Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Give me a little credit guys, if I ask you what a hike in the forest was like you don't have to tell me there were trees.

It's about Democrats supposedly hiring the mentally ill to go start poo poo at Trump rallies.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

so its come to this

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Give me a little credit guys, if I ask you what a hike in the forest was like you don't have to tell me there were trees.

Guy talks about busing people to polls, likely referring to bringing eligible voters in GOTV operations, but it's edited to look like he's bragging about busing in out-of-state and otherwise fraudulent votes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
please gay satan let Trump reference the national enquirer at the debate tomorrow

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Casimir Radon posted:

The worst is probably Mike'n'Ikes.

You son of a bitch

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So that was the big Drudge Hillary killer he's been crowing about? OMG do you think she's been seen entering a hotel with the Bullet farmer?!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

remusclaw posted:

So that was the big Drudge Hillary killer he's been crowing about?

lol yup

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay this is from a few pages ago but seriously, what the gently caress

There are some pretty bad flavours. The grape is vile.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What's next, Drudge citing the World Weekly News?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so its come to this

I posted a little bit about the second O'Keefe video in the Crazy Political Forwards thread. Just about one part of the video, but once the quote I talked about was disproven it made the rest of the video fall apart. Basically, O'Keefe is trying to frame a conversation about Republican efforts for voter suppression to be about Democratic voter fraud.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is distilled Trump campaign. The comparison makes zero loving sense at all and is offensive to anyone with even an ounce of empathy. It's just completely and utterly senseless.

I dunno, the message that Wall Street bankers were akin to Holocaust victims because Obama didn't bail them out nicely enough was the driving message of one of the biggest midterm waves in American history.

Also, do Republicans like Wall Street now or not? Make up your mind!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Has there been any talk of how accurate these polls are regarding the Hispanic community? That seems pretty relevant in places like AZ. I would assume 'likely voter' weighting would downplay some of their impact since historically their turnout has lagged behind other groups, but OTOH they haven't had an opposition candidate like Trump before so any idea which way pollsters go with it?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Night10194 posted:

It's about Democrats supposedly hiring the mentally ill to go start poo poo at Trump rallies.

lol

Are they more angry about gainful employment for the mentally ill or the fact that their rank and file can't handle Corkie from Life Goes On as agent provocateurs?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Boon posted:

Anyone know what the impact of a cycle like this is over the long-term?

Like. I have to imagine that Arizona, Texas, Georgia, all registering D's and voting in this cycle is going to drive long-term gains as more people are now registered, have bought in, etc.. etc...

Donald Trump may have very well accelerated the demise of the modern GOP just by being himself if there is any statistically significant relation between this cycle and upcoming ones.
I have no idea, but I'm sure that the DNC is driving dump trucks of money to anyone who can help answer that question.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

I dunno, the message that Wall Street bankers were akin to Holocaust victims because Obama didn't bail them out nicely enough was the driving message of one of the biggest midterm waves in American history.

Also, do you Republicans like Wall Street or not? Make up your mind!

But even if that were the case bringing up the Dred Scott decision would be like saying something about Protocols of the Elders of Zion to claim a simile of victimhood to the Jewish experience. It's senseless.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

boner confessor posted:

that is a very rude thing to say about minorities (the town where this happened is majority minority and the county will be very soon)

When did rednecks and morons become a minority in Georgia?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Okay holy poo poo if Drudge is going with the National Enquirer story then there is at least a 50% chance of Trump doing the same.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

comingafteryouall posted:

I posted a little bit about the second O'Keefe video in the Crazy Political Forwards thread. Just about one part of the video, but once the quote I talked about was disproven it made the rest of the video fall apart. Basically, O'Keefe is trying to frame a conversation about Republican efforts for voter suppression to be about Democratic voter fraud.

Do you have a link for the debunking/disproving? I've been ignoring the O'Keefe thing so far.

Edit: Oh, and the Political Poll twitter I posted put up the CO result wrong, it IS C+7 instead of T+7 in the four way. Original data here:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/surveymonkey-15-state-poll/2103/

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

I know it's Drudge but the National Enquirer is the best he has right now?

Funny how this is coming up now and not all the other times the Repubs could have had a killshot.(hello FBI I mean a career/political killshot)

Also isn't national enquirer owned by his son or son-in-law? How does the SIL feel about sloppy 2nds or 3rds?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I will lol into space if Trump brings up the National loving Enquirer at the debate

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Okay holy poo poo if Drudge is going with the National Enquirer story then there is at least a 50% chance of Trump doing the same.

Why not. Trump's already said some way out there conspiracies as is, the only thing missing from them is him making landscapes in a bowl of mashed potatoes and mentioning little green men with probulators

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the good news is that this will probably be the dumbest election in American history and we got to witness it

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Time for Bat Boy to finally become a national issue like he deserves.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
A 9-page Enquirer piece.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SocketWrench posted:

shame on you for thinking nonwhite people can't be rednecks or morons

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SocketWrench posted:

There's a reason Georgia's slowly but surely turning into a purple state.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Is this the wikileaks smoking gun?

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Probably be another unintentional laugh line like the temperament line from the first debate if he does bring it up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the good news is that this will probably be the dumbest election in American history and we got to witness it

There is no way you can make this statement so confidently when we elected Warren 'I'm not really sure why I'm even here' Harding.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

TheBigAristotle posted:

A 9-page Enquirer piece.

"I'm curious if my opponent has read the terrible story on the cover of this week's National Enquirer."

"Is Bat Boy on the loose again?"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Candy corn is great. I demolished a bag in about a week a little while back, then decided I should probably stay away from candy for a while after that.

dis astranagant posted:

Candy corn, no contest.

Ok, you're hosed in the head too.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

More polls for the poll gods:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/788550045318643712

Bayh up 49-43 with 6 percent undecided:

http://wishtv.com/2016/10/18/wish-tvball-state-hoosier-survey-shows-bayh-leading-senate-race/

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Internet Webguy posted:

"I'm curious if my opponent has read the terrible story about her on the cover of this week's National Enquirer."

"Is Bat Boy on the loose again?"

This is entirely possible, you know.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

TheBigAristotle posted:

I know it's Drudge but the National Enquirer is the best he has right now?

New York Times gonna be mad they got scooped again

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
Is Mike Huckabee the sage of this election? Trump is indeed Quint. And Hillary Clinton is his great white.

If only Republicans had seen the movie Jaws. Or read Moby Dick. Or read any book at all, including the Bible. Or watched a movie and understood it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Evan Bayh is the next Joe Lieberman.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Do you have a link for the debunking/disproving? I've been ignoring the O'Keefe thing so far.

Edit: Oh, and the Political Poll twitter I posted put up the CO result wrong, it IS C+7 instead of T+7 in the four way. Original data here:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/surveymonkey-15-state-poll/2103/

I only have my re-framing of a quote from the video to make a lot more sense. It made sense to my Republican friend who shared the video, so I figured it would probably make sense to others too!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

dis astranagant posted:

Candy corn, no contest.

One, candy corn is great.
Two, wax loving lips because seriously? What?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

so this is what the bottom of a barrel looks like...

Also watched that Frontline posted a few pages back. Interesting. One thing stuck out to me though. It was the older woman who was interviewed who said that Hillary felt like a lot of the backlash she got during her husband's first term was because she was a woman who didn't do what she was told and that's stuck with her over the years. It reminded me of an event when I was a kid where my parents were at a car dealership buying a car for my mom and the salesman kept talking directly to my dad despite the fact that the car was for my mom, she was the one with the job, and the loan was in her name. She was furious and refused to buy the car from that dealership. This was like 1996. She's been a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton since 2008 and firmly believes that most if not all of the scandals around her is a function of her being a woman who wasn't afraid to be her own person.

I'm sure this is bordering on 'no poo poo' territory but it kind of reminded me that Hillary Clinton has a core group of supporters who for this election it isn't a lesser of two evils or a hold your nose and vote sort of thing. It's a validation of all the sexism and crap they've had to put up with their entire lives.

Food for thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EDIT: oops

• Locked thread