Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I bought a car today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
don't be a tease

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I bought it off Facebook, sight unseen, and it's in a town 600km away, won't be picking it up til either next week or maybe 3 weeks from now

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
don't be a tease

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Is it a beige Camry?

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

It's grey, 3 door, has mismatched rims, some panel damage and a 4AGE

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

gimpsuitjones posted:

Geo Prism GSi.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Swapped Austin Maestro

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Celica

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

one word.

thundercougarfalconbird

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I was gonna say NUMMI Nova, but those only came in 4 and 5 doors.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

gimpsuitjones posted:

AE82 FX-GT

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just recently hired a guy to work the weekend shift (like a month ago), and the other day he sends me a text asking if can have weekends off. MY weekends that I worked 6 loving years to get. Go gently caress yourself, and congratulations I have no respect for you now. Jesus it's hard to find people that will just show up, shut the gently caress up and do the job they were hired to do.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I gotta go to court today to face a Junk Vehicles charge. Wish me luck.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

CommieGIR posted:

I gotta go to court today to face a Junk Vehicles charge. Wish me luck.

Are you the CEO of Chrysler?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just recently hired a guy to work the weekend shift (like a month ago), and the other day he sends me a text asking if can have weekends off. MY weekends that I worked 6 loving years to get. Go gently caress yourself, and congratulations I have no respect for you now. Jesus it's hard to find people that will just show up, shut the gently caress up and do the job they were hired to do.
I guess it does hurt to ask! :buddy:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spog posted:

Are you the CEO of Chrysler?

You think Congress will buy it if I come in with an arm cast? Didn't seem to work for the Wells Fargo CEO...

They are claiming a fully registered and insured vehicle is junk. I disagree.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I'm buying a 2000 Toyota Avalon that isn't starting. I"m getting it for scrap value, so if I can get it to run it'll be a good gamble. (he has been beating on the starter to get it to start for a while, maybe the starter just gave it up) If not, well, I know I can sell it for what I'm buying it for. :D

Edit: Looks like this is a very common problem and Dorman even has a kit to fix it... fingers crossed.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 18, 2016

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Add it in to your LQ9 thread. I love seeing you resuscitate dirtball vehicles.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dagen H posted:

Add it in to your LQ9 thread. I love seeing you resuscitate dirtball vehicles.

Good idea, this thing is another pig.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

I guess it does hurt to ask! :buddy:

Well yeah, when you are hired to work a specific shift and then ask to work another shift a month later it makes you look like an idiot. Not only that, but he eluded to quiting if he didn't get it, then retracted after i didn't respond very well to say the least. His rear end was about to get fired.

I could see after a few years but come on.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 18, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've been working since I was 16 and I've only had weekends off since last month

I'm 25 now

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Hah, I know what you mean. We just hired a new guy to our shift and he was told three different times during interviews (as well as the posting) that employment was contingent on being able to work Sat-Sun.

Two weeks later he requested to shift his days to have weekends off. It took me four years to get just Sunday off. He was denied with emphasis. Now he's going around making offhand favoritism comments about the female staff getting weekend days off (because those that do have been here years and are fantastic members of the team).

Sigh.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Not only that, but he eluded to quiting if he didn't get it, then retracted after i didn't respond very well to say the least. His rear end was about to get fired.

He probably alluded to quitting. :spergin:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

He probably alluded to quitting. :spergin:

Lol. He was eluding the weekend shift :v:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The only job I've ever had where I didn't typically have to work weekends was the theater tech job I had in college, and even then I'd have to do a Sunday whenever we had to strike a show.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm gay for geartrains

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Weekends are overrated. The banks and public services are all closed and all the fun places are full of other people. :colbert:

I got Mondays off at one of my previous jobs and it was bloody brilliant.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 18, 2016

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I've been working since I was 16 and I've only had weekends off since last month

I'm 25 now

I haven't worked weekends in 10 years

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

RillAkBea posted:

Weekends are overrated. The banks and public services are all closed and all the fun places are full of other people. :colbert:

4 10's is where it's at. I had Wednesdays off, so every week was like 2 2-day work weeks.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

RillAkBea posted:

Weekends are family time for me, I barely see my wife and son during the week because I work evenings. When I was single I didn't care and actually liked having weekdays off.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Dagen H posted:

4 10's is where it's at. I had Wednesdays off, so every week was like 2 2-day work weeks.

That's similar to what I had going at the time. Tuesday to Friday I had ridiculous hours, spent Saturday being as lazy as possible and so actually got to enjoy my 2 other days off.

Weekends are family time for me, I barely see my wife and son during the week because I work evenings. When I was single I didn't care and actually liked having weekdays off.
Oh I'd definitely want weekends off too if I was a family man, but right now I'm single and totally bereft of caring.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

RillAkBea posted:

Oh I'd definitely want weekends off too if I was a family man, but right now I'm single and totally bereft of caring.
Depends on the family, too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Enourmo posted:

I'm gay for geartrains

New drilldo looking good.

I'd work 4 10s forever if I could, it's the best shift. Better than the 3 12hr days, 3 off, 3 12hr nights, 3 off bullshit I had at one job.
"What are you doing next Thursday?"
"Let me check.........um, sleeping?"
It was poo poo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

So I made it to Minneapolis today, only to start pressure washing the toilet with whatever I've eaten in the past 24 hours and shivering in a 70 deg f. room! So far, it's turning out to be a successful trip for me.

That's because 70 degrees is loving cold man. :v:

*Phoenix native point of view.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I have no idea what bolts are used on Dakota suspension/brake poo poo unfortunately, all I know about them is the manual transmissions, some of the engines, and what's inside the rear diff. The rest can get hosed in the ear as far as I'm concerned :haw:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I followed the Jalopnik link about Obama being able to drive stick with looking up where Tremec is based. Apparently, it's owned by a MEXICAN COMPANY?! Trump must be enraged.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Technologies_Corporation

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

slothrop posted:

AE82 FX-GT

I don't know why, but I love these little cars soo much. I was at a car show years ago and there was one there that the owner was restoring to showroom, it was amazing.

After thinking about it, I have come to the decision that I need to sell my celica and buy the e39 5spd wagon my neighbor gave me a line on. I think I can sell it to the wife by ditching the celica, and when VW finally buys back our jetta, replace it with a i3. That way we have a i3 for around town, and a e39 roadtrip car.

I feel bad getting rid of the celica after so long, but I think this just makes sense, and even if I fixed it I have a feeling I would get bored of it really quick. And if I got rid of it, I would be able to justify spending money doing stupid things to my miata....

Something tells me my neighbors might not appreciate a 2 person house having 3 cars, so I might have to keep one where I have the celica stored, but at at least its only a couple miles away from my house.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

slurry_curry posted:

Something tells me my neighbors might not appreciate a 2 person house having 3 cars, so I might have to keep one where I have the celica stored, but at at least its only a couple miles away from my house.

gently caress them. We had 4 cars for 2 people at one point. It's your life, drive stick 4 ever, 'Murica!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Beverly Cleavage posted:

gently caress them. We had 4 cars for 2 people at one point. It's your life, drive stick 4 ever, 'Murica!

I live in a fairly nice neighborhood in the midwest. There are a few houses a block away that are right around a cool million and in the midwest, that's 4000+ square feet with a pool and two kitchens. Hell, one has its own tennis court.

But there's no HOA and most people are well-off hillbillies. Most people have 3-4 cars with the 'extra' cars either being a classic (there's a Grand National , two '69 Camaros, a pristine XJS, a purple Impala droptop, etc) or a piece of poo poo. It's really great. I park my truck in my backyard in the winter and nobody bats an eye. The neighbor has an RV parked in theirs.

I have four cars and zero fucks given.

• Locked thread