Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I was in Vancouver a while ago, some middle of nowhere suburban hellhole, and the shop I was in didn't have a bathroom so I decided to check out the huge McDonalds down the street. It was like 3pm but the place was PACKED with chinese teens and seniors. All anyone had were fries or a drink. The teens were all in one zone playing on their phones in total silence, sometimes taking a sip of their drink or eating a single fry. The seniors side, which was like 75% of the building, was extremely loud as everyone was chatting and mingling around and generally having a good social time. Same deal though, everyone had like a small fries. I've never even seen a McDonalds like that, the seniors area alone had at least 40-50 tables. Was huge. Everyone also stared at me the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Haier posted:

Young girl 02:
20 or 21-year-old college girl.......
Anyway, I was trying to get a date with Cocoa, but the original girl cockblocked me because she wants to come to my house to "learn English." She says guys her age are too immature and irresponsible and guys my age are much better, so she wants to try an Uncle instead of a Boy. She said if she decides she wants to be my lover, she will ask me to be her uncle. I can't stand these cultural terms at all.

To be continued.
I'm about to sleep. The original girl, not Cocoa, pestered me all day about if I like CoCo and if I want her. She was getting upset about it so I told her to shut up and that I prefer her because I don't even know a drat thing about Koko's gorilla rear end. She accepted and told me she likes me and that's why she was really worried if I wanted her friend.
She asked me how many girlfriends I've had. I told her number of ones that mattered. She asked how many women I've slept with and I refused to answer and she got upset, so I told her the actual number to see her response and she got even more upset. LMAO.
I calmed her down and she said she wants to come to my room tonight. We're having another typhoon pouring rain all over us and I told her no. She sent photos of all the right places and I was very impressed. I replied with my own. It was good, and she went to sleep. An hour later I get this:

LOL. "Traditional" Chinese girls have worse time holding their emotions than they do booze. It hasn't been a week yet, we haven't even met, and she's already planning on being with me forever.
Usually I would just act a fool and get her to rage and give up, but twenty-year-old college girl with an "uncle" fetish is something I can't ignore. She wants me to be her first uncle and foreigner and she's willing to shave her bush for it.
I can still act a fool a couple weeks later and get her to quit on me and blame my age or something. I just need to hatch up a good plan.

***She speaks English just fine, but like most English-speaking Chinese girls I know they prefer to write in Chinese when chatting because they think writing English takes too long.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hm. You've convinced her to be rid of the hair cave. Bold move, Haier and God speed. Hopefully she won't gently caress it up and have it looking like Edward James Olmos' face.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Haier posted:

She wants me to be her first uncle and foreigner

What's the over/under that you actually are?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
shave bush "sit on"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Moving away from the creepy poo poo:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Why is Haier trying to get laid creepy?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

We should not judge, it is his culture.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I would bang the chinese if I was in china.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Glenn Quebec posted:

fyi, all of the following is creepy:

Haier posted:

Usually I would just act a fool and get her to rage and give up, but twenty-year-old college girl with an "uncle" fetish is something I can't ignore. She wants me to be her first uncle and foreigner and she's willing to shave her bush for it.
I can still act a fool a couple weeks later and get her to quit on me and blame my age or something. I just need to hatch up a good plan.

Hope that helps.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Moving away from the creepy poo poo:

That clearly belongs in the OSHA thread. LOL China and OSHA.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Dissapointed Owl posted:

fyi, all of the following is creepy:

Hope that helps.

So, she wants to gently caress an older guy? I really fail to see it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Online dating with people just sending each other pictures of their junk seems really weird and gross. We do NOT do this in my culture!!!!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ooooolder guy, 20 yo girl. Totally kinky. They might even let the light on.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

*clutches pearls* You free wheeling sexhavers!!!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fojar38 posted:

Chang's only real mistake was predicting a sudden collapse and saying it would happen "by year x" which is the exact same mistake as the "Chinese century China to overtake America by 2020" folks made, just on the opposite side of the spectrum

He's been pretty consistently correct in identifying the weakness of Chinese fundamentals but that's led to stagnation rather than an outright collapse

Really, any other country would have had a huge financial collapse by now, but nobody would have guessed how much money the CCP had under their mattress to throw in this massive "sunk cost fallacy". There was a graph posted earlier in the thread showing how the CCP has been step-by-step, RMB-by-RMB picking up the slack in investment from the private sector, which anyone with some grasp of economics knows is not feasible. The CCP has had a bit of self-awareness, in that they have been trying to buy up as many foreign companies as possible which they see as being future powerhouses. There was a German automation company a month or two ago that the CCP set up for failure so they could buy it out cheap, and other instances like Volvo, IBM, and a host of oil/mining companies as well. The problem is that buying out an innovative company only works for a few years, before they turn it into an "innovative company with Chinese characteristics" and they are once again stuck with assets that are falling behind the technology curve.

The crash is happening, it's just a matter of how bad they want it to end up being. Had they let the market do its own thing, then they might have had their very own "USA 2009" on their hands and might even be past the worst of it by now and on the way to recovery, but the way the CCP is playing things they're acting like they will be able to "outspend it" forever. What I'm thinking is going to happen is that they are going to have their version of the "Great Recession" in a few years, but the government will have spent so much of their savings (and allowed so much of it to go to Vancouver) that they won't have the resources to try and bail out their economy like the US did and they will have a "forever recession" like Japan has been in for the past 30 years, but without the extensive modern infrastructure, impressive social security system, and absolutely no goodwill left to rely on.

Should things get that bad, the country could see itself going back towards Cultural Revolution-esq crackdowns on personal freedoms, or a full-blown peasant uprising. Given the other social and environmental factors piling up, China is setting itself up for a massive fall that is going to shake the entire world economy to its core.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

I think it's more about the exploitative sex tourism and misogyny than anything specific.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I was in Vancouver a while ago, some middle of nowhere suburban hellhole, and the shop I was in didn't have a bathroom so I decided to check out the huge McDonalds down the street. It was like 3pm but the place was PACKED with chinese teens and seniors. All anyone had were fries or a drink. The teens were all in one zone playing on their phones in total silence, sometimes taking a sip of their drink or eating a single fry. The seniors side, which was like 75% of the building, was extremely loud as everyone was chatting and mingling around and generally having a good social time. Same deal though, everyone had like a small fries. I've never even seen a McDonalds like that, the seniors area alone had at least 40-50 tables. Was huge. Everyone also stared at me the whole time.

The best is when you go to Richmond Centre mall before it opens. It is full to the gills with Chinese seniors doing Tai Chi and line dancing. If you don't realize what's happening beforehand it's surreal.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think if people didn't want to have weird random foreigner sex and get dick pics they wouldn't actively use an app for that?
It would be a bit gross if the dude was just trolling the streets for young naive messed up ladies, but they're actively signing up to seek him out. I dont know, forget about it, it's Chinatown

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I think if people didn't want to have weird random foreigner sex and get dick pics they wouldn't actively use an app for that?
It would be a bit gross if the dude was just trolling the streets for young naive messed up ladies, but they're actively signing up to seek him out. I dont know, forget about it, it's Chinatown

If I knew an American that used tinder to gently caress chicks and then intentionally acts like an rear end in a top hat so they ditch him I would call him a creepy exploitative loser too. How socially inept do you have to be to not see that?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The sense I got from his stories is that he'd actually be quite happy to have a normal healthy relationship but everyone he meets ends up turning out extremely crazy, so it's easier to just turn them off him rather than go through the drama and potential stalking of "breaking up"

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

The sense I got from his stories is that he'd actually be quite happy to have a normal healthy relationship but everyone he meets ends up turning out extremely crazy, so it's easier to just turn them off him rather than go through the drama and potential stalking of "breaking up"

There's a saying, "When everyone you meet is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat."

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Are you always such a loving bummer FBR?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Are you always such a loving bummer FBR?

Only in the presence of disgusting thin skinned whiny chumps.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Says the guy who strolls in the thread with weak loving platitudes about everyone else in here. Earlier when I had a question about handling a coworker, I was acting like she's retarded. Now we are here.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Says the guy who strolls in the thread with weak loving platitudes about everyone else in here. Earlier when I had a question about handling a coworker, I was acting like she's retarded. Now we are here.

You were. I called you out on it and told you communicate honestly like an adult. Sorry if that threw you into a fit.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

There's a saying, "When everyone you meet is an rear end in a top hat, you're the rear end in a top hat."

there's another saying, "everyone's an rear end in a top hat"

speaking of which stop caring so much about someone else's sex life that you don't know anything about besides what stories they've been good enough to post for our mutual amusement

it's kind of creepy

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

No way man, I need FBRs moral compass.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Haier posted:

***She speaks English just fine, but like most English-speaking Chinese girls I know they prefer to write in Chinese when chatting because they think writing English takes too long.

I doubt that's the only reason. You have a lot more control when you're writing in your native language. Especially with the kinds of conversations you get up to I could understand them wanting that.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i like FBR, the stuff he posts is mostly spot on, he's just a little rough around the edges in explaining it and isn't going to sugarcoat anything lol

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

There are to sides to every coin, and often two roads to every destination. Some choose the Haier path and other choose the 3 principles of FBR. These choices we make stand over us like sentinel trees on the main streets. And once the destination is reached, one has achieved 6.7% GDP growth this financial year and revived the A-shares. This is known as Enlightenment.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Xerxes17 posted:

There are to sides to every coin, and often two roads to every destination. Some choose the Haier path and other choose the 3 principles of FBR. These choices we make stand over us like sentinel trees on the main streets. And once the destination is reached, one has achieved 6.7% GDP growth this financial year and revived the A-shares. This is known as Enlightenment.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Pretty sure Haier is doing Zeus's work as previously mentioned.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Baronjutter posted:

Online dating with people just sending each other pictures of their junk seems really weird and gross. We do NOT do this in my culture!!!!

All chinese girls look like 12 yo's though

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Kharnifex posted:

Pretty sure Haier is doing Zeus's work as previously mentioned.

Fifth labor of his great son Haiercules, cleaning the street shits from Shenzhen.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
On one hand, Haier is giving us interesting stories about his life and experiences in China. On the other hand, I get the feeling more and more that he and my uncle the serial cheater in his 60s would have lots of things in common.

On the whole though, content, while uhhh, occasionally problematic, is better than not content, but

diamond dog posted:

there's another saying, "everyone's an rear end in a top hat"

speaking of which stop caring so much about someone else's sex life that you don't know anything about besides what stories they've been good enough to post for our mutual amusement

it's kind of creepy
loving lol at the level of projection here, where the guy calling a guy out for some legit poo poo is accused of being the creepy one

We're on the level of "really, it's the blacks who are the real racists!" here

That said, Haier isn't even close to the pro-players in China; http://nextshark.com/strange-chinese-mystic-fondling-breasts/

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am old and full of envy that I didn't grow up with sex-apps. loving your friend's friends and random coworkers was so limiting. The wacky sex stories are the best part of this thread, aside from the hell-ladders.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
*guy has consensual, legal sex*

me, rubbing my neckbeard, adjusting my fedora: what a creeper! amirite, ladies?

bongwizzard posted:

I am old and full of envy that I didn't grow up with sex-apps. loving your friend's friends and random coworkers was so limiting. The wacky sex stories are the best part of this thread, aside from the hell-ladders.

i started dating my wife the same month I got momo, which was kind of like one of these meeting apps. i missed this great sexual app reformation by like...weeks.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

The Great Autismo! posted:

*guy has consensual, legal sex*

me, rubbing my neckbeard, adjusting my fedora: what a creeper! amirite, ladies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, let's keep discussing known Chinese government supporter FBR and his trolling again.

• Locked thread