Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

Playing the demo now and I'm glad the franchise hasn't skimped on the awful storytelling again.

"Whenever you greet a new person you say 'HAWAII'! New boy in town, please take of my son for me!"

I'm 1000% sure it carries over to the full game, but this is just a little playbox to mess around in and such. There's no real story at all here and any dialogue boxes serve as plain justifications to go do something at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
If the smaller forms were powered down forms would it make sense for them to be the way to get the other games legendary in one game? Like you can't get solgaleo in moon but you can get Cellgaleo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there a place to see what was spoiled, not really in the mood to read 500 posts

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Alolan Persian's inspiration

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay how the hell do i keep coming across gen 3 pokemon that i've never seen before

who even is this thing

i've seen Glalie before cause it's ugly but i've never seen snorunt

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Alolan Persian's inspiration

That's not Nermal.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Kerrrrrrr posted:

okay how the hell do i keep coming across gen 3 pokemon that i've never seen before

who even is this thing

i've seen Glalie before cause it's ugly but i've never seen snorunt

I thought snorunt is gen IV.

Edit: apparently, it isn't? I didn't even know gen III had ice pokemon

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Personally I find Alolan Persian is more akin to a "Heathcliff"

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought snorunt is gen IV

No but one of the things it evolves into is

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought snorunt is gen IV

Snorunt became relevant in IV because Froslass

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Can confirm that there are no framerate drops for me during the totem battle or when turning on the 3D during not!Pokemon Snap on a n3DS. But 3D during battle also seems to no longer be a thing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Demo update: Fought a totem pokemon, Greninja became Ash-Greninja then proceeded to get flinch locked and died before it could anything.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I know HMs are not a thing in SuMo and that you've got a Grass/Flying starter, but I'm still going to miss my buddy Tropius.

My team is going to be five florid cravats traded from Kalos, and a wimpod

Backup team is the four dancing birds, one shiny bisexual toucan, and salandit's evo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the weird metroid looking pokemon is my new favorite gen 7 design

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I would like the UBs to be catchable because I'd enjoy looking at them when I shuffle my boxes around.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we never got a Pokemon demo ever again.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

If UBs are people though, catching them is getting into slavery area

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Thunder Wave now has 90 accuracy, like Toxic

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I really really love the music in Ten Carat Hill.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 18, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we never got a Pokemon demo ever again.

The demo is pretty poo poo really. Giving you a good pokemon and some basic challenges isn't especially entertaining. It's not like it's introducing many new features that people would love to try out too. It's just a new pokemon generation, most people interested know what they're in for and are getting it if the demo is bad or good.

The fact that Nintendo took some measures against the datamining by clearing a bunch of stuff but then leaving the motherlode is hilarious though and speaks volumes to their general incompetence.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Demo update: Fought a totem pokemon, Greninja became Ash-Greninja then proceeded to get flinch locked and died before it could anything.

This is why you can't rely on borrowed power

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Accurate to how the show portrays him.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought snorunt is gen IV.

Edit: apparently, it isn't? I didn't even know gen III had ice pokemon

Snorunt and Spheal are both in a cave that is only accessible during low tide. I'm glad I caught both of them in Emerald back in the day, because now that the battery is dead it's permanently stuck on high tide.

Edit: Actually, it seems that just Snorunt is exclusive to the ice cave and has a really low appearance rate on top of that :shrug:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 18, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

so it seems like the pokefinder won't be a "get it out any time" thing, huh?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nope even when it was announced they showed it was in specific spots only.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The demo is pretty poo poo really. Giving you a good pokemon and some basic challenges isn't especially entertaining. It's not like it's introducing many new features that people would love to try out too. It's just a new pokemon generation, most people interested know what they're in for and are getting it if the demo is bad or good.

The fact that Nintendo took some measures against the datamining by clearing a bunch of stuff but then leaving the motherlode is hilarious though and speaks volumes to their general incompetence.

Yeah. It doesn't even give you the starters to work with or something to capture. Just Greninja with a new gimmick and one shot of Pikachu using a Z-move.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pro tip, press Y on the status screen to see what EVs your Pokemon has. If the stat sparkles, then it's maxed out.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

here take this z-ring

...bracelet

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Having gone through the demo with a New and Old 3DS side by side:

New 3DS loads areas slightly faster. The Start Demo menu came up instantaneously on the New 3DS, while the Old 3DS sat and cleared resources for 5 seconds.

When loading a new area after fading to black, there was a slight delay on the Old 3DS. Nothing game breaking but I had to wait for it to stop at a prompt so I could sync them back up.

Both had Zubat Horde Battle slowdown when the Totem Pokemon called out an ally and the camera started panning across everything.

As mentioned earlier, the Old 3DS will completely restart after finishing the game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Owlet, Rockruff, Sand Castle Fucker, Marowak, Raichu -- who the hell am I going to take in slot 6!?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think I've decided on my final team:

Robinroot
Alolan Dugtrio
Kommo-o
Silvally
Lycanroc
And a free rotating spot

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Owlet, Rockruff, Sand Castle Fucker, Marowak, Raichu -- who the hell am I going to take in slot 6!?

the rad Wimpod evolution

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Robinhoot
Toucan Sam
Baile Oricorio
Evil Lycanroc
Mudsdale
Kommo-o

alternatively

Robinhoot
Espeon
Lapras
Scyther
Haunter
Lunala

actually-alternatively

Rowlet
whatever i can get my grubby hands on x5

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dehry posted:

Having gone through the demo with a New and Old 3DS side by side:

New 3DS loads areas slightly faster. The Start Demo menu came up instantaneously on the New 3DS, while the Old 3DS sat and cleared resources for 5 seconds.

When loading a new area after fading to black, there was a slight delay on the Old 3DS. Nothing game breaking but I had to wait for it to stop at a prompt so I could sync them back up.

Both had Zubat Horde Battle slowdown when the Totem Pokemon called out an ally and the camera started panning across everything.

As mentioned earlier, the Old 3DS will completely restart after finishing the game.

I didn't notice any slowdown, but I might have chosen moves too quickly or something.

Either way, it seems the n3DS helps a little.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If Wimpod evo is bug/water he just won himself a spot on my team and in my heart

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my 3DS is the special XY one that came with Xerneas and Yveltal on it, is that a "new" one or an "old" one

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

If Wimpod evo is bug/water he just won himself a spot on my team and in my heart

He can be any typing and he's won a place in my heart. He's probably gonna be Bug/Water though, and will be at least as strong as Gyarados, and depending on his ability he's probably going to be banned immediately.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The demo's going pretty well so far. I fought the Totem Dragon.

I like how it gets pissed off and charges you and Sun is just making the blankest :) face the whole time.

It wasn't too bad to beat, though. Static triggered in every one of these fights, and a few Growls made it weak. Then I had to fight Team Hot Topic again afterwards.

I wonder if they pose so much because they're practicing their Z-Moves.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

so is there no pokeballs in the demo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

my 3DS is the special XY one that came with Xerneas and Yveltal on it, is that a "new" one or an "old" one

If it has a C stick and Lz/Rz it's a New 3DS. Otherwise it's an Old 3DS

E: Looking at the pictures, it's an old one.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 18, 2016