Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I did that in Warmachine/Hordes but with the Chibi Vayl pin pinned to some plasticard to piss off the super grognards. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

LordAba posted:

I would be interested in Scourge and I live US. Either trade for Shaltari starter or cashmoney. Send PM when you get them in.

Great, I'll let you know once things arrive. If not I'll see if you still want them, Chalupa.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ugleb posted:

He actually labelled a miniatures war game as pay to win because he cant be arsed to magnetise and wants to field the optimal configurations without buying enough models.

Then he goes to the length of posting support for himself with a second username. Jesus loving christ this guy belongs in the GW death thread.

Not to defend the guy, but that's not what he did. I forgot to expand the comments and "reran" anonimizer, giving two names to him and a couple of other posters (see the one guy referring to his "previous post" but that being his first post with that anonimized name). User error on my end.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

YF19pilot posted:

Not to defend the guy, but that's not what he did. I forgot to expand the comments and "reran" anonimizer, giving two names to him and a couple of other posters (see the one guy referring to his "previous post" but that being his first post with that anonimized name). User error on my end.

Ahh makes sense. I was wondering why you would go to the trouble of figuring that out in the first place!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

that'll work as the base for my Scourge.

(Citadel Ironbreaker basecoat, with Druchii violet wash)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Shiny purple. Looks neat buddy!

Trip report from last night: Double Rio is a lot of shots and the Seattle is really good at cleaning up Frigate groups. Taipei are really cool and I can see them being taken in the max group of 6s to punch out the hurt. Lima Frigates are mental good but also die very quickly, so I may be building some more of those!

Also ramming sucks, can tell Dave didn't want it in the game. :v:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Frobbe posted:

that'll work as the base for my Scourge.

(Citadel Ironbreaker basecoat, with Druchii violet wash)

I'm liking the metallic look on that, good effort! :)

In other news, Admiral backers are now receiving their stuff. Fingers crossed Commodore starts going out this week!

We should be getting an update from Hawk today I think?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Ugleb posted:

I'm liking the metallic look on that, good effort! :)

In other news, Admiral backers are now receiving their stuff. Fingers crossed Commodore starts going out this week!

the :effort: is about 2 minutes of work. i'm the kind of lazy that finds a good looking method that i can do easy.

I've now got a second UCM starter army incoming, alongside an albatross, longbow, praetorians, ravens, archangels and gladius. I've already roped in two people in the club, one has bought an PHR army and the other's looking at resistance, because their transports are fun. also rocket busses

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Ugleb posted:

They said we should get an update at the start of this week, so hopefully? I would not be surprised if it ends up coming a few days late like everything else... Good to see admirals going out even if apparently they are missing some stuff and will get it in a later shipment (in addition to the scourge station add on apparently the acrylic ground tokens and some of the map packs are delayed and will be coming as a second package to them).

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Map packs delayed too? Urgh. Would not be surprised if this delays my stuffs.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Ugleb posted:

Map packs delayed too? Urgh. Would not be surprised if this delays my stuffs.

Not sure if its all the map packs though, seemed like some maps were in the admiral order that got a set of unboxing pictures on facebook. They might end up sending them separately like they announced they are doing with the scourge space station upgrade kit.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Oooooh. Okay, that explains why my Lieutenant is still not shipped. I was the one who added every single map pack on for my group.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's peoples thoughts on new launch capacity? I'm trying to envision a list with a Atlantis/Johan, New York and 2x Seattles to fill out my launch capacity.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

What's peoples thoughts on new launch capacity? I'm trying to envision a list with a Atlantis/Johan, New York and 2x Seattles to fill out my launch capacity.

Seems like a decent fix for the carrier issues people apparently had in the beta (that they were way to good so spam as many fighters as possible). I personally am interested in trying out something like 2 Atlantis, a New York, and a Seattle... thats only like half a regular games points!

It may be overkill doing that, but I like the idea of not having to bring separate heavy cruiser's to do my shooty killing. Does launching fighters give you a spike?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
A minor one in the roundup phase.

I feel completely clueless about fleet lists at the moment but i'll enjoy the experimentation phase i think.

What are the current listbuilding options? I don't have my book yet and even if i did i couldn't be bothered to do pen&paper :effort:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bistromatic posted:

A minor one in the roundup phase.

I feel completely clueless about fleet lists at the moment but i'll enjoy the experimentation phase i think.

What are the current listbuilding options? I don't have my book yet and even if i did i couldn't be bothered to do pen&paper :effort:
Do you mean the layout? it looks like this:

Pash posted:

Seems like a decent fix for the carrier issues people apparently had in the beta (that they were way to good so spam as many fighters as possible). I personally am interested in trying out something like 2 Atlantis, a New York, and a Seattle... thats only like half a regular games points!

It may be overkill doing that, but I like the idea of not having to bring separate heavy cruiser's to do my shooty killing. Does launching fighters give you a spike?
Double Atlantis also seems sexy. Launch assets do minor spike you, yup, you also need to be able to fire a weapon to launch assets.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Double Atlantis also seems sexy. Launch assets do minor spike you, yup, you also need to be able to fire a weapon to launch assets.

Ah, so no shooting on the turn you launch assets unless you go weapons free? I guess that can be okay, launch stuff while you move up, then spend the rest of the game in weapons free once targets are in range? I guess they would become pretty high priority targets in that case... I could see only going one and getting 2 Seattles being better in that case.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You can fire a gun and launch assets. You just have to be able to fire a weapon to be able to launch assets. So no max thrust or silent running for example.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

You can fire a gun and launch assets. You just have to be able to fire a weapon to be able to launch assets. So no max thrust or silent running for example.

Ah, cool, even better then. I thought you meant that launching stuff took up your one shot from standard orders.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sorry bad phone typing on my part. :v:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does anyone know if there are any plans to add in actual models for things like fighters/bombers and torpedoes?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does anyone know if there are any plans to add in actual models for things like fighters/bombers and torpedoes?

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dropfleet-commander/33904-launch-asset-pack

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

You will be wanting the launch assets pack, it contains all of these things. There is only one version and no racial variations as the models are tiny and Dave didn't think it was worth making 4 versions at this point.

I have no idea when it will hit retail.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
awesome, thank you both. i have two starter boxes - how should i look at assembling this stuff to start? are there any obvious traps?

inb4 this game is p2w

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I dont even know the rules, but i want to Nelson at Trafalgar as PHR. A shitload of standard PHR cruisers Crossing the T of my opponent.

Soooooo, i just want a shitload of their bog standard ships.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

dexefiend posted:

I dont even know the rules, but i want to Nelson at Trafalgar as PHR. A shitload of standard PHR cruisers Crossing the T of my opponent.

Soooooo, i just want a shitload of their bog standard ships.

PHR List

Vanguard (497 + 40)
Leonidas (195), Lv2 Admiral (40)
Leonidas (195)
Orion (107)

Line (321)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)

Line (321)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)

Pathfinder (373)
Orpheus (135)
2x Medea (78)
2x Europa (80)

1,492/1,500

gently caress all objectives, just sling a load of dice at everything.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dos anyone know if the "Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" rule is still in?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

LordAba posted:

Dos anyone know if the "Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" rule is still in?

It's in.

Hawk emailed me yesterday saying they would ship out all my missing Kickstarter bits.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

LordAba posted:

Not only is it in, but each faction gets a small section in their technology page discussing what they use for nukes. Except the PHR, who get speculation on what they might do with nukes.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Flipswitch posted:

I meant how to build a good list :v:

And as i've said on facebook i'm currently unsure about medium cruisers. Lights don't need weapons free at all, heavies gain a ton of firepower if they use it but mediums just get their puny side guns for taking a major spike. It's really hard to tell the value of the defensive stat differences without practical experience. In the two demos i played at Spiel stuff seemed to die pretty quickly regardless.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Got a 999 point game tomorrow against my bud. UCM vs. my PHR. Posting my list from memory:

Vanguard SR20
Hector x1
Bellophron x1

Line A SR11
Ikarus x1
Andromedas (the frig-carriers?) x4
Broadside frigs x2

Line B SR5
Theseus x1

Pathfinder SR5
Medea x4
Echo x1

General plan is to crap out 10 fighters/bombers a turn and try to turn the match into a slug fest. If I can survive the opening volleys from his Moscow and Missile frigates, I think the weight of bombers and durability can carry me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bistromatic posted:

I meant how to build a good list :v:

And as i've said on facebook i'm currently unsure about medium cruisers. Lights don't need weapons free at all, heavies gain a ton of firepower if they use it but mediums just get their puny side guns for taking a major spike. It's really hard to tell the value of the defensive stat differences without practical experience. In the two demos i played at Spiel stuff seemed to die pretty quickly regardless.
I like them, they're good at taking a relative beating and pumping out shots into a general ship melee. I like em for holding board areas but I'd never take more than two standard cruisers. Those side guns can whittle off Frigate groups while the main guns do their thang.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Got the 2 player starter arriving today. Another 2 player set and the other race starters will trickle in over the next week. Pretty drat pumped!

Haven't even been able to see the rules so yeah. Pew pew

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Got carded by Royal Mail this morning and I have nothing other than dropfleet due to arrive.

Spaceships tomorrow I hope :ohdear:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Maybe I should go ahead and order a starter set on retail. I'm completely in the dark about my order, if it's shipped, if it's in transit, when it'll get here. And being in SEA makes me wonder if they'd cheap out on shipping and put it on the literal slow boat to China. I know Hawk is doing a mountain of work, and I appreciate that, and I'm not going to post some idiot rant on Facebook; but I really do want my ships and would like to know if they've at least shipped. Doorman at my apartment building must think I'm crazy with how often I keep checking my mail.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Bob Smith posted:

PHR List

Vanguard (497 + 40)
Leonidas (195), Lv2 Admiral (40)
Leonidas (195)
Orion (107)

Line (321)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)

Line (321)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)
Orion (107)

Pathfinder (373)
Orpheus (135)
2x Medea (78)
2x Europa (80)

1,492/1,500

gently caress all objectives, just sling a load of dice at everything.

Holy gently caress this is exactly what i want.

Look at all dem fukken guns on that Leonidas! :black101:

Is 2 PHR starters enough, or should i just order 3? ... Looks like i need 3.

Edit: I just ordered 3 starters and some Vallejo Metal Colors for the metal sections.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 18, 2016

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

Maybe I should go ahead and order a starter set on retail. I'm completely in the dark about my order, if it's shipped, if it's in transit, when it'll get here. And being in SEA makes me wonder if they'd cheap out on shipping and put it on the literal slow boat to China. I know Hawk is doing a mountain of work, and I appreciate that, and I'm not going to post some idiot rant on Facebook; but I really do want my ships and would like to know if they've at least shipped. Doorman at my apartment building must think I'm crazy with how often I keep checking my mail.

Whats your pledge? From the sound of things Commodore and Captain Pledges have not gone out yet... which is the majority of pledges that were made on kickstarter. I have no idea how late backers are working but I think most of the Lieutenant, Commander, and Admiral orders have shipped now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

IIRC they aren't doing it by pledge level but by what's grouped in terms of orders similarity.

Also after a game this morning; Torpedoes are loving gross man.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pash posted:

Whats your pledge? From the sound of things Commodore and Captain Pledges have not gone out yet... which is the majority of pledges that were made on kickstarter. I have no idea how late backers are working but I think most of the Lieutenant, Commander, and Admiral orders have shipped now.

I wasn't a late backer, I'm a Commander pledge with the Avalon and Leonidas added on. I'm just a little worried if it's gotten tangled up in customs and there's really no way for me to know. Generally takes 1-2 weeks for things to get here (about 3-5 days of that spent in customs), and can take longer depending on what shipping method they use (container vs. air mail). If they used container shipping, I could order a starter set and it would for sure be here before my pledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

I wasn't a late backer, I'm a Commander pledge with the Avalon and Leonidas added on. I'm just a little worried if it's gotten tangled up in customs and there's really no way for me to know. Generally takes 1-2 weeks for things to get here (about 3-5 days of that spent in customs), and can take longer depending on what shipping method they use (container vs. air mail). If they used container shipping, I could order a starter set and it would for sure be here before my pledge.

I would not be too worried yet, plenty of people have not gotten stuff even from the groups that seem to have had more of their stuff shipped. There is a local lieutenant that has not gotten anything either. I myself am waiting on 2 commodore pledges, one of which has zero add-ons.