Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sooo, if you look at today's waivers, you'll see this entry at the bottom for Concord Concordes:

quote:

Add Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB for $1.00 and drop Griffin III, Robert CLE QB (Error - Transaction Would Create An Invalid Roster For Concord Concordes
24 Players On Roster Exceeds League Limit of 23
)
Submitted Wed Oct 5 2:58:00 p.m. PT 2016
Comments: making this transaction directly to/from my IR slot

Apparently MFL isn't able to notice that a player you're adding is on IR and swap it with another player already on IR.

Our league rules (8.4.1.1) allow this, although they do say you have to have a bench slot open. So we have a choice:
-Modify the league rules to allow it without a bench slot open, and have commissioners manually perform this kind of transaction
-Stick with the status quo

The problem with the first option is if multiple owners submit bids on the same player, and the owner with the higher bid (or in the case of ties, higher priority) needs a manual transaction. Instead, MFL will disallow the transaction automatically, and then the next owner with a valid bid would get that player... potentially dropping another player to get him, etc. A commissioner would have to clean all that up, potentially dealing with a cascade of conditional transactions down the line to fix it.

I think this might be too much to deal with. On the other hand I find it very annoying to have to clear a regular roster slot just to trade guys on IR (or the taxi squad). Any comments or opinions?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, sorry for being a total absentee shitbag, just got back from an unanticipated stint in the woods without internet since July.

I hope my roster of complete all-stars is in someone's caring, loving hands. This is a good league with good people running things.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, the waiver form does not give you the option of pulling a guy directly to IR or taxi, so you'll need a bench slot to do it. A commissioner can directly add a player to a roster anywhere, but there's no practical way to leverage that along with blind bidding waivers, because of multiple bids, etc.

We'll just have to live with the limitation.

3 pages back, just after the draft. We cant do it, so gotta free up bench spot is what was decided.

I tried to do it the day after the draft and had to play musical slots by pushing shepard to the Taxi, then back onto bench.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 9, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi kazak! Just replied to your pm. Welcome back to the internets. :)

Spermy, I'm starting to think there's something genuinely wrong with my short-term memory, gently caress.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Post draft hangover memory. It happens to everyone.

I saw the comment you put in the attempted transaction and giggled a little knowing it didnt work.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'd just like to say gently caress David Johnson if I lose this week

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I need Keuchly to put up 10 which is a walk in the park for him.

However, with my luck he's going to concuss himself tonight on the first drive and be out for 12 years.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I need Olsen and Evans to outscore Brate and Kwon by over 53 points, so uhhh yeah I think I'm going down this week.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
drat right you are

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Division 2 is insane. Everyone is 3-2 and has more PF than all but 2 teams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just sent kazak_Hstan his $20 winnings from last season!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bids on Eddie Lacy:

Even my bid of 21 was too high I think. Dude just isnt producing.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Yall played yourselves he sucks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Given the state of the waiver wire for running backs, and the fact many of us are stashing RB3 and RB4s, Lacy as an RB1 is well worth it. I bid as much as I felt I could fit under my cap and it looks like it was just barely enough.

I saw the Green Bay game on Sunday night and Lacy was trucking dudes before he went out with a minor ankle issue. Starks seems to be pretty unproductive too, so I think GB's struggling with OL issues more than with Lacy being permanently bad now. And with Bell and Miller already on my roster, having Lacy as a flex option for good matchups - or to start over Lamar if he doesn't start producing better - seems like a good way to go for me. Especially with Sims on IR.

And speaking of all of that: can I interest anyone in a Travaris Cadet? His salary is just two dollars!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Given the state of the waiver wire for running backs, and the fact many of us are stashing RB3 and RB4s, Lacy as an RB1 is well worth it. I bid as much as I felt I could fit under my cap and it looks like it was just barely enough.

I saw the Green Bay game on Sunday night and Lacy was trucking dudes before he went out with a minor ankle issue. Starks seems to be pretty unproductive too, so I think GB's struggling with OL issues more than with Lacy being permanently bad now. And with Bell and Miller already on my roster, having Lacy as a flex option for good matchups - or to start over Lamar if he doesn't start producing better - seems like a good way to go for me. Especially with Sims on IR.

And speaking of all of that: can I interest anyone in a Travaris Cadet? His salary is just two dollars!

I was the 22 and thought about going as high as 30, but I could not justify it considering his action so far and next year's cap implications. 26 is never bad for a starting bellcow-ish RB that has been steamrolling when he gets the rock, but he needs to actually GET THE ROCK. Also considering I got $30 on IR right now I was unsure of just who I would need to trim looking ahead for draft cap space if I had him rostered at 30. A good pickup - one that I wanted but could not afford.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah 26 is a really unfortunate amount, too, because he'll go to 29 next year due to rounding up the 60 cents. Still, I think it's clear Lacy is going to keep his RB1 position in Green Bay, and Green Bay is going to still be a good team for a while.

I have serious cap space problems too. I'll only be over by a couple bucks if/when I take Sims off IR, though, and I think I can get that space without too much trouble. And I'd have to drop someone to bring up a taxi or IR dude anyway.

But I'm really jealous of the owners who have mega-cheap RB1s on their rosters, that's for sure. David Johnson is only costing Ash Ketchum $8 and that's just ridiculous, he's going to be cheaply ownable for a decade or more.

As for next year, I doubt Lamar Miller is gonna be justifiable at $52 salary so that is likely where my cap space is coming from. Fallout from my overbid on him in our startup draft. Sigh.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 12, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, not bidding 30 on Lacy is probably going to be one of those things I regret not doing.

Not like there is anything else to spend my money and cap space on... waiver wire is pretty grim.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have Brandon LaFell and Mohamed Sanu for sale. I'm looking for a QB2 but would entertain any offer.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We can manually change the position of players via commish control panel.

Clowney is a DE now on texans depth chart, so we gotta change him and one other guy whose name I forget.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
metapod set your lineup you bitch

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

We can manually change the position of players via commish control panel.

Clowney is a DE now on texans depth chart, so we gotta change him and one other guy whose name I forget.

OK on Clowney, you'll have to tell us the one other guy of course. I just submitted a trouble ticket to MFL so they can change him officially. I just set Clowney to DE for our league. I noticed there's a checkbox (which I didn't check) that would allow owners to switch the player back and forth between their MFL-official position, and the custom position I set. That seems very exploitable unless the player genuinely plays both positions (like Terell Pryor for example, who isn't starting at QB yet but if he did, should he legit be slottable into WR or QB at will? I think probably not).

I notice that rotoworld hasn't picked up the position change yet; NFL.com (the fantasy football part) still shows him as a linebacker, too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ken from MFL app said:

quote:

That may happen automatically but it has to start at the stats company that MFL uses, I think. You could try asking MFL support about it at Help>Support from your league's website. 

Alternatively MFL supports "custom" positions where you can override the position of any player. Your commissioner can make the change and my app and the website will show that customization. 

I guess it comes down to how recently the change was made. Justin Forsett moved to Detroit this week and it took a couple of days for the stats to catch up. If it has been longer than that for Clowney maybe try the Custom Position option. 

I hope this helps!

- Ken Pespisa

Brandon Graham is the other. Listed as LB on MFL but plays DE and is DE on Eagles depth chart.

And no, I have no idea why I emailed the guy that made MFL Platinum asking this.

I just realized I did that, now I owe him an apology.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MFL support posted:

--- Reply ---

Hi Leper,

See below for more info. Your commissioner would have to change his position at this point of the season if your league want to change his position.

- Mike

This question is answered in our Help Center, which you can access from the "Help > Help Center" menu, in the "Players & Lineups" > "NFL Players" subcategory:

Why is a player listed at the wrong position? Or, what happens if a player changes the position he plays during the season?

We use <http://www.rotoworld.com/> Rotoworld.com as our official source for all player positions. While we have full confidence in their classification of players, some players (especially defensive players) play at multiple positions, making classification more difficult.

We synchronize our player positions to match the <http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nfl.aspx> Rotoworld.com Depth Charts during the preseason on a monthly basis. Then after the season starts, we generally don't make site-wide position changes, so it is up to your league commissioner to decide how to handle position changes after the season starts.

Regardless of how Rotoworld.com has a player position listed, the commissioner can use the <http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=79286&amp;O=95> For Commissioners &gt; Setup &gt; Players and Rosters &gt; Change Player Position option to over-ride any of our default positions with positions that you think are more appropriate for your league.

You can review the player position changes that have been made on the "Help > What's New" menu item under the "Player Position Changes" link.

So, yeah, they use Rotoworld (which hasn't updated yet) and even then they don't change players midseason, generally. So whatever, if you own or are interested in a player whose classification seems to be wrong, just speak up and we'll verify and then fix it.

Brandon Graham is currently classified as a defensive end in our league, so I haven't changed anything.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
RIP shady RIP my season

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He is still better than my running backs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I made bad decisions.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is he hurt or not cause Mike Gilleslie might finally pay off for me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I made bad decisions.

:hfive:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Is he hurt or not cause Mike Gilleslie might finally pay off for me.

idk he went down with what looked like a knee injury but then he came back and team for like another forty yards

close rear end win for me this week

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
We say this every week, but drat this central division is crazy. We're all 4-2

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I would be third in Division 3 and dead last in Division 2.

Instead I'm sitting in first in Division 1.

My Points For is abysmal compared to the other divisions.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

The Zack posted:

We say this every week, but drat this central division is crazy. We're all 4-2

I was real mad for like 10 seconds that I'm in last place and then I actually looked at the whole division and was like :stare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well week 7 is a division matchup week for everyone, so we'll see a bunch of those ties broken. Remaining division matchup weeks are weeks 7, 9, 11, and 13.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
How do I have three QB's, none of which I want to start this week?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hixalot posted:

How do I have three QB's, none of which I want

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dammit team mclean! I wanted clowney. :argh:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
2 Questions about stealing from other players Taxi Squads:

1) Do I have to have the cap and roster space available before I declare the steal?

2) Do I have to start the player I steal or can they go to my bench? Can I send them directly to my own taxi squad? Probably no to the taxi squad part but I don't see it actually in the rules.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1. No, but you'll need to create it before the player lands on your team, which happens if they don't block the steal for 72 hours (or post that they won't try to block the steal).
2. Uh gently caress this should have been in the rules. But the intent is that the stealing team has to start that player that week. If the steal is blocked or successful, either way, that player gets started and will never be taxi squad eligible again.

The intent here is that taxi squads are for stashing future prospects, not playable-right-now players. If someone else has stashed a guy that is startable, then someone in the league will want to start them, and that owner can initiate a steal.

The intent is not to steal a guy that the other owner could then immediately steal right back, or steal a guy that you will just bench (non-taxi bench) in order to prevent him from being stealable right back, but you're not willing to start.

Since it's not in the rules, I'd like the other commissioners to weigh in before I add that to the rules.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
"If you steal them, you have to start them" because we've gone over this before.

The only way to prevent a steal is to start the player yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

1. No, but you'll need to create it before the player lands on your team, which happens if they don't block the steal for 72 hours (or post that they won't try to block the steal).
2. Uh gently caress this should have been in the rules. But the intent is that the stealing team has to start that player that week. If the steal is blocked or successful, either way, that player gets started and will never be taxi squad eligible again.

The intent here is that taxi squads are for stashing future prospects, not playable-right-now players. If someone else has stashed a guy that is startable, then someone in the league will want to start them, and that owner can initiate a steal.

The intent is not to steal a guy that the other owner could then immediately steal right back, or steal a guy that you will just bench (non-taxi bench) in order to prevent him from being stealable right back, but you're not willing to start.

Since it's not in the rules, I'd like the other commissioners to weigh in before I add that to the rules.

That's what I thought tbh, I just wanted to be sure since I'm not searching back through the thread and it wasn't in the rules doc.