Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

i doubt it, i bet it's like. nintendo cross

They've been hoarding all the crosses from the games they took them out of in the 90s to make the holiest console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nintendo HW, stands for Holy War.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

i think you might be confused

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Fireant posted:

Every time a fake twitter account shows a fake NX reveal date the NX gains a new vaporware port which delays the release one year.

-Sent by my NintendaX

did someone say vaporwave

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Vaporeon already exists though

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Vaporeon already exists though

this is A E S T H E T I C E O N

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ok we get it u vaporeon

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/analysts-say-nintendo-will-reveal-nx-next-week-price-too-high/

Everyone seems to be worried over the price, but 350 is low for a new console, so inno what everyone is losing their (potential) poo poo over. We dont even know what it is, let's not all throw the fictional device out the window before we know what it actually is.

Also, it should be called the Ultra Nintendo

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
The situation is exactly what the analysts said. If the NX is weaker than the new MS/Sony things but the same price that's too high. If it's weaker but also a handheld at the same time then it's probably a good price.

It's the difference between Nintendo giving us a good deal and Nintendo trying to squeeze out Wii-level profits--$100 manufacture cost, sell for $200--without understanding that they won't get Wii-level sales at that price point.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If it were 350 it would be at a base level $50 to $100 more expensive than competing, much more powerful consoles with much larger libraries. That would be a problem for a lot of people. Not me personally, but I think it would not bode well.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/788420529837318148

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/788421658667134976

Next week we'll hear about the NX at last.

They'll say it'll come in March and leave it at that.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
If the NX is going to be based on Nvidia's Tegra X2 SoC then a $300-$350 price tag would be acceptable.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yeah Nintendo will just say 'it's called the NX and it's coming out' then proceed to shut the gently caress up until February.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tegra X2 SoC is designed for cars

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

Tegra X2 SoC is designed for cars

Everyone saying $350 is too much will gasp when they realize it's a big ol' car.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
This thread gets less amusingly childlish and a lot more Internet Nerd Venomous when actual details are released to argue over whether or not it means Nintendo Is Doomed anyway.

Just keep the children of the world in happy ignorance until the March 1 reveal. Until then knowledge is only a burden.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nintendo is mortal, but I do not think it is ailing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electromax posted:

This thread gets less amusingly childlish and a lot more Internet Nerd Venomous when actual details are released to argue over whether or not it means Nintendo Is Doomed anyway.

Just keep the children of the world in happy ignorance until the March 1 reveal. Until then knowledge is only a burden.

Nintendo was doomed the second they stuck with cartridges instead of moving to CDs for the N64. That's why the N64 was the last home console Nintendo made. The Gamecube sold so poorly compared to the PS2, that was the final nail in Nintendo's coffin, and forced them to become a third part software manufacturer for Microsoft and Sony systems. The DS, with it's bizarre dual screen setup was such a stupid gimmick it spelled the end for Nintendo's handheld division. The Wii so alienated hardcore gamers, that the name Nintendo actually became a detriment. This caused the bankruptcy of the Nintendo corporation. It's IPs were sold to Disney and the name Nintendo was bought by a fishing conglomerate and used to market tilapia to children. The 3DS's failure to meet DS sales numbers was the final nail in the coffin, all production of Mario and Pokemon merchandise was stopped, and remaining stock bulldozed into landfills. The Wii U was such a dismal flop that the last remaining Nintendo employees, two men known only as Reggie and Shig-something, took their own lives in the ruins of the old Nintendo building. Animal Crossing Amiibos going on clearance was the final nail in the coffin for Nintendo, and the old Nintendo building was taken over by packs of feral dogs who fight for territory in the decrepit offices to this day.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

and the old Nintendo building was taken over by packs of feral dogs who fight for territory in the decrepit offices to this day.

"This open seating floorplan is great for sunlight and toasty dog naps. The downside is I can hear Rover slurping his nuts 50 feet away"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The next Fatal Frame involves taking pictures of Nintendo's abandoned headquarters in skimpy bikinis while trying to find ghost Iwata to ask him what the NX was and then to purge his ghostly soul with the Camera Obkoopa.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

spasticColon posted:

If the NX is going to be based on Nvidia's Tegra X2 SoC then a $300-$350 price tag would be acceptable.

Rumor is that it's based off of the Pascal equivalent

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Facebook is telling me the NX will be revealed Friday the 21st and will cost $299. Facebook has never lied to me yet

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

i think the nx will cost $69 per module, and the modules are handheld and tv. for $420 you get both modules, and a POWER CUBE that makes the graphics better wirelessly, and two NINTENDO DUO controllers

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

my uncle works at nintendo trust me on this one

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I had forgotten about the performance enhancing cube theory

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
"The NX is real and coming out in March and it will have the girl gamer button" is all I need to hear at the earnings call.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Boten Anna posted:

my uncle works at nintendo trust me on this one

I don't trust you at all, I do trust your uncle though

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My uncle works for Nintendo. His job is to spread disinformation.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what happens if a male presses the girl gamer button

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Do not do this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Neogaf is eating itself.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

How many triangles per second does the NX?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Gorgolflox posted:

I don't trust you at all, I do trust your uncle though

he says free moustache rides if you're down. i think thats a new game nintendo is working on. i hope i dont get him in trouble for talking about it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

How many triangles per second does the NX?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

The NX controller is rated T for Teen.

However, some Interactions are Not Rated by the ESRB.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Or the AMA for that matter.

Look just don't press the button and everything will be fine.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

DalaranJ posted:

Look just don't press the button and everything will be fine.

the beautiful, shiny button

the jolly, candy-like button

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that's five

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

One way or the other, it's for girl gamers only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

spasticColon posted:

for the last loving time nintendo has never ever paid for an up to date chip from any manufacturer
they want those cheap as gently caress x1s if they're using tegras

everybody gets 2
run one on passive cooling/low power in the portable and run one on wall power and active cooling in the console to push slightly nicer graphics to the portable as a video feed and the tv

if splatoon isnt a launch day title im gonna die

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 19, 2016

• Locked thread