Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Okay, now I get it. My friend and I played a game where he started off with a 7-strength guy with all three challenge types and renown, and I should have let him go first so he would be tempted to use it rather than leaving it up as a wall. I still won when I poisoned it and then had a bunch of stealth characters and combat tricks. Is having three core sets necessary for this game? We're thinking about running tournaments for it because a lot of people were watching us play and they're all interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

BJPaskoff posted:

Okay, now I get it. My friend and I played a game where he started off with a 7-strength guy with all three challenge types and renown, and I should have let him go first so he would be tempted to use it rather than leaving it up as a wall. I still won when I poisoned it and then had a bunch of stealth characters and combat tricks. Is having three core sets necessary for this game? We're thinking about running tournaments for it because a lot of people were watching us play and they're all interested.

First, how did you poison a guy with all 3 icons? I assume you mean you used Tears of Lys, but maybe I'm missing something...

As for Core sets, if you want to be competitive, yeah, you'll want 3 cores. That's pretty much the norm for FFG's LCGs now. The game is totally playable as a stripped down version with 1 Core, but you can't really explore competitive tournament style deck building without having 3 copies of the major cards you want to draw every game (let alone make legal tournament decks which adhere to normal Agenda rules to begin with).

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The starter situation is kinda lame, but on the plus side you only ever need one of the chapter packs/bonus expansions so at least there's that.

And depending on what deck you would want to build, if you are willing to get chapter packs you may be able to make due with 2 starters if you're budget constrained.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Merauder posted:

First, how did you poison a guy with all 3 icons? I assume you mean you used Tears of Lys, but maybe I'm missing something...

As for Core sets, if you want to be competitive, yeah, you'll want 3 cores. That's pretty much the norm for FFG's LCGs now. The game is totally playable as a stripped down version with 1 Core, but you can't really explore competitive tournament style deck building without having 3 copies of the major cards you want to draw every game (let alone make legal tournament decks which adhere to normal Agenda rules to begin with).

Yeah it was Tears of Lys and we didn't fully read the card because it was late due to a long drawn-out game, as intro deck only games tend to be with LCGs. There are so few ways we've found so far to get rid of a specific character that's causing you problems, but I'm sure that's made easier with expansions and real decks.

Edit: The LCG core set thing is real lovely. The only chance of it changing is if some company makes a super popular game where a full playset of cards comes in one core set, and then every other LCG-maker will have to follow suit. It's such an obvious cash grab I'm not surprised that LCGs aren't more popular.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 18, 2016

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

BJPaskoff posted:

Yeah it was Tears of Lys and we didn't fully read the card because it was late due to a long drawn-out game, as intro deck only games tend to be with LCGs. There are so few ways we've found so far to get rid of a specific character that's causing you problems, but I'm sure that's made easier with expansions and real decks.

Yeah, killing or generally removing characters is incredibly valuable in the game due to how challenges work. In the core set specifically, you have Tears (neutral, for non-Intrigue characters), Put to the Sword (neutral), Ice (Stark), Grey Wind (Stark), Like Warm Rain (Stark), Dracarys (Targ), Plaza of Punishment (Targ), Throwing Axe (Greyjoy), and Queen's Assassin (Lannister). Some are easier to use than others, and some are just generally bad (Throwing Axe, for example will rarely actually kill anyone so much as be an obstacle for them to play around and enable more Unopposed challenges).

Oh, and the Wildfire Assault plot, of course.

More stuff does become available with more of the chapter packs, sure. A good option if you're just playing with the Core set is to run Milk of the Poppy to render their big bads blank, though it doesn't change a Tywin or Red Viper from being high STR tri-cons you still have to worry about.

e: The 3xCore topic has been debated to death, I won't drudge it all up again here, but will just say that there's merits to both approaches if the goal is to have a $40 or less jumping on point (give full sets of fewer unique cards, or all cards in smaller quantities). Some people like it, some don't. But you're right, probably won't change any time soon. For what it's worth, people say that Thrones is one of the best 1xCore experiences in the LCG line.

Merauder fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 18, 2016

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Much prefer a large pool of 1-2x copies than the smaller pool if 1-3x copies.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BJPaskoff posted:

Edit: The LCG core set thing is real lovely. The only chance of it changing is if some company makes a super popular game where a full playset of cards comes in one core set, and then every other LCG-maker will have to follow suit. It's such an obvious cash grab I'm not surprised that LCGs aren't more popular.

Cards cost X amount regardless of how popular a game is. FFG has never gone the full playset route for all their cards because it's cost prohibitive. Any game that came along that offers a full play set of it's cards in a single core(like VS or Mage Wars, or Ashes) comes with fewer total different cards.

I'd rather see more of the cards and buy in for cheap, proxy the cards I need to make a full deck to try the game out, being able to play with a larger variety of cards and strategies.

With a limited number of cards, the decks people make will quickly become filtered down to which ones are the best and the game will die because the first expansion even hits.

Heck with aGoT2e people were already having burnout just from the core set and declaring which decks would win at World's within the first month of release. If the core set had 1/3 of the cards they probably would have been more accurate.

edit: You can look at Codex and some of the posts from Sirlin about the cost of printing and such. His game has a lot of unique cards but it's also $200 to get them all in playset.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 19, 2016

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Vs. 2PCG has a complete playset of cards in its core but I think it's a relatively small pool compared to the LCGs. Only three expansion per year, too. I like it because I can play it with my buddy who likes Marvel stuff without having to buy multiple cores or keep up with monthly packs. It's not very popular and it seems like it's not as well designed as the FFG games but it allows me to scratch my CCG itch without much investment.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

cenotaph posted:

The Vs. 2PCG has a complete playset of cards in its core but I think it's a relatively small pool compared to the LCGs. Only three expansion per year, too. I like it because I can play it with my buddy who likes Marvel stuff without having to buy multiple cores or keep up with monthly packs. It's not very popular and it seems like it's not as well designed as the FFG games but it allows me to scratch my CCG itch without much investment.

VS has ~400 physical cards in it's core set, vs GoT's ~220. Playsets in VS are 4-of, so you're looking at ~100 unique cards, compared to close to twice that in Thrones (factoring out things like Agendas and Melee Titles).
VS doesn't appear to include any cardboard, vs GoT's ample gold & power tokens.
VS runs $10 higher MSRP than GoT core sets.

Assuming you pay MSRP, you're more than twice the cost into Thrones to have everything, but the volume that constitutes "everything" is a pretty big disparity between the two. Not even accounting for the quality of the game its self, or the frequency of expansion which you mention; just purely based on physical content.

Obvious a bit biased, but Thrones still seems to be the better value. The immediate consumer reaction will always be negative to the idea of buying something more than once though, unfortunately.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BJPaskoff posted:

It sucks for people who want to invest more into the game, but it also strikes a balance between people who are gonna keep getting more cards vs. those who just buy it to play as-is. I know I got into AGoT 1st ed from a starter box someone had-we'd play 4 player games with the precon decks and it just blossomed from there. They could give a full playset of everything, but then you'd probably double the cost which makes it more prohibitive for people who may just want to try the game and/or don't necessarily feel the need to have full playsets because they're just playing casual or whatever.

Also thinking that it's the core set system that's somehow limiting LCGs from being more popular is kinda absurd. I can get a playset of every GoT card for roughly 400 bucks. That's basically the cost of a deck of a game like Magic (and a standard deck at that, which will only really be playable for roughly 90 days before I'll need to upgrade it). Only really Magic and Yugioh seem to get larger tourney turnouts than the bigger LCGs (GoT, Netrunner), and both of those games have been around far longer.

cenotaph posted:

The original Vs game was amazing and it was really disappointing at how much they dumbed it down. Assuming they had licenses they could've just rereleased the original in a LCG format and it would've probably went over much better-as is it seemed to never gain traction.

Merauder posted:

Obvious a bit biased, but Thrones still seems to be the better value. The immediate consumer reaction will always be negative to the idea of buying something more than once though, unfortunately.
I don't know if it's even the fact you have to buy something more than once so much as that you'll typically end up with a bunch of cards that are just dead and/or relatively worthless. GoT isn't too bad with that, but LotR is just horrible with it, and I'm thinking Arkham will be similar unfortunately, since duplicate enemy cards to my knowledge just aren't used for anything at all.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Merauder posted:

VS has ~400 physical cards in it's core set, vs GoT's ~220. Playsets in VS are 4-of, so you're looking at ~100 unique cards, compared to close to twice that in Thrones (factoring out things like Agendas and Melee Titles).
VS doesn't appear to include any cardboard, vs GoT's ample gold & power tokens.
VS runs $10 higher MSRP than GoT core sets.

Assuming you pay MSRP, you're more than twice the cost into Thrones to have everything, but the volume that constitutes "everything" is a pretty big disparity between the two. Not even accounting for the quality of the game its self, or the frequency of expansion which you mention; just purely based on physical content.

OK? I wasn't arguing for VS, just trying to show how limited a card pool can be if you take the full playset route. Arguing value is pointless because the disparity in content is precisely why VS is better for me, specifically. I'm doing kitchen table play with one other dude, I don't need a billion factions to explore and a monthly pack. GoT appeals to me more in gameplay and theme but I simply wouldn't be able to play it.

alansmithee posted:

The original Vs game was amazing and it was really disappointing at how much they dumbed it down. Assuming they had licenses they could've just rereleased the original in a LCG format and it would've probably went over much better-as is it seemed to never gain traction.
I don't know, I hear this a lot but the podcast I listened to with the lead designer made the old game sound like a bloated mess with a broken resource curve. I kind of like how slim the current game is but it does look like it may limit the design space down the road. It's not knocking my socks off but it's fun to mess around with once a week.

Again I'm not proselytizing here, it's just the only card game I know that does full playsets and the core is quite limited in scope. It doesn't even really support control archetypes.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I've made my peace with the core sets now. My real problem is that monthly packs are way too frequent for someone who plays multiple games.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Thirsty Dog posted:

I've made my peace with the core sets now. My real problem is that monthly packs are way too frequent for someone who plays multiple games.

Yeah. I love Lord of the Rings and have bought almost all the scenarios and expansions, but I think I have played less than half of the quests.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

cenotaph posted:

OK? I wasn't arguing for VS, just trying to show how limited a card pool can be if you take the full playset route. Arguing value is pointless because the disparity in content is precisely why VS is better for me, specifically. I'm doing kitchen table play with one other dude, I don't need a billion factions to explore and a monthly pack. GoT appeals to me more in gameplay and theme but I simply wouldn't be able to play it.

Wasn't attacking you or calling you out or anything; just laying out the differences between the two models, and suggesting that while it's doable in the case of VS, it seems the value is still better with the 3x model.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Merauder posted:

Wasn't attacking you or calling you out or anything; just laying out the differences between the two models, and suggesting that while it's doable in the case of VS, it seems the value is still better with the 3x model.

Value is highly dependent on the individual and there are benefits and drawbacks to both models.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I'm sincerely sorry I dredged up an old argument about core sets. :(

Thirsty Dog posted:

I think I'm biased because I consider LCGs to be games you play with a small group of dedicated friends; we don't have an LCG scene here in eastern Long Island, though I hear Netrunner is huge other places. If you're playing only one game and have a small group of friends who play also, I can see the game getting stale without monthly or even bi-monthly releases to shake up the metagame. If you fall behind releases or start late into a game's life it is daunting to catch up though.

I'm playing more GoT in a half hour or so and I can't wait. I'm turning down Magic to play more of this!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

For me, as a mostly-former Magic player who only drafts with friends now, the release schedule doesn't bother me. I'd be paying the same for a draft as I would for a Chapter Pack, and it lets you gradually upgrade your decks instead of having to do a fresh reboot every few months.

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm playing more GoT in a half hour or so and I can't wait. I'm turning down Magic to play more of this!

Join us... JOIN US...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

For me, as a mostly-former Magic player who only drafts with friends now, the release schedule doesn't bother me. I'd be paying the same for a draft as I would for a Chapter Pack, and it lets you gradually upgrade your decks instead of having to do a fresh reboot every few months.

Join us... JOIN US...

I guess you're right, I didn't think of it that way. I judge Magic and get store credit, and I pay $13 of that store credit on average two times a week to draft. Another $11 a month on a Chapter Pack isn't a big deal.

My friend and I have exhausted the fun we can have with the preconstructed one-Core decks. We know how to play now, so we don't have to suffer through the games with these decks that go on for an hour plus because there's no real synergy to speak of*. One of the stores near us agreed to run a demo day and tournament, which I suggested should be 3x Core Set only so no one has to sink more than ~$100 into the game to start. Our next goal is deckbuilding with 3x Core - wish me luck! I think I'm going Lannister or Tyrell because I like their combat tricks.

*Except The Iron Throne and Chamber of the Painted Table; that's a nasty combo for a starter deck. Also The Things I Do for Love + Cersei was nasty when I used it to get rid of a problem character.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Khazad-dum is in stock in Fantasy Flight's website. Haven't seen anything on Miniature Market, CSI, Amazon, etc. Looks like shipping is $10 from the FF website for me so I'm not going that route but if you want to, it's there!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
How possible is it to build two or even three good decks out of 3x core set plus one of each expansion in Game of Thrones? I don't mind having to buy another of one of the expansions if I need another playset of a card, but there's one-ofs in the core set like The Hand's Judgment that seem like 3x staples in every deck.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That's not a staple by any means. We have 8 decks (1 for each house) built from 4 cores, but you can easily do 4-6 with 3.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BJPaskoff posted:

How possible is it to build two or even three good decks out of 3x core set plus one of each expansion in Game of Thrones? I don't mind having to buy another of one of the expansions if I need another playset of a card, but there's one-ofs in the core set like The Hand's Judgment that seem like 3x staples in every deck.

Hand's Judgement does seem like an auto-include but the problem with it is that what it usually becomes is a meta card for other HJs in order to ensure your events go through. Like if you want to drop the sword on someone, you'll run HJs just to ensure that someone, usually Lannister, can't stop it. Otherwise you don't always have the money on hand to stop the bigger threats. Yeah, it's a helpful card to stop the big threats from Targ and Lannister, but it's an almost dead card against Stark, Greyjoy is like 'you really want to not drop a two cost sword icon chump in order to stop a PttS? Go right ahead...', You could use it against Martel fairly effectively, Tyrell doesn't really have any particularly good 0 cost events that you'd bother using it on and you'd probably end up sitting on it waiting for the rose that never comes. Night's Watch, uhm...I guess that ranger card, same situation as the rose. Baratheon, you're basically not letting them look at your hand with Flames most of the time, but not preventing the kneeling effect from Mel which is the "real" power of that card.

Yeah, so basically holding it, sitting on gold when you could be fielding more/larger characters or using it on cards that don't really matter in most matchups is not a good card to have in a deck, but having a couple copies in a deck, to prevent your opponents from canceling your event, in certain cases can be very good.

tldr: Run 2 copies of it in some decks and don't be frugal with it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Living Card Games Thread: Don't underestimate the power of a HJ

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Living Card Games Thread: Don't underestimate the power of a HJ

I lost the Game of Thrones because of a HJ...sounds canon to me.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

BJPaskoff posted:

Basically all the things PaybackJack said. Every deck certainly doesn't need HJ, it just depends on the metagame you're playing in. For me, I play with 2 other guys (the second of which only started playing about a month or so ago), and while there are decks they play where a HJ would be useful, it's strictly a dead card in a lot of the match ups we have regularly, so I just don't included them ever. If you're branching into a larger local metagame and wanting to compete, that might be another story, but as said before, put in a couple tops if you REALLY ABSOLUTELY feel like you have to try to stop a particular Event.

As for decks with 3x Cores and all the expansions? You should be able to make several. I have 4 decks together currently: Martell / Watch, Watch / Kraken (it's a real bad experiment, don't ask), Lannister / Stag, and Stark / Crossing. That means I'm not even touching Targaryen or Tyrell currently, and could potentially even double-up on some of the houses I have bannered. It's PLENTY of cards for a wide bunch of decks. Roseroads and Kingsroads are your only real chokepoint.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm also currently running 4 decks using 3x Core + expansions: Greyjoy Fealty, Lannister LoC, Targ w Sun, and Stark w/ Crow.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Merauder posted:

Watch / Kraken (it's a real bad experiment, don't ask

I'm asking anyway. Going for some kind of monster Stealth game?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm asking anyway. Going for some kind of monster Stealth game?

I've been digging on the idea of Night's Watch decks centered around Yoren/Take The Black, running 2x Marched and Varys to fill their discard and then steal good stuff. It's already not an A+ strategy since it's so variable based on what stuff gets discarded, but I've been exploring it in different Banner decks. First one was Lannister, with Tyrion helping fund your Take the Blacks, The Mountain pillaging stuff (and hopefully board clearing as well), etc. I ended up moving the Lannister stuff over to another deck (Stag banner) leaving the NW deck wanting, so I decided to try Greyjoy for the hell of it, since I hadn't played them since basically Core only games.

So NW/Kraken. It's actually more of a false-banner being more Greyjoy than Watch, leaning on the strongest of the non-loyal GJ characters (Asha, Theon, Damphair, Wendamyr). It runs Black Wind's Crew for Pillage. I also wanted to force in some odd-ball cards that probably won't see much play any time soon, because I firmly believe it's only somewhat effective to evaluate a card without playing it at all. So it's got the new Greyjoy King crown (grants more Pillage to feed Yoren, and Power gain if it misses a character).

Where it gets wonky is that trying to also force Night Gathers... in an attempt to test it out, which has the requirement of greater Reserve than your target. So that means Sam has to go in (not a bad thing, just extra card slots), and The Iron Throne (which is what forced Damphair in), 1x Northern Rookery, and 1x God's Eye, all to bolster your Reserve and make sure you can Marshall whatever you want, when you want it (provided you can pay for stuff, which is a whole other issue with the Plot selection).

It's also got the expected Cravens, Fishing Nets, and Little Birds in various quantities, as well as White Trees and Meager Contributions to ideally pay for Night Gathers when you need to.

It seems reasonable on paper, but I think the Lannister version is still much tighter, less all over the place. Further, here's a Stark version of the NW/Yoren/2xMarched archtype which is probably strictly better than any of my takes: https://thronesdb.com/decklist/view/6262/smash-n-grab-night-s-watch-wolf-7-1-dutch-nationals-1.0

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've been playing that NW/wolf deck for a few weeks and it's solid as hell. I was gonna recommend it to you after the first paragraph, but then you mentioned it yourself.

My biggest change was tossing in Thoren Smallwood in place of the wall.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was a big fan of the LOTR game for a while, but haven't touched it in like two years, and kind of lost interest. The new Arkham Horror LCG looks like a further refinement of the ideas from that game, and I was wondering what the thread's thoughts on it were so far (if anyone has had a chance to play it/test it).

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I was a big fan of the LOTR game for a while, but haven't touched it in like two years, and kind of lost interest. The new Arkham Horror LCG looks like a further refinement of the ideas from that game, and I was wondering what the thread's thoughts on it were so far (if anyone has had a chance to play it/test it).

I finally got to get a game in with the copy my friends snagged for me at Arkham Nights.

I've only gotten one game in and that was the learning game so I can only give some first impressions:

• The art is great. Especially the card designs. I'm going to have to get more clear sleeves because putting normal opaque sleeves on these card backs seems like a travesty.
  • There's a lot cribbed from some other LCG's in it. The core of the game is the LOTR system, but each player also gets to choose what actions they take on their turn ala Netrunner, there's a tiny amount of Conquest as well.
  • The location cards are the most clunky part of the game. They would work a lot better as tiles for conveying the information needed and keeping track of who is where, this is especially important because some monsters actively move towards investigators. It can be a feel bad if the wrong person ends up being attacked because there was confusion on how the abstracted area was layed out.
  • It seems like playing a campaign is supposed to be the default way to play. Which is neat, but makes set up/tear down a lot longer and I'll be less inclined to play one-off sessions with this compared to LOTR.
  • Chaos tokens are additional variance, and an interesting way to adjust difficulty, the campaign guide tells you what tokens to put into the pool for desired difficulty. Every time you do a skill test you draw a chaos token. Most of the time they are just get a number modifier to your investigator's skill being used for the skill test. Sometimes you draw one of the other tokens and it has scenario specific effects.
  • It's very on flavor to the setting established by FFG. As to be expected.
  • Easy difficulty might be too easy. Good for learning the motions though.
  • There's a little campaign booklet which contains resolutions for the scenarios that affect the campaign. I wish this could of been done with cards because now I have to figure out how to store and keep track of these booklets as well.
  • I had a lot of cards out but never really used them, probably because I was playing on easy mode.
  • I was playing with a friend and he did not enjoy it. He said he didn't really have any agency or decision making. Again, I think this was because we played on easy difficulty. There weren't really any hard decisions to make.

I plan on starting an actual campaign tonight.

I AM CARVALLO fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 24, 2016

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really appreciate your initial impressions. I'm looking forward to hearing how your campaign goes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey hey, Arkham Horror has just been updated to "Shipping Now" on their site. Will probably be available next Thursday.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Max posted:

Hey hey, Arkham Horror has just been updated to "Shipping Now" on their site. Will probably be available next Thursday.

My guess is the 10th, but either way OMFG FINALLY GIVE IT TO ME NOW FFG.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

ChiTownEddie posted:

My guess is the 10th, but either way OMFG FINALLY GIVE IT TO ME NOW FFG.

Yeah, I ordered it from CSI. It'll need to get there first, be inventoried, and then ship from there, so probably later in the second week of November.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New GOT preview
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/26/the-lords-of-salt-and-sand/

Also has a release date for LoCR: November 3rd

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I love the flavour on that Martell event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nice to see Greyjoy finally getting some love again. Their cards from the past couple expansions have been less than exciting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is there a solo variant to the new Arkham Horror LCG coming out? Do any of the current LCG's have solo variants? I am interested in a lot of these products but getting people to play things with me is hard :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm like 99% sure Arkham works solo out of the box