :10bux: to avoid being triggered

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

neongrey posted:

Something being a joke doesn't automatically make it okay, making a debatably tasteless joke doesn't mean a person's literally hitler, and someone deciding to apologize for a joke doesn't mean they're being made to do so. You're being way oversensitive here. It sounds like everything's settled peaceably, everyone's cool, and there's no need to be intentionally offensive on behalf of a gag character name.

In conclusion,

So Anet is releasing Holo Asura Dancers soon?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

I just dont get erp

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i made another white human female but apparently no one gets mad at that anymore

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

i made another white human female but apparently no one gets mad at that anymore

I get furious that I have but 10 character slots to give to the cause.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

check out my Youtube posted:

I just dont get erp

That's because this isn't the Goldshire Inn.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I'm going to get back into this after a long hiatus. I'm just a filthy casual - wIll I have fun playing revenant or should i pick something else? I mostly just want to take it easy and mash keys.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Scags posted:

I'm going to get back into this after a long hiatus. I'm just a filthy casual - wIll I have fun playing revenant or should i pick something else? I mostly just want to take it easy and mash keys.

What did you like/not like about the classes you played before?

Revenant can be super brain dead if you sit in Glint, or fairly engaging if you're swapping around and actually using you utility and weapon skills. There aren't really any bad classes except for engi which is bad.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ItBurns posted:

There aren't really any bad classes except for engi which is bad.

Uh, mods??

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Oh god stop me from buying a total makeover kit to get edgelord hair and sickly green Mountain Dew skin

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_vvex_mfik

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Lonk posted:

Oh god stop me from buying a total makeover kit to get edgelord hair and delicious refreshing Mountain Dew skin

I'm not saying you should go with the brightest gold hair colour for proper dorito hair, but I will say I fixed the second half for you.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

My dewski fantasies come to life.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

neongrey posted:

Something being a joke doesn't automatically make it okay, making a debatably tasteless joke doesn't mean a person's literally hitler, and someone deciding to apologize for a joke doesn't mean they're being made to do so. You're being way oversensitive here. It sounds like everything's settled peaceably, everyone's cool, and there's no need to be intentionally offensive on behalf of a gag character name.

In conclusion,

Sorry, cats beat rats anytime of the week

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lonk posted:

It sucks that some people found it too offensive but I can't tell others how to feel about this or that really. Oh well, someone was kind enough to gift me a name change contract (Thank you whomever it was!) and I now have the gooniest name

Anywho the matter is resolved I suppose and hopefully goons will accept I'm actually just really bad at naming things/puns and am in no way racist.

How dare you react to unintentionally offending someone like a reasonable adult instead of crying about the skeletons out to get you :arghfist:

Scags posted:

Revenant is easy but not very keysmashy, and telling you what to like would be easier if you gave us any kind of hint whatsoever at what you're looking for.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Alteisen posted:

Actually it does, that's the whole point of jokes, you're not supposed to see or hear something and sit down on the political and racial implications of it, you either laugh or don't and go about your day.

But glad it was settled.

I hope your death is slow and lonely you loving crusty poo poo-stripe

Edit to stay on topic: I bet you also dream of asuras

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Waci posted:

I hope your death is slow and lonely you loving crusty poo poo-stripe

Edit to stay on topic: I bet you also dream of asuras

How dare you react to a controversial opinion by being a lovely petty baby instead of ignoring it like a reasonable adult :arghfist:

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
Only thing worth saving here is this Rat

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AmyL posted:

That is one beautiful feline. How many thousands of dollars do they cost these days?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

AmyL posted:

Fail because you've already showed me that cat. Fresh cats!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

AmyL posted:

The rest of this thread is a god drat dumpster fire but your cat is awesome. So I guess it evens out.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

AmyL posted:

My new rat.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

Geekslinger posted:

My new rat.

That's a cute drat kitten.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

I tried to make my dog look kind of like my character at the time but I'm not great at sewing (or photography)

Bonus: a costume I made 5 years earlier to get unbanned in space station 13

Not a thumbnail, that's just all the bigger the picture was because I'm not good at taking pictures

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 17, 2016

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

check out my Youtube posted:

Bonus: a costume I made 5 years earlier to get unbanned in space station 13

Not a thumbnail, that's just all the bigger the picture was because I'm not good at taking pictures

one of the best drat doctors aboard that station. :911:

Reddogred

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

My new rat.

You need to pet that cat.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I think I nearly suffered a relapse, I played and won an unranked game on my thief and it was fun and I was a huge penis the whole game with angry tells and complaining in mapchat and everything, and I nearly clicked the next game button and played another instead of doing the other class daily and hating myself

spvp: not even once

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

I was a huge penis

:same:

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

neongrey posted:

You need to pet that cat.

Oh she gets pet quite frequently. I wanted to name her Poutine, but my wife vetoed that one.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Geekslinger posted:

Oh she gets pet quite frequently. I wanted to name her Poutine, but my wife vetoed that one.

Poutine would have been a great catte name, but I need to know what her name actually is!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

morcant posted:

Poutine would have been a great catte name, but I need to know what her name actually is!

Purrtine

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

She looks kinda like a poutine, your wife is wrong.

Also, more pettings.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Geekslinger posted:

Sorry dude, you need to leave your wife for Poutine.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

morcant posted:

We went with Maddie.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Geekslinger posted:

We went with Maddie.

Ok but you can't because I have a cat named Maddie and this will be confusing.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Illuyankas posted:

I think I nearly suffered a relapse, I played and won an unranked game on my thief and it was fun and I was a huge penis the whole game with angry tells and complaining in mapchat and everything, and I nearly clicked the next game button and played another instead of doing the other class daily and hating myself

spvp: not even once

Yeah, you otter not bother with them and do some easy pve dailies like vista viewer instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

neongrey posted:

Fail because you've already showed me that cat. Fresh cats!

How fresh! Show your current cats pics, not charr pics please.

• Locked thread