Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

It's going to be at least another decade before the Republican Party dies. Even with a big loss this year the Republicans will still hold most of the state governments, and then they can claw back those losses in 2018.

All they have to do in not completely poo poo the bed in 2020 and the Republicans can still draw up favorable districts for at least 4-6 years. At that point who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

21 days. 21 days until this train wreck is ended.

And Clinton is officially up 8.1 and 7 points over Trump on the Huffington Post and Real Clear Politics pollster aggregators respectively. Those margins match, and in some cases surpass, her lead over Trump in the aftermath of the DNC over two months ago.

It's almost over guys. And we're gonna win BIGLY.

I admire your optimism that this is gonna be over 21 days from now.

This is gonna turn into Bush v. Gore 2: Electorate Boogaloo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bassetking posted:

That would require a close election, which this won't be.

SlackJawedMoron
Aug 12, 2015
Does anyone have idea idea why certain more paranoid sectors of le interwebs are suddenly jumping up and down about war with Russia? Hardly unusual I suppose, but usually there's some sort of precipitating event and I can't see any major ones.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don't see the Republican Party dying anytime soon while they still dominate at the state and local level and will almost certainly hold the house and only miss the senate by a few seats. Any "death" will have to occur after 2022.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bassetking posted:

Trump tries that RGB will grab him by the balls and deny his request.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

SlackJawedMoron posted:

Does anyone have idea idea why certain more paranoid sectors of le interwebs are suddenly jumping up and down about war with Russia? Hardly unusual I suppose, but usually there's some sort of precipitating event and I can't see any major ones.

General increase in saber rattling rhetoric from Russia about Syria sparking World War 3 if the US dares do anything there, with propaganda sources helping fuel the flames. Same bullshit as usual.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 18, 2016

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Themagicalgoat posted:

All I know about Mussolini is that he made the trains run on time. But I would love to hear some sources on fascist fuckups.

I dunno, I mean you try to be a good fascist and support your buddy Hitler by sending him all your Jews and other undesirables and help him out in the war, but you make one train run on time just once and well, that's all you're remembered for.
It's enough to make Il Duce weep!:italy:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Drumpf is a mother loving fascist *some property gets hurt* oh my god are you okay?

SlackJawedMoron
Aug 12, 2015

Zebulon posted:

General increase in saber rattling rhetoric from Russia about Syria sparking World War 3 is the US dares do anything there, with propaganda sources helping fuel the flames. Same bullshit as usual.

Cheers. Must be overthinking this.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope the Republicans don't learn their lesson from this, or at least disregard it and continue to pursue short-term power in ways that destroy their long-term viability. Let them bleed out as quickly as possible; the "party of Lincoln" served its purpose, then survived so long since that it's now completely opposed to all that, and needs to be retired. It's time for a replacement.

Maybe we can bring back the Progressive Party, except as a major one rather than a third-party spoiler.

Edit: Well, alternatively, they could learn their lesson and actually become a decent, not-terrible party and work to actually measurably improve people's lives, but that seems so ridiculously unlikely.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

The whole 'downfall of the GOP' thing drives me nuts. They are absolutely butchering the Dems at the state and local level, and the ramifications of that are going to be felt for decades. When Planned Parenthood has 50-state coverage and we're talking about how local government is too cozy with the unions again, maybe we can start thinking about calling it a downfall.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SlackJawedMoron posted:

One of the big themes with the right is that they believe we should vote for Trump because Putin says so, or else he would be unhappy! It's just them being cowards and refusing to actually come to terms with what they're voting for.

If war is on the horizon, why the gently caress would I want Trump in charge? The man's an imbecile who would fire all generals (promised) and replaced them with ones who would do what he told them (also promised to do)

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Trump would invade Russia in winter instead of just keeping NATO countries safe.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bassetking posted:

Trump trying to claim that he won the election with only 170 EVs and 41% of the popular vote sure will be interesting I suppose?

SlackJawedMoron
Aug 12, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

One of the big themes with the right is that they believe we should vote for Trump because Putin says so, or else he would be unhappy! It's just them being cowards and refusing to actually come to terms with what they're voting for.

If war is on the horizon, why the gently caress would I want Trump in charge? The man's an imbecile who would fire all generals (promised) and replaced them with ones who would do what he told them (also promised to do)

I admit, watching the speed at which the rhetoric changed from 'we gotta stand up to Russia in Ukraine and Syria' to 'if we're not careful going die in nuclear hellfire!!!!' is really baking my noodle.
'

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Trump would invade Russia in winter instead of just keeping NATO countries safe.

I guess a nuclear winter counts.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

hobbesmaster posted:

Hey, at least they'd finally have to stop denying man-made climate change.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump trying to claim that he won the election with only 170 EVs and 41% of the popular vote sure will be interesting I suppose?

100% of the Real American vote, you mean. :patriot:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm going to pretend Trump's actually Zapp Brannigan and would nuke Salt Lake or something real dumb.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Fundamentally the people she'll need to make policy will be unconvinced by any media narrative about mandate. If not enough people win their election then she'll have trouble passing legislation but that'll be because of votes not narrative.

"Convince" is the wrong word. That implies they have beliefs or opinions beyond what the base and their donors demand of them.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Themagicalgoat posted:

All I know about Mussolini is that he made the trains run on time. But I would love to hear some sources on fascist fuckups.

He did not. And, well, the Italians were one of the few major European powers who bore the distinction of being crushed in combat by an African nation, and during WW2 their invasion of Greece failed so spectacularly the Nazis had to swoop in and save the day. Also the Italians couldn't take Malta, an island the size of a handkerchief that was just outside their territorial waters. They pretty much blew rear end.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So what are the odds after weeks of drip drip dripping useless and boring real emails, the Russians wikileaks will leak something truly damning a week before the election thats a complete fabrication?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Any of Assange's new friends in the GOP react to this yet?

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/17/1583749/-Julian-Assange-investigated-for-online-grooming-of-8-year-old-girl

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Tom Guycot posted:

So what are the odds after weeks of drip drip dripping useless and boring real emails, the Russians wikileaks will leak something truly damning a week before the election thats a complete fabrication?

Swift Boat 2: Russian Hullabaloo

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

If Wikileaks had jack poo poo we would have seen it by now. What we are getting now are the blubberings of a narcissist who has made common cause with a tyrant because he's the only guy who doesn't care if he's brought up on charges.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Tom Guycot posted:

Supposedly Assange's dead man's switch has been set off or is about to be. Even if that's true, I doubt there's anything game changing for the US Presidential race specifically. As for everything else in the world, who knows.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

The only thing that's truly damning that will be in the news is the accusation I just linked to

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They're holding out until the right time!

That time is after weeks of Trump being slaughtered in the press and dropping to trailing by double digits, as well as after millions and millions of people have already cast ballots that (with the exception of Iowa) seem to be very strongly in favor of Clinton!

GOTTA WAIT FOR THE RIGHT TIME

They're grognards so they will probably try something November 5th when it is too late because lol guyfoxmask

e - it will be a big notherburger because they've got nothing

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

big money big clit posted:

That would require a close election, which this won't be.

lol Trump isn't gonna concede. Trump TV won't work if he concedes.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Assange seems genuinenly like a narcissistic POS who probably is guilty of a lot of what he's allegedly done, but the sources behind that are legit fishy unless something new came out. Also the general premise doesn't make a lot of sense: why is an 8 year old on a dating site?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kro-Bar posted:

lol Trump isn't gonna concede. Trump TV won't work if he concedes.
Yeah that's why I think that the immediate aftermath of the election will be the end of the GOP. Their candidate is going to reject democracy itself.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah that's why I think that the immediate aftermath of the election will be the end of the GOP. Their candidate is going to reject democracy itself.

you're probably right. If he understands what he's doing like even 40% right now he'll start an American UKIP and fund Trump TV from now to the end of his life.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Did this anti-marijuana legalization ad get posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjtmo2M3Exw

Top tier "think of the children" fearmongering.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Rip Testes posted:

Was this posted? Is it staged? It's making the rounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQtHx5GY164

Just so every one is clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7AmS0rawTY

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

lozzle posted:

Wait in states where pot is legal more people do pot?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lozzle posted:

Does she get concerned about the liquor section in her supermarket?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Epic High Five posted:

Does she get concerned about the liquor section in her supermarket?

uhm but WEED MY FRIEND, have you heard about MARIJUANA?!?!?!!?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kro-Bar posted:

Wait in states where pot is legal more people do pot?

Is that actually true though? Like if you look at international examples, the Dutch don't smoke nearly as much weed as their neighbours who still criminalise it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

lozzle posted:

I like how that ad feels scary even though nothing scary is happening.

• Locked thread