Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Me and my Birb! :spooky:

Wark, WARK, WARK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anyone not using the halloween barding for the next two weeks can basically gently caress off

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
People who have the lorebook, can someone check the monk section? Heard there was some juicy stuff there.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Heavensward's story is still really great. Hilda is immediately an awesome character. I like it a lot.

Thoughts from anyone on the Dark Knight class? I find it pretty enjoyable at Lvl 30 at least, how does it hold up compared to the other tanks?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They're easier to gently caress up with, but I find their toolset the most fun. Haven't done much savage, but they seem to MT/OT as well as anyone else.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Augus posted:

Heavensward's story is still really great. Hilda is immediately an awesome character. I like it a lot.

Thoughts from anyone on the Dark Knight class? I find it pretty enjoyable at Lvl 30 at least, how does it hold up compared to the other tanks?

Better at mitigating magic damage, has the most buttons to press for near equivalent dps, still behind warrior in dps

Its very rewarding to play because you will almost always have an ogcd to press, but it requires a lot more effort than pld or war to get good at

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
It's super chill to do low level dungeons as DRK. You never run out of resources.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Seems like at high level it'll get way too complicated for me, I'll probably prioritize Warrior as my tanking class for now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

boy are my arms tired posted:

i am definitely going to fanfest next year. how expensive (in usd) was the hotel (assuming stay at the paris) + prereg fees?

flying from ohio to vegas also shouldn't break the bank too much....

A couple of things:

1. Fanfest is every 2 years, so next one probably won't be till 2018
2. Paris runs around $270 a night before taxes, but S-E will offer a discount through their site. Just book your hotel as soon as you get tickets. Bally's is a cheaper option right next to Paris. Stay at a hotel that's very close if you can. Don't do what I did and stay at Excalibur.
3. Fanfest tickets were $135 this year
4. Vegas has some cheap flights. You can save a bit of money by flying out on non-popular days (check and see if maybe flying out on a Monday is cheaper. Granted you'll have to stay another night, but see the options)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It didn't occur to me until just now, reading Reddit, that the entire 1-30 CNJ story is a "Please Use Cleric Stance And Attack Spells" lesson

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

It didn't occur to me until just now, reading Reddit, that the entire 1-30 CNJ story is a "Please Use Cleric Stance And Attack Spells" lesson

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

- I argued with honest healers in line, because that's what I do. Every single one of them would say the magic seven words, "I played Druid in World of Warcraft" before arguing their point.

Wouldn't playing a Druid in WoW make you more likely to want to dps over healing? Unless I was literally the only person on the planet to not enjoy the bait and switch in vanilla of "Yeah you'll be playing a hybrid class lmao just kidding you're a healer go gently caress yourself"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
A11S is certainly fun.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

A11S is certainly fun.

I look forward to SE only learning "buttons = good" out of this raid tier.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BrightWing posted:

People who have the lorebook, can someone check the monk section? Heard there was some juicy stuff there.

All I know is Wildargelt is the lost heir of Ala Mhigo

guess I better level monk!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Because it was probably reported and banned before you could get to it.

You just can't re-report someone, so if someone has already been reported by someone, you can't do it. So anyone who can't be reported but is messaging you are in their death throes. It's almost sad.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 18, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Augus posted:

Sadly, Hilda is criminally under-utilized in the patch content. Which is especially weird given how the art team went to the effort of giving her half-elezen ears. Now that we're probably moving away from Ishgard, I doubt she'll have much of a story role going forward.

BrightWing posted:

There are some new bits - first of all, Ala Mhigo got its start almost right after the Sixth Umbral Calamity (the flood), and its origin is straight out of Warhammer, with desperate human refugees escaping the waters by following the brilliant light of a meteor in the sky, leading them to Middenheim the highlands of Gyr Abania and relative safety. The survivors began worshiping Rhalgr, as meteors are typically associated with him, and out of this devotion grew the Fist of Rhalgr (and there's some implication that Rhalgr's Reach is the site of the Temple of the Fist, though it is not named in the book).

The BIG one, though, that I'm not sure is mentioned in game, and is big enough for me to tag: "Widargelt" is a pseudonym of sorts. His true name is Theodred - nephew to Theodoric, the King of Ruin. He's the closest thing to an heir to the Ala Mhigan throne. He may not be aware of this fact, however, because he was raised as a monk since he was, like, a toddler. He was sent to live with the surviving monks when Theodoric was otherwise purging his own family.

I don't see anything super notable beyond that, aside from the fact that due to the design of the Tantra gear enhancing one's ability to use their body's aether, if a scrub were to wear it they'd basically kill themselves from exertion. :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

3.41 Patchnotes posted:

Alexander - The Arm of the Son (Savage)
The duration of High Wire granted to Quickthinx Allthoughts has been reduced from 15 minutes to 30 seconds.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I just noticed that the leader of the XIIth Legion has a gun action draw on his katana.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm imagining the "revamped combat mechanics" being Metal Gear Rising now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Quick MCH question: what cross-class skills do I need?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm imagining the "revamped combat mechanics" being Metal Gear Rising now.

I would kill for this.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

raging strikes, blood for blood, hawk eye, quelling strikes, invigorate

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'm more surprised people aren't talking about Zenos' other weapon. Should look familiar to people who have followed Final Fantasy side projects for long enough.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

best change this patch is that they've finally changed the text on http://xivdb.com/action/50050/enhanced+raging+strike to be Enhanced Raging Strikes now. Been wrong since way into 2.0 alpha!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm more surprised people aren't talking about Zenos' other weapon. Should look familiar to people who have followed Final Fantasy side projects for long enough.

Sorry but I can't tell what you're talking about, mind spelling it out?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ilifinicus posted:

I thought you pick up Feint instead of QS so you can DPS while moving under WM?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

vOv posted:

MCH doesn't need it because they can press different buttons to let themselves move

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad my early hunches about Monk being the new Dragoon were right.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

vOv posted:

MCH can use both ammo and Rapid Fire to eliminate cast times when moving. BRD only has Straighter Shot outside of River of Blood procs and using their oGCDs.

I mean if you don't need Quelling Strikes at all, go ahead and grab Feint, but it's a good safety net.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

Thanks.

So I need ARC 34 and LNC 34. :sigh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Quelling Strikes is good, but it's probably your least priority there.

My Tails book has the exact same duties this week. The prizes are pretty good overall this week too but it's disappointing that it's not trying to get me to try new things.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna have to pay out the rear end to get the lore book shipped to Australia, aren't I? Worst case scenario, I get some friends near Seattle to send it forward.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Intoluene posted:

I'm gonna have to pay out the rear end to get the lore book shipped to Australia, aren't I? Worst case scenario, I get some friends near Seattle to send it forward.

I'm sure an offer of Tim Tams in exchange will have no shortage of people clamouring to do your work.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm 6/9 seals into my last week's book. If I turn it in today do I get a new book for this week?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'm sure an offer of Tim Tams in exchange will have no shortage of people clamouring to do your work.

I can work with this.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

I wouldn't even know what advice to offer on trying to make your character fitting in lore again. It just sucks. All I do know, myself and a lot of others, will be giving Dragoon RPers the time and space to figure out the mess has created for the Dragoon RP community, if it is even fixable. I just suspect to see many retired Dragoons popping up, and I would be okay with this (Hells, I can't blame people for wanting to continue to RP a Dragoon to begin with. Some of you have been doing this for YEARS). You all really can't help it you're roleplaying something what you wouldn't have done if you had this information earlier.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You underestimate the power of Tim Tams, Hobnobs, and Jaffa Cakes.

Can't get anything like them here in the States.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You can buy these at most Wal-Marts in the U.S.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
And a bunch of Seattle-area grocery stores, at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, but who wants to go to a Walmart? (It's me, I'm the one who went to a walmart when there was that pricing glitch that sold game time cards at clearance pricing in the lead-up to HW.)

• Locked thread