Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
"Hold my vodka!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
What's "oh ye of little faith" in Russian?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mike-o posted:

Сука Блят?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
http://i.imgur.com/vp58Tth.gifv

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mike-o posted:

cyka blyat

e- goddamnit the very next post, in cyrillic even

:negative:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Isn't the Mi-14 supposed to be able to do water landings?

you're right, evidently the hull itself floats somewhat

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Steeltalon posted:

Can anyone here identify what type of FFAR rocket munitions or fuze is being used in this video where it looks like they are airbursting above the target? Thanks GIP.

https://youtu.be/WIC_odeqhFU

There are a few Hydra 70 airburst fuzes. Lacking any other information or even the vaguest knowledge of which ones are commonly used, I'll guess M429.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Reverand maynard posted:

what series of events led to him being in that position in the first place

Reverand maynard posted:

you're right, evidently the hull itself floats somewhat

I remember hearing/reading somewhere that the landing precipitating this gif was a little too vigorous and ended up cracking the front landing gear door open, leading to water getting in, leading to it being way too nose-heavy to get it back out again but drat if he didn't try.

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=47f_1476721582

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In a similar explodey vein, ISIS decided to ramp up their suicide bomb tactics and send out car bombs against the armored formations charging into Mosul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xwOHxreELU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

chitoryu12 posted:

In a similar explodey vein, ISIS decided to ramp up their suicide bomb tactics and send out car bombs against the armored formations charging into Mosul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xwOHxreELU

BF5 lookin sick

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

BF5 lookin sick

See I try this all the time in BF4 but 90% of the time I get killed by the tank. I usually have to sneak up on them. I wonder what their secret to success is

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bolow posted:

See I try this all the time in BF4 but 90% of the time I get killed by the tank. I usually have to sneak up on them. I wonder what their secret to success is

They're hacking. You can see them using some sort of noclip

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Bolow posted:

I wonder what their secret to success is

faith in Allah

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Bolow posted:

poo poo I just learned the ATV C4 delivery system in BF4 and yeah sometimes you have to be sneaky but drat if it doesn't work like a loving champ

Also that first tank knew what was up real quick and loving booked it

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 18, 2016

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm guessing they don't spent a lot of time in gunnery training.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Godholio posted:

I know ISIS armors their bomb cars (they've used a fuckton for raids and outpost captures but I think this is the first time they've been employed in a pitched battle involving tens of thousands of people), so the truck probably took some machine gun hits that didn't stop it. I'm wondering if the driver may have been injured by successful hits, since they crashed into the Humvee rather than detonating immediately or charging a BMP.

Apparently they've also made heavy use of suicide vests during the current battle: when a militant's position is being overrun, he blows himself up.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

I know ISIS armors their bomb cars (they've used a fuckton for raids and outpost captures but I think this is the first time they've been employed in a pitched battle involving tens of thousands of people), so the truck probably took some machine gun hits that didn't stop it. I'm wondering if the driver may have been injured by successful hits, since they crashed into the Humvee rather than detonating immediately or charging a BMP.

Apparently they've also made heavy use of suicide vests during the current battle: when a militant's position is being overrun, he blows himself up.

Goddamn. That is some hardcore poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I spoke with a friend of mine who knows more about BMPs like that. They've likely got no gun stabilization and can't depress the gun for poo poo, so they may have been completely unable to hit the truck on the move through no fault of the gunners.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

Also I spoke with a friend of mine who knows more about BMPs like that. They've likely got no gun stabilization and can't depress the gun for poo poo, so they may have been completely unable to hit the truck on the move through no fault of the gunners.

One of the BMPs that fires sends a round skyward at about a 45 degree angle. I'm going with "they don't practice much."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Urban combat is one of those combat situations where you have absolutely no control. Taking fire and need to take cover? Hope that buiding isn't booby trapped. Breaching into a room? Hope there isn't a machine gun firing through a hole in the wall aimed right at the door.

I'm so glad my combat experience was getting into fire fights in Afghanistan at range. I'll trade pot shots with assholes while waiting for a helo to come blast them all loving day.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm wondering if the driver may have been injured by successful hits, since they crashed into the Humvee rather than detonating immediately or charging a BMP.

Pretty sure that was a BMP that they rammed. There's a humvee on the right that almost hits a BMP while they're both fleeing the truck bomb and there's another to the left that was pretty close to the blast but the ones that were closest were BMPs.

Think they survived?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

my kinda ape posted:

Think they survived?

Willing to bet they did, with injuries, sure, but I have my doubts that would kill the crew.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

my kinda ape posted:

Pretty sure that was a BMP that they rammed. There's a humvee on the right that almost hits a BMP while they're both fleeing the truck bomb and there's another to the left that was pretty close to the blast but the ones that were closest were BMPs.

Think they survived?

I watched again and you're right, they hit a BMP. Explains why the truck bounced off so easily.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

insha'allah

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

chitoryu12 posted:

you dont need stabs unless youre moving. they just keep the gun fixed on a specific point as the vehicle moves.

the bmp that gets hit appears stationary as the truck approaches it. it fires and misses at least twice in the last couple of seconds.

CommieGIR posted:

Willing to bet they did, with injuries, sure, but I have my doubts that would kill the crew.

those dudes are loving dead.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
You can tear up a BMP with a 105, those dudes are dead as gently caress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I stand corrected :smith:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

those dudes are loving dead.

And if they miraculously survived it, they certainly will spend the rest of their awful lives in agonizing pain and praying for death

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Phanatic posted:

One of the BMPs that fires sends a round skyward at about a 45 degree angle. I'm going with "they don't practice much."

That was my take on it too. The whole scenario just screams panic and poor discipline.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
That cluster of vehicles didn't seem all that concerned about maintaining a security perimeter. Oops!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I don't know why but this video immediately reminded me of the washed up, bloated whale they blew up on the Oregon coast back in 1970 with half a goddamn ton of dynamite

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
http://i.imgur.com/cX5H0aG.mp4

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Saddly, ESA announced that Schiapparelli likely failed post chute cut :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

new Crossman .177 pellets looking good

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I present to you, Radio First Termer

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Well I know what I'm listening to at work tonight.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This is loving awesome. I would love if someon ran with this and started an actual stream / show in this manner.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The story is even great, too. IIRC he stole equipment from AFN and set up in the back room of a whorehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
http://i.imgur.com/kLpSaCY.mp4...oh blyat?!?!

blyat...

Man this should be a GTA VI station.