Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's because they keep walking past actually valuable stuff like ancient statues and machines in hopes of finding a box of gold coins or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Hey Mr. Alcazar, I bet you're wondering how the whole Avery's treasure thing is going. Well we didn't find the treasure in Scotland, but I've got this cool skull that's also a watch"

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

He shouldn't give ideas on what will happen to his skull for not finding the treasure.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

CJacobs posted:

"Hey Mr. Alcazar, I bet you're wondering how the whole Avery's treasure thing is going. Well we didn't find the treasure in Scotland, but I've got this cool skull that's also a watch"

Alcazar looks at the watch, looks back at Sam, looks at the watch again.

A long pause....

"The debt has been paid."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i bet some of those war criminals drake murdered in 2 had some awards out on them. maybe elena made some quiet phone calls

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
it's too bad they noted the monks had already abandoned the place by the time Avery moved in because if not I would suggest the silent brothers of monk house reset the traps as a special inter-fraternity thing that was part of greek week

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zagglezig posted:

Thinking back, was the first game the only one where we lost the really big treasure cause it turned out to be a scientifically magical artifact/substance too dangerous to let anyone have, but we still made a good profit cause one of our friends found a bunch of less important, but still valuable, treasure?
Sully is the only one of the main cast with any sense to actually steal things. Drake never does it because he's more an "adrenaline junkie who likes finding shiny knick-knacks to put in his attic" than an actual thief.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bobjr posted:

I thought he noted the floor and you see him talking to Sam when Nadine is trying to get a hold of Rafe. That or Nate just knows he's a natural at destruction.

I meant Avery.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Not to HYPE UP OR ANYTHING but the next few chapters are probably my favorites in the game and made me enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would initially.

And later on the game gets even better!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

chinese barbecue porp posted:

Not to HYPE UP OR ANYTHING but the next few chapters are probably my favorites in the game and made me enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would initially.

And later on the game gets even better!!

Agreed. Scotland takes a long time and is mostly platforming, but we're about to get into some of Uncharted 4's best segments. Not to spoil anything, but we get some epic environments that really take advantage of the PS4's power and one of the best action sequences the series has ever had.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

paragon1 posted:

it's too bad they noted the monks had already abandoned the place by the time Avery moved in because if not I would suggest the silent brothers of monk house reset the traps as a special inter-fraternity thing that was part of greek week

No, the traps were clearly from skeleton house based on the decorations. I think those guys are one of the international fraternities or something, because their stuff is everywhere.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

"...Paradise awaits"

I don't know much about Madagascar but is King's Bay a nice tourist destination? Is this just going to be the pirate retirement village?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CheeseThief posted:

"...Paradise awaits"

I don't know much about Madagascar but is King's Bay a nice tourist destination? Is this just going to be the pirate retirement village?

The truth is it's been the world's longest con at selling a time share :saddowns: Don't do it Nate it's not worth it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CheeseThief posted:

"...Paradise awaits"

Unironically yes.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The true treasure of Madagascar is the ability to avoid any global disease-related pandemic.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Really Pants posted:

Avery built a pirate ship large enough to destroy the earth

And it's powered by a pipe organ!

A maaaaaaaaagic pipe organ

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CheeseThief posted:

"...Paradise awaits"

Not anymore now that Drake's been there!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ramos posted:

The true treasure of Madagascar is the ability to avoid any global disease-related pandemic.

The first Madagascar level is figuring out how to get there because somebody sneezed and the borders are closed.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Any chance this is a long running joke with the punchline being "Paradise Lost" by John Milton?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Bruceski posted:

The first Madagascar level is figuring out how to get there because somebody sneezed and the borders are closed.

They heard Sully was coming.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

David D. Davidson posted:

They heard Sully was coming.

Sully said he's familiar with the area, so they obviously studied him to find a cure for every known disease, and found a few unknown ones.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

bobjr posted:

Sully said he's familiar with the area, so they obviously studied him to find a cure for every known disease, and found a few unknown ones.

"Sir, how long have you had syphilis?"

"Got it off some Portuguese chick I was with before I shipped out with Cortez to Mexico."

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

Paradise is heaven, the treasure is an elaborate suicide machine

So far the entire path to finding the treasure ALSO seems like an elaborate suicide machine, as well.

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

:golfclap:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

TheLoser posted:

Alcazar looks at the watch, looks back at Sam, looks at the watch again.

A long pause....

"The debt has been paid."

The rest of the game is spent trying to get the watch back.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

stone cold posted:

My dad went to grad school in Boston, and always makes the lame observation that if they call Worcester Wooster why don't they call Dorchester dooster?

The answer is that it's because English pronunciation makes no loving sense whatsoever, jfc why do you keep doing it to yourselves, anglophones?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wheany posted:

The rest of the game is spent trying to get the watch back.

Bitch took my skull watch.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

CJacobs posted:

Yes, the first one is the only one so far where Drake has walked away with any actual treasure (shiny trinkets aside). Not even the PS Vita one.

Drake killed all those men for only 1 games worth of treasure.....

I bought this game, but I just feel like watching the LP because C and I are so cool. Cheers guys.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aumanor posted:

The answer is that it's because English pronunciation makes no loving sense whatsoever, jfc why do you keep doing it to yourselves, anglophones?
It so we know who to ignore.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Aumanor posted:

My favourite one is the family name "Cholmondeley", pronounced "chum-LEE"

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
at least england pronounces herbs the right way

sout
Apr 24, 2014

DeafNote posted:

:yeah:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Holy poo poo I keep deliberately forgetting about that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lJGD3Q9Qs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DeafNote posted:

But they still say "an herb" and with a hard H that just sounds weird.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

But they still say "an herb" and with a hard H that just sounds weird.

Yeah, I'm from England and I do think this is dumb. "an historic event" pffft.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Abandon the letter h.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Inco posted:

My favourite one is the family name "Cholmondeley", pronounced "chum-LEE"
Worcestershire = Wooster.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Have you ever wanted to feel like a powerful person who knows how to drive stick without doing any of the work? Well do I have the video game for you!

Episode 10: The Dragon.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

And speaking of that, Waypoint put out an article called "Why It's So Hard to Make a Video Game" that has a pretty neat video from Naughty Dog showing the different stages of the jeep's development.

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This map is absolutely gigantic and gorgeous. Such a long driving section would probably be painful in a lot of other games, but the dialogue and different interactive areas like the winch segments and climbing towers break it up.

• Locked thread