Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
which was the bad dogs game, Sleeping or Watch?

FirstAidKite posted:

What even was this game, I remember seeing ads and then nothing

I remember thinking it weird that someone would prominently display their female protagonist on a game named WET but that's about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/ruiisuD/status/788208196271820800

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

which was the bad dogs game, Sleeping or Watch?

SD is good
W_D is bad

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

idk much about united front or whatever, what's their connection with disney that disney would cause them to go under?

They were a partner developer with us on Disney Infinity. They designed and developed the Marvel Battlegrounds playset and were moving with us into Disney Infinity 4 development when the Mouse cancelled the franchise and closed Avalanche Software.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

idk much about united front or whatever, what's their connection with disney that disney would cause them to go under?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy1rKiiIyWY

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

This is the best

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

SD is good
W_D is bad

aw man :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone give me one million dollars so I can make a burnout style racing game with the twist that the cars are all insanely fragile and everybody has to action hijack constantly to stay in the race

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

It was a boring action game with a really dumb name.

Looper posted:

I remember thinking it weird that someone would prominently display their female protagonist on a game named WET but that's about it

Yep. I remember one of the devs at E3 being like "no you see because she does wetwork like hired hit jobs..." and :rolleyes:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just booted up Digimon Story and I think I'm on board with this, though an english dub would've been nice.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

SEGA needs to to get Sumo Digital back to working on some Sonic All-Star racing goodness. Just throw in everyone at this point as racer. Even some Yakuza dudes it doesn't matter.
Sumo are keeping more than busy at the moment, contributing to Crackdown 3 and Dead Island 2 as well as working on their own physics puzzle game called Snake Pass.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
chapter 2 of Builders is some horse poo poo, there's no good materials anywhere and it's always raining. is this what living in the uk is like?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

mutata posted:

They were a partner developer with us on Disney Infinity. They designed and developed the Marvel Battlegrounds playset and were moving with us into Disney Infinity 4 development when the Mouse cancelled the franchise and closed Avalanche Software.

This made me chuckle because everyone I know who got burned by them refers to them as the Rat. This does suck though. The ongoing rot of mid-level developers continues.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

ƒ′(mario)=giana

okay i do NOT wanna let this go unappreciated

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So is Digimon Story one of those JRPGs where status effects and buffs/debuffs are useful?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I played the demo for Wet many years ago, the lady drinks bottles of whisky to heal herself and there are QTEs. It's like a lovely Tarantino/70's exploitation-esque thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought WET was okay, it was pretty much Max Payne only with 70's grindhouse instead of film noir and not as good.

Actually it was probably closer to Total Overdose/Chilli Con Carnage than MP.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Something's wrong with my steam discovery queue, it's now recommending me only bad first person horror games and bad detective games.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sounds like it's set to Halloween op

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something's wrong with the steam discovery queue: it exists

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mines fine, anime VN's same as always

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

If you remove some of the more obnoxious categories from being shown (zombies, procedural generation, minecraft and a few others) the queue gets very much improved. It's still not that great but I found some interesting titles this way.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I never really found the queue much use because all it'll do is fill up my wishlist or (at best) my backlog.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

If you remove some of the more obnoxious categories from being shown (zombies, procedural generation, minecraft and a few others) the queue gets very much improved. It's still not that great but I found some interesting titles this way.

Yeah, that's useful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I just played the new pokemon demo and it was nice, but the one time I had to fight two pokemon at the same time the framerate dropped like a log. I guess that's what I get for not purchasing a New! Nintendo 3DS XL :shrug:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Red Bones posted:

I just played the new pokemon demo and it was nice, but the one time I had to fight two pokemon at the same time the framerate dropped like a log. I guess that's what I get for not purchasing a New! Nintendo 3DS XL :shrug:

Does this one take advantage of the New? The other 3DS Pokemon games run like poo poo too, especially with 3D turned on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

goferchan posted:

Does this one take advantage of the New? The other 3DS Pokemon games run like poo poo too, especially with 3D turned on.

Yeah it does, and much like Hyrule Warriors it's gonna run like poo poo on the old one.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

I assume the New's slightly better processor or whatever it has would help it with the framerate dips, but I don't know if it adds extra features besides that. The demo ran absolutely fine until there's three pokemon in the battle screen at the same time, and iirc X and Y only dipped in framerate for me in the really big city and maybe when, again, there were a lot of pokemon in the same battle screen. It's not worth replacing my 3DS at this point with the NX announcement (whatever it may be) round the corner.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if United Front games would be doing better if they had made Sleeping Dogs 2 like everyone wanted instead of whatever Triad Wars was supposed to be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if both horde battles and dexnav are gone i hope there's a replacement convenient way to get hidden abilities/evs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

if both horde battles and dexnav are gone i hope there's a replacement convenient way to get hidden abilities/evs

Horde battles happen against totem Pokemon, I think, but I haven't really been keeping up and I'm not clear if those are dudes you can encounter in the wild or if they're just one-off fights as part of the story.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dexnav was cool. I want it in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

well dexnav only came about in oras, hopefully something like it shows up in sumo 2/radiant pearl endless diamond

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm sure since Rotom is your pokedex he'll have something similar for the bottom screen.

All I really want is a handy dandy guide to what I've caught in the area and what's left.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

well rotom dex does the pokemon snap thing, i'm mostly worried we can't get has out of it

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

well rotom dex does the pokemon snap thing, i'm mostly worried we can't get has out of it

He'll never leave and you'll love this Navi-esque support character.

E: I hope near the start you get the option to have him in your dex or not and if you say no he just hops in anyway and is super sassy the whole game after that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So, about that RDR reveal:

Rookersh posted:

Rockstar trademarked their next game/registered the site. It's Red Dead Online! Hope you weren't expecting Red Dead 2!
:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GTA online came with GTA V, it's fairly likely that the same thing will happen in this case.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

GTA online came with GTA V, it's fairly likely that the same thing will happen in this case.

Hopefully we don't have to wait a month like GTA Online, but Online was really broken at launch anyways. Rockstar though handled Online better then any other developer ever. They could have easily charged $15 - $30 per content update like any other developer would have done but they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope i can bring forward my buffalo mount from red dead redemption online

• Locked thread