Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Neito posted:

I think McCree is the only one for whom that's not true? And maybe Ana, who I don't think has a voice line for her ult that the other team hears?

Enemy McCree ult line is, of course, "IT'S HIGH NOON."
Friendly line is "Step right up." IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

McCree says 'It's high noon' and 'step right up'.

Ana says 'Nano boost adminstered' or 'You're powered up, get in there' vs 'Warīhum quwitak!'

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mierenneuker posted:

McCree has "it's high noon" and "step right up" (friendly). Ana has Arabic and English (friendly) lines.

I guess I've just become so inured to the friendly ones because I know I don't have to care that they've just become background noise in my brain.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does Roadhog have ult callouts? I usually only realize he's using his ult when I'm being nailed to the ceiling

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Supposedly he says "eat this".

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQaVF5kmdc

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Danaru posted:

Does Roadhog have ult callouts? I usually only realize he's using his ult when I'm being nailed to the ceiling

Laughing maniacally.

Edit: also snorting

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Pretty much all of the Halloween-themed stuff for Overwatch is great.

So much better than the lovely Olympic-themed stuff.

But, I mean...how can you compete with Halloween? King of the Holidays!

There will likely be winter/Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus themed stuff i December, too. Still won't be as good as Halloween stuff, but I'm sure it will be fun.

I also like that you can keep using the holiday/event themed sprays/skins/whatever past the holiday. I know some games do holiday themed stuff but once the holiday is done they go away for good.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I love the grumpy old man 76 spray so much. I really wish that sweater was his costume, instead of what we got.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ana gives out candy :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOvktytg3XI

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

A player killed me with Ana then gave my corpse some candy. Didn't even know she had that until then, poo poo was hilarious.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Please tell me the player characters make fun of Edgy McGrimDark over there

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Calaveron posted:

A few do, and most players themselves as well. Especially when every Reaper player has name like these.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Calaveron posted:

There are conversations between characters that can take place at the start of the round. One between Reaper (Grim McEdgelord) and Winston (gorilla scientist) goes like this:
Reaper: Poor Winston. Has to hide away so he doesn't scare the children.
Winston: I don't even think children are afraid of you.

Here's another with McCree (the most cliche wild west cowboy that ever cowboyed):
Reaper: You look ridiculous.
McCree: Looked in a mirror lately?

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Oct 18, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Reaper is worth it just for his mariachi skin. It would be better if instead of yelling Die Die Die he played the hat dance during his ult

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

10 bucks if u get it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Len posted:

Reaper is worth it just for his mariachi skin. It would be better if instead of yelling Die Die Die he played the hat dance during his ult

Ai, ai, ai!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like to use his "I'm back in black" voice line with the white Mariachi outfit.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still ashamed of Blizzard for not changing Reaper's lines to the Spanish localization when he's using a mariachi skin.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
What game is that?

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

What game is that?

Shadow warrior 2

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

What game is that?

Shogun 2

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kontradaz posted:

Shadow warrior 2
What the hell? How did they turn from a Duke-clone remake to uhh

that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

that

Shadow Warrior 2 is actually the sequel to a reboot of the original.

edit: oh, I missed the word 'remake' in your post. You're probably aware of that already.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Oct 19, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Kontradaz posted:

10 bucks if u get it

Orion the Hunter? Been a long time since I could see the constellations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

that

Into a loving hilarious game that is a thrill to play?

Magic, I guess.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Len posted:

For all the other skins, have this cover parody play instead :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMMJ3_JUJlE

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mierenneuker posted:

There are conversations between characters that can take place at the start of the round. One between Reaper (Grim McEdgelord) and Winston (gorilla scientist) goes like this:
Reaper: Poor Winston. Has to hide away so he doesn't scare the children.
Winston: I don't even think children are afraid of you.

Here's another with McCree (the most cliche wild west cowboy that ever cowboyed):
Reaper: You look ridiculous.
McCree: Looked in a mirror lately?

Yeah, almost every character gets shat on in dialog by at least one other character.

Except D.Va. for whatever reason absolutely no characters even really make any jokes about her and universally love her, right down to two separate characters asking for her autograph.

But I've bitched about that at length elsewhere.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Please share

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, almost every character gets shat on in dialog by at least one other character.

Except D.Va. for whatever reason absolutely no characters even really make any jokes about her and universally love her, right down to two separate characters asking for her autograph.

But I've bitched about that at length elsewhere.

Widowmaker tells her to get off the battlefield and calls her a child, so at least one character gives her poo poo.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
To clarify ult callouts:

Callout when you are playing the character = callout when an enemy ults.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Schneider Inside Her posted:

To clarify ult callouts:

Which is a pretty good design decision since for new players it means you associate the character you're playing with that voice clip and that ult, so you recognise it more readily when it's used against you.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
I've been playing "Aragami," renamed from "Twin Souls: Path of Shadows," renamed from "Path of Shadows." It's a modernized indie take on Tenchu. The dialogue is handled as spoken gibberish over text boxes, but anytime anyone says a proper noun it's audible in the gibberish and they even got multiple voice actors to do different characters.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

that
The first reboot game was a pretty awesome traditional FPS with cool melee combat thrown in, and in the sequel they basically took that and mixed in a pretty good chunk of Borderlands.
Although I dunno what you mean by '"that"', as if stupid dick jokes weren't a central theme already in the original.

Personally I'm loving stoked to get to play it, but I need to wait until I get a new PC in December since my current shitheap is on its last legs.

As for my favourite little things in games: The drat rabbits in Shadow Warrior.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nordick posted:

The first reboot game was a pretty awesome traditional FPS with cool melee combat thrown in, and in the sequel they basically took that and mixed in a pretty good chunk of Borderlands.
Although I dunno what you mean by '"that"', as if stupid dick jokes weren't a central theme already in the original.

Personally I'm loving stoked to get to play it, but I need to wait until I get a new PC in December since my current shitheap is on its last legs.

As for my favourite little things in games: The drat rabbits in Shadow Warrior.

Shadow Warrior 2 takes the demon bunnies to the next level and makes them into minibosses who drop loot when you are unlucky enough to spring one through your wanton rabbit murder.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Schneider Inside Her posted:

To clarify ult callouts:

Not always. Not calling you wrong but I mostly play Mercy and her ult is "Heroes never die!" when the enemy uses it it's "Helden sterben nicht!"

Could be they just missed her.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just got a game on the PS2 called Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat. It only cost a pound, but it seems like a solid if simple action exploration game, and it gives reasons to return to earlier areas (Money - there are 4 types of chest, wooden, which you can just open, and Iron, Stone, Crystal and Skull that you need to find keys for for later in the game and return for) although the combat is fairly rudimentary. Naval combat is similarly simple, mainly damage racing then collecting whatever healing items the opposing ships drop. The characters have also been somewhat charming although steretypical, and each island has plenty to explore, including finding buried chests that Kat senses when close to them.

It's pretty cool so far, currently 2 hour in and having fun exploring :3: Anyone else heard of this game?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Calaveron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knD6CqI3t04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Anyone else heard of this game?

It's one of the (as far as I know) 2 Westwood games to not be on PC (the other was Young Merlin on the SNES) - the XBox port is supposed to be better.