Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Here's the site for every remake:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-2017/assassins

So in summary:
Jungle Talon will be a thing
They turned Rengar's Q into a skillshot, they did it, the madmen.
LeBlanc still cannot switch places with her mirror image for trickster points, so her rework fails.
And they left in Katarina's ultimate so she's still just as cancerous as before.

Oh and Shaco's Junkrat now.

Radical posted:

"upon killing an enemy with death mark, zed permanently gains a portion of their attack damage for himself"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
oh yeah... that too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rengar is easy to deal with, just save a cc ability for h-

quote:

W - Battle Roar - redesigned
Rengar deals magic damage to nearby enemies and heals for 50% of the damage he took in the last 1.5 seconds
Ferocity effect: additionally removes crowd control effects and prevents incoming ones for 1.5 seconds

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

thank god they removed strength of the ages

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

This update seems pretty.. subdued as compared to other ones, numbers aside. It's refreshing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

does nunu normally look that fat

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

does nunu normally look that fat
It's some kind of blue shield from a new item.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

"upon killing an enemy with death mark, zed permanently gains a portion of their attack damage for himself"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"we wanted to make legion commander, but with all the reward aspect and none of the the risk aspect of the hero"

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

quote:

DUSKBLADE OF DRAKTHARR
For when you're out of sight but not out of mind.
SUMMARY

+ ATTACK DAMAGE
+ LETHALITY
+ OUT OF COMBAT MOVEMENT SPEED
PASSIVE: Nightstalker: After being unseen, your next basic attack deals bonus true damage.
PASSIVE: Blackout: Gain true sight when spotted by an enemy ward.

RIP Korean MF build

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

"we wanted to make legion commander, but with all the reward aspect and none of the the risk aspect of the hero"

The wording given on Surrender at 20 makes it sound like it's simply a percentage of the strongest target out of those he's killed with Death Mark. If you go and kill a Jhin with 200 AD and then go and kill a Garen with 100 AD, you will only get the bonus AD from the Jhin.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Is that page unusable for anyone else on chrome?
e: It loads but then absolutely chugs

Moatman fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 18, 2016

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Moatman posted:

Is that page unusable for anyone else on chrome?

Works fine for me

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Zed's Living Shadow (W) no longer has a passive that grants him bonus Attack Damage
The strongest victim of Zed's Death Mark (R) permanently grants him a % of their Attack Damage

ok, thats a bit more reasonable

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alistar's getting a sort of mini-rework, too. Big changes are that Triumphant Roar is now his passive: you gain a Roar stack every time you stun or displace an enemy (as well as if a nearby enemy dies), and at 7 stacks you heal yourself and the nearest allied champion. Trample's his new E, dealing AoE damage over 5 seconds and gaining a Trample stack every time he damages an enemy champion, with his next basic attack stunning and dealing bonus damage when he reaches 5 stacks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I like that a lot, triumphant roar has long been one of the lamest abilities in the game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

How long until they revert things after unintentionally making him a top laner again

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"We know that historically, Alistar has been reliant on his EQ combo. Now that he has another stun, it's time we took an honest look at it: it's the definition of a no-counterplay ability,

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

So off the preseason changes, why isn't Naut really played jungle anymore? I messed around with him in a custom earlier and he has a pretty good clear and worst case scenario he's still Nautilus.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
he's ungodly slow for a role that really wants to be moving around the map as quickly as possible and i'm pretty sure he's a free kill for any of the ever-popular counterjunglers

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Moatman posted:

So off the preseason changes, why isn't Naut really played jungle anymore? I messed around with him in a custom earlier and he has a pretty good clear and worst case scenario he's still Nautilus.

He was a balanced jungler before they had to nerf him due to being a broken toplaner. Which sucks, because he's one of my favorite guys to play jungle.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

he's ungodly slow for a role that really wants to be moving around the map as quickly as possible and i'm pretty sure he's a free kill for any of the ever-popular counterjunglers

Both of these things are also true for gragas

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
PASSIVE: Blackout: Gain true sight when spotted by an enemy ward.

prepare for 100 years of darkness

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
lmao as if ad assassin players would spend a second clearing a ward instead of running headlong into three people

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

RealFoxy posted:

It's some kind of blue shield from a new item.

His passive is active.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

lmao as if ad assassin players would spend a second clearing a ward instead of running headlong into three people

That's why all the ward skins are going to be reworked to look like groups of 3 enemies

the perfect plan

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

That's why all the ward skins are going to be reworked to look like groups of 3 enemies

the perfect plan

Bug: Due to interactions with the SKT T1 Teemo skin, all skinned wards now look like teemo

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

RIP Korean MF build

Lol, are they really giving anyone who has that what's effectively a free oracles? (Ok just raptor smite because it won't see Eve)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Interesting change to Locket: the maximum shield value is effectively doubled (it's 665 at level 18), but the shield value decays over 2.5s. Effective timing now plays a big part in using it well.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Ugghhh, I might be wrong but these changes look like a net gain for assassins, and a pretty significant one at that. Seems I'll be taking another long break from LoL if that's the case. Let me know when the tank meta is back, that was the last time this game was really fun.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Aumanor posted:

Ugghhh, I might be wrong but these changes look like a net gain for assassins, and a pretty significant one at that. Seems I'll be taking another long break from LoL if that's the case. Let me know when the tank meta is back, that was the last time this game was really fun.

haha good one

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol I too like hitting someone for 30 seconds before they die.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

the best pool of midlane champions is vladimr, anivia, urgot

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lol I too like hitting someone for 30 seconds before they die.

P

L

Z

If someone attacks me, I shouldn't die. The attacker should die for trying to deal damage to me.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

LeBlanc looks cool but I have no idea what's going on with her R

Safety Scissors posted:

P

L

Z

If someone attacks me, I shouldn't die. The attacker should die for trying to deal damage to me.

This is an absolutely incredible post/username combo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the tank meta is still alive if you aren't a scrub and know about 45% cdr windspeakers zac or titanic hydra nunu

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

what worries me about leblanc's R is how the R+R combo is supposed to work after you've used chains or distortion

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Moatman posted:

LeBlanc looks cool but I have no idea what's going on with her R

When you activate her new Mimic, it replaces all four of your skills with the Mimic versions, which revert back to their normal skills after using a single Mimic skill. Using any of your Q, W, or E Mimic skills will make you temporarily invisible and then spawn a clone (sort of like her old passive) next to you, which casts an illusory version of the same spell towards the target. If you use R, you can instead spawn a special autonomous LeBlanc clone at the target location (which appears to be mapwide, at least for the moment) that will seek out the nearest (visible?) enemy champion and attempt to cast an illusory version of the last spell you cast before using Mimic R before being destroyed.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Vermain posted:

When you activate her new Mimic, it replaces all four of your skills with the Mimic versions, which revert back to their normal skills after using a single Mimic skill. Using any of your Q, W, or E Mimic skills will make you temporarily invisible and then spawn a clone (sort of like her old passive) next to you, which casts an illusory version of the same spell towards the target. If you use R, you can instead spawn a special autonomous LeBlanc clone that will seek out the nearest (visible?) enemy champion and attempt to cast an illusory version of the last spell you cast before using Mimic R before being destroyed.

oh okay so it basically works like mantra now? that's a lot more elegant than i figured

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

oh okay so it basically works like mantra now? that's a lot more elegant than i figured

More or less. The Mimic R addition is probably the most interesting part of her rework, to me. Like they said on the stream, it means that you can effectively threaten two lanes at once if you go out of vision by forcing enemies to guess which LeBlanc is the real one.

edit: Looks like Strength of Ages is in the dumpster and a new mastery, Courage of the Colossus is in. It grants a shield (no clue on the strength) whenever you inflict crowd control on an enemy. All of this seems to really benefit Alistar.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Vermain posted:

More or less. The Mimic R addition is probably the most interesting part of her rework, to me. Like they said on the stream, it means that you can effectively threaten two lanes at once if you go out of vision by forcing enemies to guess which LeBlanc is the real one.

edit: Looks like Strength of Ages is in the dumpster and a new mastery, Courage of the Colossus is in. It grants a shield (no clue on the strength) whenever you inflict crowd control on an enemy. All of this seems to really benefit Alistar.

I wonder if this makes my boy, Nautilus, good again

• Locked thread