Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm on the fourth case of Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth. Is seriously every case going to be clearing the name of a wrongfully accused person? What's the point of doing a new series if it''s going to be so much like the regular Ace Attorney games?

Because Edgeworth is cool and people wanted to play as him

Don't you think it'd be harder to make interesting cases where they've already arrested the right person? No one likes it in the AA games when they reveal the murderer in the opening cutscene - half the fun is figuring out who really did it. It seems like it kind of shuts down a lot of possibilities for twists if they've already got the murderer. And gameplay wise, if it went to court it would still play the exact same as the other Ace Attorney games except you'd maybe have 'argument' sections against the opposing defense attorney.

I guess if you were playing as Franziska/Blackquill/Godot/Nahyuta you could have a button to physically assault them too but Edgeworth is unarmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Investigations, have multiple suspects and you have to figure out which one did it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's Investigations, have multiple suspects and you have to figure out which one did it.

I've been watching a playthrough of the second game and it seems way better in that regard.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pokemon RBY came out earlier this year, but that seems to be a special case. Hopefully they'll release GSC in due time.

Speaking of which, Pokemon Prism looks pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaUQJP_p1A

this does look cool (I'm a huge sucker for the gen2 aesthetic) but lmao at 60fps on a gbc project

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think I'm gonna be able to beat the Streetpass games before the NX comes out

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm getting the hang of Picross 3D, but I'm still doing that not-so-guessing thing. I'm not really guessing, but like, I can clearly tell when something is somewhere just because of how the puzzle is built.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Pokemon Sun and Moon 3DS demo came out in Japan. It crashed their servers for an hour.

They accidentally left in all the shiny Pokemon models despite replacing all the other data with Pikachu. That video is due out in 2 hours or so.

The game is definitely going to play better on the NEW 3DS and even restarts the home menu like Smash Brothers does. So far I've had some slowdown like in a horde battle while taking on a Totem (as in power leveled) Pokemon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Less than 100 new Pokes this time around. Oh well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think I'm gonna be able to beat the Streetpass games before the NX comes out
It's ok, your 3DS will still exist when the NX comes out.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

irlZaphod posted:

It's ok, your 3DS will still exist when the NX comes out.

Oh, I guess you haven't heard then.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a little info on The Alliance Alive, the new Furyu RPG that's probably a sequel to Legend of Legacy - most of the key staff have returned for this game, so it'll definitely still have that same not-SaGa vibe, but they have someone new writing the scenario: Yoshitaka Muruyama, aka the guy who created and led the team on the good Suikoden games.

There's still no footage but it sounds like they're going for a more conventional structure this time, with something resembling a traditional overworld and narrative.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

They're pretty much all great, though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
So, we (in NA) should probably hold off on buying any 3DS or Wii U games until the eShop update comes out on Thursday, right? It looks like EU got a giant Halloween sale this week.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The eShop is going to crash hard in just a minute. Pokemon Demo comes out for the Americas now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I the only one who doesn't like the Wendy Oldbag character?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

No. I remember getting really upset the first time I saw her return. At this point, I've just resigned myself to having to deal with her lame shenanigans.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Which of her many, many appearances on the show?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just finished the second case last night. It was disappointing because I had basically guessed every twist before the first court segment started. Also some of the right answers for evidence were a little ridiculous. Mainly: When they ask to present evidence that Retinz had ill will if you present the contract that is a penalty and does nothing. You are supposed to present the clipboard. But when you produce the clipboard he starts by presenting the contract.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greatn posted:

Just finished the second case last night. It was disappointing because I had basically guessed every twist before the first court segment started. Also some of the right answers for evidence were a little ridiculous. Mainly: When they ask to present evidence that Retinz had ill will if you present the contract that is a penalty and does nothing. You are supposed to present the clipboard. But when you produce the clipboard he starts by presenting the contract.

Not really. The contract is nothing on its own, it's the clipboard that was the means by which he forged the contract.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Hotel Dusk actually a game or is it all about watching mildly amused characters smoke in an office like Chase: Cold Case?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Hotel Dusk actually a game or is it all about watching mildly amused characters smoke in an office like Chase: Cold Case?

There's some light puzzles but it's mostly talking to people and asking the right questions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SelenicMartian posted:

It definitely feels a hell of a lot more of a game. You are exploring a Hotel, after all.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

We're not getting the black N3DS are we.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
That Pokemon Demo so short! You don't even get any pokeballs.... Bit of a disappointment!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

nerd_of_prey posted:

That Pokemon Demo so short! You don't even get any pokeballs.... Bit of a disappointment!

Play it again. There's some more stuff.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Play it again. There's some more stuff.

Oh yes! That's a bit better then....I can ride Pokemon and that makes me happy!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Why does Bravely Default want me to leave my 3DS on all the time? I get that sleep mode is a convenient feature, but why are they encouraging it so much?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Why does Bravely Default want me to leave my 3DS on all the time? I get that sleep mode is a convenient feature, but why are they encouraging it so much?

I'm pretty sure it's a holdover from Japan, the land of actually being able to get Streetpasses, where you would just have your 3DS asleep in your briefcase all the time anyway.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a holdover from Japan, the land of actually being able to get Streetpasses, where you would just have your 3DS asleep in your briefcase all the time anyway.

Doesn't it charge sp? Which is very useful!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if any of the team that worked on The World Ends With You had any involvement in Bravely Default?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pureauthor posted:

Is that including Alola forms of older ones?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a part in Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth that doesn't make any sense if you know that shadows go away when you shine light directly on them

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse comes out at retail today, $30. It includes some extra content that's not available in other versions of the game: Super Shantae NAB!, an "arcade-style game" that they haven't shown off or said anything about, so who knows how substantial it is.

(It'll be out in PAL-land this Friday.)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what warning message about possibly updating my sd(hc?) card did i just click through without reading when trying to get to the pokes sumo demo

why is this in 2d

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 19, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheKingofSprings posted:

I wonder if any of the team that worked on The World Ends With You had any involvement in Bravely Default?

I'm not certain (just going by rampant Googling, here) but as far as I can tell both games were made by completely different sets of people.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The TWEWY people were absorbed into Nomura's Kingdom Hearts fiefdom.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What happened to Jupiter after TWEWY? Wikipedia just lists a bunch of picross stuff

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Bravely Default team were basically a third party team that borrowed a couple SE artists and published under their name. Anybody that worked with Nomura has basically been doing KH stuff for the past decade.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

What happened to Jupiter after TWEWY? Wikipedia just lists a bunch of picross stuff

Nomura poached the TWEWY leads for his own team. Jupiter does still exist but their game output is mostly uncredited contract work and Picross variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I never really cared for Kingdom Hearts, but if TWEWY is the sort of game those guys can do when they aren't chained to the Undying Franchise, now I'm kind of annoyed. Like, it's been eleven years since KH II, go make something new.