Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

oddium posted:

i hope i can bring forward my buffalo mount from red dead redemption online

That fucker was so hard to get, so I hope we can too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sakurazuka posted:

GTA online came with GTA V, it's fairly likely that the same thing will happen in this case.
That's a possibility but considering how popular GTA Online is I wouldn't be surprised if they just focused on that mode and skip an expensive single-player campaign.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Honestly I'd be more excited for Red Dead Online.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

That's a possibility but considering how popular GTA Online is I wouldn't be surprised if they just focused on that mode and skip an expensive single-player campaign.

No. gently caress that. I refuse to accept that this could happen. No. :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No way, that's a crazy idea. RDR2 will absolutely have an absurd single-player campaign. No doubt in my mind this will happen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm with palpek, my understanding is that GTA Online made way more money/return than GTAV so at some level some business guy is like "so why bother with the single player"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it could have no story missions and a customizable character and be nothing but the speedrun bandit hideout instances and cool side minigames and beautiful landscapes and it'd be cool. actually yeah red dead online is what i want

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This would be an improvement on RDR tbh.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They just announced it's Redemption 2, out this time next year so.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/rockstargames/status/788363842329903104

Only PS4 and XBox One listed

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

They just announced it's Redemption 2, out this time next year so.

This however will be worse than RDR.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

2? No better title ideas than that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they had a bunch of "red dead re-" suggestions in a hat that everyone at rockstar came up with and jared leto's joker slipped in "red dead redemption 2"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

:woop: We get to eat the cake and have it too.

Also my PS4 is ready, it's good to have a PC and a console.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

yissssss :supaburn:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they're all john marston but you don't get to play as any of them. you get to play as jack

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want to be a girl cowboy

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Jane Marston would be awesome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I want to be a girl cowboy

And Link

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The Magnificent Slevin

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Well Link already has a horse so he'd fit right in to a western.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

important things in red dead 2edemption:

be a girl
have poncho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No PC version of RDR2 mentioned on the official site. Only shows the PlayStation and Xbox logos.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No PC version of RDR2 mentioned on the official site. Only shows the PlayStation and Xbox logos.

It's because creating a PC version takes time and effort, and PC players keep hacking themselves money and not buying any of the micro transactions or cash cards we keep putting out, so there's no reason to put the effort or money in.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Red Dead Online could just be a Magnificent Seven-type horde mode game and I'd be happy.

I bought Dragon Quest Builders based on my experiences with the demo and with the gushing praise on this thread, but I'm a little sore that my demo progress didn't carry over. On the other hand, having a general idea of what the first few quests are was nice because if you already have the required items or if you've already built whatever the quest giver asks you to build, they give the quest then the completion dialogue all at once. It's a real minor thing, but eliminating the need to talk to the person again is a pleasant reward for being proactive.

There's also a demo for World of Final Fantasy on the PSN. I tried it and by god is the default battle speed slow. Raise it up a few notches from the title screen because there's no way to get to the config menu from inside the game, and the only save point is right before the end. Other quibbles: the ATB bar on the left side of the screen is needlessly small and could be longer by half, easy. You can have six characters on your side and they really crowd that bar and make it hard to see who's getting a turn next. There are some things that aren't explained, which is fine because it's a thin line to walk with tutorials before they become too patronizing. Left and right on the d-pad change who you are targeting and can be done at any time except after you select your attack. The touchpad is auto-battle. You change from Bigstack to Lilstack by making the character on the world screen big or small, not through a menu or during battle. Every creature has a skill tree, but getting the points seems a little slow (1 point per level, costs range from 1-4 points).

I like Final Fantasy and I'm pretty sure I like RPGs, but I wasn't blown away by this demo. It felt so slow and I didn't even make it three screens in before I was dreading getting into a random battle. The demo is a completely standalone product from the whole game though, so maybe if I speed it up and there's a semblance of a story and a goal I'd be more into it. The best part of the game was the descriptions of the monsters you collect. They're all cute and a little jokey, and I can very much see collecting them becoming a fixation like I had in Ni No Kuni. I'm interested in reading reviews of the finished product.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's already too much hype and unrealistic expectations for RDR2. In a year, most of the internet freaking out about this announcement is going to complain about how disappointing RDR2 is.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

There's already too much hype and unrealistic expectations for RDR2. In a year, most of the internet freaking out about this announcement is going to complain about how disappointing RDR2 is.

The more things change... the more they stay the same.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
RDR with GTAV style heists. Controlling multiple characters to stage a train robbery or to bust someone out of jail. Cheating at cards then starting a bar fight. Shooting a man just to watch him die.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

RDR with GTAV style heists. Controlling multiple characters to stage a train robbery or to bust someone out of jail. Cheating at cards then starting a bar fight. Shooting a man just to watch him die.

Heists in single player, still delayed for online for the next three years.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Maybe they'll one up gtav by making the heists good

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It ain't gonna make that release date and we all know it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

It ain't gonna make that release date and we all know it.

Pretty much, yeah. I am expecting Fall 2018.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cease

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/17/demo-now-castlevania-remade-unreal-engine/

and

Desist

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/17/legend-zelda-fans-recreate-links-awakening-using-ocarina-times-engine/

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Can't wait for the PC port in 2020.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good job constantly blinding the player so they can't see poo poo in that Castlevania one.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I said come in! posted:

There was a similar situation with GTA5 and Rockstar lived somehow, this won't be any different.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Good job constantly blinding the player so they can't see poo poo in that Castlevania one.

Hah, I didn't even watch it until you said this, holy crap. The only readable part of the screen is the part they didn't update.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

It does all of that while looking and sounding worse than the NES game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

important things in red dead 2edemption:

be a girl
have poncho

this is literally my only wishlist for the game

sadly I think it's more likely they'll pop the "be a girl" cherry with GTA6 or Agent (is that still coming out? They renewed the trademark)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

• Locked thread