Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Agean90 posted:

Civil servant lyfe

Same. Every so often we get offered OT to work a few hours on Saturday or Sunday, and the union would burst a gasket if someone was asked to work 80.1 hours a pay period without going through like 10 different approvals first. Then again, my union has prevented me from training for a promotion because "You don't get paid to do supervisor work, so you don't do supervisor work." How am I supposed to demonstrate that I can replace my boss if they won't let me even when he asks me to? Unions, man. Great at keeping me at a 9-5 with zero chance of being fired, bad at getting rid of crap employees which ultimately makes everyone's job harder.

Anyway, have a pukin' president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

lol if u dont make at least 100k per year just lol

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I pull in at least 100k gil a year, easy. Sometimes I diversify and get some foreign zenny, but my real wealth is in the gald I buried.... you know what, I've said too much.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Its all about the Zennys!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
can finally afford to buy plane tickets :whatup:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Enrique gets paid 100k/year.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Bull fighting is too serious, these guys need to lighten up and learn to laugh once and a while. If I lost an eye to a bull and then got gored in the same socket later, you better believe the eyepatch would have a bull's eye on it. It isn't every day the universe gives you a soft-pitch to Chuckleville like that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

china bot posted:

quick reminder at what ekuNNN and FogHelmut are defending:

We recently started a weekend over night shift where all you have to duo is answer one call and watch Netflix.

First moron they put on the job kept calling off every Saturday and loudly bragging "they're not gonna fire me!" She got fired.

Second idiot they put on the job got fired two days later when she uploaded snapchat after snapchat of the 8 people she invited in the office to party during the overnight shift.

HOW COULD PEOPLE GET FIRED FOR THIS???

I'm not defending not doing your job. I'm saying the existence of that job is an affront to civilized society and only exists to exploit the desperate.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If it only requires 1 person/Saturday night, that means the staff are doing that shift on a rotation meaning each person probably only has to do it once a month, not counting if people are willing to trade with them if being at work one Saturday night a month is insurmountable. My mom has to work a weekend a month, but the flip side is she only has to work alternating 2 and 3 day workweeks but makes what most people make working full time at her job. Having Mon-Fri off every other week isn't exactly slavery.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I used to have a job where I worked every other Saturday with a day off during the week, and it was dumb as hell. It's nearly impossible to live a normal social life when your schedule is so disjointed from the rest of the world.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why do people like to tell their life loving stories every time millenials come up?

always some dude saying how much harder he had it, like anyone gives a poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

why do people like to tell their life loving stories every time millenials come up?

always some dude saying how much harder he had it, like anyone gives a poo poo

Back in my day I had to roll boulders uphill both ways! These lazy kids!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
http://i.imgur.com/zFJZVGT.mp4

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Bet you that cyclops bullfighter doesn't bitch about coming in on a Saturday.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bullfights are typically held on Sunday, bruh

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Ninja, No!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Scott Adams the Dilbert guy? He's a redditor or something now?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rolo posted:

Scott Adams the Dilbert guy? He's a redditor terrible person or something now always?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok, gently caress him.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cheaper than buying a treadmill I guess.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Oh, like you didn't try this when you were a kid

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Stex T posted:

Oh, like you didn't try this the last time you got off a plane drunk

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Some motherfuckers are always trying to travelator uphill.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stex T posted:

Oh, like you didn't try this when you were a kid

You see it at Universal Orlando constantly, usually preteens or drunks. They just sprint down the loving thing (God help you if you're in the way) to make it to the end fast enough.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Just right over his head.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rolo posted:

Ok, gently caress him.

Dude socially isolated himself for so long that he lost the ability to speak and had to be retaught. No wonder his a crazy egotist.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Given his persona, that's not surprising. It was the expected result.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

littlebluellama
Jun 18, 2013

I am kind, brave and deserve love.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Old people are calling themselves millennials so they don't have to feel old

When I was 13, in 1999, my mom read read an article in Newsweek or Time or something and told me "Oh, look, your generation is called millennials, because you will be coming of age in the new millennium." (looked it up to see if I was remembering wrong, and apparently the term was coined in 1987)

I'm too old and set in my ways to stop being a millennial now.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The actual problem with working weekends is that it's the first step towards a company not replacing people as they quit until they have about 1/2 the number of employees actually needed and then making everyone left work 84 hour weeks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was born in 1981 and every two years, like clockwork, I am reassigned to a newly-designated generation. Off the top of my head I have been told that I am Gen X, Gen Y, Millenial, "The Internet Generation," and a bunch of others that just go in oue ear and out the other. Basically these labels are bullshit and not descriptive in any useful way.

The only significant generational marker I have found that may actually separate "millenials" from the X/Y older group, at least in the West, is exposure to Pokemon as a kid/teen. I don't know a goddamn thing about Pokemon. I don't care about it, and I don't get it. It didn't exist when I was anywhere near its original target demographic. I don't even really care that you know that I don't care about it. I only bring it up because there are people who are only 2-3 years younger than me who insist that Pokemon was literally everywhere when they were growing up, and even if they didn't themselves have any interest, it was unavoidable in that way of really big trends.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Better labels would be Broadcast TV Generation, Cable TV Generation, High Speed Internet Generation

e: I'm def cable tv

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I was born in 1981 and every two years, like clockwork, I am reassigned to a newly-designated generation. Off the top of my head I have been told that I am Gen X, Gen Y, Millenial, "The Internet Generation," and a bunch of others that just go in oue ear and out the other. Basically these labels are bullshit and not descriptive in any useful way.

The only significant generational marker I have found that may actually separate "millenials" from the X/Y older group, at least in the West, is exposure to Pokemon as a kid/teen. I don't know a goddamn thing about Pokemon. I don't care about it, and I don't get it. It didn't exist when I was anywhere near its original target demographic. I don't even really care that you know that I don't care about it. I only bring it up because there are people who are only 2-3 years younger than me who insist that Pokemon was literally everywhere when they were growing up, and even if they didn't themselves have any interest, it was unavoidable in that way of really big trends.

:emo:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

If it fits I sits fails again

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

CommonShore posted:

I'm your age, started college in 1999, and my friends were all about the loving Pokemon. Like, 20-year old dudes. It was sad then and it's sad now

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna :nms: this just in case
http://i.imgur.com/6k5ZqKB.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, to get that close and then drop the ball :(