Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Curious if they'll beef up Aegis/Locket's base stats if they're gutting the aura aspect of it. 20 mr and 400 hp seems really slot inefficient even with the shield active on it, especially when you can get banner for a bit more gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Primetime posted:

Curious if they'll beef up Aegis/Locket's base stats if they're gutting the aura aspect of it. 20 mr and 400 hp seems really slot inefficient even with the shield active on it, especially when you can get banner for a bit more gold.

They did. It now has 30 Armor, 60 MR, and its 400 HP from before. The Locket active also had its shield value doubled, though it now decays over its 2.5s duration. It's pretty clearly supposed to be the "protect vulnerable target(s) from burst" item in the support item pantheon, now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
New Talon E owns

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
man lets see if league is good now

https://lolstatic-a.akamaihd.net/fr.../scry-plant.mp4

seeya next year

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
anyone who likes tank meta needs to be shot out of a cannon into outer space thanks

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I was looking at analytics for some of the champions mentioned to me and Vladimir seems cool but I'm a little confused; his winrate is like barely 45% and he's ranked REALLY low on champion.gg and such, but he still gets banned and lolalytics says his worldwide winrate is high? I'm not sure I get it.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

stump collector posted:

edit: i noticed mid kogmaw is apparently back on 6.20 unless champion.gg is broken or something. he'll be even stronger on 6.21
Mid Kog'maw being that high is due to a quirk with the way champion.gg weights it's data. He's not actually that good, other sites like Lolalytics have him at about 49% (which is still better than his ADC role, lol).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im hoping adc kog is going to become more viable when they implement the changes they stole from me

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ellbent posted:

I was looking at analytics for some of the champions mentioned to me and Vladimir seems cool but I'm a little confused; his winrate is like barely 45% and he's ranked REALLY low on champion.gg and such, but he still gets banned and lolalytics says his worldwide winrate is high? I'm not sure I get it.
Vladimir's overall winrate is 45%. His winrate in the hands of people who are extremely good at him (likely playing 100+ games this season of him) is 54%. When it says "Top Vladimir's Worldwide" it means top as in top skilled, not Vlad in the top role.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ellbent posted:

One of the important things to note about the general winrates (what you see on the champion grids) on places like champion.gg is that they're the average winrate. Winrates can vary a great deal based off of player experience with the champions. If you check out Vlad's Winrates by Games Played statistic, it looks kind of weird: starting off at 46%, suddenly climbing up to 53%, then back down to 44%, then back up to 51% by the time you get to 125+ games played with him.

There's a lot of potential explanations for a weird trend like that, but I'd say the biggest is that modern Vladimir has a very high skill cap and can feel relatively ineffective if you don't know how to swing him properly. Unlike a lot of other mages, he has to get fairly close to targets to deal damage to them, which puts him in greater danger of being hit by crowd control and killed compared to, say, Ahri. Thus, most players start off not really knowing the matchups and not really grasping how much you can push Vladimir before he breaks, and so they do things like blow Pool just for some extra damage and then die immediately to a burst combo. Once you start getting the hang of him, your winrate starts to go up... but, consequently, you're also likely pushing your rank up into the leagues where more players know how to deal with Vlad effectively, so your winrate slides back down again. Finally, once you've really got a solid grasp on him, your winrate moves back up to roughly where it was before, since you now know how to play around people who understand Vladimir's weaknesses, whereas before you were likely up against people relying on playing Syndra and farting out their baby combo on the midlane to kill their opponents.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Vermain posted:

One of the important things to note about the general winrates (what you see on the champion grids) on places like champion.gg is that they're the average winrate. Winrates can vary a great deal based off of player experience with the champions. If you check out Vlad's Winrates by Games Played statistic, it looks kind of weird: starting off at 46%, suddenly climbing up to 53%, then back down to 44%, then back up to 51% by the time you get to 125+ games played with him.

Taric and Galio are more obvious examples of this. Both of them have the highest winrate at 5-15 games played. Since they exists to punish stupid all-AD/all-AP comps, this represents people using them as counter-picks. A normal player does not run into 125+ all-AD comps in a season.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chalice passive is interesting I suppose. I'm definitely liking the almost universal decrease in cost for support items.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 19, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
mis fortun good chomp
my favorite parts are both of the quadras and right at the very end when I pop jhins GA with a double up that I shot at Shyvana who then ulted backwards towards the jhin letting it bounce to him for 750 damage

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 19, 2016

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26st0khOTl0

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

mis fortun good chomp
my favorite parts are both of the quadras and right at the very end when I pop jhins GA with a double up that I shot at Shyvana who then ulted backwards towards the jhin letting it bounce to him for 750 damage

i'll have to try to find the video but i was playing an mf game with kcw some time earlier this year and i managed to get a double kill by hitting a double up on somebody who flashed towards a teammate that got the first kill, then died to duskblade passive. it was the most savage and unpredictable double kill you could possibly get

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This just happened in my solo queue game. i've never seen a team acknowledge getting owned so hard, so immediately http://plays.tv/video/5806ec859ad0c08c6e/anivia-deals-damage

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I changed my mind on ivern buildpath, do echoes, just don't play like a tank.

Mobis -> runic -> banner

Runes:
Attack speed reds
Scaling health yellows
Scaling CDR blues
Move speed quints

0/18/12 with Windspeaker's

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ivern accomplishments: mastery level five, and got to plat 3. I started in plat 1

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Maybe soon you'll get used to him .

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

kingcobweb posted:

This just happened in my solo queue game. i've never seen a team acknowledge getting owned so hard, so immediately http://plays.tv/video/5806ec859ad0c08c6e/anivia-deals-damage

Looks like a normal Anivia game to me.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lol you a bitch

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

lol you a bitch

thats a garbage rear end idea

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Completely ruined the game, giving sight for 2 seconds around the pixel bushes!!!!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Plants are a Really loving Stupid Idea to change up the jungle, sorry buddy

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but saying they're going to completely ruin the game is even loving stupider

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

imagine being talon and jumping over a wall, killing the exploding plant and being sent right back over the wall

its a brave new era of emergent gameplay

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

when is this ranked season over

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They really really profoundly stand out as really gimmicky so it's not the most surprising how much of a turnoff they are, and the health pack one looks busted as gently caress. I'll wait and see but it's one of the worst possible things they could do to the map by adding in another form of Skarner's stupid rear end control points

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Ivern accomplishments: mastery level five, and got to plat 3. I started in plat 1

I honor your sacrifice in service of the noble cause of "figuring out nice cheerful treeman jungler"

I want him to be good :(

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

when is this ranked season over

The night of November 7th (not sure what time exactly but I would assume 11:59 PM Pacific).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

well if i quit running into tyler1 fans who quit after dying as a fizz support i should have plenty of time to make it to diamond.

thanks mate

edit: rush has triforce and duskblade on hecarim at 17 minutes lol he has like 300 ad

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 19, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
well?

what do you DO?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you should have told him that they aren't considered sex 'clubs' if you have to pay to gently caress people there

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

kingcobweb posted:

What is the background music/soundscape you have going on there?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

what the gently caress was that anivia damage lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DONT DO IT posted:

What is the background music/soundscape you have going on there?

Compilation of early minimal synth stuff by Oneohtrix Point Never, one of my favorite electronic musicians

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So from what I understand, their next plans for jungle are to add those plants in and then remove smite buffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yeah im not sure what that does to make the jungle better but it's pretty much an annual 'change a shitload of things in the jungle' patch at this point so it's appropriate

• Locked thread