Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

??? What are they?

They're Ultra Beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

some folks in discord are saying there's incentives for checking into the demo on different days:

quote:

there is a woman who says someone is arriving in 5 days in the lower left of the town
12 days till a pikachu's birthday in the city hall
tomorrow a guy will give you something good next to the pokecenter
and the police agent knows about a shady deal in 18 days in the harbor
a girl is sailing away on a ship in 24 days in the building in the harbor

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Macaluso posted:

Also those new legendaries are loving weird as hell and I love it. Buff mosquito man and giant gaping maw grab own. I don't know what to make of the walking plug monster and the cirque du soleil tent ghost

I thought the Ultra Beasts were specifically not Pokemon, therefore not catchable?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FishBulb posted:

So did they find no new megas?

megas are back, but now they're for people and called Ultra Beasts

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

fire/fighting pokemon are

*good
*strong
*a good typing

people who hate them are just hipsters, and I love my emboar.

It's because it was the go-to for the fire starters for way too many times in a row. Nothing against the typing, but the creative bankruptcy is strong.

Swole fire cat looks 100% like a fire fighting even if it's ultimately fire dark.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I know HMs are not a thing in SuMo and that you've got a Grass/Flying starter, but I'm still going to miss my buddy Tropius.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Not that I'm unhappy with it, but this is the third two stage mushroom line.

4th

Paras/Parasect
Shroomish/Breloom
Foongus/Amoonguss
Morelull/Morelull2

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I know HMs are not a thing in SuMo and that you've got a Grass/Flying starter, but I'm still going to miss my buddy Tropius.

HOTBANANA will live on forever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

some folks in discord are saying there's incentives for checking into the demo on different days:

This was the case in the ORAS demos as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Macaluso posted:

??? What are they?

Ultra Beasts.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

someone give me the highlights of the datamining

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There's new Pokemon

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

All the Pokemon leaked. 803 total was the count several sources were going with when I went to bed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mabels big day posted:

This was the case in the ORAS demos as well.

oh neat. i didn't play ORAS or the demo

also: what is alolan geodude's story. like what are those black rock things supposed to be. why does it have facial hair. what.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Geostomp posted:

I thought the Ultra Beasts were specifically not Pokemon, therefore not catchable?

What the gently caress. Jesus Christ

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They're some sort of interdimensional beings and with the full reveal all match up with a Team Skull or Aether Corporation character.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Why are people complaining now that we know about Alolan Dugtrio? Everything else is icing on the cake.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

cool

do they know which ones are version exclusive yet

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why is the koala an unevoable?

Is it gonna be like carbink?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

oh neat. i didn't play ORAS or the demo

also: what is alolan geodude's story. like what are those black rock things supposed to be. why does it have facial hair. what.

I heard someone suggest its made of asphalt.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think their lodestones and golem is wooly willy

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

what did they do to Persian's face

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Beltigre's gonna give some jabronies a taste of THE POWER OF BELTIMANIACS WHEN HE DDT'S MACHAMP THOUGH A TABLE AT POKEMANIA XXXI BROTHER

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also its weird we got most of the pseudos but no Tyranitar or Hydreigon.

this ridiculous bias against dark-types will not stand. i will send a very strongly worded letter about this.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

what did they do to Persian's face

Hire Jim Davis as a guest artist.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Alolan meowth was bred for royalty only so of course Alolan Persian is gonna look like an overbred flat faced idiot cat

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oddium posted:

i think their lodestones and golem is wooly willy

golem looks like a rabbi to me :jewish:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Alolan Dugtrio looks like the first three Doctor Whos.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sun, Moon, and Demo are up in the estore as coming soon. LET ME DOWNLOAD YOU poo poo.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I guess the candle one is Marshadow then, I forgot about that name. And one of the tapus looks a bit dolphinesque

Also apparently the Wimpod evo stays bug/water, which is good.

e: wait, the space blobs are pre evos of Solgaleo and Lunala?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

McDragon posted:

Oh, I guess the candle one is Marshadow then, I forgot about that name. And one of the tapus looks a bit dolphinesque

Yeah, evos for Legendaries. Its a brave new world.

Also calling that Alolan Golem is Steel/rock or ground. Its got some striking similarity to Probopass with the magnetic filing facial hair.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

McDragon posted:

They are actually very rare Minior fillings.
Source: my uncle that works at Game Freak, mabels big day.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Eshop in North America has updated the categories but demo is still not available.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
This is cool and all, but no new mega evolutions kinda sucks. It makes sense that they'd want to focus on new pokemon though, but focusing on the whole alolan form thing over megas is kinda eh.

I mean I like the alolan forms, but I'd like some more mega evolutions to choose from is all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Whats the name Marshadow and why are people calling it that?

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Could the tiny blobs be unpowered forms? Much like how there's an unpowered Xerneas.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

This is cool and all, but no new mega evolutions kinda sucks. It makes sense that they'd want to focus on new pokemon though, but focusing on the whole alolan form thing over megas is kinda eh.

I mean I like the alolan forms, but I'd like some more mega evolutions to choose from is all.

Mega Evolution was a mistake and only remains in the game as a legacy option.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Whats the name Marshadow and why are people calling it that?

Marshadow was trademarked with Solgaleo and Lunanala. It is the cute shadow candle thing that is presumably the Rayquaza/Giratina etc of this trio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Sprite141 posted:

I'm sure in Crazy Diamond / Pearl Jam, we'll get Sinnoh and Johto starter megas to make up for this injustice.