Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

VA should really be solid blue.

So should PA (and MI) but lol Fox News and also Horse Race. Showing 220+ EVs as 'solid dem' would probably get the person who makes the map fired. Then again, solid+lean is over 300 EVs so even the map as it currently stands is "Clinton is going to be President if nothing changes" and I really hope Karl Rove is on Fox News again. Either to blow up like last time or to just be a sour "Clinton's won, it's over folks" old fart the entire night, even before polls close.

WampaLord posted:

I'm a little shocked that Pennsylvania isn't Hershey's.

It's by candy, not brand name. There's a lot of Hershey's stuff.

Swedish Fish own though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Wonder how hard it would be to get close to there with a helicopter....

It would be relatively easy to get close, but the jail is downtown and I think flying a helicopter in between skyscrapers is pretty risky, also one assumes that there would be guards on the roof, they would hear and see a helicopter getting close and not sure if you would be able to snatch someone quickly and cleanly enough because the yard is pretty drat small.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

vseslav.botkin posted:

Aliens are under a special access program that fails outside of traditional secrecy protocols, noob. Podesta tried to crack that nut for years without success, not even with the help of Blink 182.

Yeah, ID4 was pretty much a documentary on how things would work if we did know about aliens when it comes to keeping that poo poo top secret.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see O'Keefe's lastest "rigging the election" video basically getting no play at all. Has he finally cried wolf too many times for even the 24-hour news channels to treat him with any credibility?

So many salty Trumpistas whining about the media not covering the videos, too. It's great.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dexo posted:

Wonder how hard it would be to get close to there with a helicopter....

Why hello there, one of my favorite wikipedia articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_helicopter_prison_escapes

Although I'm upset, they used to have little green and red helicopter icons indicating success.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Covok posted:

Why is Trump going back-up in 538? R-leaning polls come out?

he didn't

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I did not know that spiders that can craft web balloons and fly are a thing and my life is significantly worsened for that knowledge

Thanks USPol :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Who's the worst Trump surrogate? I'm torn between Katrina Pierson and Rudy Giuliani

From pages back, but eh.

I'd say AJ Delgado is the most insufferable of Trump's surrogates, purely because she uses herself as evidence in her own confirmation bias.

Also she is genuinely dumb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Covok posted:

Nate has consistently said Hillary was p much near her cap in his system as his system is statistically conservative.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

But following rules is for suckers! So Trump ginned up a bunch of fake buyers, who mysteriously "backed out" once the building was a go. I bet they were all named Miller.

MILLERS :argh:

Harrow posted:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see O'Keefe's lastest "rigging the election" video basically getting no play at all. Has he finally cried wolf too many times for even the 24-hour news channels to treat him with any credibility?

Lumpy is playing it. Because of course he is.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Well, conveniently the window was right there so you could leap to your death without much effort.

At least that's what I would have done.

Yeah...I wasn't jumping 30 stories, though I did consider it.

I was at flying spider central, considering I lived a block from the Sears Tower.

That entire railing would be covered with spiders from May to July.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gfsincere posted:

Literally 2 blocks from my old condo. Also weird thinking they could possibly see me from their cells.

I used to wait for the bus down there in front of those buildings you can see in the background, and I could here the echoes of "HEY GIRL" from all the way up there. Also at the time there was a barbershop right on that corner run by a guy named Osama. When the 08 election happened he renamed his joint to Obama's Barber Shop and decked it all with flags. I'm not sure there was anybody happier to see Barack win.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

He moved up 1% which is enough to annoy me since a man as abhorrent as him shouldn't even have a 1% chance of winning.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Covok posted:

Because she's at a point where to go up any higher in Nate's model requires her to consistently have double digits national and state polls. He did an article about it; she's winning by so much she's sort of run into the 'Well there's a chance a giant meteor could hit us or all polls taken could be wrong' lines.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dexo posted:

Nate has consistently said Hillary was p much near her cap in his system as his system is statistically conservative.

Night10194 posted:

Because she's at a point where to go up any higher in Nate's model requires her to consistently have double digits national and state polls. He did an article about it; she's winning by so much she's sort of run into the 'Well there's a chance a giant meteor could hit us or all polls taken could be wrong' lines.

Wow, that says a lot. She's doing so well in the polls the model literally is going "Woah, now, there is no way he could be losing that bad, right? Like, it's not there is a facist running against a centrist, right? Right? Right....?"

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I used to wait for the bus down there in front of those buildings you can see in the background, and I could here the echoes of "HEY GIRL" from all the way up there. Also at the time there was a barbershop right on that corner run by a guy named Osama. When the 08 election happened he renamed his joint to Obama's Barber Shop and decked it all with flags. I'm not sure there was anybody happier to see Barack win.

Yeah that place closed down in I want to say 2013 or 2014 with the whole "downtown revitalization" thing. Trust me, it looks considerably different downtown now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

iospace posted:

Lumpy is playing it. Because of course he is.

loving Lumpy.

I'm extremely excited to see exactly how many ways he's sliced and chopped this to make it as incriminating as possible. Motherfucker even admitted on Reddit that he was delaying the release so that he could cut it down to just the most impactful parts to "build a storyline."

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

gfsincere posted:

Yeah...I wasn't jumping 30 stories, though I did consider it.

I was at flying spider central, considering I lived a block from the Sears Tower.

That entire railing would be covered with spiders from May to July.

The black leather couch, heraldic icon of Young Guys With Their Own Apartments :3:

gfsincere posted:

Yeah that place closed down in I want to say 2013 or 2014 with the whole "downtown revitalization" thing. Trust me, it looks considerably different downtown now.

:smith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's by candy, not brand name. There's a lot of Hershey's stuff.

Oh, I just meant the generic Hershey's chocolate bar. Sure it's a bland choice, but ya know, Pennsylvania.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

theblackw0lf posted:

I know Lessig gets a lot of poo poo on this forum, but this is just an incredibly classy response from him regarding some unflattering things that were said about him from a Clinton staffer.

http://lessig.tumblr.com/post/151983995587/on-the-wikileak-ed-emails-between-tanden-and

one of the real big lessons from this election is neera tanden is kind of a scumbag and an idiot

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Thank you for ruining my plans to visit Chicago some day. Flying spiders might be the only thing more terrifying than President Trump. :cry:

After they passed out that memo I wonder how many times housekeeping found couches and wardrobes barricading the windows.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Covok posted:

538's model has diminishing returns baked in once you hit high enough, and Clinton is pretty much there right now.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

He's not wrong. According to everybody, he does think he did well.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Is the latest e-mail leak getting any news cycle since it has been a little slow or did another Trump accuser come forward/Trump say something stupid?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ciaphas posted:

I did not know that spiders that can craft web balloons and fly are a thing and my life is significantly worsened for that knowledge

You never saw Charlotte's Web?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sorry y'all have worked with bad architects. Ensuring that our designs can be built and are code compliant is a huge part of what we do so I don't know what to tell you. Though to be honest, as proud as I am of our work, we're probably never going to do anything crazy or pretentious enough to win a Pritzker. :shrug:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Many accusers are coming forward, continuously

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I guess you missed this story: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/05/150518-spiders-australia-silk-webs-animals-environment/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnV4f2oXKUs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

computer parts posted:

You never saw Charlotte's Web?

oh sweet christ I'd forgotten that part of the ending entirely

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:stonk-growing-to-table-breaking-size:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

woke wedding drone posted:

The universe is held up by an endless conga line of Trump sexual assault accusers. They subbed in for the turtles this year.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the article goes on to say those particular spiders are no threat to people but gently caress if i'm ever going outside again

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He's not wrong. According to everybody, he does think he did well.

I mean he did better than the prior one.

Mostly because he literally couldn't do worse short of making GBS threads himself on stage and flinging it at the audience.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ciaphas posted:

the article goes on to say those particular spiders are no threat to people but gently caress if i'm ever going outside again

"Oh no, these spiders aren't. Not these spiders. Not them."

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Ciaphas posted:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If possible, I think he did even worse in the second one, what with the chair-humping, following Hillary like a shark, and assuming the black audience member must be from the inner city.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Pretty boring 2-3 news days. I am not used to this level of inactivity.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

We need to nuke Australia from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

woke wedding drone posted:

It's been about 4 days since the last one hasn't it? Surely the well hasn't already run dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Mmk. Spider-chat is officially the worst USPOL derail. gently caress all y'all.

• Locked thread