Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

Because the trailer that revealed Megas would be back said "Relive" which implies nothing new

I mean, that's kinda fair. But even Ash-Greninja isn't in this model dump which is really weird since its in the demo.

And I guess Ash-Pikachu is a persistent out of battle form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

less laughter posted:

Because the trailer that revealed Megas would be back said "Relive" which implies nothing new

I don't know if it's that exactly, but I imagine the dataminers would have found the mega models if there were any to be found. Did they not find the OLD mega models? That might point towards new ones.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm pretty sure the models listed there are from team preview, and the battle models were scrubbed better. So any form that only appears in battle would not be found.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

I don't know if it's that exactly, but I imagine the dataminers would have found the mega models if there were any to be found. Did they not find the OLD mega models? That might point towards new ones.

No, they didn't. They also didn't grab Ash-Greninja which is in the demo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm downloading the .pngs and it looks like the full Alola Pokedex is here, Mega Alakazam and all.
https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

If there's new megas and stuff they'd be in the complete pokedex probably.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 18, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

No, they didn't. They also didn't grab Ash-Greninja which is in the demo.

Mega Evo models and Battle Bond models don't show up in team preview

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
There are no new megas because they already confirmed that battlespot would not allow for mega evolutions during launch. The point of doing that is to further highlight new things, like z-moves and the new pokemon, so if there were new mega evolutions they would not have banned them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I feel pretty bad for the people who were incharge of scrubbing the demo because they're getting so incredibly fired.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I feel pretty bad for the people who were incharge of scrubbing the demo because they're getting so incredibly fired.

Alternatively, they made scrubbing a rush job because not much is at stake.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everyone saying there's no new megas is forgetting ultra beasts. shame

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm downloading the .pngs and it looks like the full Alola Pokedex is here, Mega Alakazam and all.
https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

If there's new megas and stuff they'd be in the complete pokedex probably.

Yeah, I just scanned through this. Definitely no new Megas in the regional Dex.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I don't know, isn't the point of a demo to give a taste of what the real game is like?

It's just a lot bigger of a taste than they were thinking they let out

like when your friend wants a bite of something and then takes the biggest goddamn bite ever i mean really

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Bongo Bill posted:

Alternatively, they made scrubbing a rush job because not much is at stake.

They removed all text about the main game, the trainer data, dummied every pokemon entry with Pikachu data as well as almost every attack entry with Bounce data. They probably did a thorough and arduous job. Just someone forgot about the shinies and team preview like a dumbo.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

if i'm understanding this right theres still some pokemon we might not have seen. some of these could just be gender differences but that doesnt make sense for all of them. or maybe its nothing at all lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why did they deage the main characters to kids again? teenagers are way more stylish and cool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
This also means we only have left to officially reveal

13 new pokemon,
6 Alola forms
5 Ultra Beasts
1 Pikachu forme (hatachu)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sharrrk posted:

if i'm understanding this right theres still some pokemon we might not have seen. some of these could just be gender differences but that doesnt make sense for all of them. or maybe its nothing at all lol

It's likely just gender differences (and Zygarde cell/core), yeah

I hope female Gumshoos wears lipstick like Wobbuffet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sharrrk posted:

what would the two (two + shines) between dog zygarde and mech zygarde be. does the little cell fight i forget

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope lady mimikyu has a little heart tail too

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I think pokemon may turn into ultra beasts too because the black sticky one looks just like Wimpod's evo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

oddium posted:

what would the two (two + shines) between dog zygarde and mech zygarde be. does the little cell fight i forget

I think so?

It might be dummied out Cell data.

Also some of those blanks could be for the Totem models. At least the one next to Yungoos and dancing Grass type match up, though there isn't one near Wishiwashi.

:shrug:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

I think pokemon may turn into ultra beasts too because the black sticky one looks just like Wimpod's evo.

I don't think anyone is turning into Ultra Beasts honestly.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just mean that they're obviously based on characters, and this one may be based on a pokemon too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm turning into an Ultra Beast right now.

Edit: this is very painful, but cool.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

I just mean that they're obviously based on characters, and this one may be based on a pokemon too.

That would be weird, for them to be mostly based on important NPCs and then a seemingly random pokemon in the middle of the 'dex?

More likely there's some cool buff dude NPC we haven't met yet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also Ultra Beasts are not pokemon, they are eldritch horrors from beyond our dimension and take the form of our NPCs to mock us.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Question: when everyone was talking about the game struggling on older 3DS hardware, was that just when using 3D in battle? Does it still slow down if there's too many models during a battle even without 3D?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HoneyBoy posted:

Question: when everyone was talking about the game struggling on older 3DS hardware, was that just when using 3D in battle? Does it still slow down if there's too many models during a battle even without 3D?

You no longer can turn on 3D in battle, even on the n3DS.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Zore posted:

That would be weird, for them to be mostly based on important NPCs and then a seemingly random pokemon in the middle of the 'dex?

More likely there's some cool buff dude NPC we haven't met yet.

If wimpod 2 and this Ultra beast are totally unrelated, its kind of sad how uncreative they were that they couldnt prevent different dudes from looking nearly identical.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

Probably, X/Y could chug like crazy without the 3D in battle and SuMo looks to have greater graphical fidelity.

Space T Rex posted:

If wimpod 2 and this Ultra beast are totally unrelated, its kind of sad how uncreative they were that they couldnt prevent different dudes from looking nearly identical.

They really don't look that much alike though?

Like, at all.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HoneyBoy posted:

There is no 3D in battles if the demo is any indication.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

You guys dont see it? The tall bipedal body, elongated head sat on top, two long arms that hang down to their feet with giant claws at the end? I just described two guys with the same words here, come on.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nah. Different colors, bro!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Don't insult my friend, Wimpervious.

I'm hopeful that the UBs aren't Pokémon and aren't catchable so we can have somewhat inflated stats and more drawn out battles since they wouldn't be expected to be used by the player. More like traditional RPG battles, where the enemy has a mountain of hitpoints in comparison to you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

You guys dont see it? The tall bipedal body, elongated head sat on top, two long arms that hang down to their feet with giant claws at the end? I just described two guys with the same words here, come on.

Wimpod's evo doesn't have the claws reach its feet (neither does the Ultra Beast I guess since it's claws go past its feet). Also, doesn't have the tiny feet or blades protruding from it's arms. They do both have shoulder spikes though. I'll give you that.

notoriousman posted:

Don't insult my friend, Wimpervious.

I'm hopeful that the UBs aren't Pokémon and aren't catchable so we can have somewhat inflated stats and more drawn out battles since they wouldn't be expected to be used by the player. More like traditional RPG battles, where the enemy has a mountain of hitpoints in comparison to you.

Totem Pokemon will probably have something similar (maybe not the mountain of hitpoints thing), and they're still pokemon that have catchable forms.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Im being trolled right?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Bring Back Pokéstar Studios

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

notoriousman posted:

Bring Back Pokéstar Studios

:agreed:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Tall bipedal body, primarily green, a tail that flares out at the end, short and stubby arms with tiny claws and an undersized head. Which pokemon am I describing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there are 3 different spider pokemon lines and not a single one of them has more than 6 legs