Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

They're not. Dugtrio just now has beautiful golden locks. He's still Dugtrio tho

If you can't tell the difference between being bald and how it feels to have luscious golden locks then you belong in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also those new legendaries are loving weird as hell and I love it. Buff mosquito man and giant gaping maw grab own. I don't know what to make of the walking plug monster and the cirque du soleil tent ghost

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This reminds me of something I thought about today.

If we do get Gen IV remakes, I hope those cover legendaries get Primal Reversions. Literally just because of Primal Dialga, and knowing it's not the same in Japanese. :downs:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Crabrawler and Wimpods evos are amazing and now I want to use them.

Also Sandalit's evo is :krad:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Macaluso posted:

Shinies aren't really the same thing, they don't fill out the roster like Megas and Alolan forms do

shinies could have been new artwork 'evolutions' just like megas and etc are without taking up dex space. you seem fine with accepting that they arent, so why do forms get some grudge? gf wants to add easy to create content just like every other dev and i think forms are far better than everything being a plain palette swap like shinies

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Zore posted:

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1476781758068.png

Alolan Pokedex for anyone who wants to see in-game mons

Fun notes
1) The gen IV and V fossils are there but no others are. Plus Aerodactyl. We might get them in-game?

2) Butterfree without Beedrill is odd but not unexpected now that Beedrill has a mega.

3) Very, very few Gen VI pokes overall. There's only a few lines represented

4) Porygon is actually in a national dex again!!!

5) also gently caress you wingull i am so goddamn sick of you

Oh word

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I'd like to trade in the Alolan Forms for more new Pokemon please. I wish they'd stop doing that. I love the designs of some of them, but I would prefer more new Pokemon instead. I didn't like when they did this with Megas either.

I'm in the minority I guess based on this thread but I'm never a fan when one of the games doesn't have a full roster and pads it out with old Pokes. Give me only new Pokemon, all the time.

I'm not certain 1 Alola pokemon amounts to 1 completely new Pokemon. They're probably a bit easier to design and everything, and I legitimately like it when gamefreak gives reason to use some old friends by putting a new spin on them. Not sure if I enjoy it more than giving old pokemon new evolutions, but if they keep the designs to the same generally high degree I won't be mad about it.

Also, i'm surprisingly ok with another 80 new pokemon generation. Especially since I want to use like 50 of them. And considering how many new systems or ideas they seem to have added to SM i'm not going to blame them too much for less pokemon designs.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

imo alolan forms are a pure nostalgia cash grab for old farts but they are also cute and cool looking. win-win for everyone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

alohan formes have new looks, new typing, new abilities, probably new stats, most likely new moves. but they're not new !!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also bubble spider is amazing and I want it to be good so bad you guys. :3:

Also kinda surprised how many single stagers we got. Pyukumyu and Komala I figured for sure would get evos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i want to know more about the rusty anchor + ship wheel pokemon

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So is that a new form for Diancie in the leaks? Guess that pretty much confirms they'll do another giveaway for Diancie in the near future then.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Also bubble spider is amazing and I want it to be good so bad you guys. :3:

Also kinda surprised how many single stagers we got. Pyukumyu and Komala I figured for sure would get evos.

gotta have a stable of baby pokemon to evolve in later titles friend. gamefreak has the future firmly in mind

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

alohan formes have new looks, new typing, new abilities, probably new stats, most likely new moves. but they're not new !!

:rolleyes: Okay I give up posting about this

Wimpod's evolution is awesome and I will kill every Pikachu and Raticate I see with him and eat their insides

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1476781758068.png

Alolan Pokedex for anyone who wants to see in-game mons

Fun notes
1) The gen IV and V fossils are there but no others are. Plus Aerodactyl. We might get them in-game?

2) Butterfree without Beedrill is odd but not unexpected now that Beedrill has a mega.

3) Very, very few Gen VI pokes overall. There's only a few lines represented

4) Porygon is actually in a national dex again!!!

5) also gently caress you wingull i am so goddamn sick of you

Interesting to note pokemon are normally listed in their regional desk by the point you can meet them in game. So Crabrawler can be met pretty early for example but Drampa could be an end game pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I am a little surprised and disappointed we didn't get any old gen evos again. There are still a lot of pokemon that could use them (Girafarig, Castform, Sigilyph etc) and they seem to be tripling down on not really doing them now since Sylveon is the only one in the last three gens.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also Muk is the best Alolan form by far and I will fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Also Muk is the best Alolan form by far and I will fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That's 311 Pokemon in the Alolan Dex.

87 Kanto Pokemon, 30 Johto Pokemon, 33 Hoenn Pokemon, 29 Sinnoh Pokemon (+2 Gastrodon formes), 28 Unova Pokemon, 14 Kalos Pokemon (+2 Zygarde formes) and 81 Alola Pokemon (+5 other forms).

If that's also every Alola Pokemon, then total Pokemon count is now 802.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 18, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

311 pokemon... 311... amber is the color of our energy... diamond pearl amber ...

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
It's pretty obvious Gamefreak really loves the Fire/Fighting Pokemon and want to keep making them. With Fire being a starter type that is the best spot to put one in order for it to get a lot of exposure. They really wanna keep making Fire/Fighting starters but they now know that everyone else has come to hate the idea so they try to get as close as they possibly can without going whole hog.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 18, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

dungeon cousin posted:

It's pretty obvious Gamefreak really loves the Fire/Fighting Pokemon and want to keep making them. With Fire being a starter type it is the best spot to put one in order for it to get a lot of exposure. They really wanna keep making Fire/Fighting starters but they now know that everyone else has come to hate the idea so they try get as close as they possibly can without going whole hog.

pretty sure that the terrible non-cat thing is fire/dark

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also I'm guessing no new fossils since none of the pokemon fit the pattern.

Having Gen IV and V fossils in the regional dex is also super odd. This is the first time they've done that for any fossil except Aerodactyl.

Regardless I will have fun with my good friend Archen on the like 8th run when I've run out of cool new dudes to use.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
fire/fighting pokemon are

*good
*strong
*a good typing

people who hate them are just hipsters, and I love my emboar.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dungeon cousin posted:

It's pretty obvious Gamefreak really loves the Fire/Fighting Pokemon and want to keep making them. With Fire being a starter type it is the best spot to put one in order for it to get a lot of exposure. They really wanna keep making Fire/Fighting starters but they now know that everyone else has come to hate the idea so they try get as close as they possibly can without going whole hog.

I mean was Blaziken REALLY popular in Japan so they decided to double down on Fire/Fighting forever?

Zore posted:

Also I'm guessing no new fossils since none of the pokemon fit the pattern.

Having Gen IV and V fossils in the regional dex is also super odd. This is the first time they've done that for any fossil except Aerodactyl.

It's a stretch but maybe bubble crab and sea urchin could be fossils? Deep sea critters for a bygone era.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

when they don't make a fire fighting we end up with delphox boo. when they do we get infernape and nyandre yeah !!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I mean was Blaziken REALLY popular in Japan so they decided to double down on Fire/Fighting forever?

It's a stretch but maybe bubble crab and sea urchin could be fossils? Deep sea critters for a bygone era.

They aren't back to back in the dex and we know Pyukumyu isn't rock type.

Also lol just realized of the Gen IV mons only the fossils, Garchomp, Lucario and Lumineon aren't old gen evos.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

fire/fighting pokemon are

*good
*strong
*a good typing

people who hate them are just hipsters, and I love my emboar.

There's nothing really wrong with them, but we don't need another.

On the other hand, fighting is a boring type because it's not a cool element or magic, it's literally just being good at hitting things. It's one step removed from normal typing. :colbert:

E: Also, unless I'm blind, it seems odd that the linked Alola dex only has the original 3 eevee evos, unless they introduced a new way to get Umbreon/Espeon and Sylveon.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Waffles Inc. posted:

pretty sure that the terrible non-cat thing is fire/dark

That's what I mean by not going all out. Designed to pretty much be a Fighting-type but is instead something else.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

On the other hand, fighting is a boring type because it's not a cool element or magic

someone doesn't read shounen

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

There's nothing really wrong with them, but we don't need another.

On the other hand, fighting is a boring type because it's not a cool element or magic, it's literally just being good at hitting things. It's one step removed from normal typing. :colbert:

E: Also, unless I'm blind, it seems odd that the linked Alola dex only has the original 3 eevee evos, unless they introduced a new way to get Umbreon/Espeon and Sylveon.

Uh, all the eevelutions are in there. Its by national dex order so they're in their respective gens.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Macaluso posted:

Also those new legendaries are loving weird as hell and I love it. Buff mosquito man and giant gaping maw grab own. I don't know what to make of the walking plug monster and the cirque du soleil tent ghost

Those aren't legendaries. Heck, they might not even be Pokemon in terms of story and stuff.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So did they find no new megas?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

oddium posted:

someone doesn't read shounen

Hamon is cooler then stands.

Okay, that's a lie. But now I want a ghost-fighting pokemon that's literally more or less a stand.

Zore posted:

Uh, all the eevelutions are in there. Its by national dex order so they're in their respective gens.

Oh, I'm an idiot. I just assumed it was Alola dex order or something.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

i think the most interesting thing so far is the box legendary pre-evos

Are the box legendaries gonna be breedable?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Re: the pokedex, no Bellossom???

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

That's 311 Pokemon in the Alolan Dex.

87 Kanto Pokemon, 30 Johto Pokemon, 33 Hoenn Pokemon, 29 Sinnoh Pokemon (+2 Gastrodon formes), 28 Unova Pokemon, 14 Kalos Pokemon (+2 Zygarde formes) and 81 Alola Pokemon (+5 other forms).

If that's also every Alola Pokemon, then total Pokemon count is now 802.

Wow, that seems aggressively sparse considering XY has 450 and Platinum had 217 or something in the fourth gen and we're on 7 now. I'll enjoy em and all, but they could have given Gen 6 more love...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why isn't the demo up in the US yet :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

Those aren't legendaries. Heck, they might not even be Pokemon in terms of story and stuff.

??? What are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Huh... No Heracross and no Azumarill this time around.

I'm not exactly super excited with the regional dex since a lot of the old Pokémon that have been included are ones I've trained already.