Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Philosopher King posted:

I'm hearing conflicting reports that this game is gonna be aviliable at 3am est instead of 12 est.

Mine says 3am too now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've read that it's from EA which is reading as Pacific but the game will be playable at midnight eastern anyway. Kinda weird that the platform can't manipulate something originating from a publisher.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
DICE seems to be blaming sony for the game not unlocking until 3 a.m. and claimed earlier it would unlock anyway at midnight but looks like that isn't true.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

V for Vegans posted:

DICE seems to be blaming sony for the game not unlocking until 3 a.m. and claimed earlier it would unlock anyway at midnight but looks like that isn't true.

Peculiar. Sony's site as late as yesterday said 12am EST.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Peculiar. Sony's site as late as yesterday said 12am EST.

People who talked to Sony support before the release and the official Twitter also said that it would release at midnight eastern time, and now are both silent on the issue.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I have the physical copy, preordered at best buy, and I am in and able to play. As are tons of others on the ps4. However, my 5 friends who have the digital cannot connect yet.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

first impression: gently caress the behemoth. Also can they throw the cavalry sword, because i was just killed from like 50 feet by one.

E: how are motherfuckers already rank 30 when the game's been out for like 4 hours.

red19fire on ps4, let's all get malaria together and murder Italians.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 18, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

red19fire posted:

E: how are motherfuckers already rank 30 when the game's been out for like 4 hours.

People have been playing since the 13th with EA Access.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Is the launch working smoothly for those who have been playing? This is the first BF I'll be playing from launch and I've heard nothing but horror stories about the launch of the previous few games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd expect things to be ok until the game unlocks for everyone on the 21st. I'm sure it will be a poo poo show then.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I tried out Origin Access on PC last night to see if I could get the full version to run better than the beta. Unfortunately my 670 just isn't cutting it, and on some maps the frames dip so often it's hard to play. So I'm sticking with the original plan of playing on PS4 on Friday. The other maps are pretty cool. I wanted to try operations but there wasn't enough people playing it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How is the PS4 version? I played the beta on PS4 and it seemed good. Is it still good? Is it good on other maps? Is it better?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It's great.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Campaign is neat so far... but holy crap could this install multiplayer any slower? @ 46% and increasing 1% every 5+ minutes.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I've been shootered out for years but seeing the positive reception this is getting makes me feel like giving it a whirl. Back in the day I used to love the 1942 mod BF1918 (I think) and it was great fun using WW1 hardware. I guess I'll pick it up Friday. The last shootmans game I got into was Bad Company 2.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've been shootered out for years but seeing the positive reception this is getting makes me feel like giving it a whirl. Back in the day I used to love the 1942 mod BF1918 (I think) and it was great fun using WW1 hardware. I guess I'll pick it up Friday. The last shootmans game I got into was Bad Company 2.

Quit. If the last MP shooter you played was BC2 you should just walk away knowing you played the best.

Edit: Non-edgy remark: Cool dude this game owns, wish they would do something to discourage snipers.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Beastie posted:

Quit. If the last MP shooter you played was BC2 you should just walk away knowing you played the best.

Edit: Non-edgy remark: Cool dude this game owns, wish they would do something to discourage snipers.

Fog seems to help with that, plus adds atmosphere as well as making it harder for pubbies to not run into your gas grenades.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

wish they would do something to discourage snipers.

I don't know why "guy who doesn't join in the play but gets a super powerful weapon with a huge zoom scope" is a mandatory include in multiplayer games.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think snipers are fine but there should definitely be a limited number per team by default

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Chemmy posted:

I don't know why "guy who doesn't join in the play but gets a super powerful weapon with a huge zoom scope" is a mandatory include in multiplayer games.

Probably at least partly due to the fact that some folks live and die by that class and if you removed it from "BIG TRIPLE A SHOOTER" you'd lose some nontrivial (?) amount of sales.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Snipers are good because they are easy to knife

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This game is awesome except I feel like opponents are hard to see and everything seems unnecessarily washed out. If everything else on my PS4 and monitor didn't look just fine I'd assume it was my monitor settings...

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like I look around, see no one, get shot right away and then realize someone was 10 feet away from me. Maybe it's just the map? I didn't get to play more than one...

That and spawning on a flag only to be instantly gunned down by someone right behind me. :/

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

To be fair I've only played the beta and consumed a ton of my friends captured footage but I got the same impression.

I think it's them showing how bleak things are without making brown.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Feenix posted:

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like I look around, see no one, get shot right away and then realize someone was 10 feet away from me. Maybe it's just the map? I didn't get to play more than one...

That and spawning on a flag only to be instantly gunned down by someone right behind me. :/

Yeah this is happening to me too. The lack of spotting is killing me. I'm also getting one shotted from far away by the starting assault gun, when I know I only do like 13 damage at the same distance. I swear bf4 had the same issue though.

At least there's no Locker/metro super grind map... yet.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Snipers should have to adjust scope zoom to some degree. They shouldn't just ADS to a perfectly clear view to any range the player is looking at.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

red19fire posted:

Yeah this is happening to me too. The lack of spotting is killing me. I'm also getting one shotted from far away by the starting assault gun, when I know I only do like 13 damage at the same distance. I swear bf4 had the same issue though.

At least there's no Locker/metro super grind map... yet.

have you played the 64 man conquest map in the desert with 3 points with the murder train on the side? because there's your super grind map

red19fire
May 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

have you played the 64 man conquest map in the desert with 3 points with the murder train on the side? because there's your super grind map

Yeah, that's brutal. but at least the mortar is fun if short ranged.

I'm trying to get the squad medal, and one of the things is squad suppression assist. I'm using the Extra Supression machine gun, getting Squad Suppression assist on the screen, and yet it's not counting towards the medal.

Also what happened to assignments?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

red19fire posted:

I'm trying to get the squad medal, and one of the things is squad suppression assist. I'm using the Extra Supression machine gun, getting Squad Suppression assist on the screen, and yet it's not counting towards the medal.

Also what happened to assignments?

You have to do the stages in order. Because reasons. It's pretty dumb; basically just artificially inflates medal completion time. And that is the assignment system for this game.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
That new desert locker map is great if you fill a flame thrower tank and just roll around the map lighting everyone on fire.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Recommendations on where to spend my War Bonds? Whats good?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

Recommendations on where to spend my War Bonds? Whats good?

Assault: AT Mines if you're constantly facing against trains or playing Amiens. M1918 Automatico for primary. Trench is better for hip shooting so you might want to try that.
Medic: Either Mondragon or Selbslader 1916 depending on your preference. Rifle grenades are useless so just buy a crate.
Support: Lewis Gun Suppressive when you get a single rank. The Madsen is probably the best early gun until you rank up and buy stuff with sights. Buy the limpet mines and the big crate; limpets work on a timer and attach to enemy vehicles.
Scout: Russian 1895 Sniper is slightly better than the default SMLE. Choose the blinding flare gun option, it drives people utterly insane when you use it on them and puts them at a huge disadvantage when advancing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can't even switch weapon loadouts in this game. Help? I've played 100+ hours of each console version of BF (even Battlefield 2: Modern Combat!) but never figure out half of the UI stuff, including how to use the weapons/stuff from battlepacks.

That said the game is so good/fun that I'm thinking about cancelling Titanfall 2 even though I have it for $30 off. And CoD seems way off the radar now.

Goddamn that season pass is expensive though ($67 Cdn)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I can't even switch weapon loadouts in this game. Help? I've played 100+ hours of each console version of BF (even Battlefield 2: Modern Combat!) but never figure out half of the UI stuff, including how to use the weapons/stuff from battlepacks.

When you are on the class selection screen before you spawn just press the customize button. It's Y on Xbox. Also you can do it on the battlefield.com career tab.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
3 loving squads of snipers. sigh.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I thought the support class was poo poo until I got the BAR. :getin:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Judging by how often I don't see people and also how often I see other people have no idea where someone is right in front of them, I think something might need to be done about that...

[ed] Also is class rank really slow? Broken? Only achieved by doing class specific stuff?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 19, 2016

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Assault: AT Mines if you're constantly facing against trains or playing Amiens. M1918 Automatico for primary. Trench is better for hip shooting so you might want to try that.
Medic: Either Mondragon or Selbslader 1916 depending on your preference. Rifle grenades are useless so just buy a crate.
Support: Lewis Gun Suppressive when you get a single rank. The Madsen is probably the best early gun until you rank up and buy stuff with sights. Buy the limpet mines and the big crate; limpets work on a timer and attach to enemy vehicles.
Scout: Russian 1895 Sniper is slightly better than the default SMLE. Choose the blinding flare gun option, it drives people utterly insane when you use it on them and puts them at a huge disadvantage when advancing.

The m1918 is so weird to use. The fire rate isn't consistent so it throws off my aim so I just went back to the default gun for assault. For support I like the side loading gun, I forget what it's called but it's wicked good if your play style is more based around assault rifles.

The worst part of trying to switch up your kit is that there's a glitch where it just resets everything you just changed and you back to back out and go back into the load out screen to be able to do anything again.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
loving Airship ruining a good time.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Did anyone make a sign up or group or something for PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
What all light tank kits are there? Is it just the three from the beta?