Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rachel inflicts 80% defense reduction though, she's as important for dealing damage as she is for keeping your team alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rachel inflicts 80% defense reduction though, she's as important for dealing damage as she is for keeping your team alive.

I just did 10 million damage on easy eileene. I think I have room to mess around :v:. My rachel has no weapons, so she really doesn't do that much as far as damage goes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dunno if its rng or weird luck or not, but do y'all find that you get roughly five times as many dragon horns as dragon scales from raid? also since essences are so precious i more or less save them all for confirmed crafting hp armor, and ive been trying to roll some magic orbs lately to go on karma and every single one is lethal. three orbs today, all lethal.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Rachel is very cool, and good

gonna get that void shield accessory and put it on stalker catgirl luggage duckmonster, don't care

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Another Stun accessory. Well, it's not great but it's not terrible either I guess.

Today I discovered there's an accessory that removes all buffs. Yuck.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I got a 20% damage accessory

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

oh no :(

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

:smith: :hf: :smith:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Crit Damage +30%

I should probably put accessories on people at some point.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a lethal+20% accessory, which is made even worse by the fact that i already had one of those.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I got a 30% chance to blind on basic attack, how does this stack with Rin's passive blind on basic attacks?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

30% Paralyze on Basic. Rudynator!!!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
30% Health Drain on Basic. :smug:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

I got a 30% chance to blind on basic attack, how does this stack with Rin's passive blind on basic attacks?

It doesn't. Accessories count as Passives, which never stack identical types, and that includes innate normal attack effects like that. It would take whichever is the higher of the two, which I'm assuming is just Rin's built in on.
Supposedly, different ailments can stack however ...

That's why +Damage is useless, as it doesn't stack with Dellons, Lina, or Karma. Likewise +Defense doesn't stack with Rudy so it's not very useful for ... much of anything.

Lethal Attack is actually a pretty good accessory for PvP, because the higher a character's Lethal attack is, the higher probability weight their skills are given. So for example Lethal is pretty good to stack on Rin, because having her abilities trigger at the start of the match is match changing. And I mean that's on top of the extra 30% damage when it triggers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Does this all apply to jewels, too?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nah, Jewels stack with everything but themselves. So no 2x Damage jewels but a damage jewel does stack with a dellons passive.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So one could theoretically go double lifesteal on Rudy?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does Sieg have a use? He looks dope.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

So one could theoretically go double lifesteal on Rudy?

In theory I would think so, but I've never tried it or heard anyone who has though. Give it a spin and let us know :v:

Agoat posted:

Does Sieg have a use? He looks dope.

Anti-stun for Raid and CR, also preferable because he has crazy high single target damage on his skills.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

drat did I ever hit a wall at 1700. Kind of terrifying that ranks go up to, what, 5500+?

Also how the hell does 3/4 of my friend list have level 40+5 4 lords as their hero :psyduck:

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
I need some advice. I started about two weeks ago and now i'm having problems with getting to the next step.

I have:
6* 30 Shane
6* 32 Hellenia
6* 30 Rin
6* 30 Eileen
6* 30 Yu Shin
6* 30 Lina

I also have a whole bunch of 5* that I've gotten from fusing. Alice, Espada, Karin, Feng Yan, Zhuge Lian, Guan Yu, Mao Song.

What is the next piece/step? I've been doing the event stuff as it comes so I have the 7k/4L selector coming up and etc etc.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

victrix posted:

drat did I ever hit a wall at 1700. Kind of terrifying that ranks go up to, what, 5500+?

Also how the hell does 3/4 of my friend list have level 40+5 4 lords as their hero :psyduck:

If they've played long enough they've probably gotten a bunch of Selectors and/or whaled out.

And as far as the arena goes it can be very deceptive. For one it seems like they never clean inactive players out of it so at basically every level you will see people with completely bananas teams that will completely wreak you and sometimes luck of the draw shows you a lot more of them. Just via persistently trying it every day I'm up at 2100+ right now with a team of a 30 Teo, 30 Giparang, 34 Ace, 32 Rudy and 40 Da Qaio. (Though full disclosure it probably does help a lot that my Ace and Rudy both have 30% Life Steal jewels in them).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aenslaed posted:

I need some advice. I started about two weeks ago and now i'm having problems with getting to the next step.
What is the next piece/step? I've been doing the event stuff as it comes so I have the 7k/4L selector coming up and etc etc.

Get a better raid team together. You've got a good start, you'll probably want to run:
Shane / Espada, Sieg, Lina, Eileen

And you'll want to focus on getting Shane to 40 first, then Lina/Espada/Sieg after that of course.

For CR, similar idea but different as to what is important:
Shane / Eileen, Lina, Alice, <Flex Resistance> -> Friend Rachel

Alice is a replacement for Ace, since the selector is coming up and there is the Puzzle as well, if you can get an Ace in a reasonable timeframe you can skip ranking up Alice at all. See the list thing for the other resistance related guys you need and priority etc: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786918&userid=32307&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post465254878

For your selector, Rin to 32 would make you a champ in PvP but you don't have much else useful for it. So, Ace from the selector + puzzle gets him to 32 which is good for a lot of stuff so might be a safer choice overall.

Rollin a random 1050 HP Armor from raid :haw:
Having used up all my Unlockers already :saddowns:

LornMarkus posted:

And as far as the arena goes it can be very deceptive. For one it seems like they never clean inactive players out of it so at basically every level you will see people with completely bananas teams that will completely wreak you and sometimes luck of the draw shows you a lot more of them. Just via persistently trying it every day I'm up at 2100+ right now with a team of a 30 Teo, 30 Giparang, 34 Ace, 32 Rudy and 40 Da Qaio. (Though full disclosure it probably does help a lot that my Ace and Rudy both have 30% Life Steal jewels in them).

They do fall down eventually but it's not fast, and it's not hard to maintain your rank but also not go up by just doing the weekly requirement.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Next guild war update bans 4 of my team members. :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

victrix posted:

arena is weird, i havent placed a premium on it at all and while i've been really lucky with draws i doubt my roster is that significantly better than any of the other goons on my friends list but i am currently tied with appleban at a 2517 rating right now.

edit: i actually got way higher than that but had to tank my arena rating / spend rubies in hopes of getting some more 6* jewels (i got 40 keys instead)

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 20, 2016

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Rachel from the CR reward chest! Life is moderately less terrible!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

rachel is by far the coolest of the 7 knights because she has the coolest hat, you have done well

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

For your selector, Rin to 32 would make you a champ in PvP but you don't have much else useful for it. So, Ace from the selector + puzzle gets him to 32 which is good for a lot of stuff so might be a safer choice overall.

Rin seems like a real workhorse in pve adventure. She just dominates everything with pure damage. She has no applicable use in raids and CR?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
In raids she can help build a 2nd team, espada as main dps, rin,karma, karon, would make the foundation of a top notch team.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the chief issue is that the best single target DPSs being Shane, Dellons, and Jupy, are all Physical and not Magical damage type. Espada is actually fairly good for it now though as mentioned, her long cooldowns being the real weakness but the damage values on her attacks are very good. She might be a better DPS than a non-buff Dellons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

With everyone and their mom having a 32 Rin soon I think that having a strong Espada you could put on your arena team as well wouldn't be so bad. I've been working on her as my primary magic damage reducer since that buff she got since she's much more survivable than Velika is now.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ace with lifesteal :allears:

Finally made it to Diamond on a nice 9 win streak. My Teo is level 30, not powered up, and has only one lovely +25% spd weapon. Still wins matches.

I'll probably pick up Rin for the last selector but at only level 30 she probably won't be able to find a place on the team as it is. Eventually it would make sense to swap Dellons for Karma and Ace for Rin but that's just not gonna happen without a miracle of getting them up to 32.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i swapped out my Jave for Karma, as even with worse gear and only at 30, Karma tends to survive longer simply from the void shield. now whether or not i can or should put Rin in for Gipparang is another story, as the Karma/Teo/Ace/Rin/Rudy team has essentially zero crowd control.

i suppose i could go to a different formation and ditch Rudy for Karma, but we've still got time before we have to make that choice. i know the lack of other magic attackers makes my Rin only somewhat okay, but the speed boost is fairly significant. its a moot point anyways for awhile because the next selector is a ways off and i still need to get two raid perfect armors and a weapon for her before she's ~good~ switching Rin and DQ in for Rudy and Gipparang seems potentially decent, but considering all of the buff removal this team has maybe I should build like, a Ming Ming or think about putting my Espada in for another magic damage threat.

my next 7k selector is coming up this week too, and i dont know if i should bother with transcending dellons (altho he still seems good for raid and his awakened form in kr sounds strong) or maybe pick up a spike to slot in for that gipparang at least short term

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I feel like you can take most any combinations of the god/top tier heroes and make an extremely strong team out of them. Helps to synergize as much as possible of course. But the important take away is that it's probably best to consider trans levels and gear a significant factor at that point.

Right now it seems like it's pretty unquestionable the best lineup is DQ/Teo/Spike/Rin/Karma, but you see in the Top 10 still people running Rudy, Giparang, Yu Shin (wow), and Sol.

Dude in 16th place for Arena is running Eileen, Rudy, Jave, Kris, Karma. Awesome.

Jave is one of those heroes I think is probably just barely below top tier. Reflect is pretty serious and both of his skills can be really solid. I've had my whole team wiped by a sufficiently decked out Jave a number of times, mostly when he just gets lucky enough to wait to use Dragon Fury.

Sometimes he's just a huge wet fart though, or he gets 1 shotted by Dellons who just void shields the reflect :rolleye:

The Nightmare: Defensive formation with SWK in the back.
The Dream: Dellons opens the round by dropping Deadly Strike on him.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
I've also been playing much differently that what most other people seem to be doing. I'm doing an offensive formation with Hellenia at the front. She just soaks damage so well. How do teams function on defensive with squishies on the front? Don't you run the risk of characters getting sniped off with no way to bring them back?

Lina, Eileen, Rin, Shane > Hellenia.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You stack your front row with durable people, with void shields or auto block or immortality if you're brave.

The advantage of formations like Balanced or Defensive is you can focus a massive damage boost on the units that have strong anti-shield skills, like DQ or SWK or Teo etc. Meanwhile they are less likely to be targeted so they stay safe as long as possible.

Tank teams on offensive are doable but usually with Rudy up front. The problem is that person has to be a complete brick, and damage booster heroes are extremely good right now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i've been running an offensive team with Rudy in front, and my team is surprisingly fast so he usually gets to go first but every now and then a team with a super fast 40 Dellons chunks him for 80% health on the first turn. thats actually not always enough to kill Rudy, depending on what happens next. also every now and then Ace single target nukes someone with a void shield as the first turn of a fight, for, reasons

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lunar slash is a really unfortunate thing to have for pvp, but you can't have everything I guess.
It does occasionally help at least in that it's a stronger damage enhancer than his passive and it persists even in Ace dies.

"Reasons" being that skill probability weight doesn't consider stuff like void shields at all. :regd09:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

more or less for me the ideal thing is for ace to get stunned, as mine has a shitload of health and defense but i very rarely want him to be using skills. honestly even if lunar slash had pierce it would be a cruddy first skill to use as i think the only time its okay to have a first move single target nuke is on a swk, but with all of my aoe buff removal now even thats typically not a huge deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I gotta figure out what to work on for Arena. So close to the 2000s, I can taste it.

I'm running my 40 May in the back row, and she has gear for dayz. Front row is 32 Rudy w/ Legendary Lifesteal gem, Kris, Rachel and DQ. Rachel is probably the weak link.

• Locked thread