Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Well, it's that time of year again when Facebook needs you to post a privacy statement.

quote:

Better to be safe then sorry. an attorney said to post this. Good enough for me. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tacitly understood that you are allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your profile status updates. I DO NOT GIVE MY PERMISSION.
If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

WrenP-Complete posted:

No one deserves violence.

Sorry about that, wasn't my intention.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also being an actual child during your fathers presidency probably isn't a ton of fun when theres plenty of wack jobs who want to cause you harm. So yeah, I'm happy to give her some extra poo poo in exchange for her childhood being taken away from her in the same way I'd be for Bush's kids.

...weird how you only mention the children of white presidents...

I'm not implying anything here, just asking questions...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Clinton is the person in question, and Bush is the president the people who make these dumb things supported most recently. There was no reason to mention Sasha or Malia.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

EL BROMANCE posted:

Clinton is the person in question, and Bush is the president the people who make these dumb things supported most recently. There was no reason to mention Sasha or Malia.

You don't get jokes, do you?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This thread is usually dumb enough that someone would make that comment sincerely.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

EL BROMANCE posted:

This thread is usually dumb enough that someone would make that comment sincerely.

Fair enough

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

CommonShore posted:

Oh god I can't even be bothered to screenshot the dozens of IOSMS I have flying across for

Never mind that they're discussing Saudi coalition air strikes as part of an ongoing civil war. And that Yemen and Syria have a few countries separating them.

Wait, I thought bombing the Middle East was the answer to everything? When did that change?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
(fish in a barrel, I know)
Imgur loves posting creep galleries of Emma Watson (and every other female celebrity) and then "discussing" in the comments about what a "loving bitch" she is, but today I found this

Just because she stands for women's rights and equality doesn't neccessarily mean she's a bitch :monocle:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's just missing a bit about being strong enough to share it for one hour to heal a sick baby as well. :sparkles:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Stoatbringer posted:

It's just missing a bit about being strong enough to share it for one hour to heal a sick baby as well. :sparkles:

This kind of stuff is creepy. I know who will hug me

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also being an actual child during your fathers presidency probably isn't a ton of fun when theres plenty of wack jobs who want to cause you harm. So yeah, I'm happy to give her some extra poo poo in exchange for her childhood being taken away from her in the same way I'd be for Bush's kids.

When Chelsea was eleven or so Rush Limbaugh said she looked like a dog.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

If you know who will hug you, why don't you just send them a message asking for a hug and save everybody else's eyeballs? Come on, Mickey; get it together.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Picnic Princess posted:

Wait, I thought bombing the Middle East was the answer to everything? When did that change?

Depends on what president of what color and sex is doing the bombing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Computer posted:

(fish in a barrel, I know)
Imgur loves posting creep galleries of Emma Watson (and every other female celebrity) and then "discussing" in the comments about what a "loving bitch" she is, but today I found this

Just because she stands for women's rights and equality doesn't neccessarily mean she's a bitch :monocle:

That one's actually a full-on compliment. Like, they're saying 'I don't have a hate-boner for feminists like the rest of imgur, so I don't think 'Supports equality' is enough of a reason to hate someone'.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
A little backstory:

This one was posted by a med school classmate who went into rehab medicine and is now doing a pain medicine fellowship. He is of chinese descent, and grew up in York PA. In medical school, he got dumped by his long-term girlfriend and became a MASSIVE redpill PUA dude who would go to the grocery store solely to try to hit on women. I once witnessed him walk up to 3 women eating lunch at panera and without making any attempt to differrentiate them as individuals asked for all their numbers and if they would come on a date with him sometime. In the intervening years, thanks to securing a residency at an Ivy league institution, he has only further deolved into believing that he lives in a 1960s world where women really just want to be nurses and accept his advances. Anyhoo, he dropped this monster on all of us on FB today, strap in:

quote:

In the prior two elections, I voted for President Barack Obama. In this year’s election, I will be voting for Mr. Donald J. Trump.
I do not like to post about politics, as I think overall it should be a personal matter. However, given the widespread disinformation about Mr. Trump, I simply could not tolerate the injustice any longer. I understand that many brave men and women in my country have sacrificed their lives for my 1st amendment rights, and I feel that it is my duty to exercise those rights at this time, in spite of the fact that my opinion will be unpopular, especially among my own circles.
This is a massive and comprehensive post detailing my reasons for supporting his candidacy. This is NOT meant to start an argument with my friends who are dedicated Hillary supporters—I respect all of you far too much to get into any frivolous argument with anyone. We are all intelligent people, and we will make the best choice we can on Election Day based on our own research and personal experiences. This post is intended for: truly undecided voters, people leaning towards Trump but are unsure, and also full Trump supporters who feel BELITTLED and ISOLATED in the current political climate.

I have a strong interest in business, and so I read several of Donald Trump’s books prior to him ever declaring his run for the presidency. I love books because they are closest thing we have of peering into an author’s mind. His books reveal much about his character, showcasing his many strengths, such as incredible work ethic, massive ambition, competence, and long-term vision. To be fair, they also showcase his weaknesses (which we are all familiar with), such as narcissism, arrogance, and being abrasive. But in the end, what matters most is this: as you read his books, there is an undeniable DEEP LOVE for New York City and the United States that shines through.
This is why I was quite surprised when after he declared his run, every newspaper began to publish articles attacking him. The more he gained in popularity, the more they called him a moron, a bigot, an rear end in a top hat. I remember how during the early primaries, well-respected mainstream pundits called him a complete joke and predicted that he’d be knocked out early. I remember thinking: “Really? I’ve read many of his books—he is cunning, tough-as-nails, with a lifetime of business experience…I wouldn’t underestimate him.” Sure enough, as I followed the race closely, those pundits all turned out to be wrong, time and time again as he smashed his way through the establishment candidates.
When voting, I like to at least try to get a balanced perspective on each candidate, yet whenever I Googled news stories about Trump, over 95% were unilaterally against him—every single major newspaper with the exception of the New York Post. I began to sense that something was very wrong. When a multitude of media outlets are covering an inherently subjective topic, such as a man’s character, and they are all painting the same cartoonish portrait…it is not news or intellectual discourse…honestly, it all begins to stink of propaganda.
As General George Patton said, “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.”
As I researched this further, I found out that the majority shareholder of the New York Times is Carlos Slim, a Mexican billionaire who is an avowed enemy of Trump. The Washington Post is owned outright by Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon), another known strong critic of Trump. On the other hand, the New York Post is owned by the Kushner family, a prominent NYC family that Ivanka Trump has married into, which explains their positive bias. I delved deeper, and it turns out that 6 large corporations control 90% of ALL television networks in the United States. Now, with Wiki Leaks documents showing clear collusion between the Clinton campaign and the media (feeding her questions before debates with Bernie, asking her to vet quotes prior to publication, admitting to having pro-Clinton pieces “lined-up”), it becomes clear that something very insidious is going on. There is corruption being exposed at every level between the Democratic and Republican establishment, the media, and big business in this country. As Election Day comes closer, and the situation becomes more and more heated, this is becoming nothing less than an all-out media war for the hearts and minds of the American people.
I know this may sound like outlandish conspiracy talk to some, but remember that there is clear historical precedent for this: in 1896 the corporate titans of the time, Carnegie, JP Morgan, and Rockefeller essentially bought President McKinley (watch the excellent documentary the Men Who Built America on YT). How did they do this? By pouring money into McKinley’s campaign and also by using their powerful influence to make the newspapers paint William Jennings Bryan as a maniac. Bryan wanted to bust the trusts and reduce the power of the “robber barons” of the time. And so he was subsequently destroyed.
Those 3 business titans essentially ran the country at that time. I mean, why be a king when you can be kingmaker instead? It wasn’t until charismatic Theodore Roosevelt came on the scene that their power was challenged. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve studied the lives of Morgan, Rockefeller, and Carnegie and have the utmost admiration for their genius, but it’s not fair for such men to be controlling our elected officials from behind the scenes.
In my mind, Trump is actually a rebellious anti-establishment candidate in the mold of Teddy Roosevelt. Allow me to make my case by sharing an alternative perspective on a number of misconceptions perpetuated by the media about Donald Trump:

-The media narrative claims that he is moron who somehow bumbled his way into the Republican Nomination-
Trump was not the favored candidate by the RNC by a long shot, and faced a very tough field of 16 career politicians, do you really believe that he somehow stumbled his way into the nomination? No, if you carefully study the primary election, he maneuvered (and at times bulldozed) his way into the position with considerable strategy. In the early stages of the primary, when he began hurling over-the-top insults at Jeb Bush, most people saw him as an unhinged. Yet it did exactly what he intended to do: it instantly elevated Trump to the same level as the front-runner of the time, and also drew immense amounts of media attention onto his campaign, drowning out all of the other candidates. All of a sudden, surrounded by firestorms of controversy and attention, he became the most important figure in the election. He then began to take advantage of that ample time to make his case to the Republican voter base. People begin to follow him on Twitter, FB, and watch his full YouTube speeches, at first just for entertainment value, and then were surprised how much he actually addressed the issues conservative voters actually care about—namely border control, national security, trade deals, economy, jobs, and 2nd amendment rights.
During the actual primary debates he continued to attack his main opponents (with perfect “linguistic kills shots” aimed at the weaknesses of each opponent) and dominated them in terms of body language. The media called him a cave-man, and said these tactics would eliminate him from the race. It did the opposite. Several days after each debate passed, when no one could remember the exact lines discussed, they do remember this—that Trump commanded the discussion, while all of the other candidates appeared weak. In an era in which much of the American public (and the rest of the free world) is terrified of ISIS, he presented himself as a strong leader and protector in the minds of the conservative voting base.
I could go on, but basically he used many of the tactics from his own book “the Art of the Deal to spectacular effect, though the media was unable to see this.
To be fair, he certainly has areas where he is deficient in knowledge, such as climate change and medicine/vaccines. Also, he completely lacks the political polish and charm that Obama has. But the mainstream media highly underestimated him because they did not realize that he possesses a very high level of knowledge and competence in other areas such as: marketing, persuasion, negotiation, practical psychology, economics, finance, and the use of social media.
I can sum it up this way: when you read his books, you’ll get the sense that he’s definitely not an intellectual in the mold of an academic; however, he does possess an extremely high degree of cunning and “street-smarts,” which all of his critics have completely overlooked.
In terms of actual leadership skills and overall competence, in spite of what the newspapers write about him, the man has a fantastic track record. Take the Wollman Rink in NYC for example. The city of New York had sunk 12 million dollars into its construction and spent six years without ANY progress. Trump stepped in to build it as charity project, and completed it in 5 months, at a cost of 1.9 million dollars. See 1986 article here: http://articles.philly.com/1986-11-...
The man has amassed his ENTIRE fortune though his ability to organize disparate interests and cut through notorious NYC red tape to build immense real estate projects. Nearly all of them are completed ahead of schedule and under budget. During his career has built countless gorgeous buildings all around the world: http://www.trump.com/real-estate-po... Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone like this in government leadership? Someone who cuts through bullshit and builds? This is why I believe him when he says that he will rebuild the infrastructure of our country—he has already done so very competently in the past.
The press has extensively criticized him on his 900 million dollar loss reported in the early 1990s. But you must put this into context—this was during the NYC real estate financial market crash. You have to understand that during this period many of his peers were completely wiped out and never heard from again. With his leadership, his company pulled through the crisis and came back far more prosperous than it even was previously (probably the inspiration for his slogan Make America Great Again). Business at that level is a cutthroat world and carries high risk. Even Elon Musk, a bona-fide genius who is one of my personal heroes, came very close to losing his ENTIRE PayPal fortune at the inception of Tesla and SpaceX. In fact, Musk still becomes tearful when thinking about those tough years.
They will also claim in headlines that he does not pay taxes. This is simply absurd. The Trump Organization pays millions of dollars in taxes every year. The press is referencing his use of Carryforward Loss—which is legal loophole utilized by every major business that is able to do so. Honestly, what sane person doesn’t take advantage of every tax break they can?
Yes, there are even greater business minds in the world and people who are even richer than he is, but you cannot deny Trump’s immense success. In the simplest terms, I think it’s rather preposterous that reporters are attacking the financial acumen of a man who lives in 3 combined golden penthouses on top of a 5th Avenue skyscraper that he owns.

-The Mainstream Media Calls Him the Ultimate Male Sexist Pig-
While I was in New York City early in the election cycle, I happened to briefly meet a woman who is a personal friend of Trump. She’s a businesswoman with a multi-million dollar net worth--and so I was asking her for some business advice at the time. Given the news frenzy around him at the time, the topic of Trump came up, and it turned out she’s known him for decades and her daughter is good friends with Ivanka. When I asked what she thought of Trump, and was surprised when she said that she felt he was a very good man. The thing she emphasized most was that she thought he was a great father. Interestingly, she still laughed and admitted that she “cringed” many times when she saw him speak on TV, saying, “Don, did you really have to say it like that?”
So here’s a woman who is a multi-millionaire and a total boss, who had known him for many years, and did not think that he was sexist, and instead vouched for his character. Her description of him flies directly in the face of the media narrative. Yet if you look at additional accounts from female Trump Organization executives, they agree with her.
This is a video by Lynne Patton, a female, African American high-ranking executive in the Trump Organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxa...
Another account by a former Trump employee (female, Mexican-American executive assistant): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dah...
Now as the stakes rise higher and the mudslinging on both sides intensifies to levels we have never seen, with sexual allegations thrown by both sides, honestly most of us are not quite sure what to think in regards to this issue. It’s fruitless to argue to argue this topic excessively as it will eventually devolve into a meaningless discussion between whether Trump or Bill is worse. The main point I’m making is that the women who have known him for years describe his character in a way that is completely counter to the way the media portrays him—the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

-The media calls him a racist-
I can only speak for myself, but I am a minority and I am not offended by Mr. Trump. The reason is because I assess people based on actions not on words.
Walk into Trump Tower any day of the week, and you will see that his employees reflect the demographics of New York City—people of every ethnicity and background work there. I remember when I visited Trump Tower last summer, the head security guard that day was a Hispanic gentleman. The media is says that he hates minorities and that all minorities hate him, yet he entrusts minorities with his life and the lives of his children and grandchildren.
I have met many men like Trump during my life, often as my patients (usually at VA hospitals). They are gruff old men of his age group, and they remind me of Clint Eastwood’s character in Gran Torino. They smoke, use profanity freely. They watch Fox News while complaining loudly about Obamacare. Some have asked me, with complete seriousness, when I moved from China, though I was born here, and compliment Asians as a “hard-working people.” Though nurses will ask if I’m offended by it, I honestly really don’t give a poo poo. The reason is that these men have absolutely no malice or ill-will in their heart when they say things like that. They may be uncouth and non-PC in speech, but they mean zero harm. To be honest, these guys often are my favorite patients, because I can talk and joke freely with them.
After reading several of Trump’s books, I never came across any racist sentiment in any of them. The impression you get repeatedly from his writing is that the only thing he really cares about is merit. He couldn’t care less if you are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or purple—the only thing he cares about is competence.
I’ve been very fortunate in this country to have encountered minimal racism during my life. The few times I have during my adult life, it has never been the cartoony portrayal of racism in the movies or media. It has always been in the form of whispers behind my back and closed doors, and often by people who should “know better.”
Clinton has branded herself outwardly as the candidate for minorities. However, in a recent WikiLeaks email, it shows Podesta, her campaign manager, referring to Hispanics as “Needy Latinos.” In the past she has referred to African American youth as “super predators.” The point is not that these are any worse than the things Trump said…it is that Trump has never even pretended to be PC, whereas Hillary’s entire brand is built on being the ultimate “advocate for minorities,” when really she is no different than he is.
Neither candidate is ideal in terms of their language when talking about minorities. But in my personal opinion, I’ll take someone who is an rear end in a top hat to my face over someone who is a viper behind my back any day of the week.

-The media claims that he made fun of a disabled man-
I’m a physician specializing in the care for the disabled, and this would be a huge problem for me if it were true. But this is completely false. For whatever reason, Trump waves his hands around wildly in a strange manner to portray someone who is flustered. He makes the exact same motions when making fun of an army general, Ted Cruz, and even of…himself. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8J... showing that he is clearly not trying to mock an upper motor neuron spasticity pattern.

-The media calls him a bully-
Few people know this, but I was bullied rather viciously during middle school. At that age it is not easy to be scrawny, nerdy, and Asian. However, I relate to Donald Trump in this election. People are bewildered by this, but let me explain.
Anyone who has been seriously bullied in the past knows that the television stereotype of the bully being the lone weird kid with self-esteem issues is a false portrait. We know that bullies form in packs, like hyenas. If the group of cool kids is out to get you, you’re in big trouble. They never portray this on television, but if you are being bullied, you are utterly alone against many. The regular kids don’t dare side with you or stand up for you. The teacher will turn a blind eye. You are on your own.
It only ever stopped when one day I couldn’t take it any longer and turned around and struck my worst bully in the head. Yeah, I got in some minor trouble, but it was worth it, because he left me alone after that.
Today I am actually very grateful that I was bullied because of all the life lessons it afforded me. I learned that bullies will fold like a napkin if you hit actually hit back. I learned that bullies hunt in groups and look for an easy target, and the only way to stop it is to make yourself strong, and to fight if need be. No one else is going to help you.
This is why I relate to Trump. He is fighting people coming at him relentlessly from all sides—the democrats, every television station and newspaper, celebrities, late-night comedians, and even disloyal members of his own party. Hillary has all of the “media cool kids” on her side.
Yes, in many of the cases Trump has instigated fights too, but in all those cases, they have been against other rich, old powerful men, like Jeb Bush, John McCain, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz. He fights with his equals to gain political capital, which is very different than bullying.
Megyn Kelly is perhaps most famous for being “bullied” by Trump, yet in reality their feud increased her show’s ratings immensely. Furthermore, they also apologized to each other, made up and became friends later (which is kind of funny) and she even did a TV special with him at Trump Tower afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGP...

-They Say Trump rallies are full of hate-
The media will never show you this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03B... of an African American gentleman’s experience at a Trump rally. As he says, “I heard bad things about Trump, but I wanted to see for myself what he had to say.” In the video, he describes the Trump supporters as actually very peaceful. It’s a very well thought-out video and I ask you to please watch it to get an objective person’s assessment of the rally.
Here is a video of what a Trump rally actually looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5...

-They say Trump supporters are a group of uneducated morons-
I find it funny how the media, which is supposedly against bigotry, would ascribe a single negative stereotype to a heterogeneous group of people that composes half of our country. There are Trump supporters from every ethnicity, religion and educational background. In light of this, I find it rather insulting that the media will find, among thousands, one crazy man with snaggle-tooth and parade him around as the “typical Trump supporter.” No one would dare say, all Asians are XYZ on TV. Yet they routinely will say, all Trump supporters are bigots, are sexists, or whatever else.
Yes, it is true that a large portion of his support comes from working-class Americans in “fly-over” states. The media elites turn their nose up against them, and calls them uneducated, and implies that their opinion is somehow invalid.
Let tell you something…“uneducated” does not mean unintelligent. There are millions of people in our nation who have not been given the educational opportunities that I have been blessed with, and are very intelligent.
Trump is loved by the working class because he does not talk down to them or condescend. He speaks in plain language, from the heart, as if he is one of the people. Is it not an amazing achievement that the man who has a solid gold bathroom can make us feel like he is one of us? This is something that no career politician has accomplished for a long time.
The media parades his embarrassing remarks all over the airwaves and says that we support him because of these insensitive remarks. No--we are all as embarrassed by them as you are. We know that his motor mouth is his biggest strength and his biggest liability.
We support him because of all the other things he says that the media never covers—the other 99% of his speech content that the media never shows.
Listen to a full Trump speech on YouTube and you will be pleasantly surprised.
He will talk endlessly about his plans for bringing jobs from overseas, about rebuilding our crumbling our infrastructure, about wanting peace with Russia, about actually fighting the threat of ISIS, about ending corruption in Washington and limiting the influence of powerful donors, about protecting our second amendment rights, about building our military and supporting our veterans. He talks about what Republican voters actually care about, unlike the establishment politicians, who are completely out of touch with the voter base.
Yes, the man is rough around the edges and uncouth at times. But we can see past that to the vision he has for our country: prosperous and strong.

-They say he has a “bromance” with Vladimir Putin-
This is true. Putin has been quoted praising Donald Trump, and he has returned the compliment. They admire each other’s strength. Trump has talked many times about wanting friendly relations with Russia. And yet somehow the media frames this as a bad thing. Why? Russia is a nuclear superpower with enough armaments to destroy the Earth several times over. Regardless of how you feel about their internal policies, friendship with Russia is our ONLY option if we want to avoid wiping out every human being on planet Earth.
It is absolutely contradictory for the media to condemn Trump’s desire for friendship with Russia while simultaneously painting him as lunatic who wants to start a nuclear war.
Trump wants friendship with Russia and to work together with Putin to fight ISIS. Wouldn’t that be nice? Instead of having 2 of the world’s most powerful nations fighting each other and causing a nuclear apocalypse, why don’t we pool our resources to fight an enemy that terrorizes the entire world? Is that not logical?
Putin has his flaws, but he is a smart man. And he does NOT want war with the United States. That is why he supports Trump.
Is Russia hacking the DNC and feeding to Wiki Leaks? No one knows. It is possible. They certainly have the resources. But if they are doing so, it is out of self-preservation. They are looking for a friend, and know that if the United States becomes an enemy, the world will end.
Dr. Jill Stein’s take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krn...
Under our current administration, US and Russian relations are rapidly deteriorating. Former Soviet Leader Mikail Gorbachev, a Nobel Laureate, warns that our current relationship is worse than during the Cold War: http://www.rferl.org/a/gorbachev-so...
This is so important that I would honestly vote for Trump based on this alone.

-They say he is unfit to be Commander in Chief-
He actually has the support of 88 retired generals and admirals: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...
He also has the support of a Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, a man whom I admire greatly. He is the author of the excellent Lone Survivor (Mark Wahlberg starred in the film adaptation) and has fought terrorism firsthand in Afghanistan. His 3 comrades during operation Red Wings were all killed by Jihadists. However, he was also saved by an Afghan villager who risked his own life to shelter him. I trust Luttrell because he is a man of great depth and sees the complexities of the conflict; he has seen violence that Jihadists and ISIS fighters are capable of, but also has experienced the immense kindness and selflessness of ordinary civilians in the Middle East. I cannot claim to know the intricacies of the war on terror, but Marcus Luttrell does, and he has endorsed Trump for Commander in Chief. Watch his moving RNC speech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy4...

-They call him arrogant-
This assessment is true. It is his biggest weakness, and has been throughout his entire life. During the primaries he was unwilling to apologize for even his most embarrassing speech fax paus. But interestingly, people who follow the election closely have noticed him changing in the past few months of the election.
In his own words: “I have traveled the country talking about change for America, but my travels have also changed me. I’ve spent time with grieving mothers who’ve lost their children, laid-off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future. I have gotten to know the great people of our country and I’ve been humbled by the faith they’ve placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow, and will never, ever let you down.”
He is actually beginning humble himself during course of his campaign. The world is turning upside down. Of course Trump is still Trump, but can you imagine him saying this during the primaries? I believe in redemption and I think many other Americans do too.

-The media says that he only wants the Presidency because he is greedy for power-
Before he ever ran for office, Donald Trump was already one of the wealthiest men in New York City and world-famous. He ALREADY had wealth, power, and fame beyond what any of us could imagine. If he needed a political favor done, he could often just pay for it. With a net worth of 4.5 billion, he wouldn’t have to lift a finger for the rest of his life if he didn’t want to. Yet instead he now works furiously 7 days a week on the campaign trail while enduring relentless personal attacks. Furthermore, he has also put his own safety and safety of his family at risk. The Trump family receives frequent death threats because the media has painted him so frequently as evil.
Also, he is taking a massive financial hit by running for President, estimated in the hundreds of millions of dollars. In the primary he was funding his campaign exclusively by himself, and now is still funding the vast majority of the campaign with his own wealth. He rents out every stadium with his own money. Furthermore, his brand has also been damaged very severely by the constant media attacks and may take many years to recover after this election. Though he has become wildly popular with working-class Americans during this period, his new fans are not the ones who can afford to stay at his luxury hotels or use his golf courses. On the other hand, he has garnered the ire of the upper middle class and richer—those who subscribe to the New York Times and the Atlantic Monthly—the people who can actually afford to be his customers. People may scoff at the idea, but he is actually sacrificing a great deal to run. While the Clintons have gotten very rich during their time in public service, Trump is losing loads of his own wealth for a chance to be in public service.
The last secret is this…he doesn’t even like politics. He believes that the political world is filthy place and that it is “a very mean life.” In his books, he says time and again that his greatest love is creating skyscrapers and other beautiful buildings—and hates when anything that takes time away from that passion. The only reason he is running is because he wants to improve our country. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCa...

The recent revelations from the Wiki Leaks have been very troublesome (and gotten nearly zero media coverage). There is evidence that Saudi Arabia and Qatar have provided extensive financial support of ISIS: http://www.investors.com/politics/e... -- and that frighteningly enough, these two countries have also donated millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. These countries are supposed to be our allies in the Middle East. Also, how have they influenced her policies and decisions as Secretary of State? How can she can she possibly fight ISIS when her own donors fund ISIS?
If the person that the DNC chose as a PRESIDENTIAL candidate has such a terrible conflict of interest, how many other politicians in Washington are involved in activity of this nature? You begin to understand why the corporate media and many of the establishment politicians are fighting tooth and nail against Trump—they need to cover their own asses. God, if only they could fight ISIS with such fervor. Our entire system is very broken. And only someone from outside of it can challenge that.
Jon Voight’s plea to America to clean up the corruption in Washington: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP-...
It’s funny to think that if Trump had never entered the race, this year would be Jeb Bush Vs. Hillary, the two candidates vetted and approved by our establishment. Yes, Bush Vs. Clinton…again. We the people would have the illusion of choice…without really having choice.
Bernie Sanders was an outsider and anti-establishment. He was loved by many and had an unparalleled charisma, and should have been the democratic nominee based on his popularity. Between the super-delegates and the media bias in favor of Hillary, they buried him.
If you’re a conservative and reading this, we cannot allow them to do the same with our candidate. Realize that the corporate media has portrayed him extremely unfairly…when you look at him objectively, the reality is that we haven’t had a candidate this strong since Ronald Reagan.
The media elites and Hollywood stars love to bash Trump and express outright disdain for the millions of working-class citizens who support him. But they are not the ones who wear the uniform and spill blood for our country during wartime. They are not the ordinary workers who suffer from a globalist economic policy. They have a completely different agenda than everyday Americans.
Of course Donald Trump has his flaws like any other politician. However, he has a number of unique strengths that we may never again see in one candidate:
He is an independently wealthy billionaire, which makes him beholden to no one. He cannot be bought.
Whether you love him or hate him, no one can deny that he has one hell of a backbone. He will stand up for the American people.
He is unabashedly patriotic and loves our country deeply.
These are indeed strange times we live in, but with this combination of traits, he is the one man in politics right now who has the means to challenge the corrupt systems in Washington DC, and there is no telling if anyone else will ever come along who will be able to do so in such a bold fashion.
If you are a Trump supporter, do not allow anyone to bully you for your political views. Differences of opinion and the ability to voice them are what make our country great. Respect all but stand STRONG in your own beliefs.
As a Trump supporter, you may feel alone and outnumbered. But the truth is: this is a much closer race than they’ll ever let you believe. Trump garnered more primary votes than even Ronald Reagan! He rocks out stadiums with 15 thousand people on weeknights. We are a quiet group, but our votes will be loud and clear. If you are uncertain of how to explain your choice to others, feel free to share this.
I feel that the United States is the greatest country on Earth, and I am so proud to live here. I have been given the privilege of endless opportunity here in America, and the country has been so kind to me all of my life. Our country has sadly become far too divided in the past few years. We squabble among ourselves over meaningless and petty issues, as our country grows weaker. We focus on our differences (conservative, liberal, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, etc.) rather than what we have in common with each other. Whatever the outcome of this election, we need to start pulling together as an American people and work to strengthen our nation as one people, unified.
God Bless the United States of America. Thank you for your time.
#MAGA
#Trump

just choose any random chunk of that. Don't try to take it all in at once.

RolandTower has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Oct 18, 2016

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Saw Azealia Banks was trending on Facebook, surprisingly the comments are more crazy than she is.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Data Graham posted:

"Every few years we have to come up with a new term because of political correctness, and then a few years later that term is offensive and we have to come up with a new one!" :bahgawd:

It is funny though how people just keep being dicks no matter how you change the language. Like "special needs" is a nicer version of "retard" was a nicer version of "imbecile", but I hear people use "special" as an insult all the time even though they wouldn't say "retard" anymore. It's almost as if changing the language does nothing if you don't fix the underlying prejudice.

Then there's the predictable human tendency to take ownership of words that are used against them. Seen a few idiots walking around in "deplorable" shirts lately.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Imagined posted:

It is funny though how people just keep being dicks no matter how you change the language. Like "special needs" is a nicer version of "retard" was a nicer version of "imbecile", but I hear people use "special" as an insult all the time even though they wouldn't say "retard" anymore. It's almost as if changing the language does nothing if you don't fix the underlying prejudice.

I think it's something of a vain hope to think people won't use whatever the term is for "person with low intelligence" as an insult.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Picnic Princess posted:

Sorry this is from the Anti-Sheeple Anti-GMO Anti-Monsanto Anti-American Imperialism "Totally Woke" IOSM department.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

RolandTower posted:

A little backstory:

This one was posted by a med school classmate who when into rehab medicine and is now doing a pain medicine fellowship. He is of chinese descent, and grew up in York PA. In medical school, he got dumped by his long-term girlfriend and became a MASSIVE redpill PUA dude who would go to the grocery store solely to try to hit on women. I once witnessed him walk up to 3 women eating lunch at panera and without making any attempt to differrentiate them as individuals asked for all their numbers and if they would come on a date with him sometime. In the intervening years, thanks to securing a residency at an Ivy league institution, he has only further deolved into believing that he lives in a 1960s world where women really just want to be nurses and accept his advances. Anyhoo, he dropped this monster on all of us on FB today, strap in:

just choose any randome chunk of that. Don't try to take it all in at once.

Read the part about Trump's books. He knows Ghost Writers are a thing, right?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
And only NOW do I realize the Cute Thread subtitle is riffing on the Deplorable thing. Am I the idiot on social media here?

(the answer is yes)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

somekindofguy posted:

And only NOW do I realize the Cute Thread subtitle is riffing on the Deplorable thing. Am I the idiot on social media here?

(the answer is yes)

This is more anti-social media, I think.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

RolandTower posted:

A little backstory:

This one was posted by a med school classmate who when into rehab medicine and is now doing a pain medicine fellowship. He is of chinese descent, and grew up in York PA. In medical school, he got dumped by his long-term girlfriend and became a MASSIVE redpill PUA dude who would go to the grocery store solely to try to hit on women. I once witnessed him walk up to 3 women eating lunch at panera and without making any attempt to differrentiate them as individuals asked for all their numbers and if they would come on a date with him sometime. In the intervening years, thanks to securing a residency at an Ivy league institution, he has only further deolved into believing that he lives in a 1960s world where women really just want to be nurses and accept his advances. Anyhoo, he dropped this monster on all of us on FB today, strap in:

just choose any randome chunk of that. Don't try to take it all in at once.

lmao, besides the fact that Trump got rich by slapping his name on things and not actually building them, I know he liked to skim funds off the top for himself and frequently stiffed contractors/architects (according to people I know who have worked with him before).

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Plom Bar posted:

Read the part about Trump's books. He knows Ghost Writers are a thing, right?

Like I said, just choose one chunk at a time. If you try to take it in all at once it will ruin you. Try to find the part where he declares himself a kindred spirit to trump, because they are both overcoming terrible bullying to achieve great success.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bean_shadow posted:

When Chelsea was eleven or so Rush Limbaugh said she looked like a dog.

well did she?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Blizzard announced a new game mode for Hearthstone where you can pay $10 or 1000 in-game currency to compete in a tournament style set up for really large prizes. People are, naturally, very salty about this.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

change my name posted:

Blizzard announced a new game mode for Hearthstone where you can pay $10 or 1000 in-game currency to compete in a tournament style set up for really large prizes. People are, naturally, very salty about this.

"Get a job, hippies"

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm a fan of the liberal redneck.

https://youtu.be/l71Pvvnp3oE

Dude is awesome.

This guy is pretty great. Still won't make my family understand my points any better, but at least they will understand the accent.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Field Mousepad posted:

Dude is awesome.

Pro fuckin' click.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

trapped mouse posted:

I agree, it did sound a little sketchy when the Clintons invented the concept of giving preferential treatment to your children.

Is it just me, or is the concept of "liberals and democrats are all rich and using their money to exploit the impoverished unfunded republicans" gaining some traction? It's not even remotely true, but it's still worrying if enough people believe it...

The concept of everything bad=liberal and everything good=real conservative is already firmly implanted in the right wing media bubble.

The echo chamber these people got going in your country is really crazy and worrying imo.

RolandTower posted:

Anyhoo, he dropped this monster on all of us on FB today, strap in:.

Proof once more that getting a good degree does not mean you're a clever person. The level of idiocy, wilful ignorance and "hey, a Mexican woman said he ain't bad so it's cool right?" is pretty amazing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

W..what? like even if you're down with jesus you can only ever save yourself (Also you know you can't actually save anyone and it's only through the grace of god that people can be saved but whatever)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I think it refers to the act of evangelizing to spread Jesus's message and thus help bring salvation

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Scratch Monkey posted:

I think it refers to the act of evangelizing to spread Jesus's message and thus help bring salvation

Sounds kinda gay.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Field Mousepad posted:

Dude is awesome.

Holy loving hell, this guy is amazing.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Is this like those price comparison sites for your gas and electric but for religions instead?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Rondette posted:

Is this like those price comparison sites for your gas and electric but for religions instead?

Yes, this is the exact joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Wise words from the man who bankrupted a loving casino.