Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

dont we already have a candle pokemon

it's alolan litwick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This one looks like vivi though :3:

Yeah, just worked out who he reminded me of and no wonder I like him.

Fairy ghost perhaps?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ok im done

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Holy poo poo wimpod just got on the squad whatta beast. At last! I've finished my two teams for sun and moon. What a glorious day! Team Pretty Princess and Team Murder Face are ready to go!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
awww, I'm disappointed this happened. Stupid Nintendo, stupid dataminers, and stupid me for not bailing on this thread pages ago.

really surprised that Komala is single-stage, and that the toucan is Pikipek's final form.
I guess I'm not at all surprised that they didn't add that many more new Pokemon, though.

at least we don't know anything about them.

So, the Alola Pokemon lineup is like:
1. Rowlet
2. Dartrix
3. archer owl
4. Litten
5. Torracat
6. heel tiger
7. Popplio
8. Brionne
9. pop star siren
10. Pikipek
11. half-toucan/half woodpecker
12. toucan
13. Yungoos
14. Gumshoos
15. Grubbin
16. Charjabug
17. Vikavolt
18. Crabrawler
19. yeticrab
20. Oricorio
21. Cutiefly
22. Ribombee
23. Rockruff
24. Lycanroc
25. Wishiwashi
26. Lurantis
27. Fomantis
28. Stufful
29. Bewear
30. little freaky thing
31. big freaky thing
32. Morelull
33. shroomhead
34. Salandit
35. bigger Salandit
36. possibly a sea urchin
37. possibly a large sea urchin
38. Mudbray
39. Mudsdale
40. Turtonator
41. Drampa
42. anchor-thing
43. Sandygast
44. Palossand
45. Comfey
46. Wimpod
47. Badasspod
48. Komala
49. Bruxish
50. Type: Null
51. Silvally
52. Pyukumuku
53. Mimikyu
54. Oranguru
55. Passimian
56. Minior
57. Togedemaru
58. Bounsweet
59. Steenee
60. Tsareena
61. Jangmo-o
62. Hakamo-o
63. Kommo-o
64. Tapu Koko
65-67. Island guardians
68. little Lunala
69. Lunala
70. little Solgaleo
71. Solgaleo
72. Magearna
73. Marshadow

are the Ultra Beasts actually counted as Pokemon?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend linked me to this

I swear

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So what you're saying is we can catch Guzma. Hum. I can roll with that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

What if Marshadow is Mimikyu without its sheet?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Beautiful. No spoilers this time.

:cawg:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

holy poo poo a lot has happened in the last 4 hours

i love babe dugtrio and fathead persian

i love ugly golem

i love data minors

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

persian looking good, not better than meowth though

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i can't believe komala and pyukumuku dont evolve

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Neat thing I found playing the demo: If you capture a Pikachu with two electric-type moves (Nuzzle and Electroball) and equip it with Electrium Z, tapping its Z-moves button in-battle gives you two options for Gigavolt Havoc - one at 100BP, one at 160. Also they've got 10 PP each which I guess only applies to playing in-game

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Bananachin posted:

Neat thing I found playing the demo: If you capture a Pikachu with two electric-type moves (Nuzzle and Electroball) and equip it with Electrium Z, tapping its Z-moves button in-battle gives you two options for Gigavolt Havoc - one at 100BP, one at 160. Also they've got 10 PP each which I guess only applies to playing in-game

Why would you ever want to use a weaker version of gigavolt havoc though? :confused:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

Why would you ever want to use a weaker version of gigavolt havoc though? :confused:

Differing accuracy perhaps?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Some of us prefer more tame havoc, thank you

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm the rusty seaweed covered anchor pokemon with the big pirate ship wheel

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Robin Hoot is real, it's all I really care about. Overall, pretty rough set of new Pokemon.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Akett posted:

Differing accuracy perhaps?

Accuracy isn't shown on Z-moves, although it is given in the tooltips for regular moves. Unless I want to get wailed on by a Yungoos with Mud Slap I can't test whether Z-moves always hit or if they can be affected by a user's accuracy.

The Gigavolt Havoc with higher base power does glow/sparkle every other second though which is helpful?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
So if I'm understanding this right, instead of just being Liger Zero/Galeon, Solgaleo is actually...

Complete with Matrix of Leadership.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The video said gigavolt cant miss

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm the rusty seaweed covered anchor pokemon with the big pirate ship wheel

I'm the Isopod who was picked on in high school got super murder buff and has come back for revenge.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i bet the wimpod evo is like two feet tall

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I'm the middle Dugtrio

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Additionally: You can equip multiple pokemon in your party with the Z-stone simultaneously

If there's a Gigavolt Havoc for every type, this'd make the various elemental hyper beams and recoil moves more usable, depending on how much BP Z-moves cap out at you could have a lot of fun with those

Lemme drop a mountain on folks with a Rock Wrecker Crustle, or use the ultimate Hydro Vortex Water Spout Wailord is what I'm sayin

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

I'm the middle Dugtrio

My God you're beautiful

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alola Persian is bad but I like everything else.

The demo is fun and this game's soundtrack rules.
Riding Tauros is way better than using a bike even though it's a shame it doesn't get it's own music like the bike does.
It's cool that you show up in your riding outfit in battle when you're wearing it but that does mean I won't be seeing the sweet outfit i will be wearing all the time.
The game looks really pretty and the animations are cool.
Being able to add a newly caught pokemon straight to your party even if it's full is good.
Switching pokemon positions in the menu just by pressing Y is an interesting change. Probably faster in the long run but it'll take a bit to get used to.
I like that when you're almost about to be seen by a trainer the borders darken. Should make it easier to avoid trainer battles when you want to.
If Pokefinder replaces dex-nav as a way to get cool and good pokemon without having to run around hoping for a 5% chance for them to spawn, i'll be happy. But i'm not certain it'll end up like that.
Team Skull are already the best villain team of all time and i've only interacted with them for like 2 minutes.

I'm hyped to play this game for real in a month.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hanson's back guys! In pokemon form.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

* In addition to Salandit, there's New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of "rugby monkey"---a monkey with a ball, apparently?

which ones are the dolphin/snowman

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The only thing I've seen that I'm kind of disappointed in is Crabrawler's evolution. I was hoping it was just the single stage...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope they add a bunch more Alola forms in Pokemon Star or whatever, because I love most of the new designs and it's a good way to use cool old friends and still make them new and exciting. Also, from everything i've heard it was really well received.

And most importantly I just really want Alola Farfetch'd. Come on Gamefreak just do this for me.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Kinda hope there'll still be friends that haven't been leaked. Was hoping for alolan forms of the gen 1 fossils and the hitmonboys.

Tho my real hope is that my favourite dudes aren't a pain to find. I basically speedran my way to the safari zone in AS.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

* In addition to Salandit, there's New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of "rugby monkey"---a monkey with a ball, apparently?

which ones are the dolphin/snowman

They might've thought Crabrawler's evolution was a Snowman. Don't know about the dolphin.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ometeotl posted:

Then I would be super happy.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I'm in Australia at the moment but I have a UK 3DS and UK account, the demo is not showing up to download in the store. The category is there but it just has trailers. Am I not going to be able to download this?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Then I would be confused why Mimikyu is trying to hide itself. Because they are very cute.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

Did Pokestar things have shiny versions?

They did. There needs to be a shiny version in case someone hacks the "Pokemon" in and checks the shiny flag. I'm fairly certain most shiny palettes are still just randomly generated, just a lot of the bad ones like "lime green" are filtered out, so even not-actually-Pokemon get their palettes messed with.

So, yeah, the existence of battle preview images/shinies of the ultra beasts mean basically nothing. There's still no definitive evidence as to whether they're catchable or not, but given that they seem to be people transformed into science monsters, I personally think it's fairly likely they won't be.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So BellTigre. Fire/Fighting or Fire/Dark?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
When I read Salandit's Pokédex blurb this bit troubled me:

Pokédex posted:

Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.

Its evolution seems to have gone further in that direction. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

So BellTigre. Fire/Fighting or Fire/Dark?

The leak with an accurate drawing of it released like a year ago said fire/dark, so I think it's safe to say that's accurate.